Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. It's chilly here. I tried to sit outside with my morning coffee, but I got cold.

I worked yesterday, and although it was much less busy than it had been, I was exhausted when I got home. I didn't sleep well Sunday night, so that probably contributed to it. I slept close to 10 hours last night though. Hopefully that means that I'll be super productive today!

Judy, have you tried the "thunder shirt" on Sparkie? I happened to see a post on Facebook yesterday, showing a dog in a homemade thunder shirt. I looked it up, and it said that the shirts gentle constant pressure has a calming effect on dogs. Maybe they ought to market something like that for humans!

Mary, sure hope you are back here posting soon.

Joanne, hope your work week is off to a good start. Did you get to go to craft group last night?

Marisa, congrats on the big keychain win! LOL. Sounds like your weekend was fun.

Marlene, that's a cute story about Jocelyn's dress. She will really be surprised! The fair trip brings back memories. There was an agricultural fair like that where I grew up. My sister in law used to enter a lot of crafts. She got a lot of blue ribbons and frequently they said something about her finishing techniques or the fact that her cross stitch projects were neat on the back as well as the front. I don't think size or complexity were part of their criteria. I don't know of any fairs like that around here though. (Actually, maybe the one in Lowell, I know people who show animals there. Might see if dh wants to check that out.)

Cindy, I mentioned the thunder shirt (we would need a big one!) but DH thought it probably wouldn't work. Sparkie searches me out and seems calmer when he's next to me. The bathroom is a close second...lol!

Hi all

Babysat for the boys all day Sunday while dd and sil spent the day packing We had fun with them. But I was tired !!! I did go to craft club but lest about a 1/2 hr early and went to bed around 9:30. Felt much better today after sleeping last night Busy at work covering for vacations

I read through all the posts but DH keeps talking to me so I'd better get off the iPad.

Have a good wed

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, We went to the Ionia Free Fair. There was one like this when I was a kid that I particapted in through 4-H. There wasn't and they still don't have any rides there. I enter gardening, sewing and one year knitting. Through 4-H we also did modeling shows. We modeled what we made in sewing.

Mary, I sent Amy a message through facebook that you and Linda can't get on. Possibly she'll get a hold of you or have it fixed soon. I checked facebook to see if she sent me a message but she hadn't. But she was at the craft event out east. So it may take her few days to get caught up after she gets home.

DS was stranded here with his company van which is new 2013 or 2014. This is the second time it's stranded him this year. Chrysler towed it to Grand Rapids to the big city to fix it. And gave him a rental car. He called tonight and said the electrical harness is the problem so they will replace that and a couple of other things that go along with it. He has contact from the first time he was stranded with it, with a big wig from Chrysler. That person put him on a conference call with a group of engineers. This guy gave him either his email or cell phone number and told him if you have any more problems call me directly and we'll take care of it. So he contacted him sunday and they are taking care of him. This is his week to be out on the road working so he will get some compensation for it to.

Tomorrow is Maya's last day with the summer reading program at the library.

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Judy. Yes they did!!!! They are getting excited. They had the inspection and there are a couple things they want fixed...nothing major. They'll both be glad when the whole process is behind them.......and so will I !

Good morning there ladies :hi

It's a busy week here so far, which of course is a good thing.  I already had some patients in this morning and have another coming at 11.  Tonight is bowling night, woohoo!

I don't feel like I really have much to chat about this morning.  But, I'll try to be back a bit later after my little rush! lol

Hi ladies. Ran errands, did housework and laundry today. Still need to head out to the grocery store. I plan to do that still this evening. I also made another baby hat this afternoon.

Marlene, I did not realize the Ionia Free Fair has that sort of stuff. I've always thought of it as mostly rides and concerts. Might have to check it out next year.

I'm off to look for a pattern for little baby Mary-janes. I was thinking of making a pair to add to the hats and sandals, I also bought a cute little dress. Ycan you tell I only have grandsons?

Comfortghan is done...took this pic in front of a beautiful framed set of hummingbird pics a longtime friend took, and framed for me. She lives down the street and our sons have known each other since they were in preschool, about 35 years ago.

The ghan is from Homespun and measures 40 by 42. Except for the sc border, I followed this easy pattern: Square Deal Throw, from Lion Brand.

post-8552-0-89463900-1406759984_thumb.jpg

Mary and Linda this is for you from me to Amy and from Amy to you to get you back on.

Hi Amy, I wanted to pass a message to you that 2 people in are group "Our House" in the crochet alongs can't get on. One Linda is moving so when she lets us know she has internet at her new place she will probably get a hold of you. The other person is "skysmom" her name is Mary her location is Texas. She posted twice on July 22nd. She did not post any pictures. Then she posted July 25th from her iphone seems she has been banned. And she sent a message. I did the group know you were probably away to a convention. Mary has ATT u-verse. Hope that helps. Here area she lives in is Ft Worth. Thats all I know. Thanks! Marlene (tobybob)

Hi, Marlene! Please let these people know I'll be happy to help them now that I'm back in town. Let them know that it's not Crochetville/us that might have done any banning by IP address. It's an automated security program on our server. If you can get in touch with them, please ask them to go to this site: whatismyip.com They'll need to copy and paste their IP address and send it to me in a Facebook message or an email to amyshelton@crochetville.com. I'll send the data to our site host, and get them unblocked right away.
Chat Conversation End

Hi Ladies,

Pretty quiet around here. The girl across the street spent the night last night with Maya and she just left. Yesterday was library day. I took the baby afghan with me to work on. Ran out of white yarn so i'll need to get back to that today and get it finished. I want to move on to something else. I received a phone call yesterday from one my friends from Texas. She ran across Sarah London's blog and pattern wool eater afghan. She referred to it as bavarian crochet and wondered if I had ever heard of it.

DD is suppose to close on her house monday. Today she is suppose to get the official word yes it's happening as planned or no it has to be pushed to a different day. Since she has planned her vacation around this date she's hoping it happens. Plus DS's wedding is next friday so we want the new house all cleaned and painted before saturday there move in date. And they already gave there notice at the apt and have to be out of there on the 10th. Hopefully it all works as planned. We will be going on sunday to DD's to help with the new house and she wants me to go with her to the closing.

Judy, The comfortghan is gorgeous. Your friend will love it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Of course I still have some paperwork to do yet, but am done with patients for the day.  Everyone seemed to be available around the same time today so since I didn't get to spread them out I have to do all their paperwork now lol.  But first, it's time for a snacky snack and checking in with you all.  I got to the gym this morning for zumba, the first day all week!  I had bowling last night and was pretty consistent for a change :)  Tonight I'm having yarn night with Becca and since Em is out being a camp counselor for a few weeks, it'll just be the 2 of us!  We are going on the yarn crawl Saturday and Sunday although it starts tomorrow, none of us can  make it tomorrow and then it runs until the 10th. There are 7 shops participating and we are knocking them all out over the weekend.

I'm heading back to my parents house next Wed, so of course am excited about that.  We have an event there next Sat and plus my SIL with all 5 kids are there.  They drove from Phoenix at the end of June/start of July and went to her parents for some family stuff (they are only a half hour from my parents) and just got to my parents on Mon so of course my mom is in heaven with the kids :)  I'm excited to get to see them too and am hoping for a drama free visit :xfin  My mom put pics on FB of the my dad taking the kids out on my motorcycle lol....I think she was mostly taunting me! :haha

I guess that's about it for now :ghug

Marisa, hi!!

I did see the pics of the kids on your motorcycle...lol!

Paperwork...a real nuisance.

The yarn crawl sounds like a real blast. Enjoy every moment!

And not to be personal...and of course I am...I was wondering about the last guy you mentioned you were dating. Has he been left by the wayside? You deserve someone who will treat you like the precious jewel you are.

Enjoy the family time, and I'll be hoping for drama free along with you!

:ty   Amy, Marlene and Judy!  It feels like I've been on a long trip with no internet. ;)

I will catch up later, but DH has physical therapy at 2 so we need to leave shortly.

Missed you all a lot. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Your welcome! Glad to see your back!

Marissa, I did the pics of the kids. Enjoy the yarn crawl. Safe travels to parents next week. Hoping for a drama free visit to.

DD got the word and everything is planned as was set up, so monday afternoon they will be official home owners. Pretty exciting to have both kids having something to celebrate in the same week.

The toliet is all back together and working great. Now were putting the cupboard hubby built back together. Hopefully this afternoon the bathroom will be put all back together minus floor covering. Not putting carpet back in there.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hi ladies. Super busy day at work today, and we are going out again in a bit, but thought I'd say a quick hi. Dd and I are going to Canada for the weekend, and I doubt if there will be any time to get online. Then it's back to work again Monday and Tuesday.

Judy, I really like that comfort ghan. I get it's nice and soft.

Marlene, congrats to your kids. Glad things worked out so well.

Welcome back, Mary.

I

Happy rainy Saturday!!!

Whew what a tiring week at work. Almost glad for the rain. I do need to catch up on some things around here such as dusting!!

Judy- love the blanket!!!

Cindy-- enjoy your time in Canada with your DD!!

Mary. I'm glad thatAmy was able to get you back on the ville!!!

Marlene. Happy that everything worked out for your kids!!!

Marisa. It seems that things are going well with your practice !!! Enjoy going to all the yarn shops!!! Sounds like so much fun!!!

Linda posted on fb that she is Cedar Rapids!!! Will be unpacking this weekend. Sweet pea did well on the drive north! She is still in the walking boot. I'm so glad she is near family now

Tomorrow I'll be watching the boys so dd and sil can continue packing. Today is a DH and me day.

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Morning, peeps!

Joanne, thanks...I'll be giving my friend the ghan next week. She's still not up to seeing people...even her closest friend who lives two doors away from her.

Enjoy entertaining the boys. They are really going to tire you out...lol!

The rain makes our yard seem like a tropical jungle. There was a a thunderstorm yesterday and we lost power, but only for a couple of hours.

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning!

My middle DD came over late yesterday afternoon and ended up staying over. It was so nice to have some time with her!!! She is going to stay today till around noon before heading home since she wants to see the boys and play with them for a bit. It was quite the pleasant surprise!!

Hope you are having a good weekend!!!

hello everyone

I know i am waaaaaay tooooooo ancient came from the bc world loooooool

I miss you all i keep checking every once in a while in here cause i really miss the old days

I like reading your comments i love seing your projects and i miss the warm gathering in this place

Ive been busy with life ive been down for too long and away from alot of beautiful things but now i wanna be back again

i started giving crochet lessons in my place, I am making a crochet book and gonna translate it to english and sell it on etsy cause i dont know a publisher out of Kuwait

and i do sell some crochet goodies on instagram but im managing to have a shop on etsy too for crochet patterns

my daughters now are 4 and 6 , i'm done with all the divorce struggles and back on my feet again breathing deeply

I really miss you all and im trying to catch up as much as i can by reading the old posts

would you accept me here again in this group? i would love to share many things i've done in crochet do you still love pictures or is it still just on Fridays <<<< man im really old looooooooooool

I've MIA for awhile. Life has been crazy and busy lately and it's been all I can do to read posts, let alone post. This week is the big job shift, so it's a little stressful around here, too. Tuesday is my first day at the new library. But then on Saturday, I start my week of vacation. Hooray! :)

Archived