Lacy cape

Fanihi

I made this to be part of my daughter's Halloween costume. She wanted to be Cinderella, but I'm hoping to get her to think more creatively than that. So far, we have a cape. Next, she'll pick out a pattern and fabric for her "princess" dress.

I didn't use a pattern for this. It's made out of #10 crochet thread and metallic thread held together. I used this combination because she will be wearing it indoors and I didn't want it to be too heavy or hot over her dress. I made the cape part from the neck down and then added the hood part from the neck up. The whole thing took around 1600 yards of thread. :eek I've been working on this on and off for the past week and a half. I've never worked on any crochet project that wasn't an afghan for this long. Phew! I think it's time to use something a bit thicker and give my poor hands a break. :lol

Onto the pictures! The dress underneath isn't her costume. I was just trying to find the darkest dress she had to show off the cape.

82405c.jpg

82405b.jpg

82405i.jpg

82405l.jpg

Gorgeous! What a cool mom you are to make this. It reminds me of Robin Hood's Maid Marion.....maybe recycle it next year?:think She is a little beauty!

Lorry

That is so unbelievably pretty!!! Both the model and the cape are stunning!! How would you attach a hood? is the hood justa rectangular piece folded and attached or is there more to it?

That cape would do nicely here in India:) where its hot most of the year!

Thanks for sharing!!

hugs

Vims

What a beautiful cape! What a shame its only for a costume. Do you think she would wear it any other time...church or other dress up times?

She is a real cutie :) I bet the first picture of her that you posted would win a photo contest.

Archived