crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Been a very busy weekend! Did a lot of things for DH for Father's Day--cooked his favorite meal (chicken fried steak, homemade mashed potatoes and corn), then we went swimming--oldes GS is a fish, little one was afraid of the water but by the time we got ready to leave he was doggie paddling all over the place (he had a life jacket on) and jumping off the ladder to PaPa. Then we went to POPS, they have 2,000 different kinds of soda--I'm not kidding. So we each picked out a favorite then came home--now we're watching the Thunder Roll!!!

Did finally get started on the thread that I won in the giveaway--took me 5 times to get it right but I'm finally getting some headway on it.

Hugs to all who need them!! Hope you had a great weekend!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Sherry- Tough loss by the OKC Thunder! That was a bad 4th foul call on Durant by the ref Crawford- I actually read an article this morning that called it a 'phantom call' Also, the coach shouldn't have benched Westbrook in the 3rd Quarter when the Thunder had momentum...On to Tuesday for Game 5~

sound like you had a great day yesterday otherwise!!!

Had a nice relaxing day yesterday- Took DH to breakfast and then down to the beach for a bit. Came home, watched the Yankees, cooked him a surf&turf dinner (steak and shrimp) and then went over to DD's to go for a nice loooong walk!!! Wonderful weekend......and now it's back to the grind!

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning!

Joanne, what is that strange language you are using? "foul"....."coach"...."benched" .... what world are you from? (Mama K does not = sports at all, LOL)

Sherry, we'll want pictures when you are done!

Hugs to all.....like Joanne, good weekend but now back to 'it'. My boss and I go to our new work location (uh in the trailer) to see the new setup before we move over permanently in two weeks!

Love to all!

Mama K

Joanne - It was a nail-bitter. I agree Westbrook should have not been benched, and there were a lot of calls that should have been made that weren't and those that were questionable. Yep, on to Tuesday night's game--Thunder Roll!

Mama K - I never played sports but I watched them with DH for years, so I know all the rules and most of the fouls.

Have been to work once already this morning to unlock the building--grrrrrr. The teacher (that unlocks the building) couldn't find her key. Since I live 1 1/2 miles from work, the director called me to see if I could open it. At least I get an early cup of coffee this way.

Hope you all have a great Monday!! Hugs to all that need them.

:hi everyone!

I'm glad to hear everyone had a nice weekend ~ we did, too! Yesterday we finally got some much-needed rain (although probably not enough) so hopefully the grass will get just a little greener now. (It's pretty brown out there right now)

My sister-in-law and good friend Tamie stopped by today - she had discovered a lump a year ago, and finally got it checked out, and it is cancer. If you wouldn't mind, I'm sure she could use a few extra prayers as she deals with the terror that accompanies this diagnosis. She's still in the very beginning of the discovery, appointments with a whole bunch of new doctors, new lingo she has to learn, and the fact that she lost her mother to cancer is probably not helping. Her mother was pretty young, I think she died when Tamie was 18 or so (if memory serves) and Tamie is 48 now... I never knew her mom...

Anyhow - on to happier subjects! I made a scarf yesterday using eyelash yarn. I discovered that while it isn't the most fun (or easiest) to use, it isn't so bad if you take your time and pay attention to what you're doing. :lol And the finished product is very cute! I promise to get photos taken soon. I also have another scarf done and a hat to match that my daughter has already asked for. :D

Well, I better get ready - I need to go to the store today and we have reading club and Arielle has softball practice this evening... Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!!! :hug

Hmmm looks like ocean...and... turqa or something like that :lol:lol:lol

Yup those are the colors I used :lol

My sister-in-law and good friend Tamie stopped by today - she had discovered a lump a year ago, and finally got it checked out, and it is cancer. If you wouldn't mind, I'm sure she could use a few extra prayers as she deals with the terror that accompanies this diagnosis. She's still in the very beginning of the discovery, appointments with a whole bunch of new doctors, new lingo she has to learn, and the fact that she lost her mother to cancer is probably not helping. Her mother was pretty young, I think she died when Tamie was 18 or so (if memory serves) and Tamie is 48 now... I never knew her mom...

Anyhow - on to happier subjects! I made a scarf yesterday using eyelash yarn. I discovered that while it isn't the most fun (or easiest) to use, it isn't so bad if you take your time and pay attention to what you're doing. :lol And the finished product is very cute! I promise to get photos taken soon. I also have another scarf done and a hat to match that my daughter has already asked for. :D

Prayers are being sent her way :hug Oh and I can't wait to see the pictures of the scarf.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. My weekend was good. On Saturday I got the yarn I needed and it was on sale at Joann's. I didn't end y up with any extra yarn (which was incredibly difficult with all the sales) but I did get a clover hook to try becaus it was half off. Haven't actually started the scarf yet but I did try out the pattern.

It is going up to 111 degrees today so I am glad that I am in an air conditioned house most of the day watching my niece. Anyways, just wanted to check in and say hi :)

Yup those are the colors I used :lol

I made one with the same color combo and it has been one of my favorite ones I've done! And so thought my friend I gave it to!

Try ocean with other colors, even if you don't think they might go together. That might be able to be said of most any variegated, but that one I've used with lots of different colors and it's worked beautifully every time!

111???? I'm whining because it won't get much above 70..I want 80...not being picky or anything. But, I think I will stick with 70 and a jacket because of the wind instead of 111

I made one with the same color combo and it has been one of my favorite ones I've done! And so thought my friend I gave it to!

Try ocean with other colors, even if you don't think they might go together. That might be able to be said of most any variegated, but that one I've used with lots of different colors and it's worked beautifully every time!

111???? I'm whining because it won't get much above 70..I want 80...not being picky or anything. But, I think I will stick with 70 and a jacket because of the wind instead of 111

I'm going have to try it with something else now, maybe as a reward for after I begin my scarf.

And yea, 111 is pretty hot but honestly it doesn't really faze me anymore. Although sometimes when my house gets warmer it gets difficult to want to crochet lol

hello all!

Melani best wishes and hugs to your friend

well today i had an early appointment then killed time at the mall before going to my group however 30 minutes in group I had to go to the ER(fortunately group is on hospital property) as I was light headed, vision was off, foggy, blurry and could only see things right in front of me, my brain felt like it was burning and all the bones on the right of my face hurt and my temple felt like it would explode, I was shaky and weak.so got to ER at 2 didn't get home til 9pm! had blood work and CT scan both were fine so had 2 shots and still my head hurt just not as much Dr believes it was just a migraine sent me home with a few morphine for when it happens again or comes back once the shots wear off and god all i had was 1 piece of toast at 8 am this morning so just had a bite to eat when i got home. think i will be crashing anytime now tho i am feeling the burning sensation coming on again already. you know the burning in your sinuses when you have allergies or a sinus infection its like that but 100x worse

Happy stitching :crocheting

Melani- Prayers and positive thoughts for your friend Tamie!!

Melanie- Oh, I hope that the migraine or whatever it was eases up. Try and get some rest!

Had a good night at craft club last evening- a welcome relief and fun after work!!

Today is back-to-back meetings all afternoon. I don't know how they think anything can get done when so much time is spent in meetings!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Sherry- Go Thunder!!!

:wooI have 6 of the next 7 days off work. time to get my crochet and sewing on. I also have 2 weeks until i leave to spend a week or so down in NC with Kendra and hopefully by then she will know what she is having. I think she is going for one of the 4-d ultrasounds this week.

Hope everyone has a great day

Thank you ladies for the warm wishes!

Sue - good to hear from you!

Tonya - :yay (not too much else can be said, right? :lol)

Melanie - hope you're feeling much better very soon - and good thing you were on hospital grounds!

Everyone else - :hug Good to hear from you all!

Sorry I have been missing for a few days. My internet is out (will be back on tomorrow morning) and I am at my mom's house using hers at the moment. I can't read through everything right now, but promise to look over all I have missed tomorrow. In the meantime :hug :hug :hug to all of you!

A quick follow-up on my situation for those who might have been wondering. I am going back in for a complete hysterectomy a week from tomorrow. The biopsy showed no cancer, but there were fibroid tumors and polyps that were all growing so they are going to do the surgery anyway. Not really looking forward to it, but I know it will be for the best in the end.

Again, many hugs and I will talk to all of you soon! I have lots of projects I have been working on to share pics of too! :hook

Christie - will be praying for you. Glad there is no cancer!!!

Melani - hope you get better soon!

Ann - hope all is well with you.

Sue - glad to see you're still around. I understand busy--have been the last two days. New boss has lots of projects for me to do.

Joanne - I'm almost afraid to watch the game tonight!! Thunder Roll!!!!! Hope your week is going well.

Well I'm on row 10 of the shawl (which I think will turn out to be a scarf--it's not very wide--but will see when I get finished), but it's gonna take a long, long time to do 90 rows! The pattern is nice, may decide to do one with a yarn instead of thread if I ever get it done!

Have a great evening all!

Sorry I have been missing for a few days. My internet is out (will be back on tomorrow morning) and I am at my mom's house using hers at the moment. I can't read through everything right now, but promise to look over all I have missed tomorrow. In the meantime :hug :hug :hug to all of you!

A quick follow-up on my situation for those who might have been wondering. I am going back in for a complete hysterectomy a week from tomorrow. The biopsy showed no cancer, but there were fibroid tumors and polyps that were all growing so they are going to do the surgery anyway. Not really looking forward to it, but I know it will be for the best in the end.

Again, many hugs and I will talk to all of you soon! I have lots of projects I have been working on to share pics of too! :hook

:hug:hug:hug thank you for following up I was watching to hear. Like I said I have been there and had polyps and diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia causing life threatning anemia and if the treatment I am following with my gyno doesn't work so I will be having the surgery too so huge :hug:hug:hugto you and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Many thanks for all the well wishes I am feeling ok today and in fairly good spirits

:hug:hug:hug to everyone and happy stitching:crocheting

Christie-positive thoughts for you and a very successful surgery!!!

Sherry. Go thunder!!!

sue. Saw the pic on FB if your new family member, Monkey Man!!!! So cute!!!!

Tonya-enjoy your time off and can't wait to find out what Kendra is having

Hi to everyone and thinking of u all!!!

One of the reasons I've been so busy...Monkey Man came home today. He's our new 9 month old Basenji mix puppy. I'm so smitten! :manyheart

post-28075-135897764893_thumb.jpg

:wooI have 6 of the next 7 days off work. time to get my crochet and sewing on. I also have 2 weeks until i leave to spend a week or so down in NC with Kendra and hopefully by then she will know what she is having. I think she is going for one of the 4-d ultrasounds this week.

Hope everyone has a great day

AWESOME!!!! :cheer

glad you checked in! :rabbit was missing :turtle

:turtle misses her :rabbit too. :hug

I hope everything goes well for you! :hug

Hi everyone! :hug

:turtle:vheart

One of the reasons I've been so busy...Monkey Man came home today. He's our new 9 month old Basenji mix puppy. I'm so smitten! :manyheart

[ATTACH]56400[/ATTACH]

Hi everyone! :hug

:turtle:vheart

awe he is so sweet! congrats!

Good morning!

Ann ==thinking of you and hope all is well.

Kuddles- Have you settled in to the new digs?

Sue- Monkey is just soo cute! Welcome to the new addition to your family-- enjoy him!!

tonya- Enjoy your time off work

Sherry- tonight is the Thunder's last chance ---hope they pull of a "W"

I've been super busy at work and when I get home, I've been playing with hook and yarn- finished the ripple that I'll give to Ryan and have been working on Queen Anne's lace scarves for Christmas gifts. Itching to start another tote/bag though, so that'll probably be next on the hook

Have a good day- and to those of you in this scorching heat- stay cool and drink lots of water!

Good morning!

Thanks Joanne, I'll try to stay cool! Instead of 97, we will only be up to around 85 today! Whew!

Yes we are settled in to our new place nicely and really really like it! Still little things to do, but basically done. I'm slowly crocheting again!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Archived