Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning everyone. Sunshine and mostly blue skies so far today. The guys will be working on the deck some more today. They hope to finish it up fairly quickly although to my eyes there's still quite a bit to do. Makes me mad that John is having them do a cover up of what's wrong with the deck instead of fixing it the way they should, but a savy buyer can still see what's wrong if they poke their head underneath the deck at the far end. And they can see part of it just by walking around it. Some of the plywood is already separating too and it's been down less than a week. This could all come back to bite him in the butt and a part of me hopes it does. I know that's nasty, but I've shopped for homes too many times and don't like this kind of thing. It makes me angry and was enough to make me veto a house without ever going inside it when I was house hunting.

Thanks everyone. :manyheart I'm in a better place about the whole situation now.....it just took a little bit along with a whole lot of tears & screams.

Hey, we all need a safe place to vent now and then. Do so whenever you need to do it. :hug

Eli's eczema already is improving after only one soaking & slathering of the Cera Ve cream......the pharmacy didn't even fill the steroidal ointment yet so having such an improvement with just the OTC cream is amazing. :clap The doc did say he'd outgrow it, but when no one knows.....everyone is different. I will just be glad when he's not digging himself bloody. We were waking up in the morning to a bloody head because he was digging while he was asleep & that was with no nails because I cut them everyother day due to his itching. :eek:ghug

Have you tried putting the little booties with the cuffs on his hands so the he can't actually do more than rub his head?

Steph asked if I'd mind taking a bakeshop tour today,checking on cakes to see if any of them would do Cam's birthday cake with Lego guys on it. I doubt they will --they usually wont directly copy any toy item that has a copyright ,but they can sorta freehand draw it ,rather than using the machine or whatever it is that can copy an exact photo .

Anyhow, since she works a LOT ,she asked if I'd mind being the cake -shopper ?

That's like asking a homeless person if they want a blanket in the winter .

Of COURSE I will go cake-shopping. And I do need to buy a SLAB from each bakeshop to test them,right ? ( Although I already KNOW what they all taste like) :tup:cake:tup

Hope everyone has a great day !

Oh, what a wonderful task! Have fun! When you first said having the Lego guys on it I thought that you meant putting some actual Lego figures on the cake and I would think that that would be doable. Just make sure that the Legos have been thoroughly cleaned and put them on the cake or around it. Just a thought as an alternative. I know that you have to be very careful with copyright issues although I wouldn't think it would that much of an issue with a cake.

I spent last night watching TV with the heating pad on my back and shoulder. I even had time yesterday to crochet for the first time in a long time. I got about 1/4 of the center panel of a Celtic knot shawl done which felt wonderful. I also finished up another prayer shawl and hid the tails on a preemie hat. And that's in addition to giving Kim a shower, putting away two loads of laundry, and running stuff here there and yonder in the morning.

I had nightmares for a while last night but finally went into a deep sleep that was restful. My hands hurt something awful this morning, but hopefully the pain meds will kick in soon and they'll let up. The downstairs no longer feels like my space with most of my things gone, which is probably part of why I had the nightmares. Oh well, I'll soon be able to have my things where I want them and won't have to live by someone else's rules.

Hope you all have a good day. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for the support. :ghug

Julie~Enjoy cake eating shopping, sounds like my kinda shopping trip. :)

Judy & Linda~Elijah is at the age where he has his hands in his mouth 99% of the time so the mits are out because he'd just eat them making them soggy. :lol Last night was less itchy than others so I think the cream is working & i'm sure the steroid ointment will help alot today. Thanks for the suggestions though. ;)

Well, i'm off.....have a great day.

Hi Everyone :morcoffee <---that's me, only I'm at work & have managed to make it until now which is lunch time...hoping for smooth sailing to 5pm so I can go home & rest. Attempted to sleep on the couch last night because the hubbo is sick & had crashed in the center of the bed. I didn't really want his cooties anyways. I never did actually sleep thanks to a horrible headache that found its way down my neck & shoulders. I thought about taking some left over pain meds from the dentist but was afraid I'd oversleep. Pssh. I wish! I was awake when the alarm went off & since I didn't sleep it feels more like an extention of Monday...just one looooong Monday...instead of Tuesday. The headache is mostly gone now...I may go for a little walk towards the end of my lunch hour & get fresh air.

Linda ~ sounds like you & I had similar nights, I'm sorry!! Hope you are feeling better & the downtime on the heating pad last night helped.

Valerie ~ whoot, have a ball working on the Bama-ghan! Sounds like a very cool grad present.

Judy - Booo-hisss to the rain & thunder!! I hope the weather clears up to something more enjoyable, but please please don't send that humidity down my way...it'll be here soon enough. Ugh. LEAST favorite thing about life in Virginia.

Julie ~ have fun tasting, err, shopping for cakes!!

Tabitha ~ oh girl, deja'vu. My best friend (like a sister & my kids call her their Aunt) had gastric bypass about 7 years ago to drop weight for invitro, she lost 150 pounds and her mind for about 4 solid years. The invitro didn't take, she divorced her wonderful husband & followed the new attention from other men in bars for quite awhile. She never even came to wish me goodbye when I moved across country because she had a date with a guy 10 years younger. I am happy to say that she is back to "normal" (whatever that really is), she's even been to visit me here in VA, has since left CA and settled in Oklahoma with a wonderful man & expecting her first baby in July. All of that to say - losing alot of weight can really affect peoples psyche & I'm sorry to see it happening in your family. It can be destructive. :bang

And a warm hello & happy day to everyone else! :hug

Hi Everyone :morcoffee <---that's me, only I'm at work & have managed to make it until now which is lunch time...hoping for smooth sailing to 5pm so I can go home & rest. Attempted to sleep on the couch last night because the hubbo is sick & had crashed in the center of the bed. I didn't really want his cooties anyways. I never did actually sleep thanks to a horrible headache that found its way down my neck & shoulders. I thought about taking some left over pain meds from the dentist but was afraid I'd oversleep. Pssh. I wish! I was awake when the alarm went off & since I didn't sleep it feels more like an extention of Monday...just one looooong Monday...instead of Tuesday. The headache is mostly gone now...I may go for a little walk towards the end of my lunch hour & get fresh air.

Linda ~ sounds like you & I had similar nights, I'm sorry!! Hope you are feeling better & the downtime on the heating pad last night helped. :hug

Hi, Kelly. It does indeed sound like we had similar night even if for different reasons. My joints are still really achy today but much better than yesterday.

I've reached the halfway point on the center section of the Celtic Knot shawl. It feels so good to be able to do some crochet again. I've got a small box of yarn that's not packed away so I have some to play with now that the worst of the packing is done. :D

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Sorry I didn't get in sooner, but I'm trying to get through my 'to-do' list of things to prepare for next weeks mall event :bounce Plus today is bill day, which I still need to take care of :eek Not much going on other than all that stuff :lol

Linda - I feel the same way about John and his deck shenanigans! :angry And if the house does sell with that unnoticed, then it'll come back at him later....karma, karma, karma....maybe the one he buys will have it's own issues two fold :think (I'm having those nasty thoughts with you :devil ) I'm so glad to hear that you were able to watch tv and crochet last night :yay:clap Hopefully you won't have any more nightmares :hug

Tab - Glad to hear that Elijah is improving with the cream already :yay

Joanne - I hope isn't too insanely crazy for you today :hug

Julie - Oh boy! A cake tour :bounce Such fun. I agree with Linda, maybe the copyright won't be such a big issue....after all, you'll be eating the evidence :lol I'm sure hoping that this event and the free gift certificates will drive people in and even if some people don't turn in to permanent patients themselves, maybe they'll at least send someone else here :xfin I'm also doing a drawing for a cervical pillow :D

Judy - Hmmmm, maybe you should go to a little yarn shop and do some petting :think

Val - So now you have 2 bama ghans in the works? WTG!

Kel - Oh geez, I sure hope you make it through the day and are feeling better :hug I also hope that dh is feeling better too. You better try to go to bed early tonight :yes

Hi guys

I did my cake-shopping and found that yes, they do enforce copyright rules ,so no Lego cake, although the one store said they can put ninja guys on the cake in the colors they are on the show . I guess they have a lady there who is pretty good at doing a freehand drawing with frosting. It costs 10 bucks extra for that . I'd think that job would be a PERFECT career choice . Don't want all that frosting going to waste if you mess up,right ?

The other store said NOPE ,you buy whatever cakes we have or you CAN stick Lego guys on the cake when you get it . I dropped a note to Steph since she is at work,so we'll see what she thinks . And I DID buy a small slab of cake .I can;t find it for the life of me .... dont know where it went . :think:D

Val

Didn't you say the houndstooth was also in red ? You'll have your share of red after 2 in a row with it !

Jude

Hope you soon get to find some new yarn . Do you have a project idea ahead of time, or will you find the yarn,THEN decide on a project ?

Linda

Sorry you slept so poorly . I agree, John shouldnt be covering up the house's flaws. He needs to repair them properly or list in the contract that it has those flaws,to be sold "as is " . Up here ,they now have a "Guarantee" you put on your house,that to your knowledge,everything is in repaired condition ,and if the buyer purchases a place with coverups ,like his deck, the NEW homeowner has a certain length of time to come back on the previous owner for damages .

I think once you get moved out ,you will have pleasant dreams, because you will be more at peace and your life wont be so hectic and demanding .

Tab

Thanks for stopping in. Keep us updated on yoru family situation. sure hope it all works out for the best. This girl may drop the whole thing or maybe the judge will toss it out .

Kel

Hope your head is better. I've had lots of those type in the neck and shoulders lately. My gosh,they are horrible,arent they ? I can actually hear my neck cracking when I move my head.

I think I need Marisa's services. If I were rich, I'd hire my airplane pilot to run over and pick her up to come help me out . AND I'd give her a big tip .

**** That's if I were RICH . Since I'm not, the best I could do is send her a bus ticket and make up a big VAT of gravy and bicsuits with CAKE as dessert . :D

Hi guys

I did my cake-shopping and found that yes, they do enforce copyright rules ,so no Lego cake, although the one store said they can put ninja guys on the cake in the colors they are on the show . I guess they have a lady there who is pretty good at doing a freehand drawing with frosting. It costs 10 bucks extra for that . I'd think that job would be a PERFECT career choice . Don't want all that frosting going to waste if you mess up,right ?

The other store said NOPE ,you buy whatever cakes we have or you CAN stick Lego guys on the cake when you get it . I dropped a note to Steph since she is at work,so we'll see what she thinks . And I DID buy a small slab of cake .I can;t find it for the life of me .... dont know where it went . :think:D

Val

Didn't you say the houndstooth was also in red ? You'll have your share of red after 2 in a row with it !

Jude

Hope you soon get to find some new yarn . Do you have a project idea ahead of time, or will you find the yarn,THEN decide on a project ?

Linda

Sorry you slept so poorly . I agree, John shouldnt be covering up the house's flaws. He needs to repair them properly or list in the contract that it has those flaws,to be sold "as is " . Up here ,they now have a "Guarantee" you put on your house,that to your knowledge,everything is in repaired condition ,and if the buyer purchases a place with coverups ,like his deck, the NEW homeowner has a certain length of time to come back on the previous owner for damages .

I think once you get moved out ,you will have pleasant dreams, because you will be more at peace and your life wont be so hectic and demanding .

Tab

Thanks for stopping in. Keep us updated on yoru family situation. sure hope it all works out for the best. This girl may drop the whole thing or maybe the judge will toss it out .

Kel

Hope your head is better. I've had lots of those type in the neck and shoulders lately. My gosh,they are horrible,arent they ? I can actually hear my neck cracking when I move my head.

I think I need Marisa's services. If I were rich, I'd hire my airplane pilot to run over and pick her up to come help me out . AND I'd give her a big tip .

**** That's if I were RICH . Since I'm not, the best I could do is send her a bus ticket and make up a big VAT of gravy and bicsuits with CAKE as dessert . :D

Good deal on the cake I think :yes

And that sounds great, we can all gather at your house!!!!! :wink

Hi, again!

Judy - Booo-hisss to the rain & thunder!! I hope the weather clears up to something more enjoyable, but please please don't send that humidity down my way...it'll be here soon enough. Ugh. LEAST favorite thing about life in Virginia.

We had perfect weather this afternoon! Sat outside with my 2 furples for a while and read more of another of Robyn Carr's books - in between jumping up to discourage Lucy (13 mo old German shepherd) from going after the fuzzy honey bees buzzing the big white azaela! I don't want to find out she's allergic - happened to us 4 dogs ago when the poor dog caught a wasp or bee and his entire head swelled up! THAT was scary!

...and summers in NJ are always very, very humid! I detest summer.:P

I hope you have a good night!

Hi, Kelly. It does indeed sound like we had similar night even if for different reasons. My joints are still really achy today but much better than yesterday.

I've reached the halfway point on the center section of the Celtic Knot shawl. It feels so good to be able to do some crochet again. I've got a small box of yarn that's not packed away so I have some to play with now that the worst of the packing is done. :D

Nice!! What color this time?

Linda - I feel the same way about John and his deck shenanigans! :angry And if the house does sell with that unnoticed, then it'll come back at him later....karma, karma, karma....maybe the one he buys will have it's own issues two fold :think (I'm having those nasty thoughts with you :devil ) I'm so glad to hear that you were able to watch tv and crochet last night :yay:clap Hopefully you won't have any more nightmares :hug

Karma is a **tch

Judy - Hmmmm, maybe you should go to a little yarn shop and do some petting :think

I'm hoping to buy some new stuff...need to release the good endorphines, you know:lol

ANd tomorrow is the day:D

Hi guys

At least you got a couple of ideas...

Jude

The yarn speaks to me first - at least in this case - then I'll decide what I'm going to do with it:lol

Esp since I don't have a project I need to do.

Kelly - I hope you've made it home and getting some rest. I hope you feel better soon.

Julie - The football field ghan is more crimson and the houndstooth is black and white with the girl's name in more of a cranberry red on white squares.. I'll probably trim it in the red as well. I'm making up the pattern from a picture of a cake the aunt posted on her facebook page.

Hi all,

Had a decent day at work although there was one looooong meeting this afternoon!!!

It was 75 and beautiful out when I left work. This morning- it was downpours and thunder! What a change.

Getting ready to settle in and finish the baby ghan- I started the border last night so should finish between channel switching!!

Have a good night!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, After all that packing and John's demands on you no wonder your having nightmares. Hope they were a one night thing. To bad he didn't get Lois and Sherri to help you much earlier. It would of been done sooner and you wouldn't be suffering half as much as you are. June can't be here soon enough. What a shame that he isn't fixing the house like he should before he sells it. Glad you enjoyed your dinner out with Lois and Sherri. I wonder how Kim feels about things. The way John is treating you. If she knows but can't stop him it has to be frustrating for her.

Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Julie, Glad your headaches are getting better and the medicine is working for you. Good news about the test saturday night.

Glad things worked out and Cam was still able to come to your house. It wouldn't be fun having to holding to the same grounded rules as home. Lucky for us we haven't run into that yet. Although I did tell DD I thought she was being to hard on Maya once when I was there. And explained why I felt that way. Don't even remember what it was now. I think kids get spring fever just like adults do and it shows in there school work until someone catches it.

Awesome job taste testing cakes for Cam's birthday.

Joanne, The tunisian class sounds interesting. :clap for finishing the rr. It's beautiful! Really nice colors. :clap for spending time with Ryan and family time watching the games with DD and Ryan. The outfits for Ryan sound cute.

Mary, What kind of herbs are you going to grow? How big is your garden? Hope you see Luke soon.

Judy, Sounds like some cute things you picked up out shopping with your friend.

Faile, :clap for some spinning time. Your yarn sounds soft and pretty.

Cindy, It would be nice seeing a mama bear and her babies out and about. Glad you were on the other side of the water. Did she know you were around?

Val, :clap for the progress your making on your Bama ghan and starting your second one. :clap for a visit with family.

Marisa, It sounds like you had a fun weekend. :clap for another patient. I hope the mall is a big turn out and very successful for you.

Tab, So sorry for what your sil is trying to pull and for what it is doing to your family. Some people put should not be on facebook putting on there what they do.

Poor Elijah! Glad the new cream is working for him. My DD use to breakout with a bad rash and it turned out she was allergic to milk.

Kel, Hope your headache went away and you and your DH feel better. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was really nice seeing them. Maya called me the first thing in the morning to wish me a happy birthday. I had a nice relaxing day. We went out to the store and Dh wanted to get me a cake or cupcakes and I said no I didn't need any. We just sit around and did nothing all afternoon except I crocheted on the ghan for GS.

Yesterday I spent most of the day transferring crochet patterns from my documents to a thumb drive. I'm probably 2/3's of the way done there. Have lots more under my favorites. My computer is old it's an xp and I don't want to have it crashing so I need remove stuff.

Today I got up and the internet wouldn't work. I spent all morning trying to figure out what was wrong. I have a modem and a router. The router wouldn't work and it was new in January. The modem worked and the internet worked if the router wasn't hooked up. I finally decided to leave it alone and came back to late this afternoon and did exactly what I did this morning and it worked first try. I guess it just needed a rest.

I had to call the cable company today. I opened the bill and are 12 month special was over. So I asked what they could do for me and I got a fair price for cable. I asked about dvr and she said it usually is $15 and I said I won't pay that much and she said she would give it to me for an extra $5. I said okay. So next tuesday the tech is coming out and installing it. I got a deal on that to.

Hubby starts drawing social security this month. GM pays there retirees there ss benefit if they retire early (30 years or more of service until you reach 62). This month they take it back so now we get two different pay days. I had to adjust the bill paying between the 2 checks. I'll get use to but I don't like it. I don't like changes.

I'm getting off now. I'm tired to. I woke up at 5 I thought my cell phone was ringing and it was off. I was dreaming about my MIL.

Have a good hump day! It is suppose to warm up this week can't wait.

Good morning---and it IS a good morning since the Devils won last night!! They tied the series at 1-1!!

I was thinking about Dusty the other day!! So if you are out there lurking--miss you and your posts and hope that things are all working out for your DD and school!!!

Off to get ready and so happy it's already Hump Day!!! Only 3 more days till Beantown!!!:)

Morning ladies

I'm kinda dopey today so don't remember all the posts ,so willl just answer the ones I can remember .

Jude

Have fun yarn shopping today . Hope you find something reallly pretty .

Linda

Hope you got more sleep last night .

Val

I was mixed up on your houndstooth pattern. I knew you mentioned red or maroon,so was thinking the whole pattern had that color on it . Bet it'll be pretty !

Marlene

Glad you had a nice birthday .Sorry you were having some computer and internet issues,but it sounds like they are all fixed now. I know what you mean about changes with paydays coming at different times. You have to totally redo your budget to have the right bills paid at the right time .

Not much new here today. It's grey right now but supposed to get nicer out . I need to go looking for a couple new lawn chairs .Ours are getting really worn out .

Hope you all have a real nice day today .

Cindy

We miss you . Hope your trip is going well and you are getting some quiet time to rest and relax .

Went to bed early last night and slept much better. It's partly sunny and warm again today. Pulled out all my pots and pans and skillets and assorted other things yesterday. I've got another two boxes so far. Now it's pulling the rest of the things out so John can go through them when he gets home and decide what he wants to keep. I can have anything he doesn't want that I do and the rest goes to Goodwill or the trash.

I'm not really functional yet, but did read all the posts.

Julie, did you check out your stomach for the missing slab of cake? :lol :lol :lol

Kelly, I hope that you and DH are both feeling better by now. :hug

Marisa, it sounds like you have a lot of things going on for the mall event that should bring in more customers. Wishing you the best of luck. :hug

Hooray for reaching the halfway point of the week Joanne. I hated those loooong afternoon meetings when I was working in an office. They take up soooo much time at a time of day when I was never at my best.

Catch up with all of you later. Love you. :manyheart

'morning, peeps!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was really nice seeing them. Maya called me the first thing in the morning to wish me a happy birthday. I had a nice relaxing day. We went out to the store and Dh wanted to get me a cake or cupcakes and I said no I didn't need any. We just sit around and did nothing all afternoon except I crocheted on the ghan for GS.

Sounds liek a perfect birthday to me!

Yesterday I spent most of the day transferring crochet patterns from my documents to a thumb drive. I'm probably 2/3's of the way done there. Have lots more under my favorites. My computer is old it's an xp and I don't want to have it crashing so I need remove stuff.I learned my lesson the hard way and now do that too!

Today I got up and the internet wouldn't work. I spent all morning trying to figure out what was wrong. I have a modem and a router. The router wouldn't work and it was new in January. The modem worked and the internet worked if the router wasn't hooked up. I finally decided to leave it alone and came back to late this afternoon and did exactly what I did this morning and it worked first try. I guess it just needed a rest.We have a Lynksys wi-fi router and there are times I have to unplug the little round doohicky at the back of it and then it works fine.

I had to call the cable company today. I opened the bill and are 12 month special was over. So I asked what they could do for me and I got a fair price for cable. I asked about dvr and she said it usually is $15 and I said I won't pay that much and she said she would give it to me for an extra $5. I said okay. So next tuesday the tech is coming out and installing it. I got a deal on that to. WTG on the horse-trading!:lol You're very good!;)

Hubby starts drawing social security this month. GM pays there retirees there ss benefit if they retire early (30 years or more of service until you reach 62). This month they take it back so now we get two different pay days. I had to adjust the bill paying between the 2 checks. I'll get use to but I don't like it. I don't like changes.

I'm getting off now. I'm tired to. I woke up at 5 I thought my cell phone was ringing and it was off. I was dreaming about my MIL.

Have a good hump day! It is suppose to warm up this week can't wait.

Enjoy your day!

Hi to all my other buddies here...need to get a move on to go pay the property taxes at town hall before my store hopping. B&N will probably be on the tour this morning too :lol

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning housemates :coffee

Not much going on for me. I have some calls to make today and one of my patients is coming in this morning too :clap I volunteered to help out at a CF walk tomorrow, but haven't heard back and also the Pitt Marathon on Sunday that I also haven't heard back from :think

I was talking to my mom last night and she was quite stressed :( My dad has to start taking medication for sugar and was sent home with a machine for testing, which has my mom all a mess. We've been telling him for years that he needs to stop eating so many carbs, but it's what he likes :shrug So he loads up on carbs and then dessert on top of that :eek I told her not to make any extra carbs for dinner and to start making extra protein instead. My dad will eat what's there already, so if she controls what's in the fridge it might get better :think But she's always catered to him :yes

Also my SIL's grandfather passed away and the viewing is Friday. Her sister is buying her a ticket home since she's the only one that wasn't going to be there, so sometime this week her and Madeline will be coming in since Madeline still doesn't need her own ticket yet. My mom feels super bad that the boys won't be coming as well, but there's no way she can afford to buy 4 tickets for them all :no

Judy - Good idea to keep Lucy away from the bees :yes Have fun shopping :devil

Val - The houndstooth ghan sounds super cute :manyheart I hope your appt goes well this morning :hug

Joanne - Glad you had an ok day at work....maybe your upcoming trip to Boston will make all week better :xfin Did you finish up the baby ghan?

Marlene - Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday :c9 Great job with the cable company and I agree about having to change your 'bills schedule' I have an external drive that I keep all of those types of things on as well as back ups for my programs that I wouldn't want to lose :eek

Julie - I hope you're feeling a bit less dopey by now :wink

Linda - Moving right along with the kitchen :yay But, what are you supposed to prepare meals with? Or, are you leaving some necessities out?

Hello everyone!

I've been bad at keeping up with this again. I've had a bad week and haven't had much time to do anything. My mum called last Monday saying she'd been to the doctors and needed to go to the hospital quickly because her finger had turned blue and the doctor thought she had a blood clot :-( After 4 days in hospital and having numerous tests done they confirmed that she did have a blood clot. They put her on a drip and gave her injections and luckily it was caught in time so she's home and fine now. But it was very scary! Especially because Tom, my boyfriend, is a doctor and was at the hospital at the time so was trying to explain things in easier terms for my mum to understand, it was all a bit confusing. And Tom obviously knew what would happen if it was really bad.

But anyway, all is calm this week! She seems to be on the mend now.

The weather was quite bad on the weekend so we finally managed to get some new drawers put together for the bedrooms and I managed to get a lot of crochet done! It was nice to sit, relax and do some crafty things.

I hope everyone's well!

Went to bed early last night and slept much better. It's partly sunny and warm again today.

So glad to hear that!

Hubby is on the mend, I actually slept, but my 17yo text me to say he feels "it" coming on...

Beautiful day here in Southeastern VA, some around the office are complaining it's hot but it feels just right to me.

Love reading & catching up on everyone's posts around here.:)

Hi everyone. :) Just realized I hadn't posted yesterday or yet today! Luke is here and napping, so I'm finally getting some computer time. We've had lots of fun and wagon rides seem to be first on the list today. :lol

Kelly ~ Thank goodness your mom is okay...that must have been very scary for all of you. :hug

I just realized that we have two "Kellys!" Julie (our fearless leader ;)) is really good about figuring out nick names when this happens. :D

Off to read through posts and maybe even crochet for a while. Have a great afternoon, House. :manyheart

Hi, again. The guy was here this afternoon to do an assessment on Kim for a power wheelchair and power bed. He said that the paperwork can take up to 90 days, so probably won't know anything on them for a while.

I've had a bad week and haven't had much time to do anything. My mum called last Monday saying she'd been to the doctors and needed to go to the hospital quickly because her finger had turned blue and the doctor thought she had a blood clot :-( After 4 days in hospital and having numerous tests done they confirmed that she did have a blood clot. They put her on a drip and gave her injections and luckily it was caught in time so she's home and fine now. But it was very scary! Especially because Tom, my boyfriend, is a doctor and was at the hospital at the time so was trying to explain things in easier terms for my mum to understand, it was all a bit confusing. And Tom obviously knew what would happen if it was really bad.

I'm really glad that she's okay, Kelly.

The weather was quite bad on the weekend so we finally managed to get some new drawers put together for the bedrooms and I managed to get a lot of crochet done! It was nice to sit, relax and do some crafty things.

Yay! Some craft time sounds like it was much needed.

Hi everyone. :) Just realized I hadn't posted yesterday or yet today! Luke is here and napping, so I'm finally getting some computer time. We've had lots of fun and wagon rides seem to be first on the list today. :lol

Enjoy every minute with Luke, Mary. They are little for such a short time and are learning so much so fast at this age.

Off to read through posts and maybe even crochet for a while. Have a great afternoon, House. :manyheart

The Celtic Knot prayer shawl is down to about 3 rows on the center portion. It's in RHSS cornmeal.

John got a set of Farberware stainless steel cookware for them last night so that's what we're cooking with now. I've pulled everything else out from under the stove now and he's going to sort through it tonight to see what he wants to keep and what he wants to donate.

All is well.

Kelly - Glad your mom is doing okay and that you got to crochet.

Kel - Glad you and hubby are on the mend...hoping 17 year does not get it.

Almost done with the houndstooth. Will post pictures when done.

Have a good evening all!

Hello everyone!

I've been bad at keeping up with this again. I've had a bad week and haven't had much time to do anything. My mum called last Monday saying she'd been to the doctors and needed to go to the hospital quickly because her finger had turned blue and the doctor thought she had a blood clot :-( After 4 days in hospital and having numerous tests done they confirmed that she did have a blood clot. They put her on a drip and gave her injections and luckily it was caught in time so she's home and fine now. But it was very scary! Especially because Tom, my boyfriend, is a doctor and was at the hospital at the time so was trying to explain things in easier terms for my mum to understand, it was all a bit confusing. And Tom obviously knew what would happen if it was really bad.

I hope everyone's well!

Don't worry about it if you don't get in regularly, just drop by when you can :manyheart Glad to hear that your mum is on the mend :hug

So glad to hear that!

Hubby is on the mend, I actually slept, but my 17yo text me to say he feels "it" coming on...

Beautiful day here in Southeastern VA, some around the office are complaining it's hot but it feels just right to me.

Love reading & catching up on everyone's posts around here.:)

Glad to hear that dh is on the mend and hopefully ds won't get it :xfin

Kelly ~ Thank goodness your mom is okay...that must have been very scary for all of you. :hug

I just realized that we have two "Kellys!" Julie (our fearless leader ;)) is really good about figuring out nick names when this happens. :D

I vote for Kelly and Kel :idea Since one Kelly already has her screen name as Kel :think Or we can always use old reliable of Kelly 1 and Kelly 2 :lol

All is well.

Kelly - Glad your mom is doing okay and that you got to crochet.

Kel - Glad you and hubby are on the mend...hoping 17 year does not get it.

Almost done with the houndstooth. Will post pictures when done.

Have a good evening all!

WTG, is that the one you just started? Or have you been working on it for a while now?

Well, I learned from Phyllis this AM that she had no plans so she met up with me at Michaels! I got Loops and Threads Crayons and soft butter and she got pinks - I forget the exact names, though. We had fun discussing and petting all the yarn:D

Then we browsed in Pier 1 and I bought this mug for myself - just because it made me smile:D:D:D:D

th_2510617.jpg

I was talking to my mom last night and she was quite stressed :( My dad has to start taking medication for sugar and was sent home with a machine for testing, which has my mom all a mess. We've been telling him for years that he needs to stop eating so many carbs, but it's what he likes :shrug So he loads up on carbs and then dessert on top of that :eek I told her not to make any extra carbs for dinner and to start making extra protein instead. My dad will eat what's there already, so if she controls what's in the fridge it might get better :think But she's always catered to him :yesYou're mom will take charge of everything and I'm sure she'll handle it perfectly! It's just a shock - and hard to change life long habits, as you know.

Also my SIL's grandfather passed away and the viewing is Friday. Her sister is buying her a ticket home since she's the only one that wasn't going to be there, so sometime this week her and Madeline will be coming in since Madeline still doesn't need her own ticket yet. My mom feels super bad that the boys won't be coming as well, but there's no way she can afford to buy 4 tickets for them all :noIt's hard being so far away- and never easy to have to go through...

So...how many patients have you seen in your new practice so far?

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone's well!

Lucy they caught it!! And crochet therapy is the best, isn't it?

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Kelly, Glad your Mom is doing better.

Kel, Glad your feeling better. Hope your son doesn't get it to.

Val, Can't wait to see your ghan.

Marisa, Have fun at the two runs this week. It's terrible the prices to fly when you have an emergency and need to get some where. Sorry to hear your SIL's grandfather died. Praying they have a safe trip and return trip home.

Joanne, :clap for making it half way through the week of work.

Judy, What kind of goodies did you get today?

Julie, Hope your feeling better today.

Dusti, Miss you!

Mary, Glad Luke is over today and he is getting his wagon rides.

Linda, Glad the kitchen is almost done. Way to go on the shawl. Glad you got a better nights sleep.

Today was DD's day off and we chatted for awhile. She said a student who goes to Maya's school. There Mom died last week at 37 with Alzheimers (ms). My Grandpa died from it but he was in his 80's and had it for seven years. You just think that it is a disease an older person gets not a young one.

It's official Maya is coming for the summer. DD let Heather (daycare lady) know. She had asked since Maya came last summer.

I seen a really pretty square on facebook this morning. It is on ravelry. It's called Crocodile Stitch Afghan Block: Croco-Dahlia. Going to give it a try.

Will be up and out the door early in the morning. Hubby is going to golf with his brothers tomorrow. There on a league for seniors. Just have to be over 55. The rain is suppose to hold off until late afternoon. It's funny when he use to golf on a league up here and it was on thursdays it almost always rained on thursday. I'm going to go to a couple of garage sales and probably go have coffee with my MIL. I really enjoyed last weeks time with her. One of hubbys brothers takes her every morning and since he is golfing twice a week she don't get out on those days. So she is happy that she gets to get out.

I'll catch everyone later. Have a nice evening!

Archived