Our House Part Two

Hi, peeps!!

Aw, Mary, I hope DD gets well quickly!

And I saw Linda on FB....she is doing a little at a time, still in pain with the foot, but is soldiering through it. Her brother will be coming in 4 weeks to help her for the final push.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Hello friends. I had a busy, but enjoyable weekend at work and I'm off now until the 4th. We are going to go visit my sister near Niagara Falls for a couple of days this week.

Today has been laundry and cleaning mostly. It's really hot and humid and there are severe weather warnings out, so my joints are protesting a bit. It's supposed to cool down overnight and be less humid tomorrow.

Mary, hope your dd feels better soon.

Well, back to vacuuming......

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I'm Mary, perfect description of the wedding makes you feel like were right there to. 

Joanne, Have a great vacation and safe travels!

Cindy, Enjoy your time off this week also. Safe travels to go visit your sister and have a great time.

Mary, Maya and I never did get to the looms. I got them out but no interest from her until this morning. I'm not sure we will have enough time to get something started as she is going home today. Hope DD is feeling better today. How cute Zack wants to talk to grandma on the phone. Good way to out smart the birds with picking your tomatoes early. 

Found out through facebook that two of my classmates(there married to each other) were coming home from Florida. I thought it was quite odd (as they are coming home for are class reunion net month), but no mention of why. Didn't find out until it was to late that it was for a funeral for there nephew, who I know quite well and would of gone to his funeral. He died suddenly at home at the age of 40. We worked together at the restaurant for a couple of years. He was a great kid. He was in the army for 10 years. His parents retired and moved up north (further north than we are) and he moved up near them when he got out of the army. His folks were regular customers of mine for all the years I worked there and customers before I was an employee there. My heart just breaks for them as he was there only child. 

I fussed away one afternoon trying to get my printer to cooperate with me to print my postcards out for the reunion. I used the same printer last year. I finally gave up a printed the message out 6 times on a piece of paper. I had to print in one corner, flip, print, repeat then cut two essages off and repeat again. Then I had to tape it onto the postcards. Ran out of tape so made a trip to the store then finally off to the post office. I have no idea why the printer wouldn't work for me. If my brother comes to the reunion I will have him come over and see if we can figure it out. If not I may print these out on printer in Texas as I have used that one to. 

I sat out by the lake and let Maya play in the lake while I crocheted on the baby blanket. Picked it up the next day and had to frog the 3 rows I did the day before. Normally on the v area of the ripple you leave 1 st on each side so that is what I did only to find out it was suppose to be 2 sts on each side. 

Hubby hasn't missed any of his pills and he ate pancakes and eggs sunday for breakfast and had no problems. So I think it was caused from him missing his night time pills.

Hope everyone has a great week!

• Like 1

Hi, peeps!

Hot and muggy here...welcome to summer in NJ....

I think I have my crochet mojo back....I found a new CAL: Fairy Tale Afghan Sampler CAL. It's just starting up and looks like a great stash buster!

BBL!

Here I am again...behind as usual. ;)

Cindy ~ Have a great trip to Canada!  I hope the weather is good and enjoy your time with family. :)

Judy ~ The CAL sounds fun...we want to see pictures, of course. :yes   Thank you for Linda's news. Keeping fingers crossed that her ankle heals quickly and that all goes well with the move.

Marlene ~ Maya must be so happy staying with you all and having the lake to play in is so special.  I'm so sorry about your friends losing their only child. :hug

I have an Etsy order for 14 (yes...14! :lol )  children's scarves!  I was thrilled to see the order and have a deadline of next Thursday for mailing.  It's chunky yarn and they go quickly - I just have to schedule my time and all is good.

Two packages came yesterday from Linda's prayer shawl group.  One was to my sister, Sue in c/o me.  My shawl ( the card said Linda made it!) is the softest, most gorgeous wrap I've ever seen or felt wrapped around me.  Beautiful blended colors and lovely stitches.  As tempted as I was to open Sue's package, I have resisted (so far  ;) )  and will send it on to her if we don't meet at our brother Michael's before long. 

Thank you, dear friends, for being here. :manyheart

• Like 2

Hi, peeps!

Mary, Linda is one of the most thoughtful people!! I still have the "hug" she sent me a few years ago when I really needed one....

I saw another post from Linda...her regular doc told her to see an ortho doc. She has an appointment next Wednesday and in the meantime is using crutches to avoid putting weight on her foot. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds....

I have a feeling I'm going to be getting back to multiple WIPS...lol! I hope to go through my stash for the CAL blanket...and also saw a nice shawl pattern as I was cruising...uh oh...

We had major T/storms last night. Poor Sparkie...Lucy gets in his face as he wanders the house trying to find a place to hide. Might get more this afternoon. I can't imagine how he would fare if we lived in the Midwest with the tornadoes!

Good morning. Our trip to Canada was great, except all that driving was exhausting. It was good to see my siblings as well as a few nieces and nephews, and a cousin that I haven't seen in many years.

I agree that Linda is a very thoughtful person. I also received a "hug" from her a few years ago. I sure hope her foot problem is not as bad as it's beginning to sound.

Mary, congrats on that Etsy order. I can imagine what a thrill seeing that order was.

Judy, I looked at that CAL. It's really a lovely blanket. I also saw a couple of nice shawl patterns while I was perusing the forum late last night. I particularly liked this one:

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/151522-fans-in-a-row-lacy-shawl-crochet-pattern-and-tutorial/

It's sunny here today, but cool, so it's probably a good day for me to get some gardening done. I'm enjoying having the windows open for a change, and hearing the birds.

• Like 1

Cindy, that's a gorgeous pattern...thanks for sharing!

And Mary, WTG on the big order!!!!!

Hi ladies,

Mary, Congrats on the Esty order.

Judy , I seen that cal and really like that afghan, but I have to many other things to do. I'll be watching.

Cindy, The last couple of days have been perfect weather wise.

We're going down to Melaine and Brian's for the weekend. Today I packed some stuff, did some cleaning then went shopping and got a haircut. I picked a cut off the internet and snapped a pic of it and sent it to DD. She liked it and suggested I get some highlights to. I didn't get highlights though. I'm thinking about it. Also went to the store. I thought going at night time would be better, but it wasn't as they were out of 3 things I wanted.

Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!!! We had a nice get away visiting with dd in Boston and then going to nh and Maine. I finally made it to Portland Maine which to me is a smaller Boston. I loved walking around down by the port and around all the small shops. And of course having a fresh lobster roll!!! I brought some homemade blueberry jam from Maine. They are known for their blueberries and I actually had some of the jam on waffles this morning. Yum!

Today is kind of a yucky day so I'm doing the laundry. We were originally going to come home today but decided to leave earlier because we weren't sure how the ride home would be due to the storms and hurricane Arthur I'm still off till Wed but DH goes back to work Monday.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Happy fourth everyone! I worked for several hours this morning. It was pretty slow, so I got to leave at lunchtime. We have been doing yard work, but we are going over to visit with the inlaws in a little while. I doubt we will brave the crowds in Grand Rapids to watch the fireworks tonight.

• Like 1

Not even 6 and fireworks....really?? I just went through two nights trying to comfort my Sparkie because of T /storms....

Judy, poor Sparkie. Is Lucy okay with fireworks? The fireworks have been going for the past few nights here. Sophie is not bothered by them, but the noise kept me awake so I went to work this morning on about four hours of sleep.

Morning peeps...

Cindy, Lucy is fine with fireworks, and the military rifle salute that takes place in the cemetery behind our house every Memorial Day. She runs to the sound of the shots, while Sparkie runs to get back in the house! He was in terror last night. I will have to get tranquilizers next year. He also got me up at 1:30 with a bad tummy upset. Too afraid to follow me out the side door, though....thank goodness we have tile on the laundry room floor is all I can say. Chicken and rice are on his menu for today.

The fireworks only ended about 11:30 last night but he was asleep by then, so I didn't get him outside then. I never really slept after that, so you and I really know what it's like to try and function on a few hours sleep ...if that much.

The last dog with issues like this was our Susie, but she wasn't half as bad!

Good morning ladies. Sun is shining, birds are singing. It's off to the grocery store for me. Dd, dsil and the grandsons are coming over tonight for a bonfire. I thought I'd go pick up s'mores fixings. Then I think it will be outdoor work. It's perfect weather for that.

Judy, we had a German shepherd growing up, and it was deathly afraid of thunder too. Back then you didn't hear fireworks all over, like you do now, but I suspect she'd have been afraid of those too. She used to hide in my moms closet, or cry by the sofa, until my mom moved it a way from the wall far enough for her to crawl behind it. It doesn't sound like our dog was anywhere near as scared as poor Sparkie though.

Cindy, yup....our Susie wasn't as bad as Sparkie....girls seem to handle it better, I think....

Enjoy your family time!

Hi House. :)

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful weekend and safe travels, too.  I'm glad your DH is doing better!

Cindy ~ So glad you had a good trip and were able to see a lot of your family!  S'mores sound really good. ;)

Judy ~ Aww, poor Sparkie. :hug  (and poor mom!)  Thankfully, not too many fireworks here last night.  As Gracie has gotten older, she has decided she is petrified of thunder and fireworks. :(

Joanne ~ Your trip sounds perfect!  Enjoy the rest of your time off. :yes

and Judy...Thanks for the "Linda updates."  I feel so bad that she's going through all this so close to moving time, but thankfully it sounds like she has lots of help.

HI to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH did something to his back and is not a happy camper.  If it's not better by Monday, we'll call the Dr.  So far, we're using cold packs or the heating pad and advil.

I just finished scarf # 9 - only 5 more to go. :cheer All the colors look so cute together.  DD thought this was such a great idea, she may do the same thing for Zach's birthday in October.  I said I would but I need a lot of notice. :lol

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good morning!!

What a gorgeous day yesterday was!!!! DH, dd, the boys and I went to a park where they have a "spray park" as well as age appropriate play areas. The boys had a ball and then dd showed us the house they have bought. It's still in attorney review so positive thoughts that it all works out!

Mary- wtg on the scarves!!! You are really cranking them out!!!

Judy. We had fireworks going off in my neighborhood again last night and I was hoping that it wasn't the case for you. I figure we are in for another round of them again tonight. Hope poor sparkie was able to get a reprieve last night. And of course you

Today is going to be another gorgeous day here. Nice, low humidity and warm. If only it could last!! Tomorrow the humidity is set to return.

Think we are heading to the beach this morning so I'd better get off the iPad and start getting ready

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Hi House. :)

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful weekend and safe travels, too.  I'm glad your DH is doing better!

Cindy ~ So glad you had a good trip and were able to see a lot of your family!  S'mores sound really good. ;)

Judy ~ Aww, poor Sparkie. :hug  (and poor mom!)  Thankfully, not too many fireworks here last night.  As Gracie has gotten older, she has decided she is petrified of thunder and fireworks. Poor Gracie! Does she like to be cuddled or does she hide? Sparkie tires to find a place he feels safe. Last night DH took Lucy into the bedroom because she was adding to Sparkie's stress by jumping on him and biting him as he roamed the upstairs. It worked better that way. He lay on the blanket at the top of the stairs and I sat with him and pet him till the fireworks were over. We all slept well afterwards...finally. Like Joanne says, one more night....last nights sounded like it was in our back yard it was crazy loud and deep. 

Joanne ~ Your trip sounds perfect!  Enjoy the rest of your time off. :yes

and Judy...Thanks for the "Linda updates."  I feel so bad that she's going through all this so close to moving time, but thankfully it sounds like she has lots of help.

HI to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH did something to his back and is not a happy camper.  If it's not better by Monday, we'll call the Dr.  So far, we're using cold packs or the heating pad and advil.

THATS WHAT DS WOULD RECOMMEND AS A FIRST TRY, TOO....I HOPE IT EASES UP. IT OFTEN JUST TAKES ALTERNATING HEAT AND COLD, AND TIME.

I just finished scarf # 9 - only 5 more to go. :cheer All the colors look so cute together.  DD thought this was such a great idea, she may do the same thing for Zach's birthday in October.  I said I would but I need a lot of notice. :lol

GREAT! I THINK YOU HAVE STARTED SOMETING....LOL!

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good morning!!

What a gorgeous day yesterday was!!!! DH, dd, the boys and I went to a park where they have a "spray park" as well as age appropriate play areas. The boys had a ball and then dd showed us the house they have bought. It's still in attorney review so positive thoughts that it all works out!

I HOPE THE HOUSE WORKS OUT!! That's exciting....

Mary- wtg on the scarves!!! You are really cranking them out!!!

Judy. We had fireworks going off in my neighborhood again last night and I was hoping that it wasn't the case for you. I figure we are in for another round of them again tonight. Hope poor sparkie was able to get a reprieve last night. And of course you

Today is going to be another gorgeous day here. Nice, low humidity and warm. If only it could last!! Tomorrow the humidity is set to return.

Think we are heading to the beach this morning so I'd better get off the iPad and start getting ready

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Enjoy the beach, Joanne. We thought about it, but being neither of us are sand people and the temp will be very high, we decided not to head there today. Keyport flea market and delicious orchards...

Have a good day my friends.

iPad posts...ugh. Anyway, Mary, I posted inside your own post.....you might not find it right away....

I requested a laptop for my December gifts...anniversary, birthday and Christmas all taken care of in one fell swoop!!! Much more fun in many ways....

iPad posts...ugh. Anyway, Mary, I posted inside your own post.....you might not find it right away....

I requested a laptop for my December gifts...anniversary, birthday and Christmas all taken care of in one fell swoop!!! Much more fun in many ways....

Not to mention how ds and dh will like the fact that one gift will cover all those occasions!
  • Like 1

It's another fairly low humidity day here, but definitely stickier than yesterday. It's not terribly hot though, right around 80 and breezy.

Joanne, fingers crossed for DD's house deal to work out.

Mary, hope dh feels better by Monday.

No big plans for us here today. Tomorrow, it's back to work.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Way to go on the scraves. Sure hope DH back feels better soon.

Judy,  Poor Sparky and you. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Cindy, Smores sound good. Hope you had a grand time with the family.

Joanne, Sounds like you had a nice vacation so far. Prayers for DD on her house.

I had a nice time at Melaine and Brain's this weekend. Hubby was under the weather part of it. I stopped on the way home and got him some pepto bismol. He slept until we picked up Maya. He feels better now. She tried making homemade potato chips and they didn't quite turn out. They were greasy so he thinks that might of been his problem. Saturday night we went to horse races. We enjoyed it even though we constantly had to get up to let people out. I think they must of bid on one race at a time. There was a horse there named McCool Marlene. So I bid 2.00 on her to win and she came in second. 

It's storming here right now and it's suppose to rain tomorrow to. 

Hope everyone has a nice week!

Good morning ladies. I'm up bright and early because it's a work day. I'm on call though, but I was already up, so I stayed up. I did not sleep well, and had decided to get up early anyhow. Sounds like there is a good chance of getting called in though. I don't actually mind getting called in, I just don't like to get up and get moving right away.

It stormed quite a bit late last night and it's quite gloomy and humid this morning. If Marlene is supposed to get rain, we might get some too, so I guess my sheets won't be dried outside.

Well, guess I'll go lay down again for a bit........