Bernat Shawl 4922

DesertCrocheter

It is listed in her subject line -- Bernat Pattern 4922

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4922

It is a beautiful pattern, but their picture did not show how much. Once I saw DesertCrocheter's picture, I went over and saved the pattern! Sometimes the yarn designers are so busy showing their yarn, they do not do the pattern justice!

Boy! Are you ever right, Debra Kay!! I've seen that pattern before, and just scooted right on past it!! Makes you wonder how many good patterns we've missed, doesn't it!! :eek

Whoa! Very pretty. Love the color scheme.:cheer

I started this pattern a few nights ago with Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair and now that I am on Row 8, I find that the neckline is starting to shape into a "V" instead of being a straight line. Any suggestions?

I read in another thread on the forum about this happening with a differnet shawl pattern but could not locate it. (I will probably need to post in the need help with stitches section.)

Yes, mine was v-shaped as it was being made, too, but that's what it's supposed to do. The shawl will straighten out as you get further into it. You're looking at the two ends forming, with the point, right? It'll be okay, just keep with it. As you add more stitches on the end (the two at each end), you'll see what it's doing in a few more rows. Then you can block it to make sure that it's straight across the neck, although mine was without needing to be blocked. I blocked it to try to make it a little bigger.

Oh, I can't wait to see yours--please post photos when done. Patty

Whoa! Very pretty. Love the color scheme.:cheer

I started this pattern a few nights ago with Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair and now that I am on Row 8, I find that the neckline is starting to shape into a "V" instead of being a straight line. Any suggestions?

I read in another thread on the forum about this happening with a differnet shawl pattern but could not locate it. (I will probably need to post in the need help with stitches section.)

Hi Patty- Thank you so much for your answer. I took another peek at your shawl and I just love yours.

Last night I frogged the 8 rows (that was a chore in itself with the mohair- LOL) and it seems to look pretty good with what I did on the new 8 rows.

After the first ch3, instead of putting the 2dc right smack next to the ch, I put them in the next st. I was not short on st's at the end of the row and it looks even. Since the mohair is so fuzzy, there is not a gap after the first ch3.

I will definitely post a pic of the finished shawl- if I can remember to take a photo of it! :lol

Yes, mine was v-shaped as it was being made, too, but that's what it's supposed to do. The shawl will straighten out as you get further into it. You're looking at the two ends forming, with the point, right? It'll be okay, just keep with it. As you add more stitches on the end (the two at each end), you'll see what it's doing in a few more rows. Then you can block it to make sure that it's straight across the neck, although mine was without needing to be blocked. I blocked it to try to make it a little bigger. Oh, I can't wait to see yours--please post photos when done. Patty

You know, I had the devil of a time on row 8, where the chevron or ripple pattern starts. The way I got the pattern to work for me was to dc in the ch 1 sp AND in the actual stitch itself, if that makes sense. Otherwise, I was consistently off 1 stitch. Someone on Ravelry posted in her project notes for her Bernat shawl that she had the same problem, so I stole her solution (thank goodness for people who put notes on their projects on Rav!).

However, as long as you can see the open spaces lining up on your shawl, who cares how you get there?

Patty

• 3 weeks later...

Archived