Our House Part Two

Hi Ladies,

I only went to 3 garage sales. I picked up an Afghan Season book for one dollar, a huge curling iron (which I used this morning and loved that it helped this thick hair), I picked DD some nice heavy glasses (hers are ruined from there water and or dishwasher) there for her new home. Maya and grandpa went to some garage sales and she picked up a Chloe doll and a couple bright colored hair add on pieces ( I forgot there exact name).

The reunion had a small attendance but it was nice. Some of my siblings and there families came over after the reunion. My great niece is here until thursday. She and Maya are having a great time together.

Tomorrow Maya will be a librarian tomorrow. 

Mary, Sorry DH is still having problems with his back. I hope the doctor gave him some meds and they are helping him. I hope your brother decides to stay where he is. Congratulations on the sale and a happy customer.

Joanne, It was cloudy and stormed all night so we didn't get to see the moon. Good news things are rolling along for DD and her husband on there house. My DD has things rolling right along to. Things that needed to be fixed are being fixed by the seller. They would of had to fix them to sell it to any one.

Judy, Such a sad story about that dog. 

Hope everyone in the house had a nice weekend and has a nice week.

• Like 1

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Good morning. Thought I'd drop by before I leave for work.

We had a nice quiet weekend. We got lots done around the house, (mostly outside), and I knit a dishcloth. Ds came for dinner yesterday. It's supposed to rain for the next three days so I'm glad we got a lot done in the yard.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning ladies :hi

It's raining out right now, we've been getting a lot of random showers lately.  They come fast and hard, but only lasting maybe a half hour :think  The word for that escapes me at the moment, lol!  But, I think today it will be rainy all day.  After my patients on Saturday, I ran out super quick because I went to the Zac Brown Band concert with Steph and a couple of friends.  Bean ended up having to work and was unable to go (and he was the one that instigated it) and since he already can't work next weekend for something else he didn't want to not be there this weekend since the job he's on right now is just him and one other guy.  So I finished with my patients at 2 and we were being picked up at 2:45!  I made it though, and with time to spare.  It was a good show, but I'm surprised at how many cover songs they played :think  They have a lot of their own stuff, yet I heard Metallica, Guns n Roses, Billy Joel.....Just thought it was weird since it was their concert :shrug

So yesterday I was up early, but after about an hour or so went back to sleep for a while.  Then I relaxed all day.  I caught up with Royal Pains from the DVR, finished knitting my first Christmas stocking for Beckett (which still needs to be seamed and lined), and worked on the cow blankie test pattern (which is almost complete).  Steph walked over to the strip and got to the counter at the produce stand to find out she forgot her wallet at the house, so I brought that down with her and then joined her for a couple drinks before I headed back to the house.  Bean joined her after he was done working.

That's about it. I have Averie and Sloan today (and Thursday) this week so they are watching the Disney channel on the ipad and I'm about to getting moving with my paperwork from the 4 patients from Saturday afternoon.

Be back later :ghug

Hi, Marisa,

Enjoy the kids!

You mentioned bringing Steph her wallet....do you walk to a lot of places? I was thinking that's how it sounds... I miss that. Raised in Brooklyn and Queens, then working in Manhattan, I was used to walking everywhere.

Hi Judy,

Yes, we do a lot of walking.  Their house is in a great location for that!  It's great because we don't have to pay to park AND nobody has to worry about driving home!  It's a win-win :) 

• Like 1

Hi ladies. Work was great today, busy but controlled which is how I like it. (Well, every once in a while is like the chaos and the adrenaline rush of having a really unstable patient......). No, I'm not odd, lots of critical care nurses feel that way.

I'm off work until Saturday now. I'm hoping that my ambition will kick in and I do some cleaning in the basement. There's a lot of stuff down there that needs to be donated.

Marisa, I'd love to be able to walk places. We can walk to a small grocery store, the vet and the car repair place, but our road is narrow and hilly, so visibility is poor and it's not as safe as I'd like. We live out in the country, so we are lucky to have these businesses close by. Particularly in the case of the vet, as our dog gets car sick. Not that it bothers her much, she likes to ride in the car.

Hi Ladies,

Were three miles from town so were not walking to anything. That's one thing I miss about living back home. We always went for walks, could watch the little league ball games while out on a stroll. The ball diamond is right next to the river and the island and the path to the ledges if you wanted to walk out to the park to. You can stand up on the bridge and watch the game. And now they have even put an extra wide path to walk through town and out and around part of the out skirts of town. 

Today was Maya's day to be the librarian. They had an opening so Hailee was able to do it to. They had fun and was treated to a chocolate candy bar when done. 

Then we went up to Gordy and Mary's so I could hook up there sons cable box to his tv. Charter went digital so every tv has to have a cable box. I picked one up last friday. We have to be try and block the cable box so the signal won't change the channel or shut one of the other tvs off. I called them about and the girl had no suggestion other than move one of them. Easier said than done. The next day are main tv went out. I spent hours trying to figure it out and couldn't so I called and was on the phone for almost an hour. They were going to send someone out and I said no easier for me to just return the box and get a new one. And I still have to call them back because are tv isn't picking up channels on HD. I'm wondering if they didn't reset that when they reset the box. I also had to replace the modem and we just got that in april. Two mornings in a row I had to reboot it and the router. Since the new modem no problems. There wasn't any until they went digital which was suppose to only effect tv channels. But since it all comes in through a cable I think it did something to the box. 

Mary found out she has 3 cysts near her kidney. They did blood test to check for cancer. She's pretty worried about it. Her sister is full of cancer and her uncle was having surgery to remove a tumor on his liver and he bleed to death. 

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Good morning. Gloomy outside at the moment. We had rain, but I didn't hear any thunder.

Marlene, sending good thoughts for Mary. Hope you get that cable stuff figured out.

I'm going to get a haircut this morning, and run a few errands. Then I'm going to start in on cleaning in the basement. Clutter, here I come!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Quick passing through...

Joanne, with the fan on high upstairs and the tv on, Sparkie was pretty good....just stayed close to mommy. By 11:30 the storms had passed so I was able to let him out for the night!

Cindy, good luck decluttering!!

Hi ladies :hi

Just a quick stop while waiting for my patient to get here.  I'm insanely exhausted today!  Only slept about 3 hours last night and for no good reason :(  So, I'm really feeling it today.  Did laundry this morning and just finished with 3 new patients a few minutes ago :clap

I think that's about all I got in me :ghug

Hi again!  I've read all of your posts and am trying to keep up. :)

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about your friend, Mary.  She and her DH will be in my prayers - they have had a rough time with health issues. :hug   I hope your cable mess gets worked out soon.  It can be so frustrating!

Judy ~ Are you still working on the CAL?  I'm glad Sparkie is doing better. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Yay for lots of new patients!  Have your parents found a new house yet?  I hope you sleep better tonight. :yes

Cindy ~ Basements are such a good place to put all the extra things - out of sight. ;)   We don't have them in most of Texas, but wish we did!

Hi to those I've missed, too.♥♥♥  Has anyone heard from Linda?  I mailed her a note, but really miss her posts. :yes

DH's back is finally improving.  He's been way too housebound, but it's been too painful for him to get out much.  And of course we all know that men are terrible patients. :lol

I'm working on another baby 'ghan for a friend of our neighbor.  It won't be through Etsy, but it's fun to have the sale! 

Have a good afternoon, everyone. :manyheart   (and this better work when I hit the post button! :))

Mary, yes, I'm still doing the CAL. I love the Eastern European look it has, so it's staying with me. It also goes with lots of the colors from the Attic24 pillow I made,

I'm waiting for a call from my neighbor...I think she wants me to make something...

And I just ordered the yarn for my goddaughter to make her college colors ghan. Pumpkin was hard to find so I found it at the red heart site, added the soft navy, found a coupon to add to it, and had it all sent directly to Alyson.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I haven't seen Linda on facebook in several days. I hope she's just busy packing. Thanks for the prayers for Mary and Gordy.

Cindy, How did the decluttering go? Thanks for the good thoughts for Mary.

Marisa, Glad to hear you are still getting new patients. 

Judy, Glad you found the yarn you wanted for your GD and a coupon to.

Joanne and everyone else hope your having an easy time at work this week.

Hailee went home this afternoon instead of in the morning. She was home sick and ask her parents to come and get her. It's the longest she's been away from home. I made some peanut butter fudge yesterday and sent her home with some. She asked if I would make some. I told her I only make it at Christmas time, but since we couldn't have Christmas due to the ice storm I had the ingredients so we would just say it's Christmas in July. The girls had a good time. 

Found out through facebook of 3 deaths this week. One was a friend but we haven't seen each other in years. We both moved away. One was one of my dads cousins. I didn't know here, but do know her sister (she comes to the reunion) and one of her daughters and her husband who also come to the reunion. The other one if you remember almost a month ago a young man I worked with died, while his grandma died. I know some of the family. They sure have had a rough year. 

We've been to the library every day this week. Yesterday Maya had book discussion and they seen the movie. Today was her normal day for the reading program. It was about airplanes. They made 3 different paper airplanes. I took my crocheting with me and got some crocheting done. 

DD has a closing date of August 4th on her house. She wants me to come and help her clean it and paint it. 

Hubby has an appt tomorrow and there is a memorial service for my friend so we will be gone most of the day.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. 

Hi, Ladies...a bit quiet here, but I think that happens with summertime...

I started a commission yesterday - a baby ghan. Round Ripple, of course, and in blues and white. I'm hoping for an adventurous mom to be in the future who will want bright colors - or someone having a girl! Lots of boy blankets lately.

Off to my Mammo appointment this morning. Not as bad as going to the dentist, but it ranks right up there, which is why I put it off for several months...lol! The dentist is next Tuesday for a cleaning.

Have agood day my friends - Miss you, Linda!!

Good morning ladies. It's a beautiful day here. Tomorrow heat and humidity return. It's my weekend to work and it's usually chilly in the ICU, so I might not mind a bit of heat when I get done.

I've been working on baby items. I made a white hat with detachable flowers for my nephews new daughter. I'm going to make a black hat too, and a couple more flowers. The flowers will button on. (I found a pattern that involved adding a button to a tiny hair clip, and then adding the flowers to the clip and then attaching the clip to the hat. I'm not sure where the advantage is to that extra step for a baby hat. It's not like a baby would wear a huge flower in any other way.). I haven't sewn on a button yet. A part of me wants the button to match the hat so that it can be worn as an all white hat. However, I think the white button looks too stark against the brighter flowers. Maybe I should just make a white flower. They work up fast, and are using up my odds and ends of yarn. I'm almost through with a pair of baby sandals as well.

post-6189-0-10247100-1405692097_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies :hi

Cindy - super cute projects :manyheart

Well, it's been a busy week :clap and it took me until yesterday to catch up for the weeks paperwork.  And am caught up today already.  So, I have a couple projects to share with you.  I have a market bag that I started on the plane when I went to Florida a couple weeks ago, just getting pictures done.  And, the Christmas stocking for Beckett (the neighbors that were super close with) and I'm still doing one for the parents as well.  Cynthia asked me last November if I'd do them for this year and I said yes!  These are knit....I didn't like any of the crochet patterns for stockings and it didn't help that nothing could live up to our own stockings at home, which were made by my mom's cousin, the same person that taught me to both knit and crochet, so I asked her if she'd want to share her patterns.  So she brought over her HUGE binder of all stockings and had a double in a book that had fairly easier patterns so she gave me her double, plus this pattern because she likes the bear for kids so I took her recommendation to heart :yes  After all, she has years of experience!  Anyways, it worked from the top down so the top of the bear is just a bit wonky/puffy at the color changes, but my friend Em gave me a 'consult' and corrected what I was doing so the bottom half of the bear lays better.  It still needs a pom pom at the tip of the toe, a hanging loop, and lining.

I also finished the cow security blankie that I just tested, but am waiting for confirmation that it's ok to post ;)

post-36814-0-27906900-1405704437_thumb.jpg

post-36814-0-48285800-1405704443_thumb.jpg

Marisa! Great work!! I really love that stocking!

Edited by judianne

Happy Friday!!!!!

Cindy and Marisa I love your projects. Marisa that knit stocking is awesome !!!! My dryer isn't working. DH tried to fix it but I think it's time for a new one so tomorrow ,it s off to the laundromat. Dd is coming down tomorrow and goes home Monday. We are celebrating Ryan s third birthday Sunday. I cant believe he is almost 3!!!! Where does the time go?

Time to figure out something to eat Have a good night

Edited by imanurse55

Marisa, your projects are great. The stocking is awesome.

Joanne, sounds like it's time for a new dryer. I really hate the laundromat, except that you sure get your laundry done fast there. Have fun with your dd and happy birthday to Ryan.

Edited by Gardener

Dd, sil and the boys came over and we went to the carnival around the corner at a local church. It was a nice surprise. Sil took off work tonight since they had the inspection on the house they are buying. We had fun!!!

Not looking forward to the laundromat, but we will do all the laundry including bedding and towels. Dd said I could use her dryer, but I think for tomorrow it'll be quicker to do everything at the same time We will start looking for a new dryer sooner rather than later I hope.