crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good morning everyone. I think im going to try a bavarian crochet tote.... I have part of it finished but not sure how to do the rest as right now its just a flat square ;) hmmmmmmm

I got the stitches out of my finger yesterday and I can crochet again! The up side of the injury is that DH has hired someone to replace the secretary that I've been filling in for since the first of March. I've been helping train her this last week, but will be easing myself out.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Congrats on getting your stitches out and being able to crochet again!

Oh girls..she's got it bad :lol:lol

I lost count around 35-40. They are still my go-to project for a quick gift or something to take with in a hurry to work on

oh ya she does have it bad lol

Haha, yes I am definitely starting an addiction. I really should be starting a scarf for my brothers birthday, but instead I continue to make sbt.

Oh and here is a picture of my first SBT

[ATTACH]56209[/ATTACH]

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here.

very nice tote!

hi everyone.

I have been lurking and not posting a lot. Its been stressful at work. thankfully the new rns are almost off orientation. my manager was in last night and I was telling him about a stroke conference that is in hawaii in feb. joking that he should send me. ummm im not counting on it but he says there is money for that stuff:eek and then......he decided that he would like me to lead a nursing case study,:scared me? really? I dont even know where to begin on that but have started looking at some that have been posted online and am scared to death about the enormous amount of work involved. I am leaving to go see kendra in 3 weeks and can't wait.

wow what an opportunity I am sure you will be great

Thanks guys :)

Hi everyone!

I have been MIA so just checking in... the weather has been terrible rain rain and more rain and who wants to go out in that ick.

:hug:hug:hugto all

Just dropping by to say that I hope that everyone is having a good day. I have decided that on Saturday I will definitely start the scarf I need to make. I think once I get it actually started I will be fine, but it's so hard to do something other than a sbt right now :2blush

Melanie - I wish that it was rainy right about now, I like in Phoenix so I get to deal with extreme heat. Although today it is only 102 degrees.

Wow 102 degrees!!!! Too hot for me!!!! It was actually quite lovely outside today- but I only got to spend time at lunch time since I was cooped up in meetings all day long! Whew what a week--and still one more day to go!!!

Going to finish the scarf tonight and root for Sherry's OKC Thunder!!!!!

Joanne - you better yell louder!!! We're behind!!! Thunder Up!!!!

Youngest DD bought all of us some Thunder shirts/hats. Will try to post a pic of littlest GS in his.

Good morning~

Sherry- Sorry about the Thunder loss- and hopefully they bounce back and win on Sunday!! Your GS looks adorable!

Mary- I've only made the SBT with the pattern handle---what were you thinking of doing?

Hope everyone has a good Friday--I, for one am sooooo glad that it IS Friday!!!

hi everyone!

well i think i have come up with something that will help me feel better, have purpose and get my groove back.

since I am in an illegal suite and will have to move anyway I am looking for a suite in my budget and area that will let me rescue or adopt a little dog(pet therapy for me). the little guy will give me a walking buddy, help me get out and about, play comfort and cuddle what more could anyone ask for. I have grown up with all sorts of pets, chickens, billy goats, parrots, cats , dogs, hamsters, horses...and the list goes on:D

of course finding a home that will let me have little buddy will be just as challenging as finding one i can afford but anything is possible right?

And just think of all the fun things I can crochet for him:c9:c9:c9

I now have direction and purpose:D:D:D

Hi everyone! It's been a busy few days here at the homestead... haven't been on the computer in a few days! (Can you believe it?!? :lol)

I did want to pop in and say hello, I'm all caught up on posts and sending positive thoughts, hugs and prayers to all of you - I'm not going to list individuals because I'll probably inadvertently miss someone... so it's all of you, like it or not! :hug

Alli - great bag, and your niece is adorable!! I voted for that sparkly eyed curliecue!!

Have a great weekend, all!! :hug

Mary- I've only made the SBT with the pattern handle---what were you thinking of doing?

honestly I'm not really sure. I was considering a draw string, maybe doing a DC ch 1 or 2 and dc skipping the same number of stitches..and then maybe a ruffle row on top of that?

But, not sure if that diminishes the usefulness of the tote, to not be able to hold as much. Sigh.. maybe I'll just make the normal handles

Good morning!!!

Finally it's the weekend!! Up early to enjoy every free minute!!!!:)

Going to watch my GS for a few hours today:manyheart and have to get caught up around here on things that have been slacking!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Alli - great bag, and your niece is adorable!! I voted for that sparkly eyed curliecue!!

Thanks for voting for Emily:cheer

honestly I'm not really sure. I was considering a draw string, maybe doing a DC ch 1 or 2 and dc skipping the same number of stitches..and then maybe a ruffle row on top of that?

But, not sure if that diminishes the usefulness of the tote, to not be able to hold as much. Sigh.. maybe I'll just make the normal handles

If you do make it with different handles, let us know how it turns out!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. My goal for the day is to go to joanns and get yarn for the scarf I need to make. Now lets see if that actually happens.

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is well today! I have been cleaning out my garage for the last few days. I am hoping to build a studio of sorts out there so I might possibly be able to find all of my crafty stuff. :lol

You would be amazed at the stuff I am finding that I had forgotten I even had! (If anyone is interested in some Lionbrand wool yarn, I have 7 skeins of it for sale for $10 in the destashing thread)

Anyway, :hug to all of you and I hope your Saturday is extra special!

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is well today! I have been cleaning out my garage for the last few days. I am hoping to build a studio of sorts out there so I might possibly be able to find all of my crafty stuff. :lol

You would be amazed at the stuff I am finding that I had forgotten I even had! (If anyone is interested in some Lionbrand wool yarn, I have 7 skeins of it for sale for $10 in the destashing thread)

Anyway, :hug to all of you and I hope your Saturday is extra special!

nice sounds like you got the makings of a woolman's cave :rofl:rofl:rofl

well i been hunting for new accommodations found a couple and called a couple but had to leave messages. so I'm looking for august 1st.the hardest part tho because I have no friends or family is getting help to move and a truck to move with...ah well baby steps

I have also been reading up on small and toy breeds and decided that a chihuahua would suit me best. small and easily portable so i can hide him in a carrier that looks like a big purse and smuggle him on the bus to get to the beaches, paths and parks etc :lol:lol:lol

so now that i have done the housing and breed search for today i must search for doggie patterns :hook:hook:hook

i'm getting excited:cheer

Sounds like everyone has had a good day so far :)

I finished my second STB and am about to go to joanns to finally get the yarn I need to start my project. Hopefully I can go in, get only the yarn I need and get out without buying anything else... we shall see how that actually ends up going.

Oh and here's a picture of STB 2 (not the best quality picture but you get the point):

post-55157-135897764413_thumb.jpg

nice sounds like you got the makings of a woolman's cave :rofl:rofl:rofl

well i been hunting for new accommodations found a couple and called a couple but had to leave messages. so I'm looking for august 1st.the hardest part tho because I have no friends or family is getting help to move and a truck to move with...ah well baby steps

I have also been reading up on small and toy breeds and decided that a chihuahua would suit me best. small and easily portable so i can hide him in a carrier that looks like a big purse and smuggle him on the bus to get to the beaches, paths and parks etc :lol:lol:lol

so now that i have done the housing and breed search for today i must search for doggie patterns :hook:hook:hook

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:yay for a new furbaby :yay

Good luck on finding the perfect place and finding the help you need to move!!! :hug

I finished my second STB and am about to go to joanns to finally get the yarn I need to start my project. Hopefully I can go in, get only the yarn I need and get out without buying anything else... we shall see how that actually ends up going.

Oh and here's a picture of STB 2 (not the best quality picture but you get the point):

Very pretty! :hook

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:yay for a new furbaby :yay

Good luck on finding the perfect place and finding the help you need to move!!! :hug

I'm so proud of myself for coming up with that right as I read your post, usually I am pretty slow:rofl:rofl:rofllike if I was a peacock oh how I would be strutting around with my tail fanned out kinda proud

Thank you for wishing me some good luck:hug:)

[/font][/size][/color]

I can highly recommend a toy fox terrier as well. Moose weighs all of 6lbs, his 1/2 sister is only 4.

Hmmm looks like ocean...and... turqa or something like that :lol:lol:lol

Good luck with everything,Melanie. It is great to have a plan and goals!!!

Allik that is a very pretty SBT!!!!

I had a great time with my GS yesterday. Ended up going for a nice loooong walk!! He is getting to be so much fun now that he is really interacting Lives peek a boo and so big and clapping hands.

I started another queens Ann lace scarf when he napped

Looking forward to a nice relaxing day

I can highly recommend a toy fox terrier as well. Moose weighs all of 6lbs, his 1/2 sister is only 4.

thank you Mary I will check them out :)

Good luck with everything,Melanie. It is great to have a plan and goals!!!

I had a great time with my GS yesterday. Ended up going for a nice loooong walk!! He is getting to be so much fun now that he is really interacting Lives peek a boo and so big and clapping hands.

I started another queens Ann lace scarf when he napped

Looking forward to a nice relaxing day

thank you for the luck:)

sweet you had a great day with your GS

I look forward to seeing your finished scarf:hook:hug

Good Morning all

I think i actually had a decent sleep for a change and it was most welcomed:cheerwell today i'm doing some more ad looking for housing, adoptable pups, movers,and patterns. I have afew pup patterns and think i may start one today:hook it seems like forever since i hooked anything.

Mama K enjoy your family party today

I hope you all have a great day and :hug:hug:hug to all

oh almost forgot my 17yr old Sister sent me a message on FB so I said hi to her I debated on doing so as she lives with my mother whom... well its a long sad story so it was difficult to decide if I should respond to my sister

Very pretty!! Love the colors!

Archived