Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

In from errands and finally sitting down.

Sorry Julie- I didn't get any CAKE!! I'm trying to be good and watch the sweets! (my downfall is ice cream) Like you with CAKE, I can never have enough ICE CREAM!! When I made Cindy's Peek-A-Boo pattern, I used a Caron Pounder and a K hook

Tab- Sorry Jaden isn't feeling well on his birthday- hopefully he'll feel better later. Glad you are enjoying your early morning hours with Eli!

Val- I know that afghan you're making is going to be awesome. I hope you are going to be compensated accordingly!

Linda- That's great that there was a box you didn't even have to open. Cheering you on that soon all this packing/etc will be done!!! Then the next time you have to touch these boxes is when you are getting settled in your new digs!!!

Cindy- I was thinking the same thing as Julie- if you have to be quiet, may as well read, knit, sew or crochet! nice Quiet activities!

Judy- Enjoy the game~ I'm switching back and forth between Bruins hockey and Yankee/Red Sox- and DD in Boston and I are texting back and forth. It's almost like watching together!

Have a good rest of the day everyone!

Judy~Thank you. And you'll have to let me know what you think of the book. I heard the second one is much better & more about the love story instead of the *clears throat* :devil

Hmmmm....might have to check out book 2 when I read the first one!

...and to think it was my son who told me about that book - he said that so many of his female patients were raving about it he thought I should check it out...and they told him what it was about:rofl:rofl:rofl:blush

Joanne, I knew today's Yankee game was going to be a rough one with that pitcher. Yankees are losing 5-0 already

I might have to watch the Boston hockey game instead:P

Hmmmm....might have to check out book 2 when I read the first one!

...and to think it was my son who told me about that book - he said that so many of his female patients were raving about it he thought I should check it out...and they told him what it was about:rofl:rofl:rofl:blush

:rofl It must be because he became "human" ;):lol because my kids would have been horrified thinking of me reading such a thing. :blush

:rofl It must be because he became "human" ;):lol because my kids would have been horrified thinking of me reading such a thing. :blush

I forgot: Eli immaculately conceived, too:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I hope Jaden bounces back fast!

Nite all:hug:manyheart

Hello everyone. I spent the day reading and knitting a scarf. I have a bout a foot done on the scarf. Knitting is sooooo slow!

Tab, poor Jaden, hope he gets better soon.

I have to work tomorrow and Tuesday and then then I have a meeting on Wednesday. Then I have nearly two weeks off. We are going to the Smoky Mountains. (we own a time share there) I am reallly looking forward to doing nothing. It's been a long time since we went away for more than an overnight.

Good night everyone.

Hi, all. There truly is an end in sight with the packing. John keeps asking if I'm going to have room for everything and I keep saying yes. He doesn't seem to have any concept of what will fit where and that with all I've donated and thrown out there is room on shelves and in drawers that wasn't there before. Of course, he can't conceive of anyone making their living room into a project room either. But that's what I want and since it's my apartment I can set it up however I want to set it up.

Thanks Joanne. Poor Jaden seems to be getting worse; his fever keeps rising. :(

Poor Jaden. What a shame to be sick on his birthday. :hug

Hello everyone. I spent the day reading and knitting a scarf. I have a bout a foot done on the scarf. Knitting is sooooo slow!

:yesThat's why I prefer crocheting.

I have to work tomorrow and Tuesday and then then I have a meeting on Wednesday. Then I have nearly two weeks off. We are going to the Smoky Mountains. (we own a time share there) I am reallly looking forward to doing nothing. It's been a long time since we went away for more than an overnight.

Good night everyone.

Hooray for some time off. Hope you have a wonderful time at your time share. :manyheart

I'm posting a picture of some of the lettering for the Alabama ghan. I had to put them in 2 rows to capture it all on the phone. Background is light gray and the lettering is crimson.

Cindy, I'm glad you're going to have some down time. Enjoy doing nothing or only the things you want to do.

Tab, I hope Jaden feels better soon. I'm sorry he was sick on his birthday.

Linda, it must be exciting to know you'll soon be able to do exactly what you want, how you want and when you want to. YES!!!

Last time I looked the Yankees were leading. Did they win?

Going to church with my Aunt tomorrow so I have to get moving.

Have a good night House!

post-15738-135897755157_thumb.jpg

Morning ladies

Val

The afghan is gonna be really neat ! And Pyper is Cam's half sister,who is 2 . She's a real character. Full of life and never holds still. I guess all little kids are like that, I'm just not used to that age group anymore. Cam is at the age where he is like a paperweight. He will stay in one spot for a long time,so is noit hard to keep track of . Little kids are like pingpong balls in a windstorm, they NEVER hold still .

Joanne

I guess we all have our vices. I like ice cream too,ALMOST as much as cake . You have good willpower to leave it in the store . I'm not so good at that .

Linda

I'm glad your pscking is coming to an end and you will get some time to rest up .You've been packing and taking loads to Goodwill for weeks on end .

And I agree ,when you move into your own place, you set it up like YOU want it,because YOU willbe living there,not John . He seems to want ot control your decisions even once you are out from under him .

Cindy

Enjoy your trip to the smokies. It'd be a beautiful time to do down there,with everything newly blooming .Hope you get the rest you so greatly need .

Tab

Sure hope the flu bug is over at your house ! That would NOT be fun to have thsat on your birthday ( or any other day).

Jude

That WOULD seem odd if your grown kid recommended a book to you that was RACEY . Maybe he thinks you are modern-thinking enough to enjoy the book rather than be judgemental of it . I'm not sure I'd like it, only because I have a book system in my head : If the cover or comments in the book have the word :romantic,erotic,sexy,etc , I intentionally don't read it . I just don't much like those type of books, not even the G-rated romance ones. Just never been interested in reading things like that. I'd rather read about the Civil War or a cowboy book.

I think I have really odd reading tastes for a lady . :D

Cindy-

Forgot to mention in your post that I started the peekaboo afghan yesterday . I liked it,but kept thinking it needed a different color yarn than I was using,so I tried the Lilacs one,and WOW, that one really hit the spot. It is SO pretty ! So it's a keeper . It wont be quite as fast as the other,but it's fairly speedy snd not hard to remember what to do each row. It's coming along nicely. I'm using a J hook with it /

Will get Sam to post a photo when it's complete .

Thanks again for sharing the patterns.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Tabby ~ Elijah is adorable - love his little chubby cheeks. :c9 The RR is perfect for tummy time and your cakes look wonderful! I hope Jaden is feeling much better today. :hug

Julie ~ I was so excited to read that you're crocheting a baby 'ghan! :hook Your description of a 2 year old - ping pong balls in a windstorm :lol - has given me a really good laugh this morning. So true! :D

Valerie ~ Oh, your afghan is going to be stunning! :clap The letters are wonderful. :)

Linda ~ You must be so done with all the packing and sorting. :manyheart The fun part will begin when you get moved and get to enjoy your things. :yes

Marlene ~ Yay for your DH feeling better!

Cindy ~ Oh, your vacation sounds great! You all sure deserve some time away and it should be a gorgeous time of year to go. :)

A big Hi and hugs to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Today is going to be a yard day, no matter what! :lol It's perfect weather and we have so little time before it gets really hot. I can't believe it's almost May already!

Good morning!

I had a wonderful time with DD and GS last evening- although it would have been perfect if the Devils had won! Heard all about the Yankees coming from behind 9-0 to win 15-9! Amazing!

Val- The afghan is going to be fantastic!!! Every time I hear or see Roll Tide I think of my step daughter's BF who is a huge roll tide fan!

Julie- I love how the peek-a-boo blanket turns out in lilac! Hope that you are able to complete it without too many issues with your breathing! Oh, even though I didn't buy ice-cream yesterday, I did end of having some last night since my DD had some in HER freezer!

Tab- I feel for Jaden getting sick on his birthday! I remember my youngest DD's first birthday- she came down with the chicken pox!!!

Mary- Enjoy your yard work today! There will be none of that here- we got heavy rain last evening- at least it was raining when I went to bed. Woke up this morning to very gray skies, but no rain- but it is in the forecast.

I am thinking that I'll switch out my winter/summer clothes and probably pack up another bag for Goodwill of clothes that haven't been worn. We'll see if I get the energy for that or just make it a lazy day since next week is going to be busier than usual at Paradise. I'm leaning toward lazy day-

Have a good one everybody!

'morning, peeps!

John keeps asking if I'm going to have room for everything and I keep saying yes., he can't conceive of anyone making their living room into a project room either. But that's what I want and since it's my apartment I can set it up however I want to set it up.

And knowing you"re doing it that way is gonna kill him:devil

I hope you get to enjoy your Sunday:hug

I'm posting a picture of some of the lettering for the Alabama ghan. I had to put them in 2 rows to capture it all on the phone. Background is light gray and the lettering is crimson.

I've made graph ghans using that method too - looks great!

Last time I looked the Yankees were leading. Did they win?

Did they ever! And I missed seeing the come back:P Oh, well, at least they won!!

Going to church with my Aunt tomorrow so I have to get moving.

Have a good night House!

Enjoy your day!

Jude

That WOULD seem odd if your grown kid recommended a book to you that was RACEY . Maybe he thinks you are modern-thinking enough to enjoy the book rather than be judgemental of it . I'm not sure I'd like it, only because I have a book system in my head : If the cover or comments in the book have the word :romantic,erotic,sexy,etc , I intentionally don't read it . I just don't much like those type of books, not even the G-rated romance ones. Just never been interested in reading things like that. I'd rather read about the Civil War or a cowboy book.

I think I have really odd reading tastes for a lady . :D

My reading tastes are eclectic, to say the least. There are times I never read romances, then there are times I read several in a row.

My son and I can talk to each other about anything - he can be very frank - almost too much:lol

Have a good day, Cindy, Marlene, everyone - it's cool and rainy here...a good day to make my Greek chicken soup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avgolemono

Later!

Good morning Housemates!

Thanks guys for the compliments on the afghan.

Julie - you crack me up...kids as ping pong balls and paperweights. Enjoy the rest of your day with Cam before he goes home. Your Peek-a-boo sounds beautiful. Wear a mask and try not to get sick.

Mary - I think March and April decided to swap places in Georgia this year. It is 10 degrees below normal here...very chilly. Enjoy your yard work!

Joanne - I think you should go for a lazy day. You've worked hard and earned it.

I'm waiting for my sister to pick me up for church. I'll probably be gone all day since we're going to the other side of town to church with my aunt.

Have a great day Housemates!

Good morning Mary

Yard work sounds great for the day . We have another cold wet day here so no yardwork for us . It's not quite as nippy as yesterday was .

I'm trying to go as fast as I can on the babyghan. That yarn doesnt bother me AS much,but my eyes and nose are itchy and hurt, my throat is sore ,and I have to use my nebilzer med every 4 hrs as needed, EVERY 4 HOURS .

Uusually,the most I ever use it is maybe 3 times in 24 hours ,but on a normal day,maybe once or twice a day.

So it's good to crochet again,but bothersome that I can't BREATHE when I do ... The pattern is so pretty and turning out nice. I'm really pushing to get it done as fast as possible ,though .

Joanne

I second the vote for the Lazy Day of relaxing. You have worked your buns off and if you have an even harder week coming, you should lay around in your pj's today and save the jobs for another time .

Jude

That'd be a nice relationship with your son to talk that openly about things . It'd make you feel more like you are on a level playing field .:)

Val

Thanks for the well wishes. I DO think the bkankie is turning out pretty . I'll shoot you guys a photo of it when it's done .

I've kinda always noticed the MOVE-ABILITY of kids by their ages . I think as the years go by and I get older, I notice it more. Maybe because I'm slowing down,but they keep speeding up . The little ones would be mind-boggling if there were a whole bunch at once. I'd look like a bobble-head doll riding in a pickup truck ,constantly looking here, there and everywhere to make sure they were all safe, in viewing range,and accounted for .

I've noticed Cam is slowing down into the middle-range for kids,so he does a lot more sitting in one spot,with games or movies,so my bobble head can just hold still .

Have a fun day today !

Good morning/afternoon everyone. More sorting and packing on the agenda for today. Gael is going to help later this afternoon. She spent the weekend at her home, but will be back this afternoon. The weather has changed again, but we have sun and blue skies so I'm not too upset. It's cooler than yesterday, too.

John and Kim went to a baby shower yesterday and are going to another one today. I'm making a baby blanket for the one today, but will have to mail it to them, as it's not done and won't be until the packing and cleaning is done. I've only got so much energy and concentration in a day. Mark and Michelle (John's hunting buddy & his wife) are expecting a boy in June. They've been trying for quite a while so are thrilled to finally be having this little one.

You're doing a great job, Val! :cheer:clap:cheer

Linda, it must be exciting to know you'll soon be able to do exactly what you want, how you want and when you want to. YES!!!

I am looking forward to it. :D

And Pyper is Cam's half sister,who is 2 . She's a real character. Full of life and never holds still. I guess all little kids are like that, I'm just not used to that age group anymore. Cam is at the age where he is like a paperweight. He will stay in one spot for a long time,so is noit hard to keep track of . Little kids are like pingpong balls in a windstorm, they NEVER hold still .

What a wonderful description! :lol

And I agree ,when you move into your own place, you set it up like YOU want it,because YOU willbe living there,not John . He seems to want ot control your decisions even once you are out from under him .

He's a control freak for sure. But he won't be controlling me for much longer so I can put up with it for a bit longer.

Forgot to mention that I started the peekaboo afghan yesterday . I liked it,but kept thinking it needed a different color yarn than I was using,so I tried the Lilacs one,and WOW, that one really hit the spot. It is SO pretty ! So it's a keeper . It wont be quite as fast as the other,but it's fairly speedy snd not hard to remember what to do each row. It's coming along nicely. I'm using a J hook with it /

Will get Sam to post a photo when it's complete .

:clap:cheer:clap Just don't do so much that you can't breathe. Sometimes it's better to take things in short sessions.

I've kinda always noticed the MOVE-ABILITY of kids by their ages . I think as the years go by and I get older, I notice it more. Maybe because I'm slowing down,but they keep speeding up . The little ones would be mind-boggling if there were a whole bunch at once. I'd look like a bobble-head doll riding in a pickup truck ,constantly looking here, there and everywhere to make sure they were all safe, in viewing range,and accounted for .

I've noticed Cam is slowing down into the middle-range for kids,so he does a lot more sitting in one spot,with games or movies,so my bobble head can just hold still .

Have a fun day today !

Love the description of you as a bobble-head. :lol

Have a great day. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

Hey Linda

Glad your packing is almost at an end . You're right,soon this will all be a thing of the past and you will be able to make your own decisions regarding everything !

I know on the afghan,the smartest move would be to take it in short burst,but I'd rather push through and complete it as fast as possible . I'm pretty miserable this afternoon,though . I'm getting a headache and really having a struggle to breathe .

This afghan was probably not a good idea,but I always think handmade items mean so much more than store bought . I think it's getting to the point where I really don't have a choice anymore . Very aggravating to give up something you have done for most of your life .

I opted for lazy day! Well most of it anyway! I did put the Easter decorations away and thought about doing my clothes, but opted not to! I did organize some of my yarn stash though, which is more important to me than my clothes!!!

Now it's time to spend the rest of the day being lazy!!

Judy-The soup sounds perfect for today's weather! Enjoy!!

Julie- I think it'd be better to go in shorter spurts, but you know better than me what will work for you!

Val- Enjoy your day!

Linda- Hope you don't have to work too hard today with the packing/sorting. I know the light at the end of the tunnel must be a good feeling!!!

Good morning Mary

Yard work sounds great for the day . We have another cold wet day here so no yardwork for us . It's not quite as nippy as yesterday was .

I'm trying to go as fast as I can on the babyghan. That yarn doesnt bother me AS much,but my eyes and nose are itchy and hurt, my throat is sore ,and I have to use my nebilzer med every 4 hrs as needed, EVERY 4 HOURS .

Uusually,the most I ever use it is maybe 3 times in 24 hours ,but on a normal day,maybe once or twice a day.

So it's good to crochet again,but bothersome that I can't BREATHE when I do ... The pattern is so pretty and turning out nice. I'm really pushing to get it done as fast as possible ,though .

take breaks in between, Jules:hug

Jude

That'd be a nice relationship with your son to talk that openly about things . It'd make you feel more like you are on a level playing field .:)

Sometimes he hears "mom-type" advice, but I'm the parent less likely to lecture him, so he feels more free to talk about whatever is on his mind without censoring what he says. From when he was a little guy he's always known he could ask me about anything...during the teen years we had some issues, but once that passed we were ok.

This afghan was probably not a good idea,but I always think handmade items mean so much more than store bought . I think it's getting to the point where I really don't have a choice anymore . Very aggravating to give up something you have done for most of your life .

yes...it is...:hug:manyheart

Archived