yarn geek -42

Amibel -44

FrLopLady -46 - Shoot The Moon!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good, now I can continue my counting!

I made a skein into a ball last night = +1

I gave away a ball of yarn to my step son today, as I taught him chain stitch so he can practice (he was doing some impressive work when he left!) = +1

But earlier today, I went to Michael's in order to get more loom supplies for my 6 year old, and wouldn't you know it? A skein of thread totally threw itself off the shelf at my daughter's feet. A really pretty hunter geen thread that I didn't have before. It begged me for amnesty, said it was being bullied by the other skeins of thread, said its very life was in danger by the evil variegated blues in the shelf above it.

How could I put it back?! -2 for that...so I'm still at 0.... and all in one day!

Ladies, I'm going to be in serious trouble next week. We are getting our tax refund Friday and DH has already said I needed to get the yarn I've been wanting but haven't been buying because I always say "we need that money for other stuff". So, yeah....I'll be drowning in yarn by next Sunday!! :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Ladies, I'm going to be in serious trouble next week. We are getting our tax refund Friday and DH has already said I needed to get the yarn I've been wanting but haven't been buying because I always say "we need that money for other stuff". So, yeah....I'll be drowning in yarn by next Sunday!! :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

yay!!! :cheer:cheer I'm glad you can indulge :hook

OH WOW!!! Lucky you! Can't wait to hear about all the yummy yarn you will be drowning in! :hug

Wow! Awesome DH! I can't wait to hear about all your new yarn! :cheer:clap:cheer

It's so nice to hear about everyone's new yarn! :c9

Oh, forgot to add, I finished off 3 balls tonight! YAY!!! I'm hoping that I'll finish off 3 skeins by next weekend. I just started on my 10th set of rows (3 colors, 2 rows of each color in a set) and there's 14 sets of rows in the blanket. Then the border! Then to start on an identical blanket in blue instead of pink. :)

I'm making an AG doll dress, and used up half a skein. Rolled the rest into a ball and I hope to finish the rest of the dress today, after errands.

:manyheart

Finished up a skein last night on my poncho. Now that I found out hubby's family isn't coming to help us move (his brother can't get the time off .. so my sis and bil are coming instead), pressures off to finish gifts for them. I feel relieved, lol. About not having a deadline, not about his family not coming.

Good afternoon everyone :hi

It's been busy since I was last here on Saturday afternoon :yes Well, I did get some hook time in on Saturday evening :clap I managed to make a ball and use a ball of yarn :clap So that starts my week at +2 I didn't work on anything yesterday since it was busy, but hopefully tonight :xfin

I was working with yarn vomit the other day. But it was almost a full skein of 1 pound cotton, so I didn't ball it all, just fixed the vomit.

It's not fun. Had to frog too many rows on an afghan and figured "ah, it won't be too bad to re do them". Well, the rows would go quicker if the knots weren't there. What was I thinking??? :think

I've finished the colored part of my afghan. Now to do the black edging on the eight pieces and then join them. The bad news is I didn't finish any skeins, not even enough to roll into balls. The good news is I have 15 colors of yarn for other projects.

Worked thru the majority of the yarn barf last night. Still can't bring myself to throw the rest of it away. What is wrong with me???

Anyways, finished a skein of black while working on the flannelghan. Tonight there won't be time to crochet. Have to finish homework for class tomorrow night. :(

Finished up the dress in pink. Used up rest of the skein, so I'm at 2 points. Also making white sleeves, to use up more yarn.

:manyheart

Archived