2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another item off my list. I finished a Christmas Ami I promised. The Reindeer is posted on my blog here.

That is so cute. I also like the little red riding hood puppets you posted earlier.

I am still working on dd's scarf, its going slowly, since I'm getting kind of tired of repeating those 4 rows over and over and over......

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've been busy at work, although I've still managed to get some crochet projects accomplished. I finished a stocking hat for my dd, an american flag pillow & christmas stocking for my nephew, and I'm working on a tulip cap for a friend of a friends granddaughter.

Whew! I got a scarf nearly complete on our road trip to and from Michigan, 11 hour drive.

I love doing stuff like that - makes the ride go faster.

My Thanksgiving deadline is fast approaching!:crocheting:crocheting I have to have the in-law's presents done because my MIL and FIL are driving down here for Thanksgiving and I don't want to pay to ship stuff up there. :)

Can you believe Thanksgiving is 1 week from tomorrow???? :eek

like Joanne, I lost almost 2 weeks of the month because of Sandy and I'm still havinga hard time getting back in gear. For now it's been getting caught up on cleaning, laundry and getting tree services out to cut down and chop up a couple of trees that fell (away from the house). We're also getting our fence repaired...and looking into a whole house gas generator. 12 days all at once, and in the cold, was bad, and the developement we livein, well, our street goes out at least twice a year...so a generator may give us some peace of mind in our senior years. Meaning now:lol

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've been busy at work, although I've still managed to get some crochet projects accomplished. I finished a stocking hat for my dd, an american flag pillow & christmas stocking for my nephew, and I'm working on a tulip cap for a friend of a friends granddaughter.

go, girl, go!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm working on a doll blanket today for my granddaughter. We found an old cradle at the flea market for 8.00 so we refinished it and I am doing bedding for it....

that's a terrific idea!

I've made another scarf and am making an afghan for my DD and have another RR on the hooks---

Can't believe it's Thanksgiving already next week---Hurricane Sandy really caused a lot of damage---just found out last night that a friend of DH's on Staten Island just got power back last night!!!!

I'm working on Christmas angel dishcloths to give all the family "girls" when we get together for Thanksgiving. I have 8 done so far.

Awesome! Is it a free pattern?

I've made another scarf and am making an afghan for my DD and have another RR on the hooks---

Go, Joanne, Go!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Can't believe it's Thanksgiving already next week---Hurricane Sandy really caused a lot of damage---just found out last night that a friend of DH's on Staten Island just got power back last night!!!!

Ugh....

At book club last night we all looked and acted a bit shellshocked from our 12 days. No one is back to normal, mood-wise or anything wlse it seems. Some are volunteering in the country - wherever needed.

Yes, it is Beverly Button's pattern:

beverlybuttoncrochetdesigns.weebly.com/free-patterns.html

I don't know what I'm doing wrong--the link is not working, but if you type it in you'll get there.

Thanks! Once I typed it in I got there;)

Alright!! One more down! :hook I made this Ipod touch cozy for my FIL. He likes Star Trek. I thought this would be kinda funny. :P

Clock's a tickin'. I have to get a couple WIPs done before the In-laws get here Wednesday. Not only done, but wrapped too!:eek

This cozy is the first time I've tried a graph project. Took a bit of figuring out that's for sure but wasn't too bad!

post-61033-13589778721_thumb.jpg

I decided to bind off the Christmas Lace scarf I was making for dd and send it to Aunt Bubbels for her hurricane Sandy charity. I will make dd another one.

Sweet - still so many here who have lost everything. We were so blessed for some reason. Maybe God knew 2 German shepherds would be hard to take on the road....

Alright!! One more down! :hook I made this Ipod touch cozy for my FIL. He likes Star Trek. I thought this would be kinda funny. :Pcute!

Clock's a tickin'. I have to get a couple WIPs done before the In-laws get here Wednesday. Not only done, but wrapped too!:eek

This cozy is the first time I've tried a graph project. Took a bit of figuring out that's for sure but wasn't too bad!

I'm addicted to graphs:D They get much easier as you make each one.;)

Thanks! Ok got one more WIP done!! my MIL's tote. I've been working on this all summer off and on. I'm very very glad to have it done that's for sure! Took a lot of work to figure out what the heck I was doing!

I might whip up a couple more snowflakes for them (in-laws). I can do those pretty quick. The only person I haven't made anything for is my BIL...I'm thinking of making him a hat I guess. :think I had to frog the gloves I made him. I don't really have much for masculine yarn...

post-61033-135897787382_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Ok got one more WIP done!! my MIL's tote. I've been working on this all summer off and on. I'm very very glad to have it done that's for sure! Took a lot of work to figure out what the heck I was doing!

I might whip up a couple more snowflakes for them (in-laws). I can do those pretty quick. The only person I haven't made anything for is my BIL...I'm thinking of making him a hat I guess. :think I had to frog the gloves I made him. I don't really have much for masculine yarn...

that bag is beautiful!!!!

And a hat is a perfect idea for a gift.

Beautiful. I love the color changes. Perhaps that sounds strange, but having just finished a small project with 17 yarn bobbins, I am always amazed when I see such beautiful work.

I finished the Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe. I picked this leaflet up in a vintage pattern hunt having no idea the number of goodies it would have inside. I'm almost half way through Humpty, too.

The shoe is posted here on my blog for anyone who would like to visit.

I finished the Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe. I picked this leaflet up in a vintage pattern hunt having no idea the number of goodies it would have inside. I'm almost half way through Humpty, too.

that is toooooo cute!

That is awesome! Looks like it took a lot of work but it turned out very nice! Great job!

What about buying a kitchen Christmas towel (and/or hotpad set) and crocheting a towel topper in red, burgundy or green? That's what I'm doing for one of my friends. This is the pattern I'm using. No Sew Towel Topper. I like it because you can take the towel out to wash it, and you don't have to cut the towel/poke holes in it, and crochet it on. :hook

If anyone has any ideas for simple little gifts for people that aren't that close but I love all the same. [/font][/size]

What about buying a kitchen Christmas towel (and/or hotpad set) and crocheting a towel topper in red, burgundy or green? That's what I'm doing for one of my friends. This is the pattern I'm using. No Sew Towel Topper. I like it because you can take the towel out to wash it, and you don't have to cut the towel/poke holes in it, and crochet it on. :hook

that's a great idea!!:clap

Archived