Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning Housemates!

Judy - Congrats to your goddaughter. Enjoy your time with her.

Mary - Sounds like your dd us going to have a beautiful (kitchen?). I bet you're loving your time with Luke.

Marlene - Thanks! I live with 1 of my 3 sisters. I would very much rather live aline. She smokes and I'm allergic. My youngest in Bama smokes as well. The sister in between these 2 does not smoke but she's soo moody. Yep, I prefer living alone even though we love each other and have lots of fun together. Lifestyles...I'm the oldest and a perfectionist. They say that I want the house to look like a magazine. This is not true. I believe in a house being a home and living in it. However, I do believe everything should be put back in place.

Joanne - Good for you on getting some extra ZZZs. I read somewhere years ago that you're should always get a nap when you're going for a late night...something about being preventive because you can never catch up on sleep. Congrats on your class; can't wait to hear about your experience. I hope you're having a easy Thursday!

Cindy - You've been a busy little bee. We want pictures of your finished iems. The colors of you scarf sound wonderful. Enjoy your vacation and remember to rest and relax just a little.

Julie -I am feeling much better today. So far, I'm not feeling any leg pain. I hope your doctor can bring you some comfort today.

Linda - Just take at least 1 of the weekend days if not both. You'll have 5 days in between the weekends to finish up. Remember to take care of you.

I received another afghan order. A customer ordered the Houndstooth print trimmed in red. I know more about the order after 5 today.

Have a great day to all the Housemates!

BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. :)

Marisa ~ Your baby 'ghans are adorable! Beautiful work and colors. :clap You must crochet fast...after all these years, I still don't have a lot of speed. ;)

Valerie ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better. :manyheart How exciting to have another order! My aunt (she taught me how to crochet) used to sell lots of crocheted and knitted things. She also did beautiful needlepoint and worked full time! :eek

Kelly ~ How is your mom doing? Your weekend with family sounds really nice. :)

Linda ~ I hope you have at least one day for you this weekend. Of course, if John plans on a May 1st listing date, he had better get in gear! :wink Sorry, I was MIA for the Charity CAL this time. :blush

Joanne ~ Work sounds like a bear right now. :hug Yes, rest whenever you can sneak some in! I love Tunisian crochet and haven't done any in a long time. Still have several long hooks, though. :lol

Marlene ~ It's so great that you're sharing family places and stories with Maya. Those are memories she will always have. :manyheart Your DH sounds about ready to take off on his motorcycle!

Julie ~ So many here have terrible allergies and breathing issues right now...I hope you can see your doctor and get some relief. :hug Yesterday, Luke's eyes were watering and his nose was dripping so we stayed inside more than usual. He went back home late yesterday afternoon, but I'm sure he'll be here again soon. :lol He's such a happy guy and loves giving big hugs and kisses. :c9

Hi to those I've missed, too! :manyheart

Val, the houndstooth pattern sounds so nice!:c9

Linda, take breaks when you need them:hug

Jules, I hope you get some relief today :hug:hug

Sparkie's showitn good signs that the antibiotic was the a good choice...I won't go into specifics here:blush:lol

My GD is sooooo excited about SU...but now the University of Michigan wants her to put her name on their waiting list and revisit their music department:eek

Just when she was relaxed and set on SU! We'll see what happens with that within a short time.

Nothing like last minute....:P

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I did laundry this morning and it seems the dryer took FOREVER :eek So I just got in about a half hour ago. Ate some lunch while checking in. I'm feeling a bit drousy today for some reason :shrug

Not much going on over here today :whew

Cindy - Have a safe trip and a great vacation. I had a problem with my modem a couple years ago and they ended up having to replace the wires in the ground outside :eek

Joanne - :hug :hug I feel like it's going to be a super long summer for you with this job and its project, but at least you have your tunisian class to look forward to and your trip to Boston :hug Praying it eases up a bit for you. I agree with you on taking a nap before the game :wink

Val - WTG on your Bama ghan, you're making great progress with it :yes

Mary - Sounds like dd is doing a great job getting everything together and organized. It is difficult to get all of that done with a toddler and I'm sure you're just eating up your time with him :yes

Marlene - My sister and I do well, we were all worried initially because we used to HATE each other and haven't lived together since she left for college. There is 6 years between us, which when your kids is a big difference. We couldn't even be in the same room without one of us declaring war :eek Have fun at Maya's kindergarten graduation and the Memorial Day parade :clap Hope the dentist appointment goes well.

Julie - Any luck getting in to see the asthma doc?

Judy - :yay for your goddaughter. Syracuse is only about 45 minutes from my chiro school :yes Will she go visit U of Mich again?

Linda - I sure hope that Lois is more help than Gael, speaking of...has anyone heard from her? Please don't push yourself too much and take breaks as needed. I don't want you getting sick over this :hug

Hi ladies

Back from the doc ,pharmacy and grocery . The lung guy got me in,bumped me into 9:30 when first appt is 10. I REALLY like him .His office staff is so friendly too .

Anyhow, he totally changed up my meds once again. He is trying some totally different combos ,along with Prednisone to loosen up my lungs. They did 2 different breathing tests on me and they both came back too low,so he said he really doesn't like putting people on prednisone if he doesnt have to,but he feels that I need it to get things opened back up in there, then 2 different inhalers and 2 meds to counteract all the crappy pollen I have sucked in . He said we have had so much wind ,and for this time of year, it makes the pollen so bad if the wind carries it around,making it even more of a problem than normal .

So, let's keep our fingers crossed that the new combo will work and I can breathe . It makes you so tired when you cannot take a deep breath . It feels like your lungs are only half the size they should be .

After that, I went to the pharmacy and got all the new crap,then made a run to the store to pick up Cam's weekend food,so its all here and put away already .

I just got home a bit ago ,so still have some things to get done ,so I gotta get on the stick and get busy if I can muster up any more power . When you can't breathe deep, it makes you so tired ,just struggling to get air .

Jude

That is so exciting about your god-daughter . Are you making her a college afghan for a gift when she leaves in the fall ? What are that school's colors ?

Linda

Glad there will be a little added help with you today. Hope you get your time off you wanted .

Val

Great news that you got another afghan order !

Marisa

Whats on tap for the weekend ? Any plans or will this be a quiet weekend with no CAKE ? If so, go get you a hunk anyhow, just to celebrate the weekend !

Mary

That little Luke sounds like such a little sweetheart. I bet he is so much fun. Has he learned to ride a tricycle yet or are his legs too short yet ?

Good afternoon my friends. I am bushed! I've been at it since 7:30 this morning. Lois was a great help. We got a lot more done than I expected and she's a much better packer than Gael was. All six bookshelves are now empty and under the house. Found MORE crochet thread and that box is now packed as is another box of yarn. Lois is coming back tomorrow and her daughter is coming too, so we should gets lots and lots more done then.

Linda ~ I hope you have at least one day for you this weekend. Of course, if John plans on a May 1st listing date, he had better get in gear! :wink Sorry, I was MIA for the Charity CAL this time. :blush

No worries. You may have to take over for June though, as I'll be on vacation then.

Julie ~ So many here have terrible allergies and breathing issues right now...I hope you can see your doctor and get some relief. :hug Yesterday, Luke's eyes were watering and his nose was dripping so we stayed inside more than usual. He went back home late yesterday afternoon, but I'm sure he'll be here again soon. :lol He's such a happy guy and loves giving big hugs and kisses. :c9:manyheart

Poor Luke. Hope he doesn't have lots of problems with the pollen.

Sparkie's showing good signs that the antibiotic was the a good choice...I won't go into specifics here:blush:lol

Yay!!!!

My GD is sooooo excited about SU...but now the University of Michigan wants her to put her name on their waiting list and revisit their music department:eek

Just when she was relaxed and set on SU! We'll see what happens with that within a short time.

Nothing like last minute....:P

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Oh, wow! More possible choices. She must be GOOD if so many schools want her.

Hi ladies

Back from the doc ,pharmacy and grocery . The lung guy got me in,bumped me into 9:30 when first appt is 10. I REALLY like him .His office staff is so friendly too .

Anyhow, he totally changed up my meds once again. He is trying some totally different combos ,along with Prednisone to loosen up my lungs. They did 2 different breathing tests on me and they both came back too low,so he said he really doesn't like putting people on prednisone if he doesnt have to,but he feels that I need it to get things opened back up in there, then 2 different inhalers and 2 meds to counteract all the crappy pollen I have sucked in . He said we have had so much wind ,and for this time of year, it makes the pollen so bad if the wind carries it around,making it even more of a problem than normal .

So, let's keep our fingers crossed that the new combo will work and I can breathe . It makes you so tired when you cannot take a deep breath . It feels like your lungs are only half the size they should be .

Sounds like the prednisone is an excellent idea.

After that, I went to the pharmacy and got all the new crap,then made a run to the store to pick up Cam's weekend food,so its all here and put away already .

I just got home a bit ago ,so still have some things to get done ,so I gotta get on the stick and get busy if I can muster up any more power . When you can't breathe deep, it makes you so tired ,just struggling to get air .

:hug :hug :hug :hug

Hi ladies

Marisa

Whats on tap for the weekend ? Any plans or will this be a quiet weekend with no CAKE ? If so, go get you a hunk anyhow, just to celebrate the weekend !

Glad to hear that your doc got you in this morning :yay Hopefully the new combo of meds helps :hug:xfin Did you get your stuff done? Take a break and rest while the new meds start to kick in :yes

Don't worry Julie, I don't pass up cake :wink Just had a piece eariler and yesterday....we still have some left at the house from the weekend :eek But, I usually do control the size I eat :lol This weekend our neighbor is having a tastefully simple party on Saturday afternoon and then at night we're going to the Pittsburgh Power game I think, it's indoor football. As of now, that's all that's on the agenda

Good afternoon my friends. I am bushed! I've been at it since 7:30 this morning. Lois was a great help. We got a lot more done than I expected and she's a much better packer than Gael was. All six bookshelves are now empty and under the house. Found MORE crochet thread and that box is now packed as is another box of yarn. Lois is coming back tomorrow and her daughter is coming too, so we should gets lots and lots more done then.

Great news that Lois was such a big help and hopefully you'll really get a lot done tomorrow with her daughter helping too :xfin

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I did laundry this morning and it seems the dryer took FOREVER :eek So I just got in about a half hour ago.can someone get to the outside vent and check t see if it needs to be cleaned out? Ate some lunch while checking in. I'm feeling a bit drousy today for some reason :shrug

Not much going on over here today :whewthat can sometimes be a good thing!

Judy - :yay for your goddaughter. Syracuse is only about 45 minutes from my chiro school :yes Will she go visit U of Mich again?

when I left her today she was definitley thinking of doing that. It's a matter of clicking with the voice teachers, since they'll be working together so much. She really likes the 2 she took lessons with at SU...

Hi ladies

sounds like a very good doctor!

Jude

That is so exciting about your god-daughter . Are you making her a college afghan for a gift when she leaves in the fall ? What are that school's colors ?

I think they're scarlet and something else...not sure. I was thinking of that:hook

Linda, you have a great helper!!

Have a good night, everyone

Hi all,

Quick pop in before i take my power-nap before the game.

As Marisa said, it's going to be a very busy summer with this project and it's starting to wear on me. I think if I was about 20 years younger, it wouldn't bother me so much. I think this is a job for someone who is trying to forge a career and move on up the food chain.

See you all in the AM!

Morning folks

Linda

Sounds as if you can see some light at the end of the tunnel now ,with the packing ! I bet you will be SO glad to have all that done !

Marisa

Are your parents both sports lovers too ? Sounds like you really enjoy watching all types of sports . Did you play any in school ?

Joanne

Sure hope this extra job doesn't burn you out . I hope your power nap helped you to stay awake for your game on last night .

Hi Cindy

Safe travels .Rest up, if you have more driving today !

Not much any different to report here this AM . Guess I'll get out for a bit this AM . Not sure if Steph will let Cam come tonite now. She emailed me last night,telling me she grounded him . He is a good student,but HATES school really bad . This time of year he starts getting really tired of it,so once in awhile he lets his homework slide .That's what he did this week,and she got really ticked off and grounded him . I'll have to contact her today to see what she will do with him after school . Usually she just lets him walk here ,but not sure what she'll let him do .

A couple times,she has grounded him,but let him still come here ,then she wants ME to follow his grounding rules which are no tv, no video games, no toys ,nothing. I REALLY don't like doing that, because there's nothing he's allowed to do,so he just sits . I'd rather not be his jailer on those days . I understand he needs reprimanded when he deserves it,but I dont like to be a part of that. Grandmas are supposed to hand out cookies and pat them on the head . :think

Gotta start my new meds today . I usually dont like starting them in the middle of the day,taking one type in the morning and another in the evening,so today will be the day to try them . Keeping my fingers crossed that they work better .

Will check in later --

Quick stop in since it was a long night- The Devils took the game into a double overtime--but they won!!!!:clap So now they move on to the next round.The NY Rangers also won last night so both area teams are moving on in the playoffs!!!! :)

Now to get ready for a loooong day!:tired:mug

Julie- Sure hope the new meds work for you today! And I get it about grounding--but better that the parents do that---you are right--Grandmas are there for the fun stuff!!!

Cindy- Thanks for checking in and letting us know you arrived safely. Enjoy your vacation!

Off to get ready- hugs to ALL!

Morning Housemates!

Just dropped off the 2 nieces.

Cindy - Thanks for checking in. Glad you guys had a safe drive. Get some rest.

Julie - Praying that the meds work for you. I hope Cam gets to come and you don't have to be the warden.

Joanne - Hope your long day goes quickly.

Hope everybody at the House has a great day and beginning of a good weekend.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to everybody!

BBL.

Hi, ya, peeps!!

went to the baby shower and finally gave the mom to be (this is her 2nd child) the hooded baby blanket. She loved it - I told her she could wrap up the baby like a burrito:lol

It was a fun night - and Tab, part of the conversation among the over 50 set (we automatically separated from the younger ones -your gae group- during the party - wierd how that happpened) was about the book 50 Shades of Gray:lol

Hi, everone. Just settled into a hotel room for the night. We are tired from driving all day, and eill be settling in fir the night soon.

I hope you had a good night - enjoy your time together!!

Jules, I second all of joanne's comments!:hug

Later, gators!

Good Morning! Just waiting on the dryer to stop and then leaving to run several errands...maybe I can remember how to crochet later. :lol

Hi Faile!

Julie ~ Keeping fingers crossed that the new meds help. :manyheart I'm glad you like the doctor - he sounds great!

Linda ~ Yay for Lois helping you! Things sound like they're getting better and I hope you're able to slow down a little. :hug Yes, I promise to be a good CAL host if you want me to! :D

Judy ~ Oh, I hope Sparkie continues to improve. Your goddaughter must be so excited to have options for schools!

Time to go - take care, everyone. :ghug

Good morning everyone. Mostly cloudy and humid today. Rosie and John had me over for supper last night. It was wonderful not having to make something for myself. I was so tired all I could do was sit. Took a long hot shower last night and that helped with the sore muscles in my back and shoulders. John slept in this morning so I got to sleep an extra hour too. John is taking all of us out to supper tonight as a thank you for Lois and Sherri helping with everything downstairs. He was thrilled with the progress we've made.

Linda

Sounds as if you can see some light at the end of the tunnel now ,with the packing ! I bet you will be SO glad to have all that done !

You are sooooo right.

Not much any different to report here this AM . Guess I'll get out for a bit this AM . Not sure if Steph will let Cam come tonite now. She emailed me last night,telling me she grounded him . He is a good student,but HATES school really bad . This time of year he starts getting really tired of it,so once in awhile he lets his homework slide .That's what he did this week,and she got really ticked off and grounded him . I'll have to contact her today to see what she will do with him after school . Usually she just lets him walk here ,but not sure what she'll let him do .

A couple times,she has grounded him,but let him still come here ,then she wants ME to follow his grounding rules which are no tv, no video games, no toys ,nothing. I REALLY don't like doing that, because there's nothing he's allowed to do,so he just sits . I'd rather not be his jailer on those days . I understand he needs reprimanded when he deserves it,but I dont like to be a part of that. Grandmas are supposed to hand out cookies and pat them on the head . :think

I agree. It's not really the grandparents role to be the rule enforcer unless they are also the fill in parents for missing parents.

Gotta start my new meds today . I usually dont like starting them in the middle of the day,taking one type in the morning and another in the evening,so today will be the day to try them . Keeping my fingers crossed that they work better .

I so so hope that the meds kick in quickly and you get to feeling better very soon.

*Yawn* It's too early. Why am I awake at this hour? Oh yeah. Work.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Hi, ya, peeps!!

went to the baby shower and finally gave the mom to be (this is her 2nd child) the hooded baby blanket. She loved it - I told her she could wrap up the baby like a burrito:lol

It was a fun night - and Tab, part of the conversation among the over 50 set (we automatically separated from the younger ones -your gae group- during the party - wierd how that happpened) was about the book 50 Shades of Gray:lol

Sounds like a great party.

Will check in as I get a chance. Hope you all have a great day. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick drop in. Were heading out the door to spend the weekend down at hubby's sister and bil's for the weekend. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive there. No crocheting for me though I do the driving.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Not much going on around here again today. I had a haircut last night :yes When I got home I had a quick bite to eat and then read until I went to bed. Slept in this morning....well, I was up at 7 and decided to roll over :lol Then watched last nights American Idol before I left the house this morning.

Joanne - :yay for the Devils win and the Rangers too....I bet it's an uproar over there with both local teams still in the playoffs :yes

Cindy - Glad to hear you're safe at a hotel for the night. How much more driving do you have?

Julie - My parents are not huge sports fans, but will follow just because of my sister and I :lol I danced ballet for 12 years and I was a flag twirler in the band, but that was about as sporty as I got. I always enjoy playing around, but I'm just not very competitive because I always like everyone to do well :shrug Sorry to hear that Cam is grounded and I agree about Grandma's role :yes I would say with the situation as it is that I would understand him having to do any of his homework when he gets there so it's done and then he can 'play' :think I hope the new meds are kicking in and working well for you :hug

Val - Hope you're having a great day so far :hug

Faile - Work is highly over rated I think :lol I hope your day is going quickly and smoothly :hug

Judy - Sounds like a great time at the baby shower. That book is next on my list, just trying to decide if I want to finish the Hunger Games trilogy first or do both the first books and then move to both seconds :think 50 Shades of Grey is also a trilogy :yes

Mary - WTG on your laundry, I hope you finish your errands quickly so you can remind your hands how to weild a hook :xfin:hug

Linda - That's great that you went to dinner at Rosie and John's AND that you got to sleep in a little bit today AND that John is taking you all out to dinner, I was starting to think he wasn't being appreciative at all for what you do :sigh

Marlene - Drive safely and let us know when you arrive to dh's family's house :hug

Morning Faile --

Jude

The shower sounded fun ~~

HiYa Mary

Hope you get some crochet time in today .

Linda

Glad the packing is almost complete. Enjoy the meal out tonite .

I guess in a way ,we ARE the missing parent in Cam's life .Pretty sad,but our son never wanted him ,sowe've filled in the "dad" gap for 10 years .

We just don't like to be involved in his discipline ,unless he misbehaves here,which is very rare. He might occasionally lip off (AGE has a lot to do with it ) ,and when he does, I reprimand him. We have never gotten into the punishment end of things. I don't want Cam to remember me as being his "crabby,mean" grandma .

Marlene

Safe driving ! Let us know when you arrive if you have access to get online. If not, enjoy the visit and we'll hear from you soon . :)

Hi again. :)

Linda ~ How nice that you had a good dinner last night and hopefully another one tonight! It must be next to impossible to do much cooking right now. :think

Marisa ~ Do you have plans for the weekend? You know we all love reading (and giving advice) about your social life. :D

Marlene ~ By now you're on your way - have a wonderful trip. :)

Julie ~ Even now, a few things are popping up with Luke. DD and I talk a lot because I want to be "on the same page" with what they're saying to him. He understands a lot of what people say and only throws a tantrum once in a while. :lol

I ran the most important errands and then treated myself to a haircut. After years of paying too much and waiting weeks for an appointment, I now go to a "drop in" place and it's actually a better cut! I just call ahead and they'll give me the weekly schedule for the girl I like.

Now, it's time to pick which of my current WIPs to work on. It's too hot to work in the yard this afternoon, so laundry and crochet time for me. :hook

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick drop in. Were heading out the door to spend the weekend down at hubby's sister and bil's for the weekend. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive there. No crocheting for me though I do the driving.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

A day early, but just in case you check in ~

:manyheart

:cake:birthday:cake

Survived the long day and then went out with a few friends to the Olive Garden for dinner. I'm now starting to feel tired from the few hours of sleep last night!

Happy Birthday Marlene!!!

BB in the morning!

Archived