2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Missed a week or 2. I used a pounder, but had to buy another to finish the elephant. Used the baby yarn, but had to buy another to finish the solas caomh afghan. sigh. I did roll a ball, and I don't think I counted the last skein I finished on the baby blanket... so I am counting this week as a

Wtd: +3

Here is a picture of the baby afghan. I still need to weave in some ends I think.

solascaomh3.jpg

solascaomh2.jpg

solascaomh1.jpg

Wow! I love the cables!

:eek Almost forgot to post my score for this week. It would not matter if I did forget as this is my score for the week ending 4/21/12:

WTD: 0

I have hit a slow spot or a pothole in my crocheting as I have done very little crocheting this week. I have been working on a beanie cap this week and just 2 rows shy of being done. Also,I got out some yarn (what was left of 2 skeins that I had been making UBW caps with earlier this year.) that had tangled all up. I spent about 2 days getting this untangled. So I have nothing to count this week. Oh well.

I wound 3 skeins down to balls this week, so my totals are

WTD +3 / YTD +32

I will see about getting totals posted tomorrow, it will be my first time so go easy on me!! :)

:hug

I'm not going to finish off any skeins tonight, so I might as well post my score now. I got sucked into Michaels' yarn sale on L&T Impeccable and ended up with fifteen skeins.

WTD: -30

I'm lucky I'm broke right now. Otherwise, I would be in the same boat, with lots of new yarn to play in. Enjoy the yarn, Yarn geek!

:manyheart

I wound 3 skeins down to balls this week, so my totals are

WTD +3 / YTD +32

I will see about getting totals posted tomorrow, it will be my first time so go easy on me!! :)

:hug

You'll do fine. I have confidence in you.

:manyheart

I've done a little hooking this week, but have been preoccupied with our puppy and house training him, keeping him from chewing up baby toys, keeping him and my youngest (18 months) from hurting each other. So not much hook time. AND I'm using pounders to make a baby blanket for my son's teacher who's due right before school ends next month with her first baby.

For the week ending 4-21-12

WTD: 0

Finished a second preemie 'ghan for the NICU, and adult chemo hat, and two baby hats. Working on a ripple that has been around for along time. Rolled three balls.

WTD: +13 YTD: +113

Looks like I'm getting in just under the wire!

I'm back in the negative...I had to buy two skeins of Caron Simply Soft to make a scarf for a friend, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -4 YTD -6

Mona, love the RR!!! :manyheart

I'm not going to finish off any skeins tonight, so I might as well post my score now. I got sucked into Michaels' yarn sale on L&T Impeccable and ended up with fifteen skeins.

WTD: -30

WHEW! I thought I was going to the moon with a sad -5! :lol

:turtle:vheart

I forgot to get on here and post yesterday. Since earlier post, I have only turned one more skein into a ball.

So total this week is WTD +6 YTD +29

Here is a pic of the baby blanket I finished this week, using up some of my scraps and balls of yarn.

Happy Crocheting

post-52109-135897755204_thumb.jpg

:manyheart First of all, I would like to give a big :ty to everyone for posting your scores so clearly! As a first time reporter, your posting skills made this very easy for me!! :hug

I would also like to say how impressed I am with the amount of yarn usage this week!! :yay:cheer Great job everyone!! :hug

Without any further ado - here are the scores for the week ending April 21st, 2012... (drum roll, please)

Gold Medal winner is lhasaapsolady with a score of +16 :clap

Silver Medal winner is Braxxi with a score of +15 :clap

We have a tie for the

Bronze Medal winners are dragonpuck and Needle Arts - each with a score of +13 :clap

Using up yarn ~ ~

greyhoundgrandma +11

Izabelka +10

CLLinda +7

Shannart +6

Marpan79 +4

crabby rat +3

Jennifer seven +3

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

Holding steady ~ ~

tnkycrochetnut 0

prettywoman030981 0

pineknott 0

New Yarn to play in!!!

PBLKNP -4

Turtlelvr -5

and the Shoot the Moon winner for this week is:

yarn geek

with an envious score of -30

If I missed anyone, I apologize... happy hooking this week, everybody!! :hug

Finally finished the baby blanket (Bernat Baby Jacquards) that's been on the back burner. But didn't finish off another skein.

Gorgeous!! :manyheart

I forgot to get on here and post yesterday. Since earlier post, I have only turned one more skein into a ball.

So total this week is WTD +6 YTD +29

Here is a pic of the baby blanket I finished this week, using up some of my scraps and balls of yarn.

Happy Crocheting

Beautiful :manyheart

Well, last week and finishing up on Sunday I made 2 baby ghans. One rr for a friend and one granny. The granny was supposed to be 3x3, but I downsized when I realized I wouldn't finish it yesterday before my parents left this morning and I didn't want to have to mail it :shrug:lol But it's still a good size for a baby :yes

I think I ended up making 3 more skeins into balls yesterday, so I'll have to +3 to my score for this week :clap

post-36814-135897755282_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897755548_thumb.jpg

Finished up a skein last night and finished a project that was on a time limit. Positive for the week now, but tomorrow I'm going to some combination of HL, Michael's, and Jo-Ann's. It's my day out and I'm going to shop until I drop or I can't stand the city traffic any more, whichever comes first!

Archived