2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

So, how little, or how much? yarn, or how big is a ball? Been working at detangling my stash some :)

a ball is how big you make it. If I've only use a little bit of a skein I just leave it and count it all when I finish it or do make it into a ball. Small balls can be culled :lol (removed from the herd..I mean stash) or used to make a scrap something or other :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was good and only got the 3 skeins I needed. :)

:turtle:vheart

Good for you! Used Willpower to fight off extra yarn! Good for you!

:manyheart

Thanks Marisa for the explanation of 3sub. I thought of the U(gly)B(ut)W(arm) cap but couldn't come up with anything to fit 3sub. Now that I know what it is I am going "Duhhhh."

I was good and only got the 3 skeins I needed. :)

:turtle:vheart

My problem is when I go to HL it's a treat because I only manage to get there every few months. Now that there is one near dd house :cheer:cheer I'm hoping to make it more often with less impact on my score all at once :hook

Its a wonderful thing that this stashbuster is only for yarn, because I would TOTALLY shoot the moon if it included polymer clay and related tools :lol

I used half a skein to make a preemie Divine Hat - still used worsted weight but used a F hook, so its nice and dense to help keep their body heat in, but not too thick.

+1 for the week. Tiny, TINY dent in the damage I did last week :lol

Thanks Marisa for the explanation of 3sub. I thought of the U(gly)B(ut)W(arm) cap but couldn't come up with anything to fit 3sub. Now that I know what it is I am going "Duhhhh."

:lol you and me both!! :hug

I wonder if the 3sub would be a good way to use up ALL my Brava? Especially since it would be lots of different colors :lol I ordered about 27-30 skeins of it, but only 2 skins of every color I ordered :D That would be one wacky afghan.

I wonder if the 3sub would be a good way to use up ALL my Brava? Especially since it would be lots of different colors :lol I ordered about 27-30 skeins of it, but only 2 skins of every color I ordered :D That would be one wacky afghan.

I imagine it would be very pretty!!! :D

I blew it! My diet of not buying yarn. I happened to go into the LYS, and they had Encore yarn for half price. So I bought SIX! I will use it, but there goes my score!

I blew it! My diet of not buying yarn. I happened to go into the LYS, and they had Encore yarn for half price. So I bought SIX! I will use it, but there goes my score!

It leapt right into your shopping basket, didn't it??? Happens to me all the time... :lol

Never fear. You didn't pull what 3 of us did last week, which was -46, -44 and -42 :lol

been busy knitting a sock and that little ball of yarn doesn't seem to be disappearing! GRRRRR

I know...that's the bummer of knitting socks. Usually one skein is enough for the pair, so that ball NEVER goes down! :lol

another skein and ball on the rr +7

Posting now as I will be gone to a rabbit show and am not going to use up anything significant.

WTD: +9, YTD -48 ending 1/28

edited score cause it looks so cool! I finished my Christmas RR afghan last night..um...this morning and balled up 2..so 2 more!

Archived