Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary, no projects are speaking to me...I do have a pattern I'm thinking of making .....tired of using scraps up, and this pattern is one I a

Ready have yarn set aside for....turquoise and black :)

I friended Linda on FB and I'll let her share her news... :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary – I’m sorry you’re having to deal with all this. ((HUGS))

We traveled to Michigan for a family wedding yesterday. It was nice and the girls enjoyed their sleepover with my parents. Today is Alicia’s birthday, so we’ve been celebrating with her. Chuck E. Cheese to play, Dairy Queen for dinner and ice cream.  And in about an hour we’ll do birthday cake.

Hi ladies. It's been a lazy day here. I read and finished that skirt I started a few weeks ago.

Mary, so sorry for all the rough things life is throwing at you. I'd love to meet up in Hawaii!,,

Back to work for me tomorrow. Not sure how I'm going to get up at 5:30 after 2 weeks if sleeping til 9 or later. Today I got up at 8 but it wasn't easy!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear what is happening now. Lots of hugs my friend! We are all here for you. 

Joanne, Sounds like you had a perfect weekend visiting with family and time with the boys.

Judy, Sounds like a nice outing today. That's a pretty blanket to. 

Sherry, Hope you had a nice time today at the air show.

Holly, Happy Birthday to your daughter. Your weekend sounds like a nice one to.

Cindy, Have a good day back to work tomorrow. 

Yesterday we had a nice time at the bridal shower. The ride was two hours each way. Had a nice visit with my sister and DD. Emme's mom is making Jocelyn's dress for the wedding. She made a protocol and sent it home with me to try on Jocelyn and measure it for the length or any adjustments. The dress was a perfect fit. DS and the kids came and stayed here last night then headed to Chicago today. 

Today was Karli's graduation open house. Hubby wasn't feeling well and stayed home. But Maya and I went and had a nice time. He feels better tonight. He missed taking his blood pressure and cholesterol medicine last night and I think that is what his problem is. I recorded what he ate today, his bp and that he missed his pills last night. Going to keep an eye on this and see if I can track it down. He's had this problem off and on for a long time and this is what the doctor would tell us to do so I'll just do it first. 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Morning, peeps!

Marlene, you sound like you're on top of things...I hope it was just missing meds that had hubby not feeling well. Yay for the dress fitting! My mom was a fantastic seamstress...and crocheter.

Holly, that all sounds like a perfect birthday party to me! So happy to hear the kids liked the sleepover. I'm sure they got spoiled...lol!

Cindy, I admire you for sewing for yourself. I haven't done that in eons! I should, though....haven't seen any casual skirts I like at all. Doesn't help that I'm short waisted, I'm sure... The first day back at work is going to be tough for you. I hope you can get to sleep ok. Sometimes that's hard, too, after being in vacation mode!

Have a good day, my friends.

Hi ladies. I had a super busy, but enjoyable day at work today. It rained here all day, but the sun is peeking through now. I did not sleep well last night, (probably subconsciously worried about being able to get up at 5!), and it's starting to hit me.

Judy, I made my skirt from an online tutorial for a 6 gore skirt. It was pretty easy. It called for an elastic waistband, just made by turning over a casing at the top. I added a waistband for a more finished look. Even with a bit of trial and error. I doubt I have much more than 2 hours into that skirt. I'm really pleased with both the fit and the shape of the skirt and I plan to make a couple more. When it's hot, I like to wear a skirt when I'm out and about since shorts are no longer a good look for me.

Marlene, hope hubby is feeling better today, and that it was just his meds.

I am scheduled to work again tomorrow. Hopefully I get more sleep tonight.

Have a good evening ladies.

Cindy, the only way I ever made skirts or my sons pants was with that elastic method! I have no,patience for anything more involved...lol!

Hi house!!

Went to craft club last night and tonight I plan on doing some knitting and reading and early bed. Lol

Cindy. Glad that you had a good vacation and that the return to work went well

Judy. I can't wait to hear Linda,s news!

Mary, Marlene sherry, Holly, Marisa and everyone I hope you are having a good week so far. Three more days and I'm off work for a week and two days. Can't wait!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Congratulations to DD getting a job! I think high school kids for art should be a lot of fun. Are you off to Boston for your vacation?

Cindy, Hope you were able to get a good nights sleep. I use to do some sewing. I did sewing in 4-H then the whole county had a date that we would model what we made. One year for Girl Scouts we didn't have enough girls for a group so one mother did sewing with us. I made a long vest with slacks out of small checkered material. That was quite challenging matching every one of those squares up.

Judy, DH is feeling better. I to hope that is all that is wrong.

It's been a rainy couple of days here, but it is suppose to get nicer starting today. We could be up to 90 this weekend. Maya and I have been playing sorry, and she's been reading. I got out my looms and today we're going to look on Pinterest to see if we can find something she would like to make.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Good morning peeps!

Joanne, congrats to DD!!!! Full time, too...that's fantastic.

I took out my Caron SS and am making the lemon peel stitch from Jan Eaton's book of squares. Maybe it's also called the moss stitch? Anyway, I like the look of it. It's for baby ghans ...again....

'Morning, everyone. :):rain  We've had rain for the last three days and we're supposed to have more today!  It's beautiful and I never get tired of it - especially this time of year. All our lakes are seriously low, so this will help!

Marlene ~ I'm glad your DH is better.  You and Maya always seem to have great projects going!

Joanne ~ Yay for your DD's new job. :yes   And I know you're looking forward to vacation time!  Are you planning anything special?

Judy ~ Your new afghan sounds super cute.  I just finished a granny square baby 'ghan for DD's friend, wrapped it and left it with DD and forgot to take pictures. :rolleyes 

Cindy ~ Yes, it would be hard to get up at 5 after your wonderful vacation!  I hope work is going well.

Linda ~ Where are you? ;)

Hi to those I've missed, too. :manyheart   We need to leave here at 8, so I'd better get moving!

Hi, ladies. I was just on FB with Linda...Marlene was there, too...and the good news is she has a nice apartment just 8 blocks from her DD and GS, but the bad news is, the ankle she thought was just sprained got so bad she had X-rays. There's tendon damage, bruised small bones and a fracture of the fibula. She's in a walking boot and is resting as best as she can....still not back in her apartment.

She did say she has lots of teenagers lined up to help her finish packing the apartment,

Mary, I tried staying away from FB, but that's the only way to keep up with what the younger ones in the family are up to...though there are times I'm sorry I learned some things...lol!

Hi ladies. Just got home from a meeting and am waiting for dinner to be done. I played with one of my sewing machines all day today. It had some issues at first, but I think I fixed them.

Linda, if you are reading, good news on the apartment, but big BOO on the foot. Hope it heals quickly.

Mary, lots of rain here the past few days too. It was raining in town when I left work, but not here. Dh said there was some thunder and lightening but not a drop of rain.

Joanne, congratulations to your dd. She must be really excited about that job.

Judy, I don't always like to crochet with Caron SS, because it's so splitty, but I love how soft it is. It's a great choice for a baby blanket.

Oven timer just went off. Hi to everyone else.

Hi House!  DH had two meetings in Dallas today, so we've been on the road again. ;)

Cindy ~ You are a better mechanic than I am. :lol   My sewing machine is used so seldom that I always have to get out the book to remember how to thread the bobbin! 

We had more rain last night, but it's all gone now...keeping fingers crossed that we get some the rest of the summer!

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Good morning ladies.. I'm sitting out on the porch with my coffee, enjoying the weather. It's supposed to be in the 90s and very gumid all weekend, so I thought I'd enjoy it while I can.

Mary, I'm working this weekend. Also, I'm not. Dry mechanical, I just got lucky.

I cleaned, did laundry and ran errands yesterday. Today I'm going to sew and crochet. It's past time to start back on my UFOs.

Have a great day, everyone.

Cindy ~ How are the UFO's coming along? ;)   I hope your weekend at work goes well.

Things here at home have been pretty quiet and I'm so thankful! :yes   We're staying with the little guys on Sunday so DD and SIL can have some time with friends sans kids.  Zach has two new words..."Hi and Bye." :lol  He points at mommy's cell and wants to talk, so he calls me several times a day. :c9

Hi all. I'm off work till the 9th!!!!! Woo hoo!!! Mani pedi in the morning bar-b-que in the afternoon, then packing. Going to see dd in Boston and my cousin in nh and go to Maine. Only taking a few days away and the rest of the time will be a stay cation with a trip to NYC one day perhaps and a trek to the beach. Playing it by ear. Tonight, I went to the LYS for the knit a long.

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend. Cindy I hope you have easy days at work :-)

We've been overwhelmed with tomatoes from our two Celebrity plants and one Cherry tomato plant!  We shared over a dozen with neighbors today. :)  We're picking them early and letting them ripen on the window ledge because Mr. and Mrs. Mockingbird have decided to have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :lol

post-10699-0-02135000-1404000498_thumb.jpg

Good morning, peeps!

Joanne, enjoy your vacation!

Cindy, good luck on the UFOs...your work is always so pretty...looking forward to seeing pics!!

Mary, good thinking, protecting the tomatoes!! Enjoy the boys today....

No progress on my baby ghan.

We went to a wedding on Friday...not sure if I mentioned it...it was a formal wedding celebration, with a beautiful, very meaningful ceremony, for our two friends just a couple of doors up from us. They two women have been together for twenty four years, have two children together. They were officially married the moment it became legal here in NJ back in Oct of last year but this was for friends and family, who came in from as far away as Hawaii. And to the surprise of no one except the brides, no one said no to the invitation! It was at a place overlooking the ocean, and the weather was sunny and clear, no humidity, and we all enjoyed the view from the outside deck before going inside for the festivities. A fantastic day with good friends....

Have a great day everyone!

Good Monday morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Your description of the wedding and party made me feel like I was there!  It's wonderful to have family and friends come together to celebrate such a happy day. :yes

We stayed with the boys yesterday while DD and SIL had brunch with friends.  By the time we left, DD was running a fever and crawled in bed, poor thing. :(   She was calling the dr. this a.m. and I should find out soon if I need to go over today.  Luckily, her DH can be home if need be - he's not in court this week.

I'm going to make and can some salsa...just to keep up with the tomatoes. :lol

Any more news from Linda?  I hope she's much, much better. :manyheart

Have a good Monday, everyone. :)

Archived