2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I bought some yarn for a baby blanket for the new little guy that I will be taking care of starting in the fall.

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I see right?? Yarn Geek holding steady at 0???? I can't remember the last time I saw that. :rofl

And Shannon, thanks so much for saving me from winning the coveted award you won. :lol

You are so welcome :D

I have had fun with the new yarn. Here is a pic of the 3 washcloths I finished for my best friend out of the new yarn. I made her one last year with Sport/DK weight yarn and she wanted more for washcloths. She says the WW is good for dishes, but not for skin...LOL.

post-52109-135897760417_thumb.jpg

I finished a cap yesterday afternoon but did not use enough yarn to count.:shrug My birthday (June 5th) is coming up and I usually like to do a little shopping before eating out. I have a follow-up visit with my oncologist that morning. So I decided that all of the walking I would be doing between the doctor's visit, shopping, and eating out (at a buffet) it just may tire me out too much. So I decided to do my shopping online. I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby but I just went online. I was going to wait and order closer to my birthday but they had a "Free Shipping" special I could not resist. So Monday this week I ordered 12 skeins of "I Love This Cotton" yarn and today they arrived. So my count for this week so far is -24. :shrug:eek

I finished a cap yesterday afternoon but did not use enough yarn to count.:shrug My birthday (June 5th) is coming up and I usually like to do a little shopping before eating out. I have a follow-up visit with my oncologist that morning. So I decided that all of the walking I would be doing between the doctor's visit, shopping, and eating out (at a buffet) it just may tire me out too much. So I decided to do my shopping online. I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby but I just went online. I was going to wait and order closer to my birthday but they had a "Free Shipping" special I could not resist. So Monday this week I ordered 12 skeins of "I Love This Cotton" yarn and today they arrived. So my count for this week so far is -24. :shrug:eek

Well, Happy Early Birthday to you!! Enjoy playing in all that :yarn

:hug

I'm hoping to get a lot of crocheting done today at my knitting/crochet group. I'm still at a -3.

:manyheart

I have a bunch of skeins I could wind into balls..maybe that is something to do today. Otherwise so far I'm at a big 0..which is better than not a big 0 in the wrong direction

I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't forget again...

I've been working with sock yarn for the past 2 weeks, so my skein usage hasn't budged. On the other hand, I managed to pick up one skein of sock yarn to make a baby sweater, plus a skein of Plymouth Dreambaby the next weekend...plus the sock yarn that just JUMPED out at me! :lol

So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6 YTD -22

:blush :blush :blush

Worked a skein into a ball on a white shawl. Didn't get a chance to work on much else. I was moving furniture in the living room to open up the window for the air conditioning unit. When it gets past 85 degrees, I melt. Also, the weeds outside are getting the best of me. I can't seem to catch up. We finally got a new trimmer, an electric one. It's lighter and I can lift it. I still have challenges from the car accident last year. Some other person's distraction can really alter your life.

For week ending May 26, 2012:

WTD: +1 / YTD: +28

I've finally finished the skein that I had going on my prayer shawl. so I'm in the Positives!

WTD=+1 YTD=+51

:manyheart It may be only one, but it it positive!!!!! LOL!

Although I have been playing with my new yarn I have not used up enough to count. I am making a washcloth/dishcloth using the varigated color "Carousel" from "I Love This Cotton." So my count is:

WTD: -24 YTD: -38

Not too much to report for me - I made a Cotton Buster Market Tote but I'm using cones of cotton, so not enough to count there... still gratifying, though, because I got something completed!! :D

I did use up a ball on my granny square afghan this week... so my score for

Week Ending 5-26-2012 is:

WTD +1 / YTD +61

Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day everyone!! If you are a veteran - Thank You for your service!! :hug

Archived