Our House Part Two

JulieKay

:DJules, that's great news about the sleep test!!!!

Linda...John HAS NO RIGHT to tell you what to do with eithe ryour money or your free time:angry

...we had a great time with our friends - the guys chatted at the Mall while we girls shopped:D I had a coupon for Chico's and got a turqua and white tank top (goes great with my white jeans) and a long turqua and dull silver necklace and an oversized rounf turqua ring in the same look - sooo happy! I'll use all 3 pieces a lot!!

Have a great night, everyone:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typing on Kindle fire so this will be short. Whike in the Smokey Mountajns park today we saw a mama bear and three cubs drinking from a stream. We were on tbe opposite side of the ztream. Of course I did not have my camera handy. Dh got some shots though.

Tlmorrow we are going to Biltmore.

Checking in!

Linda - WTG. I'm glad you're done. I hope you did treat yourself to dinner. It's almost over and you won't have to listen to him.

Marisa - I was only 30 minutes late and go in on most of the service. They had a guest speaker and the choir was still doing praise and worship songs when we arrived. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. We went to my cousins and house and spent the afternoon with him and my aunt. It was a great visit!

Cindy - Thanks for checking in. Glad you're having fun. Remember to take your camera to the Biltmore...or do they let you take pictures there?

Good night Housemates!!!

Oh, Linda- I'll be so happy when you are on your own. I feel like Judy after reading your post. My BP is up just reading it!! Who the heck does HE think HE is? Let the countdown to freedom begin!!!

Judy- Love turqua and white!!! I'll bet the set will get lots of use!!! Glad you had a good day!

Marisa- yay for another new patient!!!

Cindy- Enjoy the Biltmore- and thanks for checking in!!!

Val - Sounds like you had a good day even if you were 1/2 hr late for services!

I had a good productive day with the pattern organizing. What a load of my mind. Now I want to clean out one of the bookcases and use it for my crochet books and the pattern binders. I really only need to clear out two shelves,but that will have to wait for a few weekends.

The Devils lost their game, but I enjoyed the afternoon with DD and GS!! He is just so cute I also stopped at TJMaxx on my way over to her house and picked up a 3 piece NY Yankee set- It's a onesie, bib and socks!!! Also had picked up a cute onesie that says "When Mom is cranky and Dad's not home, call 1-800 Grandma!!

Have a good night everyone---that is what is left of it!

Morning ladies

Linda

Sure hope this next month goes well for you and that somehow maybe things will speed up with the apartment and money,etc so you can get out of that situation . That is one of my pet peeves when men treat ladies like John is treating you. I'd like to come down there and punch him in the nose. He doesn't sound like he is very smart,especially with the way he is doing this house stuff. I guess I assumed he had the place up for sale already,when you talked about the big move, it was getting closer, they had all the plans made to get moved to a new state ... that's a LOT of pre-planning to do to move to a new state ,sell your house, buy or build another,etc .. Come to find out, he has the big IDEAS of what all he's gonna do, but none of the backup work done yet to do ANY of it . Very odd,to plan things as he has . I wonder if they will actually be able to pull it off or if they will stay right where they are ? What if the house doesnt sell ? Is he wealthy enough to leave it empty and keep making payments on it ,plus another house ? Most people can't afford to do that .

Please be careful with the situation. Those type guys really do NOT like losing control of people . I hope he is all bark and no bite .

Marisa

Great news about another new patient ! Keep up the good work ! When did you say that big shindig is at the mall when you set up the table,etc ?

So did you find some pretty underwears at the VS store ? I've never been to one of them places before. I'd probably get laughed right out of the building if they saw this old grey haired -potato-sack-shaped old lady come in . I just buy my plain old TIDY WHITIES like old ladies wear. I did splurge awhile back and buy some COLORED ones,so I'm branching out a bit and going out on a limb . :D

Good to hear you are enjoying the Hunger Game books . I still havent caved in and gotten it yet. Not sure it'd be the type of book I'd like,but everyone seems to love it,so I might be surprised by it .

Jude

Sounds like you had a really enjoyable day yesterday,plus found some really pretty things on your shopping trip .

Cindy

Wow, that was neat that you guys saw the bears ! Last time we were there, we kept hoping to see at least one out in the woods someplace,but the only one we saw was penned up at a gift shop. He looked so very sad ...

Bet you'll have fun on the tour today !

Val

Sounds like you had a nice time yesterday with church and the family visit. I had to chuckle when you said you were waiting on your SLOW sister. Do they all have different speeds ? She must be the one that never gets anyplace on time . I do that a little bit when I have Dr appts . They always tell me be there 15 minutes early,but I HATE waiting in Dr's offices. It makes me nervous, just SITTING .... waiting for them to call your name. I'm not a magazine reader, can't concentrate on a book when I'm going into the doc.. I keep trying to remember what all I need to ask them or tell them,so I try to keep those things in mind.. I end up watching other people or talking to others while waiting . I do fairly well at most of my docs now since I know them all,it's not as nerve wracking ,but it still makes me edgey feeling to just SIT ....

Joanne

Sounds like you had a nice Sunday ,visiting with your girl and watching your game and spending time with your crochet a bit .

Thanks for the tip about buying the machine. I'll have to give insurance a call once I get the official order or however they do it ,from the doctor .

The tech the other night said the Dr's office would call me this week about it .

Too bad your team lost,but sounds like you found some neat things on your shopping trip. I can tell Ryan is being raised in a sports-loving environment ! One of these days he will be signed up for baseball,football,and maybe other sports, so you guys will get to go watch him play his games each week . Bet you will have so much fun !

Cam has tried lots of them but he's not much into sports so far. I think he'd be great at basketball since he is so tall,but he doesnt seem to be much interested,so maybe he will choose other things in school to take part in .

Not much new in Podunk Land . Yesterday was a quiet day . Seemed odd without Cam here, but Steph said him and Mike's boy had a fun day,so that's good . Our day was very quiet ,which sometimes quiet is a good thing. Gives you time to gather your thoughts I guess .

Today is payday,so it's also errand day .Bank,store,etc ... Guess I'll get out a bit and get things done early this morning .

Hope you all have a great day :)

Good morning Housemates!

Judy - your purchases sound so pretty.

Joanne - Glad you had fun with DD & GS. I know Ryan is going to play every sport. We did the peewee ball and baseball with my nephews and neice. However, they did not like sports well enough to play.

Julie - You are soooo funny. No, pretty much the other two and I run on the same speed. She has always been very slow moving in everything. My mom had my youngest sister 11 months after this sister and some of our elders say she never had the chance to be THE baby. She's very smart but slow moving. Take it easy running your errands. Have a great day.

Have a good Monday Housemates!!!

'morning my peeps!:hug:manyheart

It's a beautiful, sunny and very cool morning - my kind of weather!

I decided to chug along on my 3-color saltine baby ghan to see if I can kick start the mojo - at least until can get over to look at some pretty yarn to add to my stash - that won't be till Wed at the earliest...

Typing on Kindle fire so this will be short. Whike in the Smokey Mountajns park today we saw a mama bear and three cubs drinking from a stream. We were on tbe opposite side of the ztream. Of course I did not have my camera handy. Dh got some shots though.

Tlmorrow we are going to Biltmore.

Oh...what a wonderful site that had to be! I'm jealous!!

Happy that DH got a picture, though - :D

Oh, Linda- I'll be so happy when you are on your own. I feel like Judy after reading your post. My BP is up just reading it!! Who the heck does HE think HE is? Let the countdown to freedom begin!!!

That's what happens when a person as nice as Linda works and LIVES with the person she cares for - people forget that they only pay her salary - penal servitude went out hundreds of years ago! I'm still steaming.

Judy- Love turqua and white!!! I'll bet the set will get lots of use!!! Glad you had a good day!

It will get used alot! More use than any of the pricey, beautiful shoes I was looking at while my friend tried on and bought some! I couldn't justify the cost...Lord and Taylor is where she got the shoes. JCPenny's is more my style - and price:lol

The Devils lost their game, but I enjoyed the afternoon with DD and GS!! He is just so cute I also stopped at TJMaxx on my way over to her house and picked up a 3 piece NY Yankee set- It's a onesie, bib and socks!!! Also had picked up a cute onesie that says "When Mom is cranky and Dad's not home, call 1-800 Grandma!!

Have a good night everyone---that is what is left of it!

Oh, the baby things sound sooooo cute! After having daughters I can see you're having a blast with a grandson:D

Have a wonderful day my friends:hug

Good morning. My fingers don't want to work yet! But, essentially, the downstairs is done. I vacuumed the main part and John vacuumed the stairs. Now the people can come and clean the whole house. And now he's waiting on Joey and Jason to finish the outside and other touch up stuff. He wants me to go through the kitchen cabinets this week and pack up all my stuff, which means that we won't have any pots and pans to cook with since we've been using mine for most of the time I've lived here. His were sad to put it nicely.

Linda...John HAS NO RIGHT to tell you what to do with either your money or your free time:angry

As I've said before, he's a control freak with his own priorities which have nothing to do with what's fair for me.

...we had a great time with our friends - the guys chatted at the Mall while we girls shopped:D I had a coupon for Chico's and got a turqua and white tank top (goes great with my white jeans) and a long turqua and dull silver necklace and an oversized rounf turqua ring in the same look - sooo happy! I'll use all 3 pieces a lot!!:manyheart

Ooooo, the top and jewelry sound lovely.

Tomorrow we are going to Biltmore.

What a great experience to see mama and babies, but I'm glad they were on the other side of the stream. Enjoy the Biltmore.

He's burned his bridges with me. Even if they end up staying here for a lot longer than he wants I won't be coming back. I've had it and am looking forward to being able to do what I want when I want.

I had a good productive day with the pattern organizing. What a load of my mind. Now I want to clean out one of the bookcases and use it for my crochet books and the pattern binders. I really only need to clear out two shelves,but that will have to wait for a few weekends.

Yay! Good job.

Oh how cute!

Sure hope this next month goes well for you and that somehow maybe things will speed up with the apartment and money,etc so you can get out of that situation . That is one of my pet peeves when men treat ladies like John is treating you. I'd like to come down there and punch him in the nose. He doesn't sound like he is very smart,especially with the way he is doing this house stuff. I guess I assumed he had the place up for sale already,when you talked about the big move, it was getting closer, they had all the plans made to get moved to a new state ... that's a LOT of pre-planning to do to move to a new state ,sell your house, buy or build another,etc .. Come to find out, he has the big IDEAS of what all he's gonna do, but none of the backup work done yet to do ANY of it . Very odd,to plan things as he has . I wonder if they will actually be able to pull it off or if they will stay right where they are ? What if the house doesnt sell ? Is he wealthy enough to leave it empty and keep making payments on it ,plus another house ? Most people can't afford to do that .

He's hoping to rent the house if it doesn't sell right away for enough to cover the mortgage payments. Unfortuately there are lots of houses for rent around here too so I'm not all that sure that that will work out. John worked himself out of his job. He's looking forward to not working for a bit, but he's also talking about getting a job after the first of the year. Good luck. He'll be 65 then and getting a job at his age is going to be a lot tougher than he thinks it will be.

Marisa, So did you find some pretty underwears at the VS store ? I've never been to one of them places before. I'd probably get laughed right out of the building if they saw this old grey haired -potato-sack-shaped old lady come in . I just buy my plain old TIDY WHITIES like old ladies wear. I did splurge awhile back and buy some COLORED ones,so I'm branching out a bit and going out on a limb . :D

Oh Julie you crack me up!

I do that a little bit when I have Dr appts . They always tell me be there 15 minutes early,but I HATE waiting in Dr's offices. It makes me nervous, just SITTING .... waiting for them to call your name. I'm not a magazine reader, can't concentrate on a book when I'm going into the doc.. I keep trying to remember what all I need to ask them or tell them,so I try to keep those things in mind.. I end up watching other people or talking to others while waiting . I do fairly well at most of my docs now since I know them all,it's not as nerve wracking ,but it still makes me edgey feeling to just SIT ....

I usually take a book and/or crochet with me so I have something to occupy me while I wait. It helps when the wait turns out to be long.

Not much new in Podunk Land . Yesterday was a quiet day . Seemed odd without Cam here, but Steph said him and Mike's boy had a fun day,so that's good . Our day was very quiet ,which sometimes quiet is a good thing. Gives you time to gather your thoughts I guess .

Today is payday,so it's also errand day .Bank,store,etc ... Guess I'll get out a bit and get things done early this morning . :)

Have a great day Julie.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Rosie is going to sit with Kim during her breathing treatment this morning so that I can drop things off, mail things and do other stuff that I can't do on the weekend or after John gets home late in the evening.

Catch up with you all later. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing exciting going on here. I have a new patient scheduled for 1 :clap

Linda - :yay for finishing up and please let your body rest. Did you go out to treat yourself to dinner? I feel like everyone else....just counting down the days until your freedom returns to you :hug :hug John makes me so mad along with everyone else :angry

Judy - Your new top, necklace, and ring sound beautiful :manyheart I also like JCP's and stay away from those high end ones. Are the saltines helping you find your mojo?

Cindy - How exciting to see the bears :bounce Have fun at Biltmore, I sure hope they let you take pictures while you're there :xfin

Val - Glad to hear you weren't too awfully late and got to spend time with family :clap

Joanne - Sorry the Devils lost yesterday. Ryan's yankee outfit sounds cute....even though I don't like the yankees :eek

Julie - The mall event is May 10th, it's a Thursday. I only got my free panties that I had a coupon for, so didn't spend anything :yes As for the Hunger Games, I started the 2nd book yesterday after I got home and only have 2 chapters left right now. I'll finish it up when I jump on the eliptical later and then I guess I'll buy the 3rd. They are very riveting and extremely well written, however, it's also quite apalling :eek I can't put it down :no Have fun running your errands

Finished my running around for today. Sent 3 boxes of geneology stuff off to my DD via UPS, dropped off stuff at the church, and bears at the Juvenile Court. Kim refused to leave her breathing treatment mask on for Rosie so will see to giving her that after lunch. She's really feisty today. :devil

Hi Ladies. :waving Time for me to take a break from cleaning and laundry!

Julie ~ Yay for getting through the tests. :manyheart I just know the new machine will give you some relief and more sleep!

Joanne ~ Way to go on organizing your patterns. :cheer I started doing that about 4 years ago...it's sort of like photos and recipes. :blush Maybe this year, I'll actually catch up with all three! :lol

Cindy ~ Your trip sounds like a true vacation! Enjoy!

Valerie ~ I have two sisters and one brother. One of my sisters is getting better at being on time...she's almost 65. :ohdear:wink

Judy ~ Oooh, I love Chicos! Yay for buying yourself some new things. :yes

Marisa ~ Congratulations on another new patient. :cheer It seems like everyone is talking about the Hunger Games books...my neighbor offered to loan the books to me!

Linda ~ It doesn't sound like John has a clue about selling a house! Listing ''by owner" involves so much extra time and paperwork, a title lawyer, etc. Does he expect you to show the house, take care of Kim, and do all the other things you do??!! Like everyone else, I hate that he speaks to you the way he does. :hug:manyheart

BBL! Need to finish a few things. :)

Linda - Hopefully after you finish with Kim, you can slow down a little and relax!

Mary - Good to hear from you. Did you get to spend any time with Luke this past weekend? My sister just turned 50 in Jan. You mean we still have 15 more years before she even starts to get better? lol

Marisa - I'm glad your business is growing. Before you know it, you'll have to hire a chiro to help you with all the business. I read the same way. If it's a good book, I'll stay up all night and finish it.

BBL!

Hello. Sorry about being MIA, but the family issues had me twisted for a bit & I had to untwist myself. :P These issues have unfortunately left us a family court date in May on complete false alligations.

Long story short.....my SIL lost 70 pounds, bought boobs, & changed. Did some photo shoots oiled up & in lingerie looking (What she calls a bikini) lacy, string holding, and tiny fabric. My boys have facebook & she posted these pics publicly so as a parenting decision we blocked the boys from seeing her page. WELL.....this went over horribly! We apologized for her hurt feelings & she carried on as far as claiming my Hubby sent her threatening messages which he did not (I have proof) & she filed a restraining order filled with lies. I no longer can see Lily, which is horrible & my brother is allowing this. She went further by involving my sister & is taking her to court also & even cut my parents out which have nothing to do with any of this. It has all made my entire family saddened & ill. So now my Hubby had to get a lawyer & is fighting all of her nasty lies.....he shouldn't have to since he did nothing.....it was her only way to get to me because I wouldn't feed into her insanity. Imagine the long version.....:angry

This had me so twisted I almost let it affect my well-being.....& my Hubby battled with that as well. :(

Sorry to rant, but I had to let it out.

I also had to take Elijah to the dermatologist today because he has had a horrible dry itchy rash for about 2 months. It is of course atopic dermatitis or eczema.....the doc said he'll probably fight this battle for years. I have to soak him twice a day, apply a special lotion & a steroidal cream. He has to have exspensive soap, cream, & laundry soap UGH! AND NO yarn blankies or hats :eek Don't they know who I am? :eek The yarn causes it to flare up & weep.....poor baby. :(

Hello. Sorry about being MIA, but the family issues had me twisted for a bit & I had to untwist myself. :P These issues have unfortunately left us a family court date in May on complete false alligations.

Long story short.....my SIL lost 70 pounds, bought boobs, & changed. Did some photo shoots oiled up & in lingerie looking (What she calls a bikini) lacy, string holding, and tiny fabric. My boys have facebook & she posted these pics publicly so as a parenting decision we blocked the boys from seeing her page. WELL.....this went over horribly! We apologized for her hurt feelings & she carried on as far as claiming my Hubby sent her threatening messages which he did not (I have proof) & she filed a restraining order filled with lies. I no longer can see Lily, which is horrible & my brother is allowing this. She went further by involving my sister & is taking her to court also & even cut my parents out which have nothing to do with any of this. It has all made my entire family saddened & ill. So now my Hubby had to get a lawyer & is fighting all of her nasty lies.....he shouldn't have to since he did nothing.....it was her only way to get to me because I wouldn't feed into her insanity. Imagine the long version.....:angry

This had me so twisted I almost let it affect my well-being.....& my Hubby battled with that as well. :(

I also had to take Elijah to the dermatologist today because he has had a horrible dry itchy rash for about 2 months. It is of course atopic dermatitis or eczema.....the doc said he'll probably fight this battle for years. I have to soak him twice a day, apply a special lotion & a steroidal cream. He has to have exspensive soap, cream, & laundry soap UGH! AND NO yarn blankies or hats :eek Don't they know who I am? :eek The yarn causes it to flare up & weep.....poor baby. :(

Oh honey :hug :hug :hug :hug

I am so sorry that your SIL is doing this, I don't know why people put stuff like that of fb either :no This is surely a 'safe place' for you to come and let it all out :hug

I hope Eli's skin is doing better. I have horrible skin and can't wear perfumes or metals. If I want to wear a belt I need to tuck in a shirt or coat the buckle in clear nailpolish so my stomach doesn't break out :eek I use the all clear laundry detergent, which I'm fine with and as for bar soap, I can use dove sensitive and it's ok. I don't know if any of those would work for an infant, but price wise...it might be worth a try :think

Mary - Good to hear from you. Did you get to spend any time with Luke this past weekend? My sister just turned 50 in Jan. You mean we still have 15 more years before she even starts to get better? lol

:lol I hope you don't have to wait that long! :D I haven't seen Luke since late last week, but he might be here for the day on Wednesday. :)

Tabby ~ :hug to you and your family. Maybe your SIL's weight loss affected her brain! 'Hope she and your brother realize what this is doing to your whole family.:hug I know things have changed a lot since my DD was a baby (she's 37), but she too was diagnosed with eczema at about 6 months. It cleared up and never came back!

Time for a little crocheting. :hook

Tab - sorry about the family issue! Wow...:(

...and about the eczema on Eli - DS had it when an infant. too - but outgrew it!

Judy - Your new top, necklace, and ring sound beautiful :manyheart I also like JCP's and stay away from those high end ones. Are the saltines helping you find your mojo?

They are - I love turqua - it's also one of my birthstones:)

...and not sure about finding my mojo, but I just decided I wanted to work on finishing it - and the colors are pretty, but it no longer excites me.

I think I have crochet ADD:lol

2 more days and I will be off browsing in Michaels for some new yarn/colors.:D

Judy ~ Oooh, I love Chicos! Yay for buying yourself some new things. :yes

I love that store, too:)

Marisa ~ Congratulations on another new patient. :cheer It seems like everyone is talking about the Hunger Games books...my neighbor offered to loan the books to me!I was like Marisa: once I got book 2 I raced through it - then had to get right on book 3! Very thought provoking an dstarted a lot of discussion at our book club, even though we had only read the first book.

Did you get more stuff done or did your hook win today?:lol

Yankees and Rangers both play tonight - the "last" button on the remote is going to get a work out!:lol

Have a great night, my friends!!:hug:manyheart

Linda ~ It doesn't sound like John has a clue about selling a house! Listing ''by owner" involves so much extra time and paperwork, a title lawyer, etc. Does he expect you to show the house, take care of Kim, and do all the other things you do??!! Like everyone else, I hate that he speaks to you the way he does. :hug:manyheart:)

I guess he thinks he can handle everything.

Oh, Tabby, what a mess. We're all pulling for you and hubby. :hug :hug :hug :hug Sometimes losing a lot of weight, and fixing things that aren't the way you want them does a number on a person. That kind of exhibitionism certainly isn't for children to see, especially when it's a relative!

My son had eczema as a child, but it got a lot better after he went through puberty. Cold triggered his among other things.

John is home so I'm going downstairs and take it easy. :manyheart

Thanks everyone. :manyheart I'm in a better place about the whole situation now.....it just took a little bit along with a whole lot of tears & screams.

Eli's eczema already is improving after only one soaking & slathering of the Cera Ve cream......the pharmacy didn't even fill the steroidal ointment yet so having such an improvement with just the OTC cream is amazing. :clap The doc did say he'd outgrow it, but when no one knows.....everyone is different. I will just be glad when he's not digging himself bloody. We were waking up in the morning to a bloody head because he was digging while he was asleep & that was with no nails because I cut them everyother day due to his itching. :eek

Well, i'm off for the night.........have a great night. :ghug

Good morning!

Tab- I'm sorry that you have to go through this family drama!:hug Good news, though that the cream seems to have helped Eli after only one use!:) Hang in there- and any time you need to vent you know we are all here for you:hug

Judy- Saw that the Rangers lost, but the Yankees won! Tonight the Devils play- and so do the Yankees, so I guess my 'last' button will be getting a workout tonight!:lol

Linda- Hope that you got some rest last night! You have accomplished so much in such a little amount of time. Should be interesting to see how you are supposed to cook when you pack up all 'your' pots/pans!

Julie, Marisa, Val, Mary, Cindy and the rest of the house-hope you all have a good day

Morning ladies

Jude

Did you find your Mojo yet, or it it still hiding ? Did you get any more of the baby squares made ?

Val

Did you get a chance to work anymore on your afghan yesterday ?

Linda

Hope you were able to get a good rest last night and maybe some peace of mind knowing all your work is done . What a big job, huh ?

Mary

I hope you got your work all done yesterday and got a little free time to do what you wanted .

Marisa

I hope your May 10th event goes well and you reel in a whole bunch of new people. If you do the one free visit thing then hopefully you will get lots of interested parties that will turn into permanent patients .

Tab

Wow, what to say ? THAT is one odd situation . Why in the world your brother's wife thought it appropriate to put photos of herself online in such a "lack of taste " photo, I'll never know. It's great if she wanted to lose weight to feel better ,but stripping half nekkid and plastering that photo around was done in very poor taste . You as a parent had every right to block the photo. This lady is supposed to be a family member that gives your boys a good influence .

It's stupid if she is claiming Shenandoah sent threatening letters online. Doesnt she know they can find that stuff on people's computers ? If it's not tru,then she doesnt have a leg to stand on .

It's sad that you not only have to go to court over it,but have to hire a lawyer, PLUS she is involving the entire family in her dispute . I'm sorry your brother is siding with her on that part and not allowing you access to see your niece . I hate it when people put kids in the middle of their adult disputes. NOT GOOD .

Sure hope you can find a way to get the issue resolved before the actual court date thing. Doesnt life get really complicated when one thing like this turns in such a huge battle ?

**Sure hope the meds work for Eli so he doesnt itch so much. Doesnt sound very pleasant !

Joanne

Sorry I must have missed your morning post. I think we were replying both at the same time. Hope your day speeds by quickly !

Not a lot on tap here today .VERY wet and grey this AM ... we were supposed to have bad storms last night,but if we did, Ididnt hear them . I think it was just rain . Hope it gets sunny out today !

Steph asked if I'd mind taking a bakeshop tour today,checking on cakes to see if any of them would do Cam's birthday cake with Lego guys on it. I doubt they will --they usually wont directly copy any toy item that has a copyright ,but they can sorta freehand draw it ,rather than using the machine or whatever it is that can copy an exact photo .

Anyhow, since she works a LOT ,she asked if I'd mind being the cake -shopper ?

That's like asking a homeless person if they want a blanket in the winter .

Of COURSE I will go cake-shopping. And I do need to buy a SLAB from each bakeshop to test them,right ? ( Although I already KNOW what they all taste like) :tup:cake:tup

Hope everyone has a great day !

'morning, peeps!

Rainy this AM and some thunder....it's already humid and the weather will be warming up till it gets to about 80 by Friday.

Oh, well, the cool weather couldn't last forever:lol

I guess he thinks he can handle everything.

It's sad....

I hope you had a good night!

Thanks everyone. :manyheart I'm in a better place about the whole situation now.....it just took a little bit along with a whole lot of tears & screams.

Venting helps;)

Eli's eczema already is improving after only one soaking & slathering of the Cera Ve cream......the pharmacy didn't even fill the steroidal ointment yet so having such an improvement with just the OTC cream is amazing. :clap The doc did say he'd outgrow it, but when no one knows.....everyone is different. I will just be glad when he's not digging himself bloody. We were waking up in the morning to a bloody head because he was digging while he was asleep & that was with no nails because I cut them everyother day due to his itching. :eek

Well, i'm off for the night.........have a great night. :ghug

Ever try those baby outfits with the mitten-type attachments to the sleeves??

Jude

Did you find your Mojo yet, or it it still hiding ? Did you get any more of the baby squares made ?

No real mojo, but decided to plod along on the baby ghan. I made more saltines yesterday and have been attaching them and taking care of the tails as I've been going along. The colors do look pretty together.

Maybe it's time for another graph square - or the butterfly shawl. I just need to have some quiet time when Lucy isn't antagonizing Sparkie....right under my feet, which is where they like to play fight! Babies...:lol

Not a lot on tap here today .VERY wet and grey this AM ... we were supposed to have bad storms last night,but if we did, Ididnt hear them . I think it was just rain .We got the thunder and buckets of rain at 5:15AM!

Steph asked if I'd mind taking a bakeshop tour today,checking on cakes to see if any of them would do Cam's birthday cake with Lego guys on it. I doubt they will --they usually wont directly copy any toy item that has a copyright ,but they can sorta freehand draw it ,rather than using the machine or whatever it is that can copy an exact photo .

Anyhow, since she works a LOT ,she asked if I'd mind being the cake -shopper ?

That's like asking a homeless person if they want a blanket in the winter .

Of COURSE I will go cake-shopping. And I do need to buy a SLAB from each bakeshop to test them,right ? ( Although I already KNOW what they all taste like) :tup:cake:tup

Oh...cake shopping - yummo!!

You're right about the copyright thing - though I'm sure they can probably do a good representation freehand.

Joanne, I hope your day speeds by - enjoy the channel surfing tonight! The weather should be fine for the Yankee game - I think.

Hi to everyone else...BBL today!:hug

Good morning Housemates!

I've started the Bama houndstooth ghan because it's due at the end of the month for a graduation present. The Bama football field is not due until August. I'm working on the A in the girl's name. I'll then attach the letters and start the houndstooth above the lettering.

Tab - CeraVe is considered the best cleaning/moisturizing system right now. When I had my store, I could not keep it on the shelf. It is a good product. Glad it's helping Eli. Sorry about your sil causing such a mess. Lifting you and family up in prayer!:hug

Linda - I'm hoping you had a great evening relaxing and doing what you wanted.

Joanne - You must be in sports Heaven. Hopefully, today will go fast for you and you can get back to channel surfing.

Julie - Hoping you had a restful night and feeling good today. Have fun cake shopping. Don't sample too much!:devil

Judy - I wish I was going yarn shopping with you. Enjoy your day!

Wishing the rest of the Housemates a great day!

BBL.

Archived