What color...

Out of all of the colors of yarn, is there a color that you absolutely do not like working with?

--------------------------------

I think mine would be black. It's so hard for me to see! It looks fine when I'm finished with the project, BUT while using it & working on the project, I find it difficult to use.

Black, dark brown and navy blue are the worst for me. In fact, in my stash I have only 3 skeins of black (bought to use for stripes in an afghan) and no dark brown or navy blue. I prefer any other color than those.

some times yellows and sometimes red, then other times it don't bother me. I think it has something to do with the shades, or moods who knows? As far as seeing colors Black n navy's and browns-- so I crochet those darker colors during the days for Black, Brown, Navy..

right now I have a OTT light-got it last christmas from Hubby. Haven't crochet with black or Navy's yarns or threads yet. into other colors right now. BUT I did have to do some hand sewing with a needle the other night repairing a torn and used black sewing thread and I did this at night. wow the OTT light was wonderful!

I don't mind the darker colors, even at night, but I DO have an ott lightbulb so maybe that is why? :shrug

There are colors I don't particularly care for and those are harder to use in the sense that I don't tend to choose them to make something with!

orange...don't like the color, can't stand to see it...and sometimes blue, a certain shade of blue, it's not navy or royal, but somewhere in between...makes me nervous to look at.

nothing I can think of, I used to dislike the dark colors until I got lighted hooks, now not a problem

I would pick black for my least favorite too. Only because I find it difficult to see where the next stitch goes. I found the lighted crochet hooks make it much easier though! I am funny about my hooks and I am not crazy about the feel of the lighted hooks but will use it to make black yarn easier to deal with. I also bought a nice Ott lamp for the living room. I had a small table top one that I use on my painting table and decided I should have one for crochet too. It makes a world of difference!! You can rochet with black yarn and not have near the usual problem with it. Easier on the eyes than a normal bright bulb too. I love OTT lights -- just for crafting though -- the light is not warm or natural for normal living situations but well worth the addition when you need it for crochet and other crafts.

I agree with the black and dark colors. It kills my eyes also at night trying to find where to put my dang hook. :hook

I also just don't care for Hunter Green. Day or night. I am just not a fan of green at all but hunter green is the worst.

I don't think I have ever found a varigated that I didn't like. Although I have never used the monet yet. But I want to see what it looks like and use it to find out :scared

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What was that about lighted hooks????? Where where WHERE do I find one?????? OOOOOOOOO You have my interest peaked now!!!!!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What was that about lighted hooks????? Where where WHERE do I find one?????? OOOOOOOOO You have my interest peaked now!!!!!

Well, let's see, just to mention a few (no particular brand intended):

Amazon.com has some on sale,

JoAnn.com has them on sale also,

and Herrschners.com, (but no sale)

finally, knitting-warehouse.com has a sale too.

Some brick/mortar stores still carry them. You would have to check your particular area.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived