2' Granny Circle Layette Blanket

• 2 months later...

Hi :) Brand new member, and fairly new to crochet...:hook

Can anyone give me advice? I'm at step 12 of this beautiful blanket and I just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track... It seems fairly small still, but that's not the problem, It seems to be getting "corners", nothing too definite... I can manipulate it into a circle.

Also, it seems to be very "full" almost "ruffled" as in, if I lay it flat, it doesnt actually lay flat at all, almost like I have increased too quickly, when (to the best of my knowledge I have followed the pattern exactly). I think it's very pretty, but making sure it's supposed to look like that..

When it says "(cl, ch2) 2 times into next 2 ch sp" should that be 2 double clusters (as in 2 times into the next 2 chain2 spaces" or "2 times into the next chain2 space".

Thank you everyone... I hope it's normal, I think I will cry if I have to take it apart...

Chelle :)

Hi :) Brand new member, and fairly new to crochet...:hook

Can anyone give me advice? I'm at step 12 of this beautiful blanket and I just wanted to make sure I'm on the right track... It seems fairly small still, but that's not the problem, It seems to be getting "corners", nothing too definite... I can manipulate it into a circle.

Also, it seems to be very "full" almost "ruffled" as in, if I lay it flat, it doesnt actually lay flat at all, almost like I have increased too quickly, when (to the best of my knowledge I have followed the pattern exactly). I think it's very pretty, but making sure it's supposed to look like that..

When it says "(cl, ch2) 2 times into next 2 ch sp" should that be 2 double clusters (as in 2 times into the next 2 chain2 spaces" or "2 times into the next chain2 space".

Thank you everyone... I hope it's normal, I think I will cry if I have to take it apart...

Chelle :)

You will cluster, chain 2, cluster, chain 2 all into the next chain space.

Hi Chelle,

I have had another person note that the blanket ruffles a bit. They said they were a loose crocheter (which makes sense because I tend to crochet tight as I mainly do toys). I think I'll take another look a the pattern this week and see if I can improve it. Will let you know.

Thanks - Nattypat (Natalie Gagnon)

Archived