Bernat Shawl 4922

DesertCrocheter

I'm calling it Am I Blue? Paton's Lace, 1.3 skeins in porcelain. Really more of a shawlette in size; I'd recommend using the whole second skein to make it bigger. Wet blocked it's 44 inches by 26 inches, but I'm going to try steam blocking it to see if I can get another inch out of it. Once I figured out in one part of the pattern that you needed to crochet in the ch1 sp and in the chain itself, the pattern lined up perfectly.

post-186-135897699662_thumb.jpg

post-186-135897699667_thumb.jpg

This turned out just beautiful! I love your color choice. This would look just as great teamed with a pair of blue jeans as it would with a nice blue dress. :) Enjoy your hard work as it is going to look gorgeous on!

That's awesome!! :yes What pattern did you use?

It is listed in her subject line -- Bernat Pattern 4922

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4922

It is a beautiful pattern, but their picture did not show how much. Once I saw DesertCrocheter's picture, I went over and saved the pattern! Sometimes the yarn designers are so busy showing their yarn, they do not do the pattern justice!

It is listed in her subject line -- Bernat Pattern 4922

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4922

It is a beautiful pattern, but their picture did not show how much. Once I saw DesertCrocheter's picture, I went over and saved the pattern! Sometimes the yarn designers are so busy showing their yarn, they do not do the pattern justice!

Oh, I agree, DebraKay. I saw a photo someone on Ravelry who had made this posted, and it looked gorgeous, otherwise I probably would have passed right by, too. It doesn't look as lacy as it is in the photo that accompanies the pattern. And thanks for adding the link!

Patty

I had a skein of RHSS Spa Blue here and started during the second quarter of the football game last night--I got 18 rows done on it and LOVE this pattern! Thank you for pointing it out! (And yours is gorgeous in those colors!)

Oh, oh! Post photos when you're done! I'm thinking of making myself a second shawl, but larger, and would love to see it in a thicker yarn choice.

Patty

Archived