crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hi Alll - all we got last night was high winds! No thunderstorms here, they fizzled out before getting here.

Joanne - glad you got to crochet last night (I did too while watching the weather reports). Sorry about the Devils loss. The OKC Thunder is in the NBA playoffs, lost the first 2 games, they really need to win tonight.

Mama K - it will soon be done and you will get back to your normal routine.

Ann - get some rest and get to feeling better soon.

Busy day today, got to get the newsletter out and the bulletin done. Hopefully I can crochet on my lunch hour since I don't have to go and get GS from school.

Well, off to get ready for work! Have a wonderful day all!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TGIF!!! Happy JUNE 1st!!! Happy Moving Day for Kuddles (or is that tomorrow?)

Sherry- I watched a good portion of the OKC vs Spurs game and see that they won!! I'm rooting for OKC with you in the Western Conference finals and they definitely were playing good last night!!!

Sue- Wow- a 2 hour test!! That's a strain on the brain!:lol

Kuddles- Good luck with the move and hoping all goes smoothly!

Ann- How are you feeling?

I did do some mindless crocheting last night on the Stash basket while I was watching the game. And then tiredness took over and instead of fighting sleep like I often do, I gave in!

Hope you all have a good day!:hug

Joanne - didn't get to watch the game, had the boys but I saw the score!! Way to to Thiunder!!

Mama K - good luck on the move!! Will be thinking of you!

Sue - hope things are going well for you!

Will have the boys again tonight, so probably no crocheting for me. They got some new books (old ones DH bought for them) so maybe we will be reading.

Have a great Friday!! Hugs to all!

Quick checkin....as of last nite, i have no internet, tv or phones at home. Checking in now from work.

I hope to be back to converse with you lovely ladies by Sunday!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Mama K

hi everyone

just checking in

i haven't done any crocheting I have gone trough patterns and my yarn stash daily but still can't seem to hook anything :(

the weather has been humid sunny and raining all in one day every day

hope you all are well

:hi

Welcome to June! I can't believe it's here already...

Arielle was supposed to have a scrimmage tonight, but it's chilly and rainy out there so they cancelled it... I'd rather they didn't play in the cold rain anyway - don't need chilled kids! A warm rain is one thing... cold rain? Nah...

Anyhow - I need some help ladies - my dear Aunt gave me two bags of yarn, and it has all kinds of really neat kinds in it (like fun fur, boucle, etc) and I need some ideas on what to turn it into. I don't have a lot of any particular kind - mostly a skein here or there (I'm sure I can combine different colors for interesting looks) so smaller items would probably be better...

I already have quite a collection of "fun" yarns, and this is going to demolish my Stash Buster score (yes, I'm in that group too) even though I haven't bought a single skein of yarn all year! :rofl What a way to have it demolished, though! :manyheart

It's supposed to be on the cool damp side this weekend (last weekend, we had a high of 92 on Sunday and 90 on Memorial Day - today's high? 53. Yes, that's correct - almost 40 degrees difference!) so I hope to stay in and crochet as much as possible (except for Dmitri's T Ball game tomorrow afternoon).

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

:hug

Anyhow - I need some help ladies - my dear Aunt gave me two bags of yarn, and it has all kinds of really neat kinds in it (like fun fur, boucle, etc) and I need some ideas on what to turn it into. I don't have a lot of any particular kind - mostly a skein here or there (I'm sure I can combine different colors for interesting looks) so smaller items would probably be better...

hats & scarves are always good

Hi all,

Loooooong day in Paradise- didn't get home till 7:30! But I did stop at ACMoore on the way home and picked up a few skeins of Vanna's Colors yarn- its bulky only about 100 yds per skein- but on sale for $1.00-- couldn't resist. Will probably make a SBT or a Stash basket with some of it!

Melani- Woot for free yarn!!! How about some hats/fingerless gloves/coffee cup cozies/phone cozies?

Kuddles- Hope all goes well with your move and look forward to hearing from you when you are in your new home!

Had good news today- my friend from work passed her nursing boards!! WOOT!!! She worked so hard these past 5 years working full time and doing nursing at night! So happy for her!

Waiting for the storms to finish up here on this Friday evening. Tomorrow we have mulch for the backyard being delivered, and 2 graduation parties to attend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

:ty Mona and Joanne - I'm going to look up the different types of yarn, also - I'm guessing there are "suggested" patterns for some of them...

Hats and scarves was one of my first thoughts...

I haven't ever made fingerless gloves, but I have wanted to try, so that's an excellent suggestion!

Mama, good luck with the move! :hug

Joanne, Happy Saturday! :)

Sherry, I hope you are well too! :hug

2 more days and I'll get a weekend, but lots to do. Cages and tanks need cleaning, homework needs to get done...fun times. Tuesday some guys caught a budgie parakeet on the beach and brought it to us. I took it home in hopes of finding the owners. No luck so far. Plus I adopted a mouse that was going to be hawk food at work, but she was too sweet to give to them. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Hi everyone!

It's kind of a yucky day out there- cloudy, cool, damp- the perfect day to do what I need to do- which is clean! It's not fun, but needs to be done:( Hoping to tackle everything this morning including grocery shopping--then relax this afternoon. I finished the Stash Basket last night and will try and get a pic later on today!

Enjoy the day- good luck with the move, Kuddles!

Hope work goes by quickly Sue!!!

Ann- Hope you are on the mend!

Sherry- tonight OKC plays again, but I'll be watching the Devils! :cheer

Well, so much for sleeping in :( Woke up at 6:15. DH is working and GSs are still sleeping (well is still sleeping, little man is on my lap right now). Will be a busy morning but hope to crochet this evening.

Sue - what a zoo you must have! :lol Hope work isn't too bad.

Mama K - hope things go well for your move.

Ann - been thinking about you.

Joanne - Yep, we're hoping the Thunder rolls again tonight!! They need to win tonight. Hope the Devils win! Looking forward to seeing your pic.

crabby rat - free yarn!! Let us know what you decide to make.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Hugs to all

Hi Everyone! Thinking of you all! It's a cold, rainy day here. I good day to stay snuggled on the couch resting. Hope you are all doing well. You are all in my thoughts.

Mama K, good luck with the moving!!!

Hugs and good thoughts to all! :hug:hug:hug

Hi all, Well the sun decided to come out- although now it looks like it's clouding up again. Got the cleaning done that I was going to do, went to Trader Joe's and the grocery store, unpacked it all (the worst part of grocery shopping IMO) and finally took some pictures of some of my crocheting of late.

The baby blanket for my DD's sister-in-laws twin girl to be, a blue shawl for me that I made out of the Queensland Rustic DK yarn I bought in Boston, a purple shawl made from Valley Yarns Superwash (York Shawlette pattern by Anastacia Zittel ) and the Stash Basket out of good ole' RHSS. (pattern by Purl Soho)

post-27163-135897762248_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897762253_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897762256_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897762259_thumb.jpg

:hi everyone!!! I didn't get to post on here yesterday because I had the grandbabies all day long. My youngest gs was sick and his mama had her high school graduation so instead of attending the graduation I stayed home with the sick baby. He screamed for hours and I felt terrible that I couldn't make him feel better. :( Anyway, I will have him again tonight while his mom and dad attend a graduation party and this will be the first time I have ever kept him overnight. :worried

I am still plugging away at school work but hoping to find some time to do a little :hook tonight too.

Have a great evening everyone and :hug :hug :hug to go around.

Hey gang! Great to catch up with you all... Just popping in real quick to say :hi and wish you all a fantastic Sunday!!

Dmitri had his first ball game today - he's in what's called T-ball, but they don't use a T, the coaches pitch to the kids. So I'm confused, but that's okay, this is my first foray into summer ball so I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up as we go along this month... :lol Anyway, for this age group (5-7) they play 4 innings, all the kids get to bat, and they don't keep track of outs or runs. The winners are the kids that participate - which I think is a great way to teach the little ones the basics. I really enjoyed watching the game, and the coach from the "opposing" team was helping our players, and vice-versa. We were all cheering for the kids - if they did a good job, we said so - and it didn't matter if they were wearing the black t-shirts (our team) or the green t-shirts (their team). :D

I am working on a scarf using a skein of moonlight mohair and a skein of the ladder-ribbon type yarn. It's turning out really pretty! That is for an as-yet-undetermined person. I am also working on a shrug for my son's ex-girlfriend. I'm using stash yarn (RHSS in Hunter Green) and this bright green eye-lash type yarn. Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as getting all this yarn used up... It's tragic, of course... :wink:rofl

Okay, I think that brings me sort of up to date! :hug

I hope all your activities have gone well this weekend!!

Good morning!

Kuddles- Glad to hear you are moved in!:)

Christie- Oh, so sorry you had to miss your DD's graduation. Hope your GS is starting to feel better and that you didn't have too rough of a night with him sleeping over!

Melani- Sounds like fun watching the little ones learn the game. You'll have to post a pic of the scarf with the mohair like yarn and ribbon yarn. It sounds very pretty!!!

Well, my Devils lost last night- another game that went to overtime!!!:eek So both games were lost 2-1.:( It's going to be very tough for them to have to win 4 games, so although I will keep rooting for them, I believe that the Kings will be the Stanley Cup Champs :(

Good morning(?) everyone! Just finished my WWII History test and thought I would pop in for a minute before working on my research paper. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Mine is going to be spent on school work so that maybe I can get a little hooking time in tomorrow. I will need it in order to relax because Tuesday morning I have to go in and have a uterine biopsy and I am very frightened. :worried

Joanne, things were good with my gs last night. He was feeling much better and my oldest dd helped out. I just took the little one home a few minutes ago. His mom and dad did a tad to much drinking last night and had just woken up. :sigh

Kuddles, good luck with the unpacking. :yuck

:hug :hug :hug to all and have a GREAT day!!!

Mama K--hope the unpacking goes quickly

Christie-- good luck and prayers for a good biopsy report

Ann -- hope you're resting well and feeling lots better

Joanne--great projects. I made the stash basket and love mine

Sue--hope you have some relaxing time during your weekend

I haven't been able to crochet since thur night--stitches in finger--and I'm starting to have serious withdrawal symptoms.

Hugs to all & hope you have a good week

Good morning and welcome to Monday!

Sue- Enjoy your day off!

Kuddles- Did you get the stuff unpacked that needed to get unpacked? How does Baby K like sleeping in her new room?

Mona- Hope your finger heals quickly!!! I do like the Stash Basket and will probably make another one!

Christie, Sherry, tonya, Melanie, Melani, Ann and EVERYONE--sending good thoughts your way!!!

Archived