First Filet Butterfly & Roses Runner

alchemyfyr

I just finished this doily for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I wanted to make something special for my mother so I chose a pattern from a vintage magazine that was my Gramma's and was passed down to me. I also used one of her thread hooks. This is only my second big thread project and my first time blocking. My mother may end up blocking it again to see if it can stretch farther and also to even out the edges. I will be giving it to her this weekend at their party. Thank you for all the help and encouragement in the thread help section :-)

post-13117-135897662181_thumb.jpg

I worked on it non-stop morning, noon, and night for a little less than 2 weeks, lol. I had started one about a week before that but had chosen thread that was much too big and would have made a HUGE runner so had to spend a few days finding proper thread and starting all over again. :-) But it is worth it. I can't wait to give it to her this weekend!

Thank you all......I really enjoyed making it. My blocking still needs some work, lol, but once I give it to my mom I am sure she can do it better. At least it is presentable for now. :-) I am definitely glad to be back to yarn though.....that 30 thread and 10 hook really wreaked havoc on my eyes. But now I am back working on a ladybug graphghan I designed for a lady....WW yarn and a J hook...much more my style, lol.

I'm sure your Mom and Dad will love it, what a wonderful gift!

Lots of work, but the end result is just gorgeous, nice!

Absolutely worth all your time and work... beautiful runner! I love filet, I love roses and butterflies, so the pattern seems to be just PERFECT :hook:clap:clap:clap

Thank you all! I will be giving it to them on Sunday.....will let you know how she likes it. Oh, and it is called Midsummer Night....I don't know the name of the magazine it came from though.

Archived