Our House Part Two

Hi all

Hope you all had a good weekend!!! The weather was gorgeous. We went to the outlets at the jersey shore on sat and then dd and the boys came over in the afternoon and stayed for dinner. DH and I had a relaxing day yesterday!!!

Tonight is cc and I'll be working on the scarf that is the new KAL at the LYS. I had to frog it 4 times and start over. I think I've finally got it. I was glad to have nothing to do yesterday so I could concentrate on it. Have a good night and Tuesday. Weather is supposed to be hot and humid. So glad for AC!!!!

Edited by imanurse55
  • Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Hi Marisa!  I love the name "Cranberry Township!"  ;)  You sound busy and happy...share some pictures of your projects if you can!

Joanne ~ I hope the KAL scarf is working for you - yay for going to CC tonight. :)

Linda ~ The weather showed that you all were under tornado watches/warnings a while ago.  'Hope all is well in Iowa. :manyheart

Luke's fever is still spiking on and off.  The pediatrician isn't alarmed, but did blood work just to be safe.  Poor little guy. :c9   I'm going over tomorrow so DD can run some errands and get out for a while.

Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

Hi, peeps.

Mary, I'm glad the doc did some blood work...I hope the little guy feels better fast.

I'm off to my goddaughter's house this morning. After her classes were finished in France she met up with some friends and hopped around Europe for several weeks before coming home a couple of days ago. She is one fortunate younge woman!!

Hi House. :manyheart  

Judy ~ How special that your goddaughter will have so many memories of Europe!  Our DD was able to be there several times because of her job before she became a stay at home mom and still keeps in touch with people she met while there. :)

I'm almost finished with a baby 'ghan and have started working on the around the world quilt 'ghan again.

Luke is better today and it looks like they will be able to go on their trip Thursday. :yes

It sure is quiet at Our House...hope everyone is okay. ♥♥♥

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad Luke is feeling better today and continues to feel better so he can enjoy there trip. 

Marisa, Nice to see you around again.

Judy, How lucky your goddaughter is to be able to travel all around Europe. 

Joanne, Hope your little guys are feeling better now. Good luck with the new scarf.

Sherry, So glad things are much better for you at the office. Hope DD is feeling better. 

I had a nice visit with family that came for my uncle's funeral. It's to bad that it takes a funeral for people to come home for a visit. 

I signed Maya up for the summer reading program through the library today. It won't start until July. They don't have a director so they shorten the program up. The kids here didn't get out of school until today so they are really getting a late start on it. Maya can be a librarian for 30 minutes. She told her mom she wants to so I will call tomorrow and set it up. 

Hope everyone has a nice week!

Good morning peeps!!

Yes, Alyson is a very lucky girl...and she appreciates everything, too. She's good friends with the daughter of her moms High school pen pal...who happens to be Norwegian! She sees the world as just one big neighborhood, I think!

Marlene, good for Maya....she'll grow up to be a very bright young woman since she loves to read....

Mary, I'm so happy to hear that Luke is well enough to go on vacation! Looking forward to seeing your projects. I love the ATW pattern...maybe one day I'll make one...

Alyson wants to make a ghan for her room at school, using Syracuse colors (blue and orange) so well be going on a shopping trip soon. I convinced her of the practicality of making 12 inch squares instead of one big piece. I don't think she'll have any problem attaching g them...if she does I'm always ready and able...lol!

Have a good day, my friends. Another day of hibernating here. 90 plus weather again....blech.

I've been quiet again. Just busy and tired around here. Tonight I need to get laundry finished up so that tomorrow I can do a little packing. Our girls are getting a sleepover with my mom Friday night while Wayne and I head up to MIchigan for a family wedding on Saturday. Then Sunday is our Alicia's 9th birthday, so we'll be partying. :)

• Like 1

Hi all!!  update on DD - she went back to work but can't drive yet as she's still on pain meds.  At least she can go to work this week.  She sees the dr next week and hopefully she'll be in a walking cast and be able to do a little bit more.  The boys have been pretty good and help her some. 

Buster Brown and Missy are so cute to watch.  Buster has learned to bark (well, squeak maybe) and growl.  He's so cute when he barks, one ear goes up.  Hopefully it won't be up all the time. 

Well it's hot and windy here (typical for Oklahoma in June) but at least no bad storms, just a lot of rain.  I had to water the garden tonight since we didn't get any rain since the weekend.  And we have tomatoes!!!!  And Missy can't get them - ha!!  She ate all the tomatoes last year before they even got ripe.  So we put up a bigger fence to keep her out this summer.  I'm really hoping they get ripe and we have some to eat before long.

Mary - hope Luke is better now.

Marisa - good to see your post.  I've been MIA for a while dealing with all the stress of moving out 2 bosses and getting 1 boss in. 

Holly - sounds like a busy weekend for you all.

Marlene - looks like Maya will have a good summer!

Have a great evening everyone!  Hugs to all.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Last night I brought the gs some ice cream. Like Judy said it was a very hot day . Ryan was telling me all about the "shower" outside. They had gone under the sprinkler and he kept saying he was taking a shower in the grass. It was good to spend some tome with them after a not so great day at work. They are a great stress reliever!!! Tonight I'm going down to the waterfront where the LYS is having a meet up. Hopefully it won't be too hot!! If it is I'll only stay a short while

We had t storms roll through around 3:30 this morning but I slept through them. I only read about them but saw on fb that Judy was up with her fur baby!! Hope you got to get back to sleep, Judy!!

Just checked the clock and I have to get ready for work. Have a good day everyone!!!

morning, peeps.... :tired

Joanne, I never did get back to sleep...book club tonight too...Maybe I can take a nap in the recliner in the mancave this afternoon. It's nice and dark in there :D

Joanne, hopefully it will be a good evening for the meetup in Keyport tonight! Have fun!

Enjoy the day, my friends.

Hello there housemates :hi

I have all my paperwork caught up!!!!  Holy cow, I don't believe it :bounce  Here is a pic of the afghan I made for Maryann's daughter.  I'm about to finish an afghan for a wedding so will post a pic of that when it's done.  I did take a picture of the tree yarn bomb piece, but it's not on my computer yet so will share that when I get to it.  Right now I'm waiting for my next patient who is also going to be doing some IT work for me as well. 

Tonight I'm going to the symphony with a friend and I'm excited about it! 

I hope everyone is well :ghug

post-36814-0-04415400-1403194354_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning ladies. We got back from vacation late on Tuesday. We had a really enjoyable time, but It is good to be home.

I did read through all the posts but I'm just going to jump back in here. Laundry is done and everything is put away.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 1

They decided to have the meet up at the LYS instead of the waterfront because of the weather. We had some rain this afternoon. But by this evening the weather was nice. I opted to stay home and watch the Yankees. I was looking forward to being outside plus I am going to the LYS tomorrow night for the KAL

Hope you got a nap Judy. And that you enjoyed book club.

Cindy. Welcome back from vacation. Glad u had a good time

Marisa. The blanket is beautiful. I love pink and brown together. How is Mary Ann doing ?

Sherry. Glad work is going better for you

Mary, Holly Marlene. Hope the week is being good to you

Linda. Thinking of u and hoping you have found the perfect new home

Edited by imanurse55

Morning peeps!

Not sure how I got through the day yesterday with no nap...but I did relax by getting my hair done yesterday. Lots of blond highlights.... :)

Book club was fun last night...we have a wonderful mix of ages and backgrounds so it makes for a lot of laughs. And we DID discuss the book...lol!

Have a great day my friends.

Good morning. I'm still in bed, listening to the rain come down. I have to go grocery shopping today. I invited dd, dsil and the boys to dinner tonight. I was planning to eat outside, but I guess that's out. Even if the rain stops, the boys will end up in the mud.

I've been knitting dishcloths lately, but it really need to get back to sone of my UFOs.

I've also been deep cleaning. Just a little each day. Yesterday, I did the family room windows, and today, I had planned on more windows, but since it's raining that won't happen. There are plenty of other chores to choose from, though.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi Ladies,

Maya has been reading to me in the evenings then we play Sorry. Have laundry going now. Tomorrow DD and one of my sister is coming up to meet Maya and I to go up to Bay City to Emme's bridal shower. It's almost a two hour drive so we have to leave early. It starts at 11:30. 

DD had her inspection on the house they want to buy. Not sure what will happen now. We are having another rainy day here. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Marissa, Cute blanket!

Cindy, there is always another area to deal with when you have a house! A little at a time sounds good....

I don't have any UFOs except a knit scarf that can wait. I did pull out a pattern for a tapestry tote, and it has a cat pattern. Not in the mood yet... Been reading a lot. DS lent me book one of Game of Thrones and I'm giving it a chance to grab me...not ready to give up on It after only 35 pages.

Using some squares made by another person....well, I'm not thrilled with the outcome, but is is very soft...

post-8552-0-87997400-1403296997_thumb.jpg

House friends - I am so sorry to have been mia.  Things with my brother aren't going well and DD's hubby ended up in the ER the night before they were supposed to leave for their vacation...we've been helping with the little guys and Sue is taking care of our brother's issues.  Gee...what else can happen?  SIL is fine now with a lot of stitches in his foot and physical therapy in the future.  Mike may never leave the nursing/rehab but things were looking better for a while.

I hate to even type all this, but I miss you all and am in tears...would anyone like to meet me in Hawaii for a crochet vacation?  I will gladly pay for wine, yarn and whatever else we can afford. :)

Judy and Marisa ~ Wonderful pictures! :clap

Love you all - thank you for being here. ♥

Oh Mary. So sorry to hear this!!! I would love to join you in Hawaii. Sure wish we really could!!! Lots of hugs coming your way !!! It seems that things just have to start looking up for you.

We went to my nieces graduation party yesterday and had a lovely surprise when my cousin and hubby showed up from NH!!! I didn't know they were coming. The time just flew by and we didn't get home till about 11. Today we have the boys for the day. I'm heading over at 10 and will bring them back here after they have their naps. I have some laundry and cleaning to do since we were gone all day yesterday. Will probably trek to the grocery store as well with boys in tow. Thankfully the weather has been great this weekend so I see some outdoor play time too.

Have a good Sunday everyone!!!

Edited by imanurse55

Good morning peeps,

Mary, anyplace we girls can run away to would be great....as long as we have each other!! Though not in RL, having friends here on the House is wonderful and we are all such a support for each other. Life gets so hard sometimes, and like what you're experiencing now, it seems like everything is often hitting you at once. We are here for you, at any time and regardless of subject. If we can't vent here, where can we?

Hugs to you, hon.

Joanne, enjoy the wonderful day today with the boys. We are going to the Keyport flea market later today and visit the booth where the lady who makes homemade dog treats holds court!!

Thanks for the hugs, Judy and Joanne. :manyheart   I know we are fortunate in so many ways and things can always be worse, but the last 1½ years have been a test!  Sometimes, a good cry is in order and it helps!

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful day with the little ones. :c9

Judy ~ An outing to the market sounds like fun!  We have a "First Monday" market in a town about 40 minutes away and may try to go in July. 

Hi to everyone at Our House! ♥♥♥

We're having beautiful rain and it's cool for this time of year.  My tomatoes are starting to ripen and we're having a BLT for lunch. :)

Mary - so sorry to hear of all your trials.  I would love to join you but unfortunately the bank balance says I can't.  You can come here anytime and we'll be here to listen.  Wish we lived closer together so I could help you.  but you are in my prayers.  Glad for the rain for your area.  We've been getting some much needed rain and the temps have been sooooo good for June for Oklahoma.  Not really too hot (but we still have a lot of summer to get through, so I'm sure we'll hit that wonderful 100 sometime). 

Joanne - enjoy the little ones!  Glad you had a wonderful Saturday.

We bought another pool, the pump went out on the old one and it's cheaper to buy a pool than a pump.  But this one is bigger and the boys are excited to get in it.  Little man will have to wear his floaties as it's probably going to be up to his chin!  I'm ready for some relaxing time in the pool. 

There's an air show today at the air base and we're going to take the boys (this may be a really big mistake as I'm sure it's going to be really crowded).  The Thunderbirds are flying and I hope that we get to see them.  hopefully we can see some older planes flying as well. 

Have a great Sunday!!  Hugs to all.

Sherry, enjoy your day with the boys....sounds like the perfect outing for them!

Mary, because we women have the ability to have that good cry is, I believe, why we live longer!! It doesn't change things, but it's definitely therapeutic.....

Hi Sherry ~ Thank you!  It sure helps to know we can come here for support and friendship. :manyheart   Yes, the rain is still coming down and it's only 68 degrees!  Lots of summer yet to come, though. :yes   I hope you all have had a great time at the air show.

Judy ~ Have you started anything new? 

Has anyone heard from Linda?  I may have missed a post, though. ;)