2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

2012 Stashbusting CAL!

This is a continuation of 2011's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with ZERO'S for your point scores. If you want, keep your 2011 score in your siggy to remind you to "Do Better".

If you are new to our very addicting game, here are the general rules.

Everyone who's goin go join the group, please sign up to this thread and I will be putting all the names on a page here so that we know who's playing.

Also, please put a line in your signature for Stashbusting score. Example: WTD=+5 YTD=+27.

Please post your scores by Midnight on Saturday, so that the scorekeeper can pick them up. Shortly after that, the scorekeeper will be tallying the scores and posting them on Sunday.

Please make your score easy to be seen. Large numbers and pretty colors really help.

Example:

WTD=+7 YTD=-9.. WTD= week to date and YTD = Year to date.

:manyheart

First (gold), second (silver) and third (bronze) will be noted on the scorekeeping list on Sunday, along with all the other scores. If you have the largest total in receiving yarn and not using it up, it is called the "Shoot the Moon" award.

The "Shoot the Moon" winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the scores the following week. If the "Shoot the Moon" winner is not available to post the scores, please contact CLLinda as early as possible so that scores can be posted in a timely manner.

The scorekeeper should post by 8 a.m. Eastern Time on Sunday. If it will be posted at another time, due to work, church, etc., please notify the group so that they will know when to expect their scores.

Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn that you use up, completely, you get two points.

For every skein of yarn that you turn into a ball, you get one point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get one point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose two points.

For every ball of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose one point.

Clarification: a skein is a brand new, bundle of yarn that you buy at the store or equivelent. If you wind it into cakes, or roll it in to balls, you can only get two points per skein when you use them.

This is an on-going CAL. Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T COUNT what's in your stash. For many of us, that would be impossible. You get points when you use up what's in your stash or lose points when you add to your stash.

Points are counted if you crochet, knit, craft, or donate yarn.

So who will be playing this year? The first weekend of posting will be on January 8th for the week ending January 7th.

Good luck, everyone, and let's see some good stashbusting happening this year! If there's any questions, just post them on the thead and I'm sure they will be answered quickly.

List of names is on page #6.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list so far for the 2012 Stashbusting CAL:

Abigail1280

Addicted2Patterns

Ally

Amibel

Ariaya

BigPinkPolkaDot

Boupie crochet

Braxxi

Bubbe

Cathoms

CLLinda

Crabby Rat

Crafting4Others

Crafty Witch

crochetaddicted

crochetlady2012

CrochetBoosh

cris

cshort

ddc

dragonpuck

fc1123

FrLopLady

greyhoundgrandma

HollyzHobbyz

Jennifer seven

Jessicali

Jollyrancher418

Joyfulghans

Kiwikitti

Krazycrocheter

Krafty-kitty

kraftynkrazy

krodrig 99

lhasaapsolady

Izabelka

Ladysmith

Lottie's Creations

Malisa Meesa

MamaBearCRTE

mamabear10

marpan79

MouseCLP

MrsForest

NPrairie

Needle Arts

PBLKNP

Pineknott

Pixidaria

prettywoman030981

Priony

Ravenaier

Saffronangel

sahm2g1b

Shannart

SlugBugRach

Stephanie

tnkycrochet

TurtleLvr

Uncharted waters

unicorn 37757

VikingRunnerGirl

walker1021

yarn geek

Welcome to all.

Enjoy the game and hope to really bust some stash this year!

I'm in again. Surely I can do better!

What do you mean? You did a great job buying yarn! LOL!

:manyheartYou are on the list!

Count me in. Do you really mean I can start the new year with zero (0) totals. Yahoo!!! According to FedEx tracking I should be receiving a box of yarn tomorrow from Joann.com that I ordered on "Cyber Monday." I went slightly crazy. You see sometime ago I had ordered 2 different colors of the Caron One Pounder. Recently I began using the Taupe and fell in love with the yarn. Its soft but easy to work with. So with a couple of orders I had a nice collection of the colors to be used to make caps and scarves to give to my church's clothes closet or donate to a homeless shelter. To make a long story short I still had some money left from my birthday and decided to get the rest of the solid colors (I did not order any of the varigated) offered by Joann.com. Boy are my totals going to look bad this come Sunday. :devil

Please add me to the list for next year -- this is the only thing that keeps me from going crazy buying yarn! In other words, this group is my conscience. :D

All have been added to the list.

Glad to see all those returning. It does help to keep purchases lower.

I'm new around here, but I would like to join. My yarn addiction is just beginning. Might be interesting, though, since I asked for money to buy yarn with for Christmas. lol.

Welcome to the group!:manyheart

Archived