crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Kuddles-

WOOT for being settled in!!! Glad to hear it!! We're supposed to have more comfortable weather starting tomorrow- today was another scorcher!!! DD said it was pretty hot up in Boston too!!!

Sherry- GO THUNDER!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couldnt sleep so i got up at 430am and started cutting squares for rag blankets. I always get restless on this day. 10 years ago my niece sam passed away from congenital heart disease she had 3rd degree heart block when she was born. the pacemaker that was specially made for her tiny 5lbs couldnt make up for the damage done. I was the first to find out and will forever be haunted by the sound of my sisters voice and the sobs of her husband. Sam was the reason I decided to become a nurse, watching the nurses care for her and be so sweet to my sister. and she is my inspiration to donate to Nicu's. if you guys could say a prayer or send some good thoughts my sister and BIL's way I would appreciate it. May and June are always so hard on them I wish I could take the pain away just once.:(

couldnt sleep so i got up at 430am and started cutting squares for rag blankets. I always get restless on this day. 10 years ago my niece sam passed away from congenital heart disease she had 3rd degree heart block when she was born. the pacemaker that was specially made for her tiny 5lbs couldnt make up for the damage done. I was the first to find out and will forever be haunted by the sound of my sisters voice and the sobs of her husband. Sam was the reason I decided to become a nurse, watching the nurses care for her and be so sweet to my sister. and she is my inspiration to donate to Nicu's. if you guys could say a prayer or send some good thoughts my sister and BIL's way I would appreciate it. May and June are always so hard on them I wish I could take the pain away just once.:(

Prayers and hugs for all of you! :hug

Morning to all!

Of course you can have some prayers Tonya! As many as you and your family needs!

Joanne, thanks! I need to get busy doing more crocheting.....oh well. I hope your heat goes away, ours did and now just the lower 80s and feels like heaven after all those 97 degree days!

Tomorrow, getting a babysitter and me and a friend are going to a Fiber show in a northern Chicago burb...so excited! They will have people that have alpacas and make their own yarn! What the what!? I hope to snag a few skeins of hand died yarn just cause......

TGIF!

Have a super day all!

Mama K

Good Morning all! Had a busy day yesterday, had to attend a meeting so I was late getting home.

Tonya - prayers said for you and your family.

Mama K - enjoy your day tomorrow--buying more yarn WOOT!!!

Joanne - Hope your Friday goes weel!

Well, the Thunder lost but they didn't quit trying. Considering that they've only been here a short time, they've done really well. Going to the finals is awesome even if you don't win.

Well got to get busy and get ready for the day. Oldest GS will test for his gold belt tonight--pretested last week and they said he was ready. So excited for him--hoping it goes well for him tonight.

Hugs to all!

Sherry- Good luck to GS tonight on his Gold Belt Test!! Thunder did great considering how young they are. Sorry to see them lose (and more sorry to see the Heat win)

Kuddles- Your day tomorrow sounds AWESOME!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!

I left work ON TIME tonight for a change!! WOOT!!!!! Looks like it's going to storm out there- and hopefully this will end the oppressive heat!!!!

Good morning, Happy Saturday!

Have a blast today Kuddles- can't wait to hear all about it!

Sue- Positive thoughts for Monkey!!! Hugs, my friend!!!

Off to do my weekly cleaning lady gig- LOL

well I have done about nothing this week. yesterday torin had a robotics competition it is with the FIRST program that is a nation wide program. his team is placed 9th as of last night out of the 52 teams that were there yesterday. its an all day event today I am hoping they can move up more they have done amazing so far for being such a small team. so i will be taking a small project to work on while his team is not competing.

Kuddles have fun today I would love to go to a fiber fair sometime.

Sue, hope monkey is doing ok. im keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Joanne have a great weekend.

thanks everyone for the prayers,thoughts you guys are the best :hug

hope everyone has a great weekend.

Good Morning! GS will get his gold belt this morning!!!! He did great!!! Really proud of him. Hopefully I can get some pictures of his being given his belt.

Mama K - have fun today!

Sue - hope things are going well with the new puppy.

Joanne - thanks for rooting for the Thunder. Hopefully we'll do better next year. There were almost 5000 at the airport to welcome them back.

Well, I'd better go and get breakfast ready! Have a great day everyone!

Here's a pic of GS wearing his new gold belt. He is holding a blowgun. He will be in a tournament next Friday and I felt he should have his own blowgun instead of sharing one with everyone else, so we bought one.

Will be doing a scrapbook for him with pictures of his karate classes and being awarded his stripes and his certificates and tests. He tells me he wants to be a black belt and teach karate and be an artist! So I hope to have a memory book for him to see all that he's done.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Hugs to all who need them!

post-27829-135897765608_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of GS wearing his new gold belt. He is holding a blowgun. He will be in a tournament next Friday and I felt he should have his own blowgun instead of sharing one with everyone else, so we bought one.

Will be doing a scrapbook for him with pictures of his karate classes and being awarded his stripes and his certificates and tests. He tells me he wants to be a black belt and teach karate and be an artist! So I hope to have a memory book for him to see all that he's done.

Adorable - and what and accomplishment! :cheer

Morning to all!

Tomorrow, getting a babysitter and me and a friend are going to a Fiber show in a northern Chicago burb...so excited! They will have people that have alpacas and make their own yarn! What the what!? I hope to snag a few skeins of hand died yarn just cause......

TGIF!

Have a super day all!

Mama K

sounds like you will be having a great day!

Good Morning! GS will get his gold belt this morning!!!! He did great!!! Really proud of him. Hopefully I can get some pictures of his being given his belt.

Well, I'd better go and get breakfast ready! Have a great day everyone!

Congrats to your GS!

What a great gift for your GS! memory books are great!

hello everyone

hugs and well wishes to all

the apartment search is on. I was able to see one property however the ad I saw was an old one and the rent was higher than in the ad.. the rep did check on other properties they hold and there is another one available in my range but its on the third floor and no elevator so not sure if I can manage that on shopping days especially... so something to think about while i look around some more

I still have not crocheted a thing:( I'm in a rut

can't wait to hear about your day mama k

:hug:hug:hug to everyone

Hi Everyone! I've been thinking of you all. I've just been laying low and watching tv, playing games and sleeping a LOT! LOL! I had the port surgery on Wed and it went well. Hurray! My little 2yr old gd, Jillybean, had her tonsils out Friday. It's been the week of surgeries here! She's doing great. Little ones sure bounce back quickly! I haven't started that SBT yet, but I have started a scarf! (nice simple project, lol). Well, I think I'm going to try to go back to bed now. Hopefully I'll get some sleep this time. Hugs and prayers to all that need them!:hug:hug:hug

Good morning all!

Ann, so good to hear from you! Sending hugs your way!

Melanie/Tonya/Melanie/Joanne/everyone: the fair was so fun! Spent two hours, stopped at every single booth! Bought just a few little things cause most of them raise their own alpacas/sheep and make their yarn from it! VERY expensive but I understand why! Saw people spinning! So interesting! Had a great time!

Busy today, everyone have a great day!

Love from Mama K

i finished the purse for the swap here on the ville; started Inga's bag last nite, as well as a beach bag from Ravelry and have another granny bag pattern waiting for me to start it.

Ya im in a bag mood LOL and I think there is another I was copying from one I got in a swap for myself.

Hugs, Laurel

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Ann- I was wondering how everything went. Hope Jillybean is back to herself in no time!

Kuddles- sounds like a FUN time. The LYS that recently opened about 1/2 hour away has spinning classes- and for their grand opening had some alpacas from a local alpaca farm. So cool. I'm so tempted to try a class- but will wait until the craziness of this work project is over. It would be something to fun to try.

I started another Granny stripe afghan last night- in between Queen Ann's lace scarves. I also want to start another Stash buster tote- which I may do on vacation. One more week of work, then off for a week. WOOT. Still no definite plans yet- (why should we plan anything? LOL) but as far as I'm concerned if I have a week of NOT going to work, that is a vacation in and of itself. I'm content to take some day trips to the beach- thinking of maybe an overnighter in Cape May which is a nice old Victorian town at the tip of NJ - you can even take a ferry from there to Maryland which may be fun. We'll see.

Sue- thinking of you and Monkey

Sherry- Congrats to your GS- he looks so proud!!!!

Laurel-

Love those bags that you are making- and thanks for the link to the Granny one.

Getting old is for the birds!

Proof: so today was going to finally sew, a purse for myself, finally had an hour to myself....so excited.....discovered I threw away the power cord to my machine in the move! I even remember seeing the cord and thinking what is this for, oh well, I'll pitch it!

Sigh......just ordered one online. But good grief!

Mama K whose head is down, with one tear trickling down my cheek

Don't cry Mama K! The new cord is on the way to you and soon you will be up and sewing! I'm sure we have all tossed something we really needed.

Hugs, Laurel

Good morning all!

Ann, so good to hear from you! Sending hugs your way!

Melanie/Tonya/Melanie/Joanne/everyone: the fair was so fun! Spent two hours, stopped at every single booth! Bought just a few little things cause most of them raise their own alpacas/sheep and make their yarn from it! VERY expensive but I understand why! Saw people spinning! So interesting! Had a great time!

Busy today, everyone have a great day!

Love from Mama K

The fair sounds awesome!!! I would love to see people spinning!

i finished the purse for the swap here on the ville; started Inga's bag last nite, as well as a beach bag from Ravelry and have another granny bag pattern waiting for me to start it.

Ya im in a bag mood LOL and I think there is another I was copying from one I got in a swap for myself.

Hugs, Laurel

Love the bags!!! I now have more patterns added to my pile to do! :lol

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Ann- I was wondering how everything went. Hope Jillybean is back to herself in no time!

Kuddles- sounds like a FUN time. The LYS that recently opened about 1/2 hour away has spinning classes- and for their grand opening had some alpacas from a local alpaca farm. So cool. I'm so tempted to try a class- but will wait until the craziness of this work project is over. It would be something to fun to try.

I started another Granny stripe afghan last night- in between Queen Ann's lace scarves. I also want to start another Stash buster tote- which I may do on vacation. One more week of work, then off for a week. WOOT. Still no definite plans yet- (why should we plan anything? LOL) but as far as I'm concerned if I have a week of NOT going to work, that is a vacation in and of itself. I'm content to take some day trips to the beach- thinking of maybe an overnighter in Cape May which is a nice old Victorian town at the tip of NJ - you can even take a ferry from there to Maryland which may be fun. We'll see.

Thanks Joanne! Jillybean is having a rough day today, but hopefully she'll be doing better after some rest. I think it's just the meds working their way out of her system. She hasn't been sleeping her normal routine since the surgery. That plus all the sugar from the popscicles, lol!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation! Like you said, even if you don't go anywhere, just not having to go into work is a vaca! :cheer

Getting old is for the birds!

Proof: so today was going to finally sew, a purse for myself, finally had an hour to myself....so excited.....discovered I threw away the power cord to my machine in the move! I even remember seeing the cord and thinking what is this for, oh well, I'll pitch it!

Sigh......just ordered one online. But good grief!

Mama K whose head is down, with one tear trickling down my cheek

:hug:hug:hug

I got NEWS today.......Kendra had her ultrasound and..............................It's a BOY.:cheer:cheer:cheer she refuses to say the name yet, but now I know what I can buy lol and crochet. I am so excited.

Archived