Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :hi

Steph and Bean went to the Pirates game last night (they have season tickets) and will be going tonight. They were already gone by the time I got home, but had dinner in the crock pot. I made some croutons since we have a lot of bread left from the weekend and since we buy it from the bakery every week, it won't last :no I also washed the towels and cleaned up the crock pot dinner. Watched some tv and started the border of my mcal ghan, but am not sure I can do what I want....I fear I'll get close to finishing the round and run out of yarn :eek But, I'm trying it out anyway :shrug:lol I'm a glutton for punishment :devil

This morning I stopped by the post office and got the rr sent off for my friend, which reminds me that I need to text her to let her know to expect it on Friday....that's pretty quick :think It was only $1 more than having it arrive Tues :lol Then I stopped by Bruegger's and got a Tomato Muenster bagel with lite veggie cream cheese for breakfast since it's next to the post office. Now I'm here chatting it up with you :hug

Kel - I still keep notes as I go so I remember what I want to say to everyone. If I don't then I forget and end up just saying hi :lol I'm horrible, I could be in the middle of a sentance and forger what I was going to say :blush:lol

Val - :hug I hope your headache and your left side are feeling better. Did you take anything?

Julie - Don't ya just hate having to cut out those spaghettios :eek Sorry you woke with an attack and a headache, I hope they're getting better as the day goes on :hug The wind stirs up all the dirt from the ground and then it gets into you when you breathe :hug

Cindy - Glad to hear you had a good day at work yesterday, just a meeting today and your off :bounce Enjoy your vacation and have safe travels. Will you be checking in at all while your away, or should we expect not to see you until you return? That knit scarf looks great and I'm saving that pattern for future use :manyheart

Faile - I dislike the solicitors too! You're right, they never listen :no I remember once I asked someone what part of no they didn't understand :eek:lol

Judy - How did the trip to the vet go yesterday? Oh boy, you're meeting up with Phyllis :bounce

Joanne - :yay for your Devil's hockey win. It seems to have fallen off the radar around here with the Pens losing :( Did you make progress on your blankets?

Marlene - I've never eaten at Bob Evans, but I like Maya's breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and bacon....right up my alley :wink Good idea to do your spring cleaning a bit at a time :yes

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Jude

OH BOY ! Donuts ! I like them ALMOST as much as cake. Get a big old creamstick,they're the best .

We went down to Amish country awhile back and they have a bakeshop down there that has the biggest creamsticks I've ever seen . They are probably as long as a ruler .

I love creamsticks,but couldnt eat one of those all in one sitting .

( * I'd stand up ,then sit down and eat the rest . ) :)

Please don't come home and say you didnt get a donut . :(

Been searching free kindle books yourself ? Find anything interesting ? I go in looking for them on occasion,but I have a bad habit of checking out a bunch of kindle library loans, then have to read them so they wont expire on me first !

Marisa

You sound like such a good helper at your sister's ,always cleaning ,cooking,etc. Too bad you can't move in here, you'd come in really handy !

There are also LOTS of empty places in our town you could use for an office. Our downtown is so sad . It was such a thriving community when I was a kid, but all the small town companies are closing up. Too much competition from the Big Dogs, I think .

I love those wee little stores and diners, old fashioned looking doctor's offices ... Sometimes I'd like to roll the clock back about 50 years and see it all again .

Do they not have Bob Evans restaurants over there ,or you just havent tried it yet ? I dont know if it's a regional type restaurant or if they are all over.We have one the next town over and their sausage gravy is absolutely PERFECT. I've never gotten anything there that WASN'T good .

Faile

Forgot to mention :

I have NO patience with door to door salemen, phone salesmen,and email salesmen .

I'm so crabby when salepeople come to our door-- we have a Cable TV guy whose job is to canvas a particular area of town, and we are in his area. He is hilarious ! He HAS to drop off his pamphlets at each house ,but I chewed him out so much ,he just hands me the paper,then RUNS down the driveway.

We sometimes get window and siding salespeople . I tell them it's against the law to go door to door in our town (which it is ) .

The only ones I DON'T get angry with are the homeless guys . They bring them here by van,then hand them each a Pringle's can with a hole in the lid. They wear nametags with pictures on them, to show they are legitimate charity people. I ALWAYS give them money, I feel so sorry for them . The last guy who came looked like he had the most awful life EVER . Kind of a cross between a Barn Cat and a horse who had been rode hard and put away wet too many times. Very skinny, scraggly looking hair and clothes. I was SO close to inviting him in, giving him some clean towels and letting him take a shower ,giving him some of Sam's clothes (which would have looked like a TENT on him ,being so skinny . Making him a big old hamburg and a slab of cake . I would have even given him the LAST slab of cake . Wow, was he sad.

The only thing stopping me from this plan ? Sam would have had a heart attack . He is ALWAYS reprimanding me for trusting these homeless guys ,opening the door when I'm home alone ,talking to the guys . I probably trust them too much I guess, but I've never been afraid of them .

Now, we DID have 2 guys awhile back that I called the cops on . They didnt have the pringle cans. They didnt have the nametags. Their SHOES probably cost as much as my yearly wardrobe. Nice clothes , haircuts, etc.

I KNEW they were not homeless . When I called the cops ,they asked what direction they were heading,because SEVERAL people had called and turned them in. They were also HUGE ! Really tall, like basketball players,big muscles. They just looked SCAREY .

Hope the cops got them .

Well, off to stand up . Will stop in later .

Joanne - Hopefully things will slow down and you can have a quiet evening on this humph day.

Julie - No headache today. The leg is a little better. I can walk much better on it. However, there's a slight dull ache. I think it could possible be the sciatic. I hope you feel better soon.

Judy - Good for you and Phyllis getting together. What's your plans after dusting the downstairs? Any hooking in the forecast?

Marisa - The headach is gone but I still have a nagging ache down the left leg. I've been taking motrim.

Cindy - What a way to end work before a long vacation. Praying for safe travels, lots of fun and plenty of rest and relaxation.

Faile - I've experience the yarn problem and I've had to hang up on a few phone solicitors.

Marlene - I've gotten side tracked with my spring purge. I've been dealing with this leg pain and the Bama afghan. I received an order for an "Auburn" blanket after posting the letters on facebook. State rivalry. I told her I needed to finish this one so that I could know exactly what I need to charge and she would know if she still wanted to make the purchase. I don't think money is a problem with her.

Tab - I hope your family drama is under control and you're getting some me time.

Kelly - I have to make notes as well. What are you working on today?

Have a great day Housemates!!!

BBL!

Hi Val

Glad today is better for you than yesterday .

You do beautiful work,so it's no wonder you already have a second order for an afghan before your first is done . I bet this one is time consuming,isn't it ? I've never attempted the graph-ghans. They look like you'd need patience to do one,and I am greatly lacking in that .

Good morning everyone. It's another sunny day and a bit warmer and windy. Rosie and John got home at 5:15 last night. It is soooo good to have them home again. Rosie and I both missed each other tremendously. We visit with each other almost daily so a week feels like forever. They looked at some condominiums while in Colorado and may make an offer on one to use as a vacation home so they can spend time with both daughters.

John took Kim to her doctor appointment which went well and took her out to supper. He's doing more of the appointments and other things that I have been doing, but that's okay as he'll have to do them when I move out and it's just the two of them.

Still no word from Gael. I getting very worried about her.

Linda, Sorry Gael isn't holding her end of the deal up. Maybe she sees what is going on and don't want a part of it now. I do hope she is okay.

I'm pretty sure she had decided not to go with them to Texas, but the last we talked she was still planning to stay here and help out until then.

We had a fun weekend. We met DD and Maya saturday afternoon in a little town. They have a pawn shop there and they had all there bikes lined up on the sidewalk. DD bought Maya a 20" last year for her birthday and it is still to big for her. She's very wobbly. So I said we would get one in at a garage sale. We found a 16" at the pawn shop for 15 bucks.

Great pick up on the smaller bike for Maya.

Sunday we met MIL, BIL and a niece who moved to Florida. She said it is much different living there and vacationing there. She didn't like the traffic at spring break time. And she isn't finding to many people there age. I told her when her son who is 3 goes to school she'll find lots of people near her age. She also shared with MIL and me that she thought she was going through menopause so she went to the doctor. Told them all that was going on and come to find out she is pregnant again. She wasn't expecting it and is truly upset about it. This will be her 4th. She has 3 boys 19, 11 or 12 and the 3 year old. She said this is the sickest she has ever been. She has been sick on the couch missing work because she can't function. The doctor gave her some nausea medicine. She gets up in the middle of the night and takes it so she can not be sick and can go to work. I told her maybe she is having a girl this time.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she's having a girl with such different symptoms from when she had the boys. Hopefully she'll be happier once she gets over the shock and surprise.

Maya and I spent sunday together in my hometown. There's a river that runs through town. There use to be 7 islands but not any more. They use to be the place to be in the day. There was a hotel on one and housing. Hubby lived there when he was a baby. Today there is one that they use. They hold the Island Art Fair there and the October festival. Maya and I walked it and I enjoyed seeing all the people whose property backs up to the river and they use it even though it is a big hill to climb up and down. There has been a new home built by the river and they have a nice set up. They even have a mannequin dressed like a man standing by the tree like he watching you. They built a big gazebo many years ago and it is still there. My kids Uncle and Aunt got married there. I told Maya that is a nice place for a wedding. We seen ducks sunbathing, some in the water and some geese protecting there property. A couple of other geese flew in and they let them know they weren't wanted guest. Two of them chased them up in the yard and went after them.

The river boat was tied up to the island. My ex inlaws use to play on it. MIL played the piano and FIL played the banjo. It was nice sharing that with Maya. I'm sure she has seen pictures but now she has really seen it. I had the camera in the car so I took lots of pics. I told Maya we will have to go back in the fall with all the trees showing there beauty.

At the end of the island you can see the train trussel that crosses near the park. Lots of kids have crossed that and some have been chased by a train. And some have fallen off of it.

I showed Maya the trail some people were walking that you pick up down town and can wall it to the park. I told her some day she should have her Mom take her on it.

I showed some of the ledges what we could see from the island. There are many more on the trail to the park to see. My hometown is known for the ledges.

Sounds like you and Maya had a great time.

I've spent the weekend with my boyfriend's parents which was lovely. They hadn't been to stay at our house before. I love having people around! Unfortunately it rained most of the weekend but we did get to go out walking (in between showers! Managed to find shelter when it did rain so didn't get too wet). It was nice.

Bit of an anti-climax yesterday though when my dad called and said my mum's been rushed to hospital because they thought she had a blood clot :-( After driving to the hospital as fast as we could, waiting for 7 hours while they did tests the doctor finally came back and said they couldn't find what was wrong. But her hand had turned blue which was what caused them to think it was a blood clot. So we're still none the wiser really. But luckily it doesn't seem to be anything serious, although they still don't know why her hand has changed colour like that. I'm taking her back to the hospital tomorrow morning so hopefully all will be well then!

Glad you had a nice weekend and hope that they figure out what's going on with your mom soon.

I read the post but can't remember everything with this headache and my entire left side from the hip down is in serious pain.

Oh, dear. Hope you're feeling better today. :hug

Gotta get supper started soon . Those little O's in the Spaghettios don't cut themselves out. It takes me at least an hour to cut out enough of them for a meal .

Will check back in later. Nasty breathing day today. You'd think when it is WINDY outside , I'd have EXTRA air to breathe in,but it does the opposite . Windy days are REALLY bad . You can't SEE anything in the air, but it feels like your lungs are filling up with sand.

When it's windy it shakes extra pollen off the trees and picks up more off the ground and puts it all back in the air so that it's like getting a triple dose of whatever is in season. Have you thought about wearing a mask when you are outside? They can really help during pollen seasons.

Off to find my TINY Spaghettio Cutter .

You crack me up! :rofl :rofl :rofl Good luck with the Spaghettio cutter.

I will be home alone this evening. DD is working and dh has a meeting at church. I plan to listen to a book and knit, maybe do a load or two of laundry. (I'm knitting a scarf from this pattern.) Very easy and it actually grows faster than a lot of knit patterns because of the drop stitches. I just started it on Sunday evening and its already a foot long.

Love the look of the pattern. I saved it. A bit wider and it would make a lovely prayer shawl. I think I'm going to try that next. Hope you have a wonderful vacation in the Smokies.

It's in a ball sitting there waiting patiently while I give it the evil eye every now and again. I'm thinking about forgiving it, but not quite ready to pick it up again yet.

I was rather impolite to some door to door sales people a little bit ago. From a company that does the lawn treatments. They just didn't listen. Told them I didn't think it was worth the money and that I preferred a more natural look. So then they go into a spiel about having a natural treatment line. OMG. I said natural LOOK. You know, I LIKE the dandelions, violas, and creeping charlie! Not that I want some "natural" expensive way to get that uniform grass that the next door neighbors have. So part way through the spiel I said goodbye and closed the door on them. I really need to put up a no solicitation and no proselytizing sign on my door (with an exception for girl scout cookies).

Good for you. You do have to be a bit nicer to that poor ball of yarn, it's going to get a complex and never be able to behave.

Marisa

You sound like such a good helper at your sister's ,always cleaning ,cooking,etc. Too bad you can't move in here, you'd come in really handy !

There are also LOTS of empty places in our town you could use for an office. Our downtown is so sad . It was such a thriving community when I was a kid, but all the small town companies are closing up. Too much competition from the Big Dogs, I think .

I love those wee little stores and diners, old fashioned looking doctor's offices ... Sometimes I'd like to roll the clock back about 50 years and see it all again .

Do they not have Bob Evans restaurants over there ,or you just havent tried it yet ? I dont know if it's a regional type restaurant or if they are all over.We have one the next town over and their sausage gravy is absolutely PERFECT. I've never gotten anything there that WASN'T good .

Well, off to stand up . Will stop in later .

I try to earn my keep since they are supporting me for now. They are very good to me :yes We never had a Bob Evans near my hometown, although there's one about 20-25 minutes away now. There is one near my office here in Pitt, but I just never went. There are so many other places around that I haven't felt the need :lol

Marisa - The headach is gone but I still have a nagging ache down the left leg. I've been taking motrim.

Have a great day Housemates!!!

BBL!

At least you're feeling a bit better. If I was nearby I'd have you come to office for a treatment :wink

Good morning everyone. It's another sunny day and a bit warmer and windy. Rosie and John got home at 5:15 last night. It is soooo good to have them home again. Rosie and I both missed each other tremendously. We visit with each other almost daily so a week feels like forever. They looked at some condominiums while in Colorado and may make an offer on one to use as a vacation home so they can spend time with both daughters.

John took Kim to her doctor appointment which went well and took her out to supper. He's doing more of the appointments and other things that I have been doing, but that's okay as he'll have to do them when I move out and it's just the two of them.

Still no word from Gael. I getting very worried about her.

Glad to hear that Rosie and John made it home safely :clap I sure hope Gael is alright too :xfin

Is John going to be working in Texas? It's good to hear that he's starting to get used to doing things himself :yes

The guys are here working on the gutters, back deck, and siding in back today. It's driving the dogs nuts. I'm getting so very tired of having to do packing after caring for Kim all day. :( But there's not a lot left. Thank goodness.

Kelly, I forgot one of my sewing machines when I was counting how many I have. I have an old treadle sewing machine of my grandmother's. It needs a new band but otherwise in is good working order. I even have all the attachments for it in a hinged wooden box. And the printed instructions for how to use them. :D

Marisa

If you get the chance give Bob Evans a try. They are mainly known for their breakfast I think ,at least the one near us gets the biggest crowds then,but their other meals are good too .

Linda

Sure hope you get things done there soon. It sounds in your voice like you are starting to get burnt out and REALLY tired of all this extra work .

I figure Gael is ok ,and no harm has come to her. She may have started drinking too much again if under the pressure of John constantly on her about stuff. She is probably intentionally staying away and not answering her phone is he has tried reaching her. She probably remembered what it was like there and decided to bail out before she got in any deeper .

Val

I'm guessing maybe they might not have Bob Evans down there where you are. Do you guys have Cracker Barrels close ? I LOVE their food. So good ! I'd say theirs is a little better than Bob Evans,but they kinda compare to be the same type restaurant ,I think. Kinda home-style cooking.. Country breakfast type stuff like gravy and biscuits and home fries ...all those type foods . Price wise they are probably about the same too .

Linda - thanks for the love. I'm glad you have your pal Rosie back. I hope Gael is okay. Linda, will you still reach your goal and be done by this weekend?

I think I'll still make it, but it sure would have been easier if Gael had been here to watch Kim this week. I've now got 3 of 6 bookshelves cleared and moved under the house. John wanted the bathroom downstairs cleaned before Lois comes to help tomorrow so that's on the schedule for tonight after he gets home. I want to clear the other 3 bookshelves so the the guys working on the outside of the house can help me move them under the house tomorrow, too. I think that there are only about a dozen more boxes to go through under the house. I boxed up a box of kitchen things today with towels for padding. That one turned out to be heavier than expected but I got it moved.

I started to put my crochet thread in a medium box yesterday and it wasn't big enough! :eek Had to go to a much bigger box. I REALLY didn't realize how much thread for crochet I had! :lol The medium box should hold the yarn that's left. I think. :lol

I am tired, but John wants to list the house on May 1st. I think there's a lot that still needs to be done upstairs and outside before then, but it's his house and his decision. I think he's in for a big shock as far as how long it will take to sell and how much he'll get for it. The housing market here in Georgia is flooded with houses for sale, and that includes our area. And even if you find a buyer it's certainly not a sure thing that they will be able to get financing. The bid for how much it would cost to do what he wanted to the house in Texas also came in at 3 times more than what he expected, which was another shock. Don't know what he'll do about that.

My netbook shut off for updates and rebooted...I'll try and remember everything.

No donut, Jules - we had them over the weekend!:D

No hook time either - I'm tired and just reading....

And Sparkie had some "man" issues - hopefully the antibioics from the vet will eliminate the problem.

Off I go for the night - Love you all!

Hello everyone. Our internet was down again all day, so I'm behind. Not sure what the problem was this time. They installed a new modem, but we just got a new one about three weeks ago also.

I'm busy packing so I am going to say good night. I am not sure how much I will be able to check in on vacation. We are not taking a computer, so I will be limited to my phone or my Nook Color, and I have a terrible time posting more than a few words from either one of those devices. I will be reading the thread every day though.

Have a safe trip and fun vacation, Cindy!

I read through all the posts, but didn't get in till7:30!!!! It was a day full of stress and tomorrow will be more of the same. Things should calm down a bit again on Friday.

Suffice it to say, by brain is tired!!!! Just wanted to say hi- and now I'm going to hook to de-stress for a bit- and call it an early night!!!

Cindy - Safe travels. Enjoy your vacation. We'll look forward to fun details when you return.

Joanne - Sorry you're having to deal with stress. Hopefully, you will have a relaxing weekend.

I've started on the middle of the Bama ghan. It's going to be the football field in the school's color. The lettering is the end zone.

Have a good night Housemates.

Hi everyone! So sorry to be missing out on so much lately, but I've been lurking and trying to keep up! Luke was here again yesterday and today. DD is sooo busy picking out everything for the rooms they are having remodeled and it's pretty hard to do with a 2 year old. :lol She's about finished...appliances purchased, tile, granite, lighting and paint colors picked out. I hope to have some time starting tomorrow to catch up with you all and with everything else. ;)

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful vacation! :manyheart

Have a good evening. :)

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Have a safe, relaxing and a wonderful time on vacation.

Val, Glad your feeling better.

Julie, My sister had a lady knock on her door asking for money for gas. She said she ran out. My sister was broke, newly separated at the time and she gave the broad her last 5.oo. Then she watches out the window and sees a man pick her up. I bet she made a lot of money that day. At that time she lived in a big city (Lansing). I wouldn't give anyone any money that came knocking on my door like that.

My son had a young lady approach him at the gas station right after he is almost ex took the motor home from him asking for money as she run out of gas. We were on the phone and I heard the whole conversation. He had less than 10.00 on him and he bought her a gallon of gas. Her she had some man with her. We ended are conversation and I told him be careful and call me right back because if he didn't I would be calling the cops with the store and tell them where he was at. All was safe though.

Joanne, September won't come quick enough for you with all these long days.

Judy, Don't hear Dunkin Donuts mentioned to much anymore with all these other coffee shops. Nice that you Phyllis had a meet up. Did you girls just chat or did you do some crocheting together.

Marisa, I bet your sister appreciates you being there with all that you do around the house. It certainly helps her out. I think your both lucky to have each other. I have two sisters and I know I could live with one of them for a long time but no to sure about the other one. I have 5 brothers and one I could live with, one I would if I needed to and the other 3 forget it.

Faile, Sorry that yarn was such a mess. Scouts are the only soliciters I like to see at the door to.

Maya joined the Daisy's (girl scouts). She is in the Memorial Day parade. Her Mom will probably have to work so I was called on. Then a couple days later she graduates from Kindregarten so I will be there at the end of May.

Had to go get my license plate tab today and hubby got his plate for his motorcycle. He has his permit and is taking his class on the 12th of May.

Washed bedding today so I have to go make it. Hubby starts golfing with 2 of his brothers tomorrow. I'm going to look in the morning and see if there are any garage sales I can go to until time to go to the dentist.

I'll catch you either tomorrow night or friday.

Have a nice night and great thursday!

Good morning!

I hit the sack early last night and didn't do a stitch of crocheting! But I catch some zzz's which I desperately needed!

Judy and Phyllis- Hope you had a nice time meeting up (insert jealous smiley here);)

I'm heading in early today- lots to do--and then I'm seriously considering a nap after work so I can watch the Devils Game 7, which I just found out doesn't start till 8:30:eek

Oh,I think I forgot to tell you all that I'm taking a Tunisian crochet class this Saturday taught by Mary Beth Temple who wrote the book "Hooked for Life-Adventures of a Crochet Zealot". I'm really looking forward to it!!!:)

Hope you ALL have a good Thursday!

Good morning, Thought I'd check in here before we leave, since dh is not up yet, so I don't want to make too much noise. I don't have much to do before we go.

Joanne, Tunisian crochet looks so neat to me. I've tried it a few times, and I understand the concept and how it is done. What I don't get is how to make your work look nice and even. That must come with practice. Enjoy the class. Hope the business at work settles down soon too.

I finished two projects last night, a baby dress and a dishcloth. I also knit several more inches on that scarf. Julie, I think you asked yesterday what color I was using for the scarf. I am using a variegated that has blues, purples and greens in it. It was a leftover from another project.

Marlene, hope you find some good garage sales. I will be missing two neighborhood sales here while I am gone. One is a subdivison near my house, and the other is known for its great deals. Oh well, I don't need a thing. (I just like to look)

Val, the bama ghan sounds like its going to be another great piece of work.

Judy, hope Sparkie "issues" clear up quickly.

Linda, don't exhaust yourself with the packing. Any signs of Gael?

Good morning to everyone else, Mary, Marisa, Faile, Kel, Kellly, Shannon, Tab, and everyone else.

Hi Cindy

Thanks for checking in before you leave. It's ok if you can't post while you're gone. It IS much easier if you have a computer handy . When we got to reunion, the only way I can post is if we go to the library in town and use their internet. The little motel we stay in doesn't offer internet service .

Your colors for your scarf sound pretty .Are you bringing it or anything with you to work on ?

Have a wonderful time on your trip . Take some pics of the scenery for us !

Joanne

Hope the weekend arrives quickly for you so you get some rest . That tunisian crochet looks so pretty ! I bet it'll be a fun class to learn .

Jude

Even if you didnt get a donut, I bet you had a nice visit with Phyllis . Hope Sparkie's "parts" are better today . :blush

Val

Sounds like you are making good progress on the aafghan .Can't wait to see it when its done !

Hope you are doing well today .

Mary

It's ok if you dont have as much time to drop in now. I know keeping track of a 2 year old takes a lot of concentration . It sounds like your girl is having fun choosing all the colors, etc for their new place. I always liked doing that type of stuff when you move, picking out paint colors etc .

Lots of fun . :)

Marlene

Thanks for the update on the latest scam -- havent had people ask for gas money yet,but if it's happening there, it probably is all over. That's pretty low to do that to people when they really dont need the help . It's taking advantage of the kindness of strangers . I dont know how people can sleep at night knowing they have lied and cheated people .

Do they call all the little girl scouts Daisies now ? We were called Brownies back when I joined up ,We had little brown dresses and beanie type hats .

Sounds like you will have 2 fun events coming up with Maya ! Take some photos !

Not much on tap for me today other than I am going to see if I can get in to my asthma guy . This crap in the air is smothering the life outta me. Spring is apparently gonna be the hardest time of year for me -- I had to go to him 3 times last spring to get the meds rearranged so I could breathe better .

Cam is coming tomorrow after school, as usual . Guess I'll need to see what groceries to pick up today so he can have his usual favorites .

You all have a good day .

Hi, peeps!

Cindy, have a great vacation!

Mary, you're going to miss Luke when he has to go back!

Have a great day, my friends - off to run an errand before seeing my 18 yo goddaughter so I can personally hug her and congratulate her for getting admitted to Syracuse U. and their classical voice department.

I'm so proud of her :):manyheart

Later, gators:hug

Good morning everyone. The weather has changed yet again. Mostly cloudy skies, windy, and supposed to get into the mid 80s today and high 80s by Saturday. Lois, a friend of John's, is coming over today to help with Kim so that I can do more packing and cleaning. This afternoon we'll take Kim downstairs so she can supervise and laugh at us as we work. Lois is coming again tomorrow, too. I have hopes of getting at least one day off this weekend, but if not this weekend then all of next weekend.

And Sparkie had some "man" issues - hopefully the antibiotics from the vet will eliminate the problem.

Poor Sparkie! Hope the antibiotics do the trick quickly.

Hello everyone. Our internet was down again all day, so I'm behind. Not sure what the problem was this time. They installed a new modem, but we just got a new one about three weeks ago also.

Bummer!

I'm busy packing so I am going to say good night. I am not sure how much I will be able to check in on vacation. We are not taking a computer, so I will be limited to my phone or my Nook Color, and I have a terrible time posting more than a few words from either one of those devices. I will be reading the thread every day though.

Have a wonderful time, Cindy. :hug

I read through all the posts, but didn't get in till 7:30!!!! It was a day full of stress and tomorrow will be more of the same. Things should calm down a bit again on Friday.

Suffice it to say, by brain is tired!!!! Just wanted to say hi- and now I'm going to hook to de-stress for a bit- and call it an early night!!!

Hope today goes better than yesterday. :hug

I've started on the middle of the Bama ghan. It's going to be the football field in the school's color. The lettering is the end zone.

This is going to be so very special.

Hi everyone! So sorry to be missing out on so much lately, but I've been lurking and trying to keep up! Luke was here again yesterday and today. DD is sooo busy picking out everything for the rooms they are having remodeled and it's pretty hard to do with a 2 year old. :lol She's about finished...appliances purchased, tile, granite, lighting and paint colors picked out. I hope to have some time starting tomorrow to catch up with you all and with everything else. ;):)

Sounds like DD is having a good time making choices. The house should look great when they are done. And you're right, it's much easier without a 2 year old busily getting into everything the minute your back is turned.

Not much on tap for me today other than I am going to see if I can get in to my asthma guy . This crap in the air is smothering the life outta me. Spring is apparently gonna be the hardest time of year for me -- I had to go to him 3 times last spring to get the meds rearranged so I could breathe better .

Cam is coming tomorrow after school, as usual . Guess I'll need to see what groceries to pick up today so he can have his usual favorites .

You all have a good day .

Hope the asthma doc can help you out with your breathing. :hug One of the things I miss being here in Georgia is not being close to my only grandchild. It's hard not seeing him grow up, but Northern winters are just not good for me any more.

Have a great day, my friends - off to run an errand before seeing my 18 yo goddaughter so I can personally hug her and congratulate her for getting admitted to Syracuse U. and their classical voice department.

I'm so proud of her. :):manyheart:hug

That's fantastic Judy. :clap:clap:clap

Archived