2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Working on dish cloths for about everybody except my 12 year old - she's getting a stash-buster granny afghan for her bed - probably 12" squares edged in black so they'll look good sewn together. I've never had the patience to do an afghan this size before...

Blanket sounds like a great idea!! I did that for my king size bed a few years ago. It works:hook

Well....I've been kinda slowing down. I was on a roll the last week or so! I got a really great start on some gloves and sewed the lining for the MIL's tote. But I haven't sewn it in the bag yet or attached the handle...

The last week and 1/2 I've been picking through a fingerless glove pattern for my BIL...only to frog the whole darn thing tonite. I had 4/5 fingers done and I just decided the sizing was not going to work. :( That's the first time I've had to frog something that far along. I just don't think the yarn I chose was a good fit for the gloves. Oh well, I wasn't really sure what to expect with gloves anyway. I was kind of thinking they might end up some wonky size.

Oh well :sigh...

Although, now that I've frogged that, I have no reason to put off the Scarf swap so that's good!! :) 'Nother good thing is Sunday we're headed to the Pumpkin patch with my sister and her 5 kids. It'll be crazy but fun!!

Well....I've been kinda slowing down. I was on a roll the last week or so! I got a really great start on some gloves and sewed the lining for the MIL's tote. But I haven't sewn it in the bag yet or attached the handle...

The last week and 1/2 I've been picking through a fingerless glove pattern for my BIL...only to frog the whole darn thing tonite. I had 4/5 fingers done and I just decided the sizing was not going to work. :( That's the first time I've had to frog something that far along. I just don't think the yarn I chose was a good fit for the gloves. Oh well, I wasn't really sure what to expect with gloves anyway. I was kind of thinking they might end up some wonky size.

Oh well :sigh...

Although, now that I've frogged that, I have no reason to put off the Scarf swap so that's good!! :) 'Nother good thing is Sunday we're headed to the Pumpkin patch with my sister and her 5 kids. It'll be crazy but fun!!

I have a very hard time with wearables - I feel your pain! Something else may work out in its place.

Have fun on the scarf swap.

I finally finished those two pairs of knit slippers that I've been working on since January. I'm now working on a scarf for youngest DD.

:cheer:clap:cheer

Which scarf pattern are you using? Or did you create one? I know you like doing that:hook

Oh those are lovely Cindy!

Well I decided I needed a success before I tackle the swap. I'm about to whip up a hat for my nephew. Plus I want to use the yarn for this hat on my scarf but I want to make sure I still have enough for the hat. :) I can't wait to get it done and post it! I think its going to turn out cute!

• 3 weeks later...

My Christmas gift list has shrunk...piano ghan will be for next year some time.

Is everyone else stuck in neutral, too?

Yes, unfortunately. I have afghan squares waiting to be put together, and two hats and a scarf still waiting. I've just lost my momentum or something!

boy, do I know how easily that can happen~

I'm into making baby beanies now - so many babies are already here or soon being born in our neighborhood!

Mine's doin ok for right now! I have a few projects that need assembling and I need to buy some more yarn and weave in some ends.

C'mon ladies!! You can do it!! :cheer

Mine's doin ok for right now! I have a few projects that need assembling and I need to buy some more yarn and weave in some ends.

C'mon ladies!! You can do it!! :cheer

That's great!:clap

I just finished the shrug for my new DIL. It's in Lion Brand Homespun which she loves. I hope that's the last homespun in my stash. I love how it feels when you're through, but I HATE working with it!

Finished a hat. Starting on a scarf. Feel like I'm making some progress. Just need to get in the mood to block and join squares for an afghan now.

I finished the scarf. On to some washcloths.

Hi all,

We were living by candle light for 10 days thanks to Hurricane Sandy- but I did make about 7 scarves during that time with a pattern that I know by heart! I'll be donating to victims of the Hurricane. Now that we have light back I'll get back to work on an afghan for my youngest DD for Christmas

Hi all,

We were living by candle light for 10 days thanks to Hurricane Sandy- but I did make about 7 scarves during that time with a pattern that I know by heart! I'll be donating to victims of the Hurricane. Now that we have light back I'll get back to work on an afghan for my youngest DD for Christmas

Glad your power is back on; hope that was your only damage!

I always feel for the kids with December birthdays. My nephew has one so I always try to add something special.

I finally finished the Little Red Riding Hood Finger Puppets I was working on and they are ready to go. He has developed an interest in fairy tales and likes to retell them.

The pictures are posted on my blog here.

Whew! I got a scarf nearly complete on our road trip to and from Michigan, 11 hour drive.

My Thanksgiving deadline is fast approaching!:crocheting:crocheting I have to have the in-law's presents done because my MIL and FIL are driving down here for Thanksgiving and I don't want to pay to ship stuff up there. :)

Can you believe Thanksgiving is 1 week from tomorrow???? :eek

Archived