crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good Morning all! We've had both GS since Thursday night--they don't want to go home! Will be taking the oldest to his karate lesson tonight and then they will go home.

This is the week I say goodbye to my boss and get a new one. Not sure when the new one will be moving his office things in, but probably Wednesday. Will really miss current boss, he's been so good to work with.

Mama K - hope things are going well at your new house and your work.

Joanne - hope you have a good day today!

Christie - will be thinking of you.

Mona - hope your finger heals quickly!

Sue - hope your day goes well!

Well, I'd gotta go and start getting everyone ready! Have a great Monday! Hugs to all!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all! Missed you guys!

A lot of 'stuff' is put away, most really, but it will take time of course to get things organized again and I'm sure I'll redo some things. Biggest thing: the craft closet (used to be the craft room) - all tubs etc were simply shoved into a large closet! I have no idea where anything is! It will takes me weeks to get in there and figure it out! Oh well.....right now I'm sitting near the balcony of the condo, door open and listening to birds singing....and no other noises! Very peaceful here!

Got to get Baby K moving: her last full day of school today! Tomorrow, half, and Wed 2 hours then she and I have 1 full week off together to enjoy our new digs!

Love to all and thanks so much for all the well wishes!

Mama K

:hi

I got the scarf finished! :yay

It measures about 4" wide and 45" long (not including the fringe - the fringe is 7" long on each end)

I used a Q hook (as that's what the pattern called for...)

This is the pattern I used (because it called for the yarn I had! :lol) I used Glacier Ice for the moonlight mohair and rainbow for the trellis...

Anyhow - here it is, outside in natural light:

post-25611-135897762813_thumb.jpg

Here it is, inside on a black blanket, using the camera's flash:

post-25611-135897762818_thumb.jpg

And here's a close-up of the two yarns together... :D

post-25611-135897762821_thumb.jpg

I think the black really looks good with it - the yarn is just a bit scratchy (to me) but if it were worn with a turtleneck or something (under the collar of a jacket, etc) I think it would look fabulous! Of course, I have no idea who I'm going to give it to yet... :think I'm thinking it may end up being a Christmas present (I don't believe I've EVER had a Christmas present ready in June before!! :eek)

Have a great day, all!! :hug

Melani, nice scarf!

Thanks again for all the caring about the move! We are settled .... for now...except my craft closet! Yikes, can't get to anything! I'm having withdrawals! Soon...

Love to all!

Mama K

Hi All! Quick stop in. Yes, I'm still taking it easy. Geesh, you'd think I'd be rested already! :lol One of these days I'll get some pep back! That's what I have to believe at least! :)

Christie, hugs and positive thoughts for you!

Mama K, WOOT, you'll all moved in! :cheer

Melanie, I love the scarf!

Sherry, hope your new boss is good to work with. :hug

Mona, I don't know what you did to your finger, but I hope it feels better soon. :hug

Joanne, sorry about your Devils...:hug

Sue, hope your having a good day!

Hugs to all! :hug

Good morning(?) everyone! Just finished my WWII History test and thought I would pop in for a minute before working on my research paper. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Mine is going to be spent on school work so that maybe I can get a little hooking time in tomorrow. I will need it in order to relax because Tuesday morning I have to go in and have a uterine biopsy and I am very frightened. :worried

:hug :hug :hug to all and have a GREAT day!!!

sending you good thoughts for your biopsy hun I have had it done 3 times in the last year so I do know how nerve racking they can be :hug:hug:hug

Hello all! Missed you guys!

A lot of 'stuff' is put away, most really, but it will take time of course to get things organized again and I'm sure I'll redo some things. Biggest thing: the craft closet (used to be the craft room) - all tubs etc were simply shoved into a large closet! I have no idea where anything is! It will takes me weeks to get in there and figure it out! Oh well.....right now I'm sitting near the balcony of the condo, door open and listening to birds singing....and no other noises! Very peaceful here!

Got to get Baby K moving: her last full day of school today! Tomorrow, half, and Wed 2 hours then she and I have 1 full week off together to enjoy our new digs!

Love to all and thanks so much for all the well wishes!

Mama K

congrats on the worst of the big move being over :hug:hug:hug

:hi

I got the scarf finished! :yay

It measures about 4" wide and 45" long (not including the fringe - the fringe is 7" long on each end)

I used a Q hook (as that's what the pattern called for...)

This is the pattern I used (because it called for the yarn I had! :lol) I used Glacier Ice for the moonlight mohair and rainbow for the trellis...

Anyhow - here it is, outside in natural light:

[ATTACH]56097[/ATTACH]

Here it is, inside on a black blanket, using the camera's flash:

[ATTACH]56098[/ATTACH]

And here's a close-up of the two yarns together... :D

[ATTACH]56099[/ATTACH]

I think the black really looks good with it - the yarn is just a bit scratchy (to me) but if it were worn with a turtleneck or something (under the collar of a jacket, etc) I think it would look fabulous! Of course, I have no idea who I'm going to give it to yet... :think I'm thinking it may end up being a Christmas present (I don't believe I've EVER had a Christmas present ready in June before!! :eek)

Have a great day, all!! :hug

nice scarf!:hook

Mona hope your finger is healing well

as for me well just scraping by really barely got out of bed and haven't left the house in a week or talked to anyone. still no hooking:(

:hug:hug:hug to you all

Melani - cute scarf! It will be December before we know it--at least you have 1 Christmas present done!

Mama K - I understand about the moving--some of my craft stuff is still in boxes, as we still have boxes in my "craft" room.

No GS tonight, I made them go home to mommy. They will be here again tomorrow night as DD works late. Little one is sooooo excited. They have splash day (they play in the garden area in sprinklers) on Wednesdays--he just can't understand tomorrow is NOT splash day. This week is the first splash day--every day for the last week is been "tomorrow is splash day".

Hope you all have a great evening!

HI all,

I had a good time at craft club last night- it's just what I needed and so glad that I went. It was fun to see everyone again!

Love the scarf, Melanie!!!

My Devils lost yet again, so it's next to impossible for them to win the Stanley Cup- they would have to win the remaining four games. My gut tells me the Kings will sweep and it'll be over Wed night. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted and they sure did better than I ever thought they would!

Have a good day- I've got a super busy one on tap---is it 5:00 yet? LOL

Good morning ladies!

Hugs Melanie!

Sherry, I can't stand not having my yarn where I can get it! However, I'm still busy here in the new place so.....

Joanne, hope your day goes by quickly!

To everyone, have a great day!

Mama K

The week from heck is over. Today is the first day in weeks Bruce and I have off together. He needs new shoes so we'll go shopping then out to lunch to celebrate our anniversary (which isn't until Sat, but we both work so we won't see eachother except for an hour in the morning and an hour at night). Yesterday I alternated between crocheting for an hour then reading my homework for an hour. Let's just say the reading isn't finished, but the crocheting is! :lol

Love the scarf Melani!

Ann, get rested up soon! :hug

Joanne, sorry they look like they won't win. :(

Mama, glad you're getting settled. :cheer

Sherry, I hope you enjoyed you evening with out the gs. :)

Melanie, get outside. Face the world. Conquer it!

:hug to all!

:turtle:vheart

Hi all,

Busy day and didn't get home till 7- this is getting old really quick! :(

Sue- Hope you had an enjoyable day off with Bruce and that he got shoes he liked and that you had an awesome lunch together to celebrate you anniversary!:manyheart

Kuddles- It'll be nice when everything is in its place- all in good time. So how did Baby K's last full day of school go ?

So glad that tomorrow is another fun day to look forward to - NOT!!!:lol

Going to start some scrap granny squares tonight- I do like mindless crocheting:hook

Hi again Everyone! I'm here two days in a row, I must be on the mend! :lol I'm feeling the need to make a SBT so I'd better get some energy! :hook Take care everyone and I'll try to stop by tomorrow too! :lol:hug

as for me well just scraping by really barely got out of bed and haven't left the house in a week or talked to anyone. still no hooking:(

:hug:hug:hug to you all

:hug:hug:hug

No GS tonight, I made them go home to mommy. They will be here again tomorrow night as DD works late. Little one is sooooo excited. They have splash day (they play in the garden area in sprinklers) on Wednesdays--he just can't understand tomorrow is NOT splash day. This week is the first splash day--every day for the last week is been "tomorrow is splash day".

Hope you all have a great evening!

Is it "splash day" yet ? :lol So cute, I love the enthusiasm little ones have!

HI all,

I had a good time at craft club last night- it's just what I needed and so glad that I went. It was fun to see everyone again!

My Devils lost yet again, so it's next to impossible for them to win the Stanley Cup- they would have to win the remaining four games. My gut tells me the Kings will sweep and it'll be over Wed night. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted and they sure did better than I ever thought they would!

Glad craft club was fun!!!

Good morning ladies!

Hugs Melanie!

Sherry, I can't stand not having my yarn where I can get it! However, I'm still busy here in the new place so.....

Joanne, hope your day goes by quickly!

To everyone, have a great day!

Mama K

Umm, if you can't find your yarn, maybe you'll just have to go yarn shopping...:devil

The week from heck is over. Today is the first day in weeks Bruce and I have off together. He needs new shoes so we'll go shopping then out to lunch to celebrate our anniversary (which isn't until Sat, but we both work so we won't see eachother except for an hour in the morning and an hour at night). Yesterday I alternated between crocheting for an hour then reading my homework for an hour. Let's just say the reading isn't finished, but the crocheting is! :lol

Glad the week from heck is over and you had some time with Bruce! Wishing you an early Happy Anniversary!!! Andy and I just celebrated ours on Sunday! It was a work day for him, so he slept most of the day (he works nights, lol!). What an exciting life we have! :lol

Hi all,

So glad that tomorrow is another fun day to look forward to - NOT!!!:lol

Going to start some scrap granny squares tonight- I do like mindless crocheting:hook

Have a nice, relaxing time crocheting! :hug

HI all,

glad you had fun at craft club...sorry your Devils are not doing well

Love the scarf Melani!

Ann, get rested up soon! :hug

Joanne, sorry they look like they won't win. :(

Mama, glad you're getting settled. :cheer

Sherry, I hope you enjoyed you evening with out the gs. :)

Melanie, get outside. Face the world. Conquer it!

happy Anniversary!:cheerI got out today went to group therapy also talked to my baby bro and he wants me to move up where he is so I am seriously considering it

Hi again Everyone! I'm here two days in a row, I must be on the mend! :lol I'm feeling the need to make a SBT so I'd better get some energy! :hook Take care everyone and I'll try to stop by tomorrow too! :lol:hug

:hug:hug:hug

Is it "splash day" yet ? :lol So cute, I love the enthusiasm little ones have!

Glad craft club was fun!!!

Umm, if you can't find your yarn, maybe you'll just have to go yarn shopping...:devil

I agree maybe you should hahaha:devil

Glad the week from heck is over and you had some time with Bruce! Wishing you an early Happy Anniversary!!! Andy and I just celebrated ours on Sunday! It was a work day for him, so he slept most of the day (he works nights, lol!). What an exciting life we have! :lol

Have a nice, relaxing time crocheting! :hug

well my tummy is all cramped and in knots must be something I ate... maybe too much dairy? I had a mocha latte today

thank you all for the hugs and encouragement to get out and get through this rough patch:hug:hug:hug

Hello everyone! Thanks to all of you for your well wishes! Just checking in for a moment because I am absolutely exhausted and rather sore. Doctor tried to do my biopsy in his office today, but I was in to much pain so he gave up and has scheduled me to have it done as an outpatient surgery at the hospital Monday morning. This way he can put me to sleep and I won't have so much pain. I'm more than a little nervous about them putting me to sleep though. I plan to spend my evening crocheting (a plastic grocery bag holder dh wants for our new kitchen) and trying not to think about it. :hook

Melani, beautiful scarf! :D

Sue, Happy (early) Anniversary to you and Bruce. Hope y'all have enjoyed your evening together. :hug

Kuddles, so glad you got moved and are getting settled. It's a shame about your yarn closet. Guess since you can't find your stuff you will have to visit a few yarn stores. :devil

Joanne, hope you get lots of mindless crocheting done this evening! :hug

Ann, praying you continue to gain energy and are crocheting that SBT very soon! :hug

Everyone else, hope you are doing well and having a fabulous Tuesday! :ghug

Hello everyone! Thanks to all of you for your well wishes! Just checking in for a moment because I am absolutely exhausted and rather sore. Doctor tried to do my biopsy in his office today, but I was in to much pain so he gave up and has scheduled me to have it done as an outpatient surgery at the hospital Monday morning. This way he can put me to sleep and I won't have so much pain. I'm more than a little nervous about them putting me to sleep though. I plan to spend my evening crocheting (a plastic grocery bag holder dh wants for our new kitchen) and trying not to think about it. :hook

Melani, beautiful scarf! :D

Sue, Happy (early) Anniversary to you and Bruce. Hope y'all have enjoyed your evening together. :hug

Kuddles, so glad you got moved and are getting settled. It's a shame about your yarn closet. Guess since you can't find your stuff you will have to visit a few yarn stores. :devil

Joanne, hope you get lots of mindless crocheting done this evening! :hug

Ann, praying you continue to gain energy and are crocheting that SBT very soon! :hug

Everyone else, hope you are doing well and having a fabulous Tuesday! :ghug

my biopsies were done in day surgery also its easy peasy i had no pain after either :hug:hug:hugit was a good thing that i had it done tho as I had severe endometrial hyperplasia(sp)

Good morning!

Christie- Positive thoughts that all WILL go well on Monday- Crocheting is a great way to relieve some stress!

I did a row on the ripple and then decided that what I needed more than anything was some sleep so i went to bed at 9:30---feel much better now and ready to tackle another day in Paradise!

Make it a good day!

Good morning!

Joanne, thanks, Baby K is over the moon that now, today, she goes for 2 hours then is off with me (vaca days) for a week! Woot! We'll have some fun before I go back to work and she goes to summer camp.

And uh, those of you that suggested that I simply don't worry about the closet where the yarn is packed away and just go buy some yarn.....well....uh.....I did! I am bad and must be punished! Any ideas of what my punishment should be??

Hugs to all you that are feeling poorly! An extra hug to you Christie on your procedure for Monday!

Well better get ready for work! I only work 1.5 hours, pick up Baby K, take her to lunch and a vision appt (for school) then fun fun FUN! Don't know what we will be doing, but who cares!

Love to all!

Mama K

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had lunch at Red Lobster and I have to say it was the best meal out we've had in a long time. :)

Christie, good luck with the biopsy. :hug

Mama, you know what I'd say your punishment is. :lol

Joanne, happy hump day! :cheer

Hi all,

I don't know about "real quick" - this is June after all, and I haven't really heard you complain about it too awfully much... :hug

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had lunch at Red Lobster and I have to say it was the best meal out we've had in a long time. :)

Mama, you know what I'd say your punishment is. :lol

Glad to hear lunch was great! Love it when that happens!

Not sure which punishment you are thinking of since you are :devil!

Love from Mama K

Howdy Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

:ghug

Crocheting is a great way to relieve some stress! Sending prayers for Monday. :hug

Good morning!

Joanne, thanks, Baby K is over the moon that now, today, she goes for 2 hours then is off with me (vaca days) for a week! Woot! We'll have some fun before I go back to work and she goes to summer camp.

And uh, those of you that suggested that I simply don't worry about the closet where the yarn is packed away and just go buy some yarn.....well....uh.....I did! I am bad and must be punished! Any ideas of what my punishment should be??

Hugs to all you that are feeling poorly! An extra hug to you Christie on your procedure for Monday!

Well better get ready for work! I only work 1.5 hours, pick up Baby K, take her to lunch and a vision appt (for school) then fun fun FUN! Don't know what we will be doing, but who cares!

Love to all!

Mama K

Woot for vaca!!! And, Uhh, well, I say your banished to your favorite chair for a minimum of, hmmm, 1 day to crochet the day away! :hook You have to use up some of that yarn you know! :devil

Glad you had a great time going out to eat!

Howdy Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Woot for vaca!!! And, Uhh, well, I say your banished to your favorite chair for a minimum of, hmmm, 1 day to crochet the day away! :hook You have to use up some of that yarn you know! :devil

Now THAT is what I call a good punishment! Woot!

Mama K

Mama K - glad you went and got some more yarn!! I'd say "sit in the corner and crochet" :lol

Joanne - sorry about the Devils loss. DH is taping the Thunder game--if they win this one, they are in the finals--not sure I can watch it if it's as close as the last game! Thunder Up!!!

Sue - glad you had a great anniversary meal!! It's too bad you have to work on your anniversary.

Melani - hope things are going well for you.

Ann - hope you're feeling better too!

Well today was splash day for littlest GS. They were out in the garden playing away, and I heard thunder. Went out with one of the other teachers to help get them in before it began to rain. None of them wanted to come in but we got them in just in time. It really rained hard! Now he's not feeling too good--he's got a temp of 101.4. He's home with mommy and hopefully will feel better in the morning.

My new boss is here now. Supposed to have lunch with him and the choir director tomorrow and discuss things. Hopefully it will go well and we'll all get along.

Well, it's quiet here and I"m going to go and get my neglected crocheting out and work on my jacket. Have a wonderful evening all. Hugs to all that need them!

Archived