crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Now THAT is what I call a good punishment! Woot!

Mama K

Glad you like your punishment! :devil

Well today was splash day for littlest GS. They were out in the garden playing away, and I heard thunder. Went out with one of the other teachers to help get them in before it began to rain. None of them wanted to come in but we got them in just in time. It really rained hard! Now he's not feeling too good--he's got a temp of 101.4. He's home with mommy and hopefully will feel better in the morning.

My new boss is here now. Supposed to have lunch with him and the choir director tomorrow and discuss things. Hopefully it will go well and we'll all get along.

Well, it's quiet here and I"m going to go and get my neglected crocheting out and work on my jacket. Have a wonderful evening all. Hugs to all that need them!

Awww, too bad it rained on splash day! At least they got to have some fun! Hope gs feels better when he wakes up!

Enjoy your lunch with your new boss and choir director!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Another busy, busy day! My brain is on overload!!!!

Kuddles- Enjoy your time off with Baby K!!!

Ann- Glad to see you posting!!!

Sherry- Have a great lunch today!

Sue- I Love Red Lobster- glad you and Bruce had a great lunch out together to celebrate your anniversary! Today is my DD and SIL's 4th anniversary- can't believe how the time flies!!!

Gotta scoot- didn't realize how 'late' it is already!!! Hugs!!!

Good morning! Woot to not going in to work! The new place is working out well.....very open : the small kitchen, dining room that I'm using as my office and the living area are all connected and open to each other. I now can be on the computer without feeling like a bad mom! And I can keep an eye on Baby K! So quiet in this complex too, I'm loving it so far!

And it will be 92 on Sunday so we will get to swim in the pool here! Baby K is very excited for that!

Well, we are going on an adventure this morning: to another Joanne's about 30 minutes away where they also have a used book store, a Michaels, and a Walmart. I'll be a shopping fool today (shuttie Sue)!

Love to all from Mama K

Good Morning ladies...

:hug:hug to anyone who needs one this am! Finished this afghan on the June 5, started on it May 10, so not too bad, should have been done sooner, but life kept interrupting my crocheting! I have several other projects in mind and ongoing. Trying out the wool eater afghan by Sarah London...making this one baby size as an ongoing project. no real deadline, thinking it will be donated sometime in the fall. If I like it enough could be a fair project, not sure yet. Also working on a bag that I saw on ravelry. it's a cute little wristlet size that will hold one ball of yarn, thought it would be great for all those times when taking along a small project and I don't want a full size tote bag.

anyway enough rambling from me, lol Here is black and blue

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=139498&highlight=black+blue+ripple

Good Morning ladies...

:hug:hug to anyone who needs one this am! Finished this afghan on the June 5, started on it May 10, so not too bad, should have been done sooner, but life kept interrupting my crocheting! I have several other projects in mind and ongoing. Trying out the wool eater afghan by Sarah London...making this one baby size as an ongoing project. no real deadline, thinking it will be donated sometime in the fall. If I like it enough could be a fair project, not sure yet. Also working on a bag that I saw on ravelry. it's a cute little wristlet size that will hold one ball of yarn, thought it would be great for all those times when taking along a small project and I don't want a full size tote bag.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=139498&highlight=black+blue+ripple

Beautiful!! I love it! :hug

Woot for a day off- and double WOOT that you are enjoying your new home!!! Have fun in the pool on Sunday!!! Ours is going to be opened next Friday- which is fine with me- it should be warming up and since I don't have a heater it's perfect. Probably won't get much use of it till the following weekend (weather permitting) since it takes a few days for the chemicals to adjust etc. But I'm sure my DD and GS will be using it!

Inquiring minds want to know- what did you get shopping today???

Valerie- That's one gorgeous afghan!!!

To everyone--hope you have a great night- I'm going to take advantage of the nice sunny weather and get a walk in before it starts getting dark.

Good morning! Woot to not going in to work! The new place is working out well.....very open : the small kitchen, dining room that I'm using as my office and the living area are all connected and open to each other. I now can be on the computer without feeling like a bad mom! And I can keep an eye on Baby K! So quiet in this complex too, I'm loving it so far!

And it will be 92 on Sunday so we will get to swim in the pool here! Baby K is very excited for that!

Well, we are going on an adventure this morning: to another Joanne's about 30 minutes away where they also have a used book store, a Michaels, and a Walmart. I'll be a shopping fool today (shuttie Sue)!

Love to all from Mama K

Glad you are enjoying the new home:D

Good Morning ladies...

Beautiful afghan:hook

hello everyone i'm hanging in there and appreciate all the good thoughts and hugs

my sleep schedule or rather lack there of is totally off as usual I sleep in the day and up all night and sometimes i'll go a day or two without if i have things to get done

I really wish i could just go all out and get new yarn for projects as right now not much in my stash that will work together for anything much

I want to do a wool-eater also, some crochet chiffon dolls by yarneverywhere

I would also love to make some tops/sweaters for myself but again the cost of good yarn for a top that would fit me to pricy :( for my meager disability income ( any suggestions for good quality cheaper options? TIA)

physically, my muscles feel seized up like no amount of stretches will help and hurt to attempt even a small stretch

Happy stitching:crocheting

Woot for a day off- and double WOOT that you are enjoying your new home!!! Have fun in the pool on Sunday!!! Ours is going to be opened next Friday- which is fine with me- it should be warming up and since I don't have a heater it's perfect. Probably won't get much use of it till the following weekend (weather permitting) since it takes a few days for the chemicals to adjust etc. But I'm sure my DD and GS will be using it!

Inquiring minds want to know- what did you get shopping today???

Thanks Joanne! Well, HL they still had 3 orange skeins of Cottontots on clearance (I found two at my local store) so grabbed those up. Love to work with it! Used a 40% off coupon to buy one other regular priced Cottontots.

Joanns - they had two skeins of Lion cotton, regulary around $6.50 per skein, I got them for $2.49 each. Score!

Half price books - Baby K scored 6 new books! All on clearance (I'm teaching her the value of clearance) and I treated myself to a handbag book.

We spent the rest of the day at home, and I was trying to get my wifi router to work! I am pretty computer savvy, I swear it is hooked up correctly, I spent 2 hours wasting time on line trying to figure it out to no avail! I think what I may do is uninstall the software, and reinstall and see if that works.

Okay, enough complaining! We have a long great day ahead of us to do whatever we want! So I better get to it!

Love to all!

Mama K

Good Morning, just a quick hi!! Have the oldest GS, littlest one has strep throat, so we're keeping them separated until tonight.

Beautiful afghan!!

Mama K - WOOT!!!! What great buys!!! And glad you're teaching Baby K how to shop!

Joanne - Hope you have a great day today!

I think my new boss and I will get along well together.

And the OKC Thunder is going to the NBA Finals!!!!! Still don't know who they will play, the Heat or the Celtics, but at least we have home court advantage.

Everyone have a great day and hugs to all!!

Hidy Hi!!! Good Morning Friends! It's a beautiful day here. I'm hoping to get outside for a bit and soak in some of that sunshine (not too much or I'll break out a huge rash! :() I'll be careful though. :) Enjoy the weekend everyone!:hug

Good Morning ladies...

It's beautiful!!!!!!

hello everyone i'm hanging in there and appreciate all the good thoughts and hugs

my sleep schedule or rather lack there of is totally off as usual I sleep in the day and up all night and sometimes i'll go a day or two without if i have things to get done

I really wish i could just go all out and get new yarn for projects as right now not much in my stash that will work together for anything much

I want to do a wool-eater also, some crochet chiffon dolls by yarneverywhere

I would also love to make some tops/sweaters for myself but again the cost of good yarn for a top that would fit me to pricy :( for my meager disability income ( any suggestions for good quality cheaper options? TIA)

physically, my muscles feel seized up like no amount of stretches will help and hurt to attempt even a small stretch

Happy stitching:crocheting

I don't have any yarn suggestions, just wanted to give you a gentle :hug

Thanks Joanne! Well, HL they still had 3 orange skeins of Cottontots on clearance (I found two at my local store) so grabbed those up. Love to work with it! Used a 40% off coupon to buy one other regular priced Cottontots.

Joanns - they had two skeins of Lion cotton, regulary around $6.50 per skein, I got them for $2.49 each. Score!

Half price books - Baby K scored 6 new books! All on clearance (I'm teaching her the value of clearance) and I treated myself to a handbag book.

We spent the rest of the day at home, and I was trying to get my wifi router to work! I am pretty computer savvy, I swear it is hooked up correctly, I spent 2 hours wasting time on line trying to figure it out to no avail! I think what I may do is uninstall the software, and reinstall and see if that works.

Okay, enough complaining! We have a long great day ahead of us to do whatever we want! So I better get to it!

Love to all!

Mama K

Woot! Score!!! Nice to be teaching Baby K to be a good shopper too! You'll have that wifi fixed in no time too!

Good Morning, just a quick hi!! Have the oldest GS, littlest one has strep throat, so we're keeping them separated until tonight.

Beautiful afghan!!

I think my new boss and I will get along well together.

And the OKC Thunder is going to the NBA Finals!!!!! Still don't know who they will play, the Heat or the Celtics, but at least we have home court advantage.

Everyone have a great day and hugs to all!!

Aww, hope the little one feels better soon! Glad that you like your new boss. And I hope you'll be playing THE CELTICS!!!!!! :cheer

Hi Sherry and Ann! Thanks, we are having a good time, and today, uh.... we may have to go to the local Joanns! You just never know what might be lurking there!

I'm staying away from fixing the wifi right now Ann, I don't want to get myself all worked up!

Mama K

Good Morning ladies!

Thank you for you positive comments on the afghan! I am very happy with the way it turned out.:manyheart

MsSttichWitch, I don't have any yarn suggestions, I tend to watch ebay for good deals though...not sure what you are looking for so not much help.

I was considering trying the wool eater yesterday, actually started it but, the yarn doesn't want to be a wool eater, it wants to be a knitted sweet pea baby blanket that I have started this am and is looking great so far. This will be my first knitted baby blanket, so I am both excited and nervous about it.

Mama K, sometimes walking away from the computer is the best thing, when mine doesn't cooperate with me, I usually threaten to toss it down the stairs...lol of course that doesn't fix it, but it does make me take a step back, to properly assess the situation. Glad to hear you are teaching baby K the importance of the word clearance! That's one of my favorite words when it comes to shopping.:D

just popped in for a minute, going back to work on the afghan for a bit then off to do my walk and a bit of work in my flowerbeds.

:hug:hug to anyone who could use one today, be back later!

I DID IT! I fixed the wifi without uninstalling and reinstalling!

Updated the firmware for the router, looked up how to change the name of the SSID, and we are in business! WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Okay now that I spent time on that, Baby K and I are going to color together, after a snack of course!

Love,

Mama K

Hi all,

Didn't get a chance to pop in this morning- since I fell asleep early, then was up for a couple of hours around 1-2 then went back to sleep and didn' get up with the first alarm- set the snooze instead!!

Kuddles- Great score on the yarn!!! And WOOT for fixing the computer! Knew you could do it- and yup, best to step away for a few before attempting to fix the darn things!

Sherry- I was rooting for OKC to get to the Finals and I'm with Ann rooting for the Celtics to get into the finals too! I was really hoping that they would have won last night but alas, it will be a game 7 do or die game Saturday night!

Ann- I'm on your side rooting for the Celtics!! They are my second fav BB team- in honor of my DD living in Boston!!! Hope you enjoyed the sunshine today. It WAS a beautiful day here, and of course I didn't get out of work till 6!!

Sue- Hope you had a relatively easy day.

Melanie- No suggestions on the yarn from me either- but ebay is a good idea and on Ravelry they have destashing forums I think!

Off to watch the Subway Series (Yankess vs Mets) ---and crochet--

Hi Joanne! Missed ya!

Just got Baby K to bed, had to put a fan right on her, her new room stays 'hot' since the sun sets on that side. And she is so hot natured!

Hope you get in some good crocheting!

Mama K

Love to all!

Mama K

sounds like an awesome day and a great score!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hidy Hi!!! Good Morning Friends! It's a beautiful day here. I'm hoping to get outside for a bit and soak in some of that sunshine (not too much or I'll break out a huge rash! :() I'll be careful though. :) Enjoy the weekend everyone!

I don't have any yarn suggestions, just wanted to give you a gentle :hug

Glad you had time to soak up the sun

thank you for the :hug:hug:hug

Good Morning ladies!

Thank you for you positive comments on the afghan! I am very happy with the way it turned out.:manyheart

MsSttichWitch, I don't have any yarn suggestions, I tend to watch ebay for good deals though...not sure what you are looking for so not much help.

I was considering trying the wool eater yesterday, actually started it but, the yarn doesn't want to be a wool eater, it wants to be a knitted sweet pea baby blanket that I have started this am and is looking great so far. This will be my first knitted baby blanket, so I am both excited and nervous about it.

just popped in for a minute, going back to work on the afghan for a bit then off to do my walk and a bit of work in my flowerbeds.

:hug:hug to anyone who could use one today, be back later!

Thanks I just may have to work on getting an ebay account. i want to try knitting again myself will have to ask my gf to find my needles as they are at her house lol she moved so they be packed somewhere in all her stuff if she wasn't so organized she'd be a hoarder lol

I DID IT! I fixed the wifi without uninstalling and reinstalling!

Updated the firmware for the router, looked up how to change the name of the SSID, and we are in business! WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Okay now that I spent time on that, Baby K and I are going to color together, after a snack of course!

Love,

Mama K

WOOT WOOT!

Hi all,

Didn't get a chance to pop in this morning- since I fell asleep early, then was up for a couple of hours around 1-2 then went back to sleep and didn' get up with the first alarm- set the snooze instead!!

Melanie- No suggestions on the yarn from me either- but ebay is a good idea and on Ravelry they have destashing forums I think!

Off to watch the Subway Series (Yankess vs Mets) ---and crochet--

thank you I'll check rav and ebay!

well I went to bed around 5 am and slept on and off with super weird dreams all day you know the kind where you kinda wake up roll over and they continue very wierd anyways...

I'm up dying to crochet but the stash is not crying to be something so will cruise rav and ebay like suggested

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Good morning, all!

Welcome to the weekend- (well for most of us anyway---sorry Sue)

Looking forward to a nice afternoon celebrating my nephew's HS graduation with family and friends- and seeing some of my nieces that I haven't seen in a while. One of my nieces just graduated from college and will be off to Hartford next month to begin her engineering career!

Need to do my weekly chores, then it's off to party!!

Have a great day one and all!

Melanie - hope your day was better.

Mama K - enjoy the pool!!!

Joanne - hope you enjoyed time with your family.

Sue and Ann - thinking of you.

Had both GSs last night. Little one is feeling better but running a slight fever. Hopefully he will be able to go back to day care on Monday. Will be a busy day tomorrow. Will be celebrating DH's bday with the at least one DD and the GSs. Other DD may not be able to come but we'll see.

Joanne - I guess we'll be playing the Heat in the finals. The first game is Tuesday night!

Have a great Sunday!

good evening all!

looks like many of you have been enjoying family time and shopping! what fun!

well so i discovered i suck at searching ebay lol so will have to play some more and find some good sellers(any recommendations that ship to canada?) and as for ravelry lol all i did was find more patterns to add to my collection of to dos:rofl:rofl:rofl

well this morning i couldn't get a wink of sleep so I decided I would go to Zellers to return a suitcase I had purchased that broke before i even got to take it anywhere only to discover due to the fact that Target is taking over they are not taking returns on most of anything and they called the damage wear and tear??? WTH all i did was pack it and lift by the handle which broke immediately and then on my travels the wheels broke!! so i'm stuck as the manufacture warranty don't cover it either *sigh*

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Morning all......:tired from the family party yesterday late afternoon into the evening.....Baby K got to swim for hours, it was over 90 degrees, lots of people.......let's just say we are very tired this morning! :eek

I hope everyone has a good day. Mama K is giving each of you a big :hug!

Mama K

Good morning!

I also had an awesome time at the graduation party and it was great to catch up with my brothers, their wives and some of my nieces and nephews!!! We caught the 3rd period of my Devils game when we got home and they won--they are not going out easy. Game 6 tomorrow night!

Off to babysit my GS in a few minutes...

Hope you all have a wonderful day

Good morning....early. Couldn't sleep so I got up. Being very quiet....shhh.....

So quiet on here! Everyone busy? On other threads?

Baby K and I take a tour of her new school for fall. I'm excited! She isn't...LOL.

Have a good day all!

Mama K

We got home from church yesterday and had no electric. Was off for at least a couple of hours. At least we had decided to eat out for DH birthday. Spent time crocheting on my jacket, almost done with the edging on the body of the jacket, then to do the sleeves and I'll be finished with it.

Mama K - enjoy your tour of the new school. Maybe Baby K will be more excited once she sees it. Change is hard.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Now its back to Monday and the work week. Have a great day!

Archived