A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

finished mine in record time! I used the summer splender pattern...its utterly delightfull to make, well written and easy to follow and has made a lovely baby afgan! I totally love this idea! ;)

Wow!!! that came out really neat!!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I have so far.

I'm making this for my mom for Mother's Day! I think she would love to have a Doily style afghan to hang on the back of her couch!

post-18634-135897632793_thumb.jpg

I'm making this for my mom for Mother's Day! I think she would love to have a Doily style afghan to hang on the back of her couch!

nice! that is one that is on my list i have to choose from. i thought it was pretty too. :)

finished mine in record time! I used the summer splender pattern...its utterly delightfull to make, well written and easy to follow and has made a lovely baby afgan! I totally love this idea! ;)

That came out absolutely GORGEOUS!

We need stats!!! Yarn, hook, how many rounds, how many inches????? Enquiring minds want to know these things. :rofl

That came out absolutely GORGEOUS!

We need stats!!! Yarn, hook, how many rounds, how many inches????? Enquiring minds want to know these things. :rofl

ok stats! lol

I used an unknown brand of a fine 1ply cotton mixed with viscose yarn, it is on a huge cone so Im guessing its ment for machine knitting, I used my yarn winder and made yarn cakes so that I could use 4 strands held together that comes out at about double knit weight ( light sports weight? ) I used a 5mm hook ( bamboo :hook) and the pattern calls for 26 rounds of which I did 25 opting to leave off the final round....it worked up at aprox 80cm across x but I guess its different each time you make it according to your yarn choice xx:hook

ok. Finished all but blocking it. It only came out 28" unblocked. Not the greatest picture but I loved doing it. :hook I want to do another. :) I just have to get some more yarn when funds come in. I have a long list of patterns I've already picked out so narrowing it down may be hard. lol

eta: boy the color sure didn't come through. It's Vanna's Choice SeaSpray Mist, a light greenish, kind of fading light to a bit darker.

What pattern did you use? It's very pretty.

That came out great!

[ATTACH]35598[/ATTACH]

Nice start!

[ATTACH]35598[/ATTACH]

Tammy- I'm sure she is going to love it!!!:manyheart

Very pretty.

As for myself - :eek:blush:bang :bang :out

Remember I posted that I had to frog almost a whole outer row because I hadn't completed a shell? Well, I got to the same place today and -- on the redo, I had just carried on and STILL had not completed the shell. I had to frog it all again.

I'm going to go bang my head on a brick wall for a couple of hours so that they will have to give me the brain transplant I so obviously need, and I'll kick myself all the way to the emergency room so they can do it. They obviously won't have to waste much time taking out my current brain, because it has clearly shrunk to about the size of pebble. I could be the poster child for "dumb as a box of rocks."

Sigh. Off to do it again.

Very pretty.

Remember I posted that I had to frog almost a whole outer row because I hadn't completed a shell? Well, I got to the same place today and -- on the redo, I had just carried on and STILL had not completed the shell. I had to frog it all again.

I'm going to go bang my head on a brick wall for a couple of hours so that they will have to give me the brain transplant I so obviously need, and I'll kick myself all the way to the emergency room so they can do it. They obviously won't have to waste much time taking out my current brain, because it has clearly shrunk to about the size of pebble. I could be the poster child for "dumb as a box of rocks."

I must say that you have a way with words!!:lol

Sorry that you have to frog again.

Very pretty.

:lol:lol Oh, you gave me a good laugh! But sorry you have to frog!

Don't be to hard on yourself...besides I was in the next room in the ER having done the SAME THING!!:cheer:cheer:lol:lol:cheer:cheer :hook

Very pretty.

I didn't get back to That Round last night. Couldn't face it. When I finish it, again, I think I will have crocheted about a quarter mile of it. I'm off work early today so maybe tonight.

Here is my first one. I have many others that I want to try. It is loosely based on this design.

http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL2406_patt.html

I made so many changes that it is hardly recognizeable.

Wow............. nice... .Very nice!!!

I am sorry I've been mia for the past several days. Last week we received some news from my husbands dr. He has colon cancer, the dr. thinks he got it all, but we are going to another dr. tomorrow to see if/what to do next. We spent the past weekend in Gatlinburg Tn just to have some time together as a family and try not to worry to much. It was a good trip and seemed to help put things in perspective for us all. We are just trusting the Lord to see us through. Please keep him in your prayers.

I am sorry I've been mia for the past several days. Last week we received some news from my husbands dr. He has colon cancer, the dr. thinks he got it all, but we are going to another dr. tomorrow to see if/what to do next. We spent the past weekend in Gatlinburg Tn just to have some time together as a family and try not to worry to much. It was a good trip and seemed to help put things in perspective for us all. We are just trusting the Lord to see us through. Please keep him in your prayers.

:hug

My rosary tonight will be for his intentions.

Oh sweetie.............. Hugs... Love and Prayers coming yours and hubby's way!!!!:hug

my hubby was diagnosed 5 months ago with leukemia.

So sorry to hear this. So glad that they think they got it all. You've put your trust in exactly the right place. He will see you through. He will never fail you. Praying for your family. :hug

Archived