Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Quick flyby from me. Work went well, although it was busy.

busy is good - makes it fly by! Way back in the day when I was a nurses aide I loved day shift - once did an evening shift and I was so bored I couldn't believ it. Time dragged so much...

Hope you are all having a good Sunday.

Hunkered down on this rainy day - did some writing and reading...Greek soup was made and was a success...

Judy~My kids talk to me about everything & that is where I am finding the difficulty in teen years......there are just some things I don't want to hear or need to hear. :eek
Oh, yes...we've both experienced that feeling!!:lol

A HUGE thank you to you all for Jaden's well wishes....he woke up much better & fever free. :clap I guess it was a horrible 24 hour tumy bug.

That's great. Kids are so resilient!

Have a good night my friends:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, again. I've worked hard today on the downstairs and treated myself to supper at O'Charley's tonight. Had the seafood trio (popcorn shrimp, butterfly shrimp, and fish) with caesar salad and loaded baked potato. Also rolls with butter and iced tea. Saved half of it for tomorrow.

Gael still hasn't shown up, so not sure what happened with her today. Hope she shows up tomorrow or it will make finishing on time a bear. Two bookcases completely emptied and moved under the house. And lots of things sorted and boxed for Goodwill, trash, and moving.

I know on the afghan,the smartest move would be to take it in short burst,but I'd rather push through and complete it as fast as possible . I'm pretty miserable this afternoon,though . I'm getting a headache and really having a struggle to breathe .

This afghan was probably not a good idea,but I always think handmade items mean so much more than store bought . I think it's getting to the point where I really don't have a choice anymore . Very aggravating to give up something you have done for most of your life .

Awwww, Julie. Take a break and feel better soon. :hug :hug :hug

Judy~My kids talk to me about everything & that is where I am finding the difficulty in teen years......there are just some things I don't want to hear or need to hear. :eek

How true!

Have a good evening everyone. :manyheart

Good morning and welcome to Monday!

Linda- that's a shame that Gael didn't show up --that's a lot of work emptying two bookcases and packing them up. Good for you treating yourself to a good meal- with leftovers for today!!

Hope you all have a good day! Still raining here, but not heavily now. We really did need the rain, so I'm glad it forced a 'stay inside day" yesterday!

Morning folks

Hope everyone is up and at 'em today .It's like winter time outside. FREEZING cold . Hope it's just a one day thing and will start on the upswing tomorrow . We got spoiled with such a mild winter .

Talked to one of my favorite cousins last night on the phone. She will be at reunion with us,can't wait to see her . Everyone is getting excited about our motel time,and all of them are coming an extra night earlier this year,so we are trying to think of some fun things to do . I think that night will be mainly swimming. Most everyone that goes loves the pool. I'm not a swimmer myself,so I just sit and yak to everyone .

We have a few more people coming too. As close as I can count, we will have 33 people staying there at the motel ,so it should be fun to have such a big group .

Hope you all have a good day . Will check in again later .

'morning, peeps!

We got almost 3 inches of rain over the weekend! Sure needed it though....

Linda, I hope she shows up! Boy, you are going to soooooooo love your freedom!!

Jules, what a blast you're going to have at the reunion! Have you thought of putting a "countdown" in your siggy line here?:)

Off I go...food store run again...

No hook time for me lately - been writing and reading a lot...and feel so jazzed about it!

BBL!:hug:manyheart

Good morning. Very cold here today too.

Linda, hope Gael shows up today.

Julie, the family reunion sounds like it will be a lot of fun. When will it be?

I have spent the morning so far planning things to do when we go on vacation later this week. I bought tickets to a murder mystery dinner show, "Whodunnit Lucy?" I assume the food will be lousy, but the show has some good reviews on trip advisor. I have always loved the "I Love Lucy" show, so when I saw this, I knew I had to see it.

I also purchased tickets for the Biltmore Estate. I've always wanted to see it, and DH has finally heard enough good things about it to want to go as well.

Well, better get going, cleaning and laundry await!

Good morning. Boy is it chilly today! And windy too. What a change from in the 80s and 90s last week.

Gael still hasn't shown up. I just hope that she's okay. It really has turned John off that she didn't follow through on what she said she was going to do and that he couldn't get hold of her on the phone.

I found my missing pattern for the Celtic Knot prayer shawl yesterday. I knew it was around somewhere. It had slid into a different bag. Now it's back where it belongs.

Hope you all have a good day. :manyheart

Good Morning Ladies ~ Hoping you’ll entertain a newbie! Well, I’m not exactly a newbie…I’ve been a member since 2006, just been MIA these last few months - actually pretty much since the Winter Scarf Swap this past season. I learned to sew last year so a lot of my crochet time was turned into sewing-obsession time!! But crochet is just one of those loves that you can never really let go of & I’ve been playing with my yarn a little more these days.

I’m a married mom of 3 – my oldest son is grown, my middle is about to graduate high school, & my youngest will be 12 this weekend. I work full time in Admin for a seafood company – love my job but now that Lent is over & summer hasn’t quite begun the seafood industry is sloooow. Kinda nice to have time to taske breaks & google patterns or crochet on my lunch hour.

I live on the coast in VA – the weather has been pretty nice but a cold rain hit yesterday & that suited my mood just fine. I had a tooth pulled Friday & it was kind of a big deal for me since my one true fear is the dentist so I spent the last few days on the couch. The rain made it feel cozy. I’ve got more work to be done but now that I’ve found a nice doctor I’m a little less freaked out.

Anyways, I’ve poked around the board here some & you all seem like a fun group! Couldn’t help but want to say hello…so...Hello!:hi

Hi Kel, and welcome. I'm Cindy, I have three adult children, two daughters and a son, (plus a son in law), and four grandsons. I work part time as a critical care nurse.

I am also an avid sewer. (I own four sewing machines, and a serger.)

(I own four sewing machines, and a serger.)

FOUR...AND a serger!!! I'm green with envy:h5

FOUR...AND a serger!!! I'm green with envy:h5

I actually had 5, but I sold one to a young woman who wanted to get into sewing. It's not quite as extravagant as it sounds though, I often sew with my grown daughters.

Two of my machines are very old, although they both sew beautifully. I bought them for next to nothing form a woman who buys and repairs old machines as a hobby. She sells them when she runs out of room. All my machines are Kenmores and none of them are fancy. One of the old ones does monograms and both the old ones do embroidery stitches with cams that you insert in a holder on top of the machine. They work surprisingly well.

My mom recently passed away and I was offered her sewing machine and serger as well. My sister in law has them though, I did not think I needed any more machines.

Good Morning Ladies ~ Hoping you’ll entertain a newbie! Well, I’m not exactly a newbie…I’ve been a member since 2006, just been MIA these last few months - actually pretty much since the Winter Scarf Swap this past season. I learned to sew last year so a lot of my crochet time was turned into sewing-obsession time!! But crochet is just one of those loves that you can never really let go of & I’ve been playing with my yarn a little more these days.

I’m a married mom of 3 – my oldest son is grown, my middle is about to graduate high school, & my youngest will be 12 this weekend. I work full time in Admin for a seafood company – love my job but now that Lent is over & summer hasn’t quite begun the seafood industry is sloooow. Kinda nice to have time to taske breaks & google patterns or crochet on my lunch hour.

I live on the coast in VA – the weather has been pretty nice but a cold rain hit yesterday & that suited my mood just fine. I had a tooth pulled Friday & it was kind of a big deal for me since my one true fear is the dentist so I spent the last few days on the couch. The rain made it feel cozy. I’ve got more work to be done but now that I’ve found a nice doctor I’m a little less freaked out.

Anyways, I’ve poked around the board here some & you all seem like a fun group! Couldn’t help but want to say hello…so...Hello!:hi

Hi, Kelly. Welcome to Our House. I'm Linda and a companion/care giver for a lady who has three major strokes. John and Kim are going to be moving to Texas the end of the summer to be near their son and grandchildren and I've decided to stay here in Cumming, GA where I have a very strong support group of friends. I wasn't looking forward to living in the country and having to find new doctors, friends, church, etc. with the closest town 16 miles away.

I also sew as well as crocheting and knitting. I just have two sewing machines, both of which I won at quilt expos in the last two years. My next door neighbor and best friend taught me to quilt several years ago so I spend my spare time divided among my various hobbies. Kim loves to watch me as I'm creating things and laughs at me when I make a mistake and have to rip something apart and redo it. :lol I've got half a dozen quilts in progress at various stages, so that I've been working on for several years. I make prayer shawls and preemie afghans for outreach programs at two different churches.

I have two adult children and one grandchild.

Hi House. :)

Kelly ~ Welcome! We love newbies and we're very glad you're here. :manyheart We have one daughter and son-in-law, a two year old grandson named Luke and DD is expecting in October. :c9 I'm with you on dentists...we love our dentist, but it still makes me nervous every time I go!:lol

Cindy ~ Your vacation sounds fabulous. I know you'll have a wonderful time!

Linda ~ Gee, your "helper" being MIA doesn't sound good for her job prospects! I hope you aren't trying to do too much by yourself. :hug

Well, what's the saying about "best laid plans...?" We spent an hour in the yard yesterday before the phone started ringing. DH had to go to the office for something and then more family stuff came up.

So, I'm off to the store, post office, etc. and then maybe some yard therapy. :D

Cindy - I have a wonderful Singer which works wonderfully for me, just wish it monogrammed/embroidered. I did learn that after buying a new machine, a used (pre-loved) machine works just as well, sometimes better.

Linda - yay, another sewer!!

So nice to "meet" all of you & have things in common!:manyheart

Good morning (almost afternoon) housemates! :hi

Well, it was a hectic weekend yet relaxing at the same time :think

My parents got in Friday night while we were out watching the hockey game with friends and celebrating Bean's birthday....we didn't get in until about 2:30 am :eek Of course my parents were in bed by then :lol

So Saturday morning mom made us breakfast at home and then we did some running around. Came over to the office, then shopping to IKEA, wal mart, Sam's, the market, and liquor store. Relaxed at home a bit then went out for dinner then more relaxing at the house. Yesterday we had a houseful of people for the hockey game (that Pitt lost :( ) We went for breakfast this morning to a spot my parents love but is always way too crowded on the weekends to even deal with it and after they headed out I got myself together and headed in here.

I finally just bought the Hunger Games last night, I didn't want to buy it before my sister saw the movie because then she always hates the movie if she reads the book first because she sits and analyzes the movie and how it's so different from the book :think I like to read the book first though. So, I refused to buy it until after she already saw it so she wouldn't be tempted to read it first :lol I'm also going to get that 50 Shades of Grey book too. That seems to be making a rave too right now. Someone mentioned it here last week and over the weekend I see alot of people mentioning it on facebook and then last night my cousin called my mom to tell her to read it because she can't put it down :lol So that gives me 2 triologies that I need to get moving on :yes

Val - Your letting looks great! :yes

Julie - I like you new avatar. Our cake was vanilla with pudding icing and it was wonderful :drool We got to light the candles and sing 3 times!!!! Bean's birthday was Friday, Averie's birthday is Tuesday and the neighbors who were over has their anniversary tomorrow too :lol I think you'd be better off breaking up the blanket and just doing little bits at a time, I know you'd rather just do it and have it done....BUT it could make the difference of being able to continuing doing what you enjoy to do and having to give it up :think:hug Glad to hear that you're all getting excited about the reunion and that you'll all have an extra day together this year :clap I have Cindy's blanket in progress now with caron simply soft and an I hook....it got put on the back burner for now though :eek

Cindy - Your trip to the smokey mountains is going to be a great one :yes I've been to a murder mystery dinner before and loved it :manyheart And with Lucy it'll be soo much better I think The Biltmore Estate also looks like a great pick too :yes

Mary - Glad to hear that the tree work and microwave jobs are done. How exciting to get so many days with Luke :manyheart

Judy - WTG on all your reading and writing :yes How was your Greek Chicken Soup? I was always able to talk to my mom too about anything and everything :yes

Joanne - Glad to hear you got to break out at least a little early on Friday. How is your baby rr coming along?

Marlene - Glad to hear that dh is feeling better :hug How is Maya? How is the flannelghan coming along with just the one strand?

Linda - :yay for making so much progress. I also had my projects in my living room when I had my own place in Philly :yes When you're working on them all the time, it just doesn't make sense to put them anywhere else :shrug Great idea to treat yourself to a well deserved good meal (twice :wink ) Glad you found your celtic knot prayer shawl pattern. Did you hear from Gael yet? Maybe she's coming to her senses about the 'rules' too :think I get the feeling that John doesn't understand that you can think for yourself :shrug

Tab - Glad to hear that Jaden is feeling better :hug Sounds like Eli will be a morning person :think

Kel - :welcome It's always great to have newbie's join our house. I'm Marisa, 33, single, no children and currently living with my sister and her bf in Pittsburgh. I just moved here in Sept from Philly and opened up my own chiropractic office in November. It's slow going, BUT it is going in the right direction so we'll all be celebrating the day that I can move back to my own place :yes (maybe in a yearish :lol ) I recently had my own run in with the first dentist I tried out here so next time I'm up for a cleaning, I'll try somewhere now because I surely will NOT return to the other guy :no

OK ladies, I know I never posted the pic of my baby rr last week. The computer wouldn't read the camera sd card for some reason and then I forgot it to try again on Friday. I had all intentions of emailing the pics from my phone to the computer so I can download them and post from there, but just that quick I forgot :blush So stayed tuned.....I WILL NOT FORGET TODAY!!!! :xfin

Good afternoon Housemates!

Welcome Kelly. I'm Valerie. I've never and have no kids. I currently live in Georgia with 1 of my 3 sister, her son, daughter and granddaughter. I'm from Alabama and we're currently redoing our family home. I'm planning to return to Sweet Home Alabama. I, too, like to sew but it's been soooo many years since I touched my machine. I made all my clothes during college.

It's cold and windy here. The temp is suppose to drop to the high 30's on tomorrow.

Cindy - Your vacation plans sound wonderful.

Linda - Will you still be able to wrap up the packing and have your pack free weekend since your helper is MIA? I hope so.

Julie - I know your reunion is going to be fun because you'll be there. Where does your reunion take place?

Mary - I hope you get to do some yard work. That is something I've never desired:lol. My mom & dad use to love working in the yard.

Marisa - where are you? I can hardly wait to hear about your fabulous long weekend.

Joanne, Judy, Tab, Phyllis, Marlene, Faille - hope you're enjoying your Monday!

BBL.

OK, so I have a picture of the baby rr to show, which is for my friend that visited for the wedding last weekend.

The second one I just did this weekend, started on Wed or Thurs and finished yesterday for my mom to take home for her dentist that checked me out after that other guy. I was going to do 3x3, but wasn't going to have the time to avoid having to mail it, so it's only 2x3, but will suffice as a baby ghan. It still measures about 27"x37".

They are not the best pictures since they were taken on my phone

post-36814-135897755274_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897755279_thumb.jpg

Marisa - scratch my previous post to you. You posted while I was typing. Now back to read it. Gotta get something to drink while I enjoy my read. Have a great day!

You too, looks like we were posting at the same time :lol

Hi folks

Wow - lots of posts while I was gone this AM .

Jude

Glad you are getting lots of reading and writing time in . Sounds as if you are enjoying it . You guys talking about the Hunger Games book will end up talking me into reading it if you keep it up ! I have heard of the other one but have no idea what its about .

I had to chuckle when you mentioned putting a note by my name telling how many days til reunion . Not that it's a bad idea, just that my one cousin ( who is 16,) sends me emails all the time with her countdown list on them. She sometimes sends me photos from her phone with a paper listing how many days . She has 3 friends arguing over who gets to come with her this year,so she invited all 3 !

It might sound strange that we'd have teens that interested in a reunion ,but the motel gang all has their routines that we do together ,so everyone gets to do all the things they enjoy most . Luckily, Steph LOVES doing hair and makeup for people (she has done a LOT of girls in our town for Prom ),so she and her firend spend time with the teen girls doing fingernaiils and makeup . Some of the others fish,some swim,some shop,some eat and some dance ,so we keep occupied, even though it's in a wee little PODUNK town with not much of anything at all to do .

Cindy

Your trip sounds like so much fun. The Smokies are beautiful ! We've been there a couple times,but it's been a long while since we were last there .

The things you have planned sounds fun. The Estate would be my first pick. I love looking through those big fancy mansions like that !

Hope you can take some pictures to share .

Kelly

WELCOME ! Good to have you along . It's a little DAUNTNG in here at first,especially on a busy day like today . Hard to keep up at first with so many posts. Some of the newer people find it helps to keep a notepad handy so they remember what to post to who .

I'm not a good sewer,so wont be able to comment much on that . I know we have lots of ladies in here who are wonderful at it,so you should find lots of good ideas from them .

Linda

Sure hope your "helper" showed today. She's not exactly impressing John with her work skills ,is she ? I doubt she will put up with his shenanigans for long .Sounds like she may have already had enough of him. It's really not a good situation for either of them. If she is an alcoholic,and he is so demanding,the pressure might cause her to drink even more ,so it could turn into a bad deal all around .

Mary

Sorry your plans got messed up yesterday . You'll probably have lots more good weather days to try it again . It is so windy here today,it almost knocked me down ,and THAT takes a lot of wind .

Marisa

Another fun weekend for you ! The cake sounds REALLY good !!! The afghans are both so pretty .

Val

Our reunion takes place in southern Ohio, down near Marietta . It's the first weekend in June,but we are going the week before .The rest of the gang come in the following Friday ,then we go home on Monday .

Well, I got a call from the hospital wanting to schedule my 2nd sleep Study . I hadn't even heard what the actual Doctor's readings were on the first, so I called his office and talked to his nurse practitioner. She said when I first fall asleep, I am already having mild sleep apnea,then it becomes moderate sleep apnea. when I'm in the REM sleep, it is at the SEVERE level . My Oxygen level drops low ,and she says my body is fighting to get air when it drops low like that .She said it can lead to many things,and make all the stuff I have ,even worse . I asked her if I HAVE to get this done now,and she said the doctor wants it done asap . She said it will cause heart problems if not treated,then worse case scenerio, I could actually quit breathing during the night and not wake back up .

THAT will give me a restful night tonite, I'm sure. I'll keep waking up to make sure I'm still HERE .

The first opening they have is Saturday,so my Saturday night plans will be to go get wired all up and have another night in the hospital. She said this time, they will try out different settings on the CPAP machine ,and different masks to see which one works best for me .

I am SO discouraged . So tired of spending so much money on tests ,doctors ,meds ... it makes me feel terrible. Sure wish I knew why every body part I have is broken or will be . She told me that this machine may end up making my breathing problems improve and I might feel better all over, including having less headaches. THAT part would be great . Having continual headaches REALLY gets old . This breathing also makes me angry that it isnt behaving either .

Anyhow, that's how I will be spending MY Saturday night . :(

Thanks Julie,

All of our kids enjoy the reunions too, although we don't have them that often :no We had one this past summer, but the last one before that was 2004......the only other time a large group of us gets together is either for a wedding or a funeral :shrug

Don't get discouraged with the sleep study. Look to the positive side in that this could help you have a much better quality of life. :hug :hug :hug You'll be fine, but you're right about tonight....you'll probably keep waking up because you'll be afraid to sleep now. Soon you'll get the most restful night of sleep you've ever had and then you'll feel better about having had the tests done :yes

OK, I so need to go workout now. After all the food this weekend and the cake....and I just had a piece now again :blush I might have to do a double session :think:rofl (But I highly doubt it :no )

I have spent the morning so far planning things to do when we go on vacation later this week. I bought tickets to a murder mystery dinner show, "Whodunnit Lucy?" I assume the food will be lousy, but the show has some good reviews on trip advisor. I have always loved the "I Love Lucy" show, so when I saw this, I knew I had to see it.

I also purchased tickets for the Biltmore Estate. I've always wanted to see it, and DH has finally heard enough good things about it to want to go as well.

Well, better get going, cleaning and laundry await!

Wow...the Estate looks wonderful! And the mystery sounds like fun - you guys need time away to have fun!

Welcome, Kel! I totally get it about the dentist - I have such a phobia I get nitrous oxide for a filling!

I'm 63, married and have a 37 yo son who is a chiropractor. I'm also "mom" to 2 very spoiled German shepherds. I knit a little, embroider and cross st a bit too, but if I have time to craft it's always crocheting. I also own a Kenmore sewing machine but don't have the patience to do more than alter clothes or doing basic sewing.

OK, so I have a picture of the baby rr to show, which is for my friend that visited for the wedding last weekend.

The second one I just did this weekend, started on Wed or Thurs and finished yesterday for my mom to take home for her dentist that checked me out after that other guy. I was going to do 3x3, but wasn't going to have the time to avoid having to mail it, so it's only 2x3, but will suffice as a baby ghan. It still measures about 27"x37".

They are not the best pictures since they were taken on my phone

Beautiful! And the smaller one is still a perfect size for a baby.

...oh, the Greek soup came out great yesterday,

Jules, I know how you feel, wondering what's going on with your body. I'm glad you're having the second test done - just sorry the doc didn't call you FIRST.

Marisa

Thanks for the pep talk . I just get really tired of all this crap. Just stopped earlier this AM to pick up ONE asthma drug ( I take 3 ) -- 115 bucks for one ,and it's not the most expensive. THAT one is 230 bucks . R I D I C U L O U S

Jude

Yea, I was a little surprised when the hosp called and said they wanted to schedule my sleep study. I thought maybe someone got their wires crossed and they were calling to schedule the FIRST one by mistake,but she said no,they got the order to do the 2nd .

I kinda thought I'd have to do it after what the tech told me last week,but would have liked to hear the Dr report before getting the call from the hospital.

Another problem with specialists -- all mine have multiple offices all over the area,so you never know when or how to catch them .

I guess I'll just go and hope it does me some good in the long run .

Archived