Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies. Its cold here, (well, relatively speaking), 50 degrees. The sun is shining do I imagine that it's going to warm up.

Judy, thanks for the heads up on the Hershey kisses. Now if I can just limit myself to three...... I love dark chocolate!

Today's plans are laundry and cleaning bathrooms. I guess I might as well get started.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy, I find I'm more satisfied with the dark chocolate...and it is supposed to be a tad better for you!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I have to run up to the print shop since I forgot on my way in and only realized it when I got to the office and saw my empty window that I'm having a decal made to cover it.  I went to the gym this morning and then stopped at Joann's since it's in the same strip as the market I had to stop at.....any excuse is as good as the next :yes

Today is actually a slow day for me, which I'm welcoming.  I also have another picture to take and share of the market bag I started on the plane to Florida, I got to the strap on the plane ride home so finished that up last night.  I offered to test a pattern for someone here on the ville, so am hoping to get that under way today :xfin

Marlene - I hope you get your bathroom fixed soon!

Joanne - That's the downside to vacation, you still have to make up the work!  Your granny ghan sounds like it will be gorgeous with those colors!

Judy - I also love dark chocolate :manyheart  I hope Sparkie is feeling better!

Cindy - Your NYC friend sounds just right for you to understand :lol  Have fun with today's chores :)

Hi, Marisa! I can also find more ways to delay the inevitable!

Are you testing the cow comfort blankie?

And as far as Sparkie is concerned: eureka! I'm breathing a real sigh of relief. As Cindy mentioned, I'm thinking it was stress related from the thunder, followed with fireworks. He can't afford to lose much weight, so we are all glad his meals are back to normal now. He still won't go outside after sunset....that will eventually disappear, I hope.

It's cute....but the thought of working tightly enough to stuff the critter...uh uh. I decided not to put the pressure on myself. I think I'm getting lazy...lol!

Judy, I made a stuffed toy for one of my grandsons years ago, and it was hard to work tightly enough to keep the stuffing from showing. That's all it took to keep me from jumping on the amigurumi wagon. (Even though some of them are so cute,.,,)!

Cindy, I just let him out and had to herd him to the door. Too light for the backyard sensor light to take effect, but maybe it will be better as the days go on.

I saw something g so neat this morning

I was looking out the upstairs window that overlooks the yard, and I can see over the back fence and see the chain link fence that borders the cemetery behind us.

Well, I saw three deer! At first I thought it was one, because the vegetation was thick....then a second male showed himself (what beautiful antlers on both) and then a smaller one that looked to be a female came through. Yesterday hubby was at the back fence leaving some food for the small critters in our yard and he hear leaves rustling...and saw a deer close to our back fence! They poor things are running out of woods...too much stupid building going on around here......

Anyway, I had to share.

Judy, we have a lot of deer around. They are getting smart. We have invisible fence to keep Sophie safe. The deer seem to know that she can't get to them, and they will just stand and stare at her, while she barks herself silly at them. However, if I am outside and I move toward them,they immediately take off.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

A busier day here for me today than yesterday was.  I started the testing pattern.  Judy and Cindy, amigurumi is not at the top of my list....however, it's not the stuffing part that bothers me, it's all the little pieces to make and connect :(  But, I figured this would make a cute gift for someone in a pinch :yes

Tonight I'm meeting some friends at the next townships community days event tonight, we made a piece to yarn bomb a tree so of course we have to check it out!

Deer are smart, Cindy - I just wish they would stay away from roads. It seems that if one runs across the road, another one or more will follow! We see too many that are killed by cars around here....so far the people around here havent been killed, but there have been many injuries.

Hi, Marisa,

Yup, that would be a grea thing to have on hand for a gift. I just went to Michaels and picked up more yarn for baby ghans (I was paid for the last blankie). This time I'm going to go with a single color for two of them. working from stash makes great squares, but even I'm getting tired of that...lol!

Have a great weekend, my young friend....

Marisa, it pretty much goes without saying, that sewing bits and pieces together is definitely another strike against crocheting little stuffies! I think I may have mentioned my aversion to sewing things together once or twice.......

Judy, unfortunately we live in an area that has a very high incidence of car deer accidents. I think that they tend to travel in groups. Usually when you see one, there are more around.

Nothing much happening here today. Dh wanted to go out for dinner, but I'd just as soon stay home. 50% of the time he orders a burger when we are out, so that's what we'll have for dinner. I bought some plants last night and I'd like to get them in the ground when it cools off. I know that won't happen if we go out!

Happy Friday!!!!!

I feel like I worked a full week and it was only three days! We made hot dogs for dinner since we had them in the house. Also made a salad to go with them. DH also wanted to go out. I didn't. I just want to be lazy tonight!!!

Good luck with the amigurumi Marisa! I think they are adorable, but like Cindy , I'm not a fan of sewing pieces together!!

Cindy, I hope you got your plants planted!!!

Judy. How sparkie doing today? What color yarn did you get?

Mary, Marlene Holly, sherry, Linda and all----have a good night !!!

Hi, everybody!

Joanne, Sparkie is 100 percent! His nerves must have played a big part in all of it. So happy not to hear any more fireworks this week. Now I hope the weekend is quiet too.

I didn't get anything fancy at Michaels: huge sk of LB pastel yellow, one large one of Caron white, which I always need, and two sk of a baby pastel rainbow yarn, Caron, also, if I remember correctly. I brought the patterns I was thinking of making so I think I have good stuff to work with for two of the patterns. It'll be different for me. I haven't made a single color baby ghan since I made Cindy's pattern probably two years ago! I never seem to have enough of any one color.

Off I go...time for the Yankee game!

Hi Ladies,

We have lots of deer around here to. I love to take the back roads every chance I get just so I can see the deer in the fields. Last thursday night when I was coming home from shopping I seen 5 deer crossing the road. I have seen them in the lake, across the lake when it's super hot.

We have garage sales around the lake tomorrow. Were going to put the jeep the Maya use to ride around the yard in up for sale. A few houses down the street they have a bunch of little ones and I seen they had one jeep with about 4 or 5 kids. So I'm hoping they see it and want to buy it. If it don't sell I'll put it on craigslist. 

Linda posted that she can't get on the ville. I told her to message Amy through facebook. 

Sunday is are family reunion. My niece's little girl who is 9 is coming to spend a few days with us. Maya has three things going on at the library to while she's here but that's okay as they won't be very long.

Judy, My girlfriend had to put her dog down this week due to fireworks. She was going to put him in room and turn on some music to try and drown out the fireworks and the dog had already went and hid under a bed and broke his back. So sad!

Marisa, A yarn crawl sounds like a fun time. Enjoy your weekend!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Good Morning, House. ♥  I had to look at my profile to see when I last posted...the week has been so full of "one thing after another" days.

Linda ~ Oh, I hope you're okay!  So sorry you can't log in to the 'ville :( - hopefully you can read posts?

Judy ~ I hope Sparkie gets back to normal soon.  Fireworks should be banned for private use as far as I'm concerned!

For now, I'll just say "Hi" to everyone at Our House. :) 

We went to the Dr. Thursday and then x-rays yesterday.  For now, they think DH's back issues are severe muscle spasms. Poor guy is not a happy camper.

My brother has actually improved quite a bit and the doctor's are amazed.  He wants to go home with nursing care and they are trying to discourage that, but ultimately it's Mike's choice.

Enough rambling for now - better get busy.  I did finish the scarves and they were delivered yesterday.  She emailed last night and is thrilled with them! :)  

Morning, peeps...

Marlene, how awful for the poor dog and family! A k9 ...female, probably search or drug dog...in the next county over was left in her big outdoor kennel while her officer went out....well, the fireworks started and she crashed out of the kennel and was found some clocks away, run over and killed by a car. A beautiful GSD.... I was sick when I heard.

Mary, personal use of fireworks ARE illegal in NJ, but not in PA, where they get them.

I hope your brother uses his heard about leaving the facility!

So happy to hear your scarves were a hit!!!!

Sparkie is sleeping well, and eating well...all is good. Finally!

Good morning ladies

I'm sorry to hear that Linda can't log in. I had the same problem a while back and Amy fixed it for me. Apparently the new forum software has extremely strong spam filters and she said even something like posting a lot of pictures at a time can alert it.

Marlene, have fun with the garage sales.

Mary, poor dh. I had a back injury a few years ago and at times the spasms were so bad that I could barely lift my legs to walk. Thankfully muscle relaxers helped a lot. WTG on your successful sale of the scarves.

Those two dog stories are very sad. Luckily Sophie is fine with them, because our neighbor must have purchased a huge supply. I still hear them every evening.

Nothing much planned for here today. My plants are in the ground and that little garden looks nice. Dh set up an old gate at the end of it to screen an out door tap and the end of the eave trough. I bought plants that attract butterflies and hummingbirds. I cut the grass in the front yard yesterday, but the back still needs to be done.

Well, off to get some coffee.....

Cindy, we get some butterflies here....I would love having a perennial garden that attracts them. I'm not up to it, though, and with the clay soil they would have to be raised beds. If you remember any of my backyard pics, we already have some planted areas that have rock walls, so not much room left. I wish I had thought of this years ago! My neighbor across the street is a WW II British bride. D when she was trying to sell her house she posted pics of her English garden...oh, my....is it ever gorgeous!!!!!

Judy, I have to confess that dh helped me a lot. My back and knees are no longer what they once were! We have a lot of clay here too, but that particular bed has been mulched for years, so all that mulch has composted into nice loose soil.

Good morning ladies :hi

Cindy - I think you may have mentioned your dislike of sewing things together....maybe just once :wink

Joanne - I don't mind joining/sewing squares together, it's just the size of the pieces.  I prefer to be in sizes larger than saltines, lol.

Judy - Glad to hear Sparkie is feeling better and yea for new yarn!  Yes, here in PA there is a fireworks stand set up about every couple blocks....throughout the state!

Marlene - Enjoy your family reunion!  Good luck with the yard sale-ing :)

Mary - Glad to hear your brother is improving, but not so glad to hear that dh is not!

Good morning house!

Hope you are all having a good weekend. Spent yesterday afternoon/evening with DD and the boys- we went shopping for new sneakers for Ryan and then went to panera for dinner. When we got back we all went for a nice long walk and took Belle too. It was a lovely day yesterday with low humidity!

Did anyone see the moon last night? It was gorgeous- I was able to see it around 10:30 PM--it was a 'super moon"

Today, we are headed to a farmers market and then middle DD is going to DD's house to get some of her things out of their crawl space so we'll head over there. DD and SIL are out of attorney review on the house and next week is the inspection. Things are moving along!

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs!

Hi, ya, my friends.

Joanne, enjoy your day! So happy to hear DDs house buying process is coming along.

I missed the super moon last night....but did enjoy the near daylight as I looked out at the backyard before I went to bed!

Archived