Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just dropping into say good night. Work tomorrow.....

I hope you have a easy and wonderful day at work!

Sorry about the headaches Julie and Val!!!

The SBT is so quick to make Val! Love the pattern- I gifted quite a few of them last Christmas, and like Marisa I lined most of them!!! I already got my Charisma bulky yarn out to do the next one. And I still have the wool SBT that needs handles and then felting. I've got to get the baby blankets done first though and my reward, will be working on something for me- ie. felted tote and shawl that is about 85%done

I wish that was all I had waiting to be finished!! Hope you're having a great Friday!

I love those bags! Lovely colours too!

Hope everyone's OK today! Any plans for the weekend?

My boyfriend's parents are coming to stay with us this weekend. It's the first time they've been to stay at our house since we moved in. Quite excited! Although we're going to be sleeping on camping beds in the spare room because they'll be in our bed and we're using the spare room as an office (and haven't got round to getting a bed yet). It will be nice to have them come to stay at our house though. Our old place was far too small to have anyone come stay really. Not really sure what the plans are yet though!

Hope you all have a great weekend! :-)

Sit back and enjoy your company. I plan to crochet and if I can make myself put it down for a while, I'll go back to purging.

Morning ladies

Happy Friday, Joanne !

It'll be good to have a few days off ,won't it ? I hope your weather is nice over that way .

Not much new since last night to report . Never got Cam's favorite foods yesterday,so I need to do that today . I did go to the store, but spent my money on other stuff ,so need to go today and get the necessary items, like food .

We have plenty of it already,but Cam always asks for the exact same things when he comes up,so I always try to have them all here for him . He DID ask for a different flavor of ice cream than usual. His favorite is mint, but he wants cookies and cream .

It's funny, he called last night before bed and asked if I was excited to watch Batman with him. We have our Saturday routine that we watch old episodes of Batman(the one that was on when I was little ) . They have 2 on Saturday night so we always watch them together . It's a corny show, but I remember watching it as a kid,and Cam likes it too, even though it IS corny .

He definitely is a creature of habit and likes routine ,so maybe that's why he likes it here. We do the exact same stuff every single day .

Well, guess I'll get off here a bit and get my day started . Will stop back in later this morning .

Julie, I watch those 2 episodes of Batman as well:blush:D. We have a station called "ME TV" that shows all those old shows and I spend a lot of time on this station. Have fun with Cam this weekend.

I'm hoping all the Housemates are having a good Friday! Off to do "something."

BBL

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. I started on the news yesterday and never got caught up and never got back in. I made another run to Goodwill last night with the car so packed that I couldn't close the hatchback. I made a huge dent in the stuff under the house yesterday.

Then picked up something for supper and went to my prayer shawl group. And one of my friends there asked I'd be interested in sitting with her father who has Alziemers. Another option and one that I'd seriously consider if for no other reason than that she's a wonderful lady and a friend. Jenny, her daughter, had said she was going to mention it to her mom. When I hadn't heard anything, I thought it was a no go, but then last night it turned out to be a go after all. Looks like I'm going to be able to pick and choose what I do. I am getting so very excited about having options again. :D

Good Morning.

Wow, how time slips away......I can't believe my last post was in the beginning of the month. :eek I obviously cannot catch up to all those posts, so i'll just start off by asking how ya'll are? I hope everyone is healthy & happy. :manyheart

I did finish the tummy time ghan.....for now anyways. I didn't add the shapes yet because he's too young fore those right now. I figure I can add those later. Picture below. I also had cakes to bake for Darius's 13th bday....we always make 2. Jadens bday is this weekend too, so I have more to make. I'm making Jaden cupcakes though....less work plus he wants to share them at Junior Chapel.

Beautiful cakes and 'ghan.

Oh, some big news.....I'm starting school again on May 1st for my bachelors in health care management. I decided i'm going straight through to complete my masters degree. I'm scared, but i'm going for it. :cheer

Congratulations and good luck with the program. That combination should make you very marketable.

And here's an update on Elijah....he is doing well, sleeping better (way better), & growing like a weed.

What a lovely little boy! I'm so glad that the colic is over and he's sleeping better.

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit late thanking everyone for the welcomes so coming back to say it now. Thank you :)

I have the afternoon off work so I'm trying to do some crocheting (haven't done any in about two weeks because of my burnt fingers and then getting an infection). Thought I would try to do some more of a blanket I'm making for my car this afternoon while all is quiet (very unusual here lately!) but my shoulder aches. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but it's been aching when I've woken up for a few days. Think it's a strained muscle or something. Anyway, holding the hooks a bit sore so think I'm going to cook dinner and try again later.

I hope everyone's having a good week so far. We bought our house last May and are only now getting round to finishing the decorating. My boyfriend... likes a challenge :lol and wanted to try to do the decorating himself. We've done all of it ourselves and I'm quite proud of it. We started the week after we moved in properly (in June some time). We took a couple of weeks off work and worked on it solidly. Then I think we burnt ourselves out a bit. We got two rooms done and were just exhausted, couldn't face doing anymore then it was left till now. Oops! Anyway. The hallway was a bit of a bomb site. The surveyors found damp which was treated before we moved in. However they had to pull the plaster off the walls in the living room and the hallway, re plaster it and there was a huge mess everywhere. The living room wasn't that difficult but in the hallway they only stripped half the wall so we've spent weeks just stripping and cleaning that. Anyway. We've finally finished painting it this week. And I love it! So only the bathroom to go then it's all complete :-D

Hopefully now that's all done I can do some more crochet and knitting! We've been getting home from work and working till about midnight on the decorating then it's either too late or I'm too tired to get the crochet out. But I'm looking forward to being able to relax now and focus on that a bit more.

This might be an excuse to learn some new things crochet related and MAYBE start another project too! Although I really should focus on what I already have on the go... probably :D

With all you've been doing it's no wonder you have a sore shoulder!

Wow- what a bunch of chatty banter today!! I LOVE IT!! Although, I'm once again not going to have time to respond individually since the Devils are coming on and DH and I have a "date" to watch it together!

I've made the Stashbuster tote (actually about 18 of them) and did make them in cotton too- and I lined them. Came out nice.

Sue also has a pattern for a Cotton Buster market bag

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cotton-buster-i-market-bag

I made this one too and it came out great!

Here's a pic of the market tote (red/white) and the SBT in cotton

Off to watch my game! Have a wonderful night friends!:hug

Gorgeous totes! Hope your team did well last night.

Have a wonderful weekend with Cam, Julie.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back when I can. :manyheart

Hi ladies

Back from errands . Still have to unpack the rest of the car and get some laundry done,but I thought I'd check in here first .

Jude

Wow, your book grouo is growing bigger ! I've heard of the new book you have for next time but not read it . Hope it's good !

Val

Whatcha doing, doing more cleaning today ? ME TV is the same channel we watch the Batman shows on . I also love Lost in Space. It was my favorite shows as a kid, and I still like watching it,although I have them all memorized .

Linda

Sounds like you are making a lot of headway . This is so exciting,all the jobs that people have mentioned to you. It might actually be more fun for you if you DID get a few different part time people to take care of, so you'd get to know several new people and have some variety each day by spending time with different ones .

It will probably be much more rewarding to you too,since you will actually be doing the job that you trained for, not 20 other jobs on top of it .

This certainly sounds like it's all falling into place just right !

What dates are you taking to go visit your family ? I dont think I saw it mentioned exactly,but maybe you dont have the exact dates decided yet. And are you driving or flying ?

Well, gotta get a move on and unload the car . It's weird how you leave the house to get one bag of stuff and come home with about 7 ...

Linda

Sounds like you are making a lot of headway . This is so exciting,all the jobs that people have mentioned to you. It might actually be more fun for you if you DID get a few different part time people to take care of, so you'd get to know several new people and have some variety each day by spending time with different ones .

It will probably be much more rewarding to you too,since you will actually be doing the job that you trained for, not 20 other jobs on top of it .

This certainly sounds like it's all falling into place just right !

What dates are you taking to go visit your family ? I dont think I saw it mentioned exactly,but maybe you dont have the exact dates decided yet. And are you driving or flying.

I'll be flying up around the 7th of June and staying for 2 weeks.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I feel like I've done alot today already, but at the same time didn't do anything :eek

Well, my sister put the towels in the wash before she left this morning and they were just finishing when I woke up so put those in the dryer and threw a load of darks in. Ran to the bread store, they do a specialty foccasia on weekdays and today's is my parents favorite and since they're coming in tonight I had to go pick one up :drool Came back and folded the towels, threw my laundry in the dryer and watched American Idol and crocheted while waiting for a friend to stop by to pick up some stuff this morning. After he came by, I folded my laundry and hopped in the shower. Then ran to the hair salon to pick up a gift card for Averie from Steph and Bean for her birthday on Tuesday. Stopped at the quick mart to get some lottery tickets for Bean's birthday card from me and dropped my car a little up the street to get washed....I just didn't feel like dealing with it :lol

Now came over the office and here I sit. I'm going to pull out my yarn since I really don't have any paperwork to get done today :clap He's going to bring my car over when he's done, I told him no rush that I was good until about 4ish anyways. Then I have to stop at the market yet before I head back home :whew

We're going out tonight for the game AND it's Bean's birthday, so it's a double party and hopefully the Pens can pull out a 2nd win here :xfin

Judy - Glad to hear that book club went well :clap Your group sure is growing there :yes

Joanne - :yay TGIF! Great totes :manyheart

Cindy - I hope work isn't too hectic for you today (you too Joanne) :hug

Julie - It's great that Cam gets so excited to visit and it's nice having those special moments with grandma like watching Batman :manyheart

Val - How far along are you on the Bama ghan now? My cousin is going to Alabama State in the fall for school, is that anywhere near your family?

Kelly - Have a great weekend with your bf's parents. I love having company over :yes

Linda - I just love hearing how everything seems to be falling in to place for you. That just reaffirms that you've made the right decision for you :yes You surely will have your choice of what and when you want to do and work.

Julie - I'm working on an Alabama Ghan for a customer. I love the ME TV channel. I know most of the shows I watch as well.

Marisa - I'm putting Alabama at the top and Roll Tide at the bottom. I decided to do these in squares because of all the bobbins I would need to do the lettering. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the football field in the middle or if I'm going to just make it solid crimson and stick an elephant in the middle. So far, I've complete OLL TIDE in the lettering. I have to do the R in Roll and then I'll tackle the Alabama. I'd like to have this all together before I do the middle. Alabama State is about 62 miles south of my hometown. However, I do have family in the Montgomery area. My niece is a graduate of Alabama State.

Linda

Wow, it has been a long time since you had 2weeks off all at once, hasn't it ?

Val

I bet the afghan will be beautiful when done. You do such nice work !

Marisa

Sounds like anoither super fun weekend in the works for you ! Think of me when you dig into the cake . Ask for the corner piece,it has the most frosting .

Hi everyone! Wednesday, we had the tree work and the microwave installed...and Luke has been here since Wednesday evening! DD had a chance to go with her DH to Austin and they picked him up a while ago. Needless to say, I'm way behind. :lol

So for now, I'll just say "Hi" and will try and go back through posts. I hope you are all doing okay. :manyheart

Hi again!

Mary, how is your DD feeling these days? Such fun for you to have Luke with you, too - esp at his age.

Jules, enjoy Cam's visit!

Cindy, enjoy your time with friends tonight!

And Linda, wow! What else can I say? You are so set up for part time work...any time work...what a wonderful omen with which to begin your new life!!:hug:manyheart

No craft work today - one saltine was made before I went back to finishing a book and alternating that with an afternoon Yankee/Boston game.

The Yankees won...in Boston:D:c9

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi Cindy

Sounds like you have had a busy day and busy evening too ! Hope you have a good time tonite and get some rest this weekend .

Hi Mary

I forgot about the workguys being there the whole day,and I certainly understand about having your grandson there. They keep you hopping,dont they ? More so when they are little. As he gets bigger he wont need quite as much continual supervision . Cam kinda likes having his own space now ,at times, so he isnt much hard work to keep track of .

Good to hear from you !

Hey Jude

We must have posted at the same time,just saw your note. Glad your team won today -- maybe tomorrow you'll have a chance to work on your crochet some more .

We had Steph and Pyper up for supper tonite and they just left. Cam is staying til sunday,so I will jump in and out a bit here and there . Will probably shut-r-down for tonite. I'm beat ...

Hi all,

I left work a little early today (not by alot, but still- early- and not late:lol) I listened to the game on the way home and then watched the Yankees beat the Red Sox!!!:clap

Julie- Enjoy your weekend with Cam! I know you will:manyheart

I'm going to work on the baby RR tonight. Need to finish something! Not sure I'll finish but need to make a dent in these UFO's!:eek

This is definitely the most UFO's that I've ever had!!!

Enjoy the evening everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Tab, The rr is gorgeous! The cakes look yummy! Elijah is adorable! Congrats on going back to school.

Joanne, Your bags are lovely! Enjoy your weekend!

Marisa, Enjoy the parties this weekend and the visit from Mom & Dad.

Julie, Enjoy your weekend with Cam. Sorry the new meds didn't help. You can rant anytime you need to. Were friends and we all care about you.

I started one of the stashbuster bags in cotton but never finished it. Since they do stretch I will have to line it.

Judy, Sorry your dog is causing you some pain, but glad your DS is able to help you.

Val, Enjoy your weekend! Your ghan sounds like a really neat project. Can't wait to see it when your finished.

Cindy, Enjoy your night out with friends and your weekend to.

Linda, It's looking more and more that everyone is looking out for you. Hope you don't have to spend your whole weekend packing.

Kelly, Enjoy your weekend with the bfs parents.

Mary, Glad you had a couple of days with Luke.

We have a fun weekend planned. Were meeting DD and picking Maya up for over night at my sisters tomorrow. We may get up early enough to go have coffee with my MIL.

Hubby's brother and sil came up today for a visit. We went out to lunch. She brought her quilting. She hand quilts. I worked on the lumberjack flannel ghan. I'm using RH yarn and only doing 1 strand of yarn. Two and an N hook was hurting my hands so decided to change it. But my squares are not the same. I have never had that problem before so not sure if I'm going to continue the pattern or look for something else. Hubby wanted me to do a graph ghan but not sure I want to or can get it done in time for graduation. At least with squares I can say I can do so many per day and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

DH is feeling much better now. I'm glad of that. Lots of running this week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll be back sunday evening or monday.

Morning folks

Joanne

So glad you get some time off. You sure have been working hard this year ! Hope you get the chance to get one of your projects completed. It is probably really hard to have much time for crochet when your life is so busy. I hope it calms down for you soon .

Marlene

Sounds like you have fun plans for the weekend. Always nice to visit with family,and I bet you will have a great time with Maya . Lots of good company and probably good food !

Hope your flannelghan will work ok with the one strand .I know what you mean, the hands arent quite as limber the older we get,are they ?

Maybe you could still go for the plaid-look in a way, if you just crochet a certain number of rows in one color, to make it square then do the next color the same number of rows,so you are making a long strip of squares. Then the next strip, you could alternate the colors,and start with the opposite one,and work you way up the strip. Then when you put them together,you'd have alternate color blocks . I'm sure you'll get it figured out to work .

See you in a few days .

Not much new here since last night. I just woke up a bit ago and everyone else is asleep,so thought I'd check in here before they wake up. Looks like we got rain overnight .I think it was supposed to be cooler and wetter this weekend. Hoep it warms up again on Monday .

Will check back in later on .

Good morning!

Julie- Enjoy the weekend--and we're supposed to get rain this weekend too. We really need it, but I'd like it much better if it came Monday-Friday! The sun is out right now, so I'll probably change up the order of my Sat routine and do the errands and grocery shopping early, then the cleaning later or tomorrow morning when the rain is supposed to be here.

I'll be busy at work until we "Go Live" with the new system at work which isn't slated until mid September! So I have quite a bit more time of craziness and busy-ness at work. I worked on the large granny for my DD's Sis-in-law's twin girl to be last night- nice and mindless crochet!

Well, I'd better scoot and get going here so I can get done what needs to be done.

BBL!

Good morning. Cold and sunny here today. I think the rain is done for the time being.

Not sure what my plans for today will be. DD will be sleeping, since she worked last night and works again tonight. That means I need to be quiet. I did house work on Thursday, and laundry is caught up. Guess that means I can play all day.

Marlene, I found the flannelghan somewhat hard on my hands too, but I really liked the finished project. I only made a baby blanket though, so it wasn't as much work. Sounds like you have a busy but fun weekend coming up.

Julie, hope you have a good time with Cam.

Joanne, take some time to rest this weekend, since work is so very busy.

Good morning ladies

Joanne

Don't forget the CAKE when you get groceries . Everyone needs some cake in their kitchen !

Cindy

I was just thinking of you need to be quiet this AM, then you can crochet. It doesnt make any noise at all !

By the way, I had a question for you about your baby afghan pattern called PeekaBoo .

It says you used the baby yarn by Lion Brand and a K hook I think ?

I bought some Bernat baby sport I think it's called. I think it's about the same thickness as the Lion brand ,isnt it ? If you use a K hook, does it make the blanket lightweight and loose using a hook that size ?

Since I cant use yarn for an extended project like an afghan, but I DO want to try making something for my cousin's first grandbaby ,I'm looking for something that can use baby yarn but will be a fast pattern,without color changes ,or a difficult pattern that takes a lot of concentration ,because I'm also on a short amount of time to complete it. I only see her once a year,and that ONCE is the first weekend in June,so I think your afghan may just be the one that will do the trick .

I'll let you know how it goes ! I seem to be able to use some baby yarn. It's weird ,the Bernat baby yarn in the small skeins is much fuzzier and softer than the same brand yarn in the big skeins (which is what I bought) .

Thank you for the pattern ! I LOVE the MayDay one ,but doubt I could complete it in time. It is SO pretty .

Good morning ladies

Cindy

I was just thinking of you need to be quiet this AM, then you can crochet. It doesnt make any noise at all !

By the way, I had a question for you about your baby afghan pattern called PeekaBoo .

It says you used the baby yarn by Lion Brand and a K hook I think ?

I bought some Bernat baby sport I think it's called. I think it's about the same thickness as the Lion brand ,isnt it ? If you use a K hook, does it make the blanket lightweight and loose using a hook that size ?

Since I cant use yarn for an extended project like an afghan, but I DO want to try making something for my cousin's first grandbaby ,I'm looking for something that can use baby yarn but will be a fast pattern,without color changes ,or a difficult pattern that takes a lot of concentration ,because I'm also on a short amount of time to complete it. I only see her once a year,and that ONCE is the first weekend in June,so I think your afghan may just be the one that will do the trick .

I'll let you know how it goes ! I seem to be able to use some baby yarn. It's weird ,the Bernat baby yarn in the small skeins is much fuzzier and softer than the same brand yarn in the big skeins (which is what I bought) .

Thank you for the pattern ! I LOVE the MayDay one ,but doubt I could complete it in time. It is SO pretty .

Julie, that particular Lion brand yarn is listed as size 4 which is WW. In weight it is similar to Caron's Simply Soft, which would be more like a light worsted, I think. Most baby yarn that I have used is a little thinner than that, so I would probably use a J or maybe even an I with it. Try a small swatch to see how it looks. Peek-a-boo is a very quick easy pattern.

Mayday is also easy, but you are right, it takes a lot longer, and it uses a lot of yarn.

Good morning everyone. It's overcast and gloomy here today. Maybe more rain in the forecast, but not sure. The weekend will be more sorting and packing and pitching. At least I've found a number of boxes that I know what's in them and they don't have to be opened just moved to the "to go with" stack. Yay!!! They have my good china and crystal and liquour sets in them. It won't be a particularly restful weekend, but with luck it will be the last one where I have to do packing and sorting. Then I can finally have a weekend to rest. Yay!!!!!!

Hi again!

And Linda, wow! What else can I say? You are so set up for part time work...any time work...what a wonderful omen with which to begin your new life!!:hug:manyheart

Yes, things do seem to be coming together really smoothly. I am so grateful.

No craft work today - one saltine was made before I went back to finishing a book and alternating that with an afternoon Yankee/Boston game.

The Yankees won...in Boston:D:c9:hug:manyheart

Congratulations on the Yankee win.

Linda, It's looking more and more that everyone is looking out for you. Hope you don't have to spend your whole weekend packing.

I asked God to help me and He certainly is. I'm doing my part, too.

We have a fun weekend planned. Were meeting DD and picking Maya up for over night at my sisters tomorrow. We may get up early enough to go have coffee with my MIL.

Hubby's brother and sil came up today for a visit. We went out to lunch. She brought her quilting. She hand quilts. I worked on the lumberjack flannel ghan. I'm using RH yarn and only doing 1 strand of yarn. Two and an N hook was hurting my hands so decided to change it. But my squares are not the same. I have never had that problem before so not sure if I'm going to continue the pattern or look for something else. Hubby wanted me to do a graph ghan but not sure I want to or can get it done in time for graduation. At least with squares I can say I can do so many per day and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I think that lot depends on the shape of the larger hooks as to how hard they are to work with. I find that the ones with the indents for your fingers are much easier to work with the ones that are just round. And taking your time getting used to the feel of them also helps a lot. Now that I have found ones that work for me I like working with them.

Catch you all later. Have a great weekend. :manyheart

Good afternoon Housemates!

Val

I bet the afghan will be beautiful when done. You do such nice work !

Thanks! It's quite a challenge with all the color changing. My sisters love it so far. Who is Pyper? I'm glad you had Steph over and you're getting to spend some extra time with Cam! I think I used a J hook when I crocheted Cindy's Peek-A-Boo.

Hi everyone! Wednesday, we had the tree work and the microwave installed...and Luke has been here since Wednesday evening! DD had a chance to go with her DH to Austin and they picked him up a while ago. Needless to say, I'm way behind. :lol

So for now, I'll just say "Hi" and will try and go back through posts. I hope you are all doing okay. :manyheart

Good for you to have time with Luke. How's your daughter feeling?

Good morning. Cold and sunny here today. I think the rain is done for the time being.

Not sure what my plans for today will be. DD will be sleeping, since she worked last night and works again tonight. That means I need to be quiet. I did house work on Thursday, and laundry is caught up. Guess that means I can play all day.

Cindy, you need and DESERVE a play day! Have fun!

Good morning everyone. It's overcast and gloomy here today. Maybe more rain in the forecast, but not sure. The weekend will be more sorting and packing and pitching. At least I've found a number of boxes that I know what's in them and they don't have to be opened just moved to the "to go with" stack. Yay!!! They have my good china and crystal and liquour sets in them. It won't be a particularly restful weekend, but with luck it will be the last one where I have to do packing and sorting. Then I can finally have a weekend to rest. Yay!!!!!!

Catch you all later. Have a great weekend. :manyheart

Linda, won't it be great that you'll be able to get rid of all your boxes when you move. I'm glad this is going to be your last weekend of work! Try to get a little relaxing time in.

To the rest of the "Housemates," have a great Saturday!

BBL.

Good morning ladies :hi

We ended up going out for wings last night and the first 2 periods of the hockey game, I can't believe Pitt pulled it out like that :clap Today is my cousin's birthday and tomorrow is Bean's birthday and my brother's 10th anniversary. My parents are coming out tomorrow for the weekend. Tonight I'm going to an event with a friend for the Pittsburgh Young Professionals group, so that should be fun :yes

I finished the baby rr this morning while watching American Idol from last night so I'll get a pic of that up in a bit....I did remember to take it already :lol Now to start the next one. After I finish checking in here, I'm going to get my workout in. I may try to get a square out of the way while I'm still here though :think

Val - :yay for choosing the crocheting :devil

Linda - I really hope everything continues to fall into place for you :hug

Judy - I agree with the hair, just let it do what it wants to do because you can't force it :lol Mine's the same way :yes Glad to hear that your cousin is doing ok and not worse at this point :hug

Cindy - I can imagine the animals....I know I'm more active when it's cooler :rofl So when I last saw, your green light was on so :kick get moving on your to-do list and then come back for a little break in a bit :devil

Marlene - I hope dh feels better soon :hug I know I don't ride my motorcycle when I'm not feeling well....or even if I just didn't sleep well :no

Joanne - I hope work is alright today and that your not run ragged :hug

Julie - :yay for Cam coming over. Sorry your headaches are so horrible and none of the meds are helping :hug Hang in there, hopefully one will come along that will offer you some relief :xfin I've made both of those bags. All the stashbuster's that I made, I lined. Every time I think I'm not going to line a bag, I always do anyway....I like that it helps to hold it's shape and offer some security of the items inside :yes However, I did make a market bag, so didn't line it and it was just too long. The cotton stretched (there was some heavier items in there) and it was hanging almost to the ground. I only used it that one time and then Maryann took it over to use as a laundry bag!!! :lol But, the SBT would be fine in the cotton I think :think Turtlelvr has some great designs and I've bought a few, but I think I usually get them from the Ravelry site when I purchase them :yes

Tab - Oh boy, 2 birthdays = lots of cake. Darius' cake looks great!!!! I love the different color layers :yes What kind are you making for Jaden? Gorgeous ghan :manyheart Elijah is absolutely adorable and looking so serene in that picture :yes

Thank you. I made cupcakes for Jaden; half with bubble gum frosting & the other half with cotton candy frosting. Poor Jaden woke up early this a.m. vomiting & running a fever......makes for a cruddy birthday. :(

Hi folks

Back again -had some things that needed done, laundry put away, floors swept,etc .

Cindy

Did you finally make yourself do other things today ? This is addicting, isn't it ? Hard to get boring stuff like housework done when you can be on here instead .

I got both the freebie kindle books you mentioned, so will take time out here soon to give them a try .

Linda

Hope you have another productive day and can get a little more accomplished for your move, though don't overdo. You have really worked hard the past few months .

Tab

Good to hear from you , my gosh, Elijah is SO big. He looks very healthy and like a good eater, like ME . The CAKES were so pretty . Love the colorful one,and how'd you do the other, it looks like kitkats lining it to make it a basket,is that what it is supposed to be ? I'll have to show them to Steph. Cam's birthday is next month. I'm not sure yet what plans she has for the cake .

I had the sleep study Tuesday night. Waiting to hear results . I really feel sorry for Shenandoah. Those frequent migraines can totally put you out of commission .

Good for you,for signing up for more school .I know you can do it, you have a powerful brain .

Marisa

Talk about CAKES !! You will have a cake overload with all those parties so close together. Any un-needed cake, please PM me for my address. I will take it off your hands free of charge . :D

Have fun at your dinner tonite .

Hi Kelly

I like doing those house projects too,although we never did the tearing out the wall thing. We'd have no idea how to do that,but we've done lots of painting and things like that. I like fixing up houses and choosing room colors, etc.

I agree, you have done enough house stuff. Time to sit and crochet a bit for relaxation .

I "think " I answered everyone from this AM.. Will check back in later .

Thank you. Yep, the kit-kats are suppose to make a basket for the m&m's. It is a simple 8 inch two layered box cake mix with chocolate marshmallow frosting. The kit-kats are king sized ones (it took 5 packs) seprated into two's and line the cake. They stick to the frosting, but the bow makes a nice appearance. I stole the idea from a picture I saw on pinterest. :devil

Have you heard back yet from the sleep study? I hope it brings some needed answers. I spoke to my Hubby about a sleep study because I have been telling him for awhile that I think he might have sleep apnea....I think Darius might too.

Good afternoon Housemates!!!

Julie - I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad you get to enjoy another weekend with Cam.

Cindy - Life is short...if you don't get away from the computer, so what, you deserve a break.:D

Joanne - Hope you're having a enjoyable, if possible, workday. Hope the Devils win tonight

Kelly - It was good to hear from you today.

Linda - Take it easy.

Tab - It was good hearing from you. Elijah is soo big and handsome. The cakes look delicious. I'm glad you're going back to school.

Judy - Hope your arm is feeling better.

Marisa - of course I was going to choose crochet:devil. Have fun tonight.

Marlene - I hope the supervisor is feeling better. Your DD lives about the same distance Atlanta is from my hometown in Alabama.

I awoke with a headache this morning. I'm thinking it is my pillow. I need new pillows.

Have a great day all. BBL

Thank you. I hope your headache is long gone by now.

Tabitha he is so adorable! I hope you have the time to really enjoy that precious little gift and aren't too sleep deprived or harried from taking care of him.

Thank you. Broken sleep is the worst, but i'm handling it okay.....I look at those midnight or ealry feedings as a blessing because I get to have him all to myself. Plus he's SO happy early in the a.m......he's the most playful around 5 a.m. :manyheart

Wow- what a bunch of chatty banter today!! I LOVE IT!! Although, I'm once again not going to have time to respond individually since the Devils are coming on and DH and I have a "date" to watch it together!

I've made the Stashbuster tote (actually about 18 of them) and did make them in cotton too- and I lined them. Came out nice.

Sue also has a pattern for a Cotton Buster market bag

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cotton-buster-i-market-bag

I made this one too and it came out great!

Here's a pic of the market tote (red/white) and the SBT in cotton

Off to watch my game! Have a wonderful night friends!:hug

Awesome job on both! :clap

Just dropped in to say goodnight.

Headache is slowly letting up...not completely gone. Thanks for the well wishes.

Tab - forgot to say I love your blanket. It's beautiful. I got caught up with the cake and the baby.

Joanne - I love your bags. I've never made a bag. Maybe I'll try that next after I get caught up.:D:devil

Judy - I hope you had a great time with your book club.

Julie - I'm glad Cam loves coming to spend time with you. I hope you guys have a great weekend.

I'm still working on the Bama ghan.

Have a good night Housemates!!!

:lol That happens. :lol Thank you! :)

Good morning everyone. I started on the news yesterday and never got caught up and never got back in. I made another run to Goodwill last night with the car so packed that I couldn't close the hatchback. I made a huge dent in the stuff under the house yesterday.

Then picked up something for supper and went to my prayer shawl group. And one of my friends there asked I'd be interested in sitting with her father who has Alziemers. Another option and one that I'd seriously consider if for no other reason than that she's a wonderful lady and a friend. Jenny, her daughter, had said she was going to mention it to her mom. When I hadn't heard anything, I thought it was a no go, but then last night it turned out to be a go after all. Looks like I'm going to be able to pick and choose what I do. I am getting so very excited about having options again. :D

Congratulations and good luck with the program. That combination should make you very marketable.

What a lovely little boy! I'm so glad that the colic is over and he's sleeping better.

With all you've been doing it's no wonder you have a sore shoulder!

Gorgeous totes! Hope your team did well last night.

Have a wonderful weekend with Cam, Julie.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back when I can. :manyheart

Thank you. I am glad thing's are working out so well for you. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Tab, The rr is gorgeous! The cakes look yummy! Elijah is adorable! Congrats on going back to school.

Joanne, Your bags are lovely! Enjoy your weekend!

Marisa, Enjoy the parties this weekend and the visit from Mom & Dad.

Julie, Enjoy your weekend with Cam. Sorry the new meds didn't help. You can rant anytime you need to. Were friends and we all care about you.

I started one of the stashbuster bags in cotton but never finished it. Since they do stretch I will have to line it.

Judy, Sorry your dog is causing you some pain, but glad your DS is able to help you.

Val, Enjoy your weekend! Your ghan sounds like a really neat project. Can't wait to see it when your finished.

Cindy, Enjoy your night out with friends and your weekend to.

Kelly, Enjoy your weekend with the bfs parents.

Mary, Glad you had a couple of days with Luke.

Thank you. :)

Archived