Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

Hey! :U I'm late to the party but I want to play too! :D I am always in need of dishcloths, probably because I make flowery looking ones, (since if I've got to do dishes, at least doing them can be pretty! LOL!) my 3 year old always takes them and I have no idea where she puts them. One day I'm sure I will clean behind something and find a mountian of dishcloths, but untill then. I need to make some new ones. As soon as I pick up some more cotton. I like all the ones posted, especially the flower ones! :P

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tam, your dishcloth bouquet is lovely. I made one last year as a gift for my sister in law, and she liked it so much that it was weeks before she took it apart and used the dishcloths.

Cheeria, that is a pretty dishcloth pattern. I never make myself such pretty ones, because it sees such a shame to use them for dirty work. The ones I make for me to use, are usually utilitarian.

I did a couple of vintagey looking cloths last night off of Heather's blog. These will go to my SIL for her birthday gift.

Of course everyone is going somewhere tonight except me so I plan on settling in with my stash, tea and the remote LOL

Hey! :U I'm late to the party but I want to play too! :D I am always in need of dishcloths, probably because I make flowery looking ones, (since if I've got to do dishes, at least doing them can be pretty! LOL!) my 3 year old always takes them and I have no idea where she puts them. One day I'm sure I will clean behind something and find a mountian of dishcloths, but untill then. I need to make some new ones. As soon as I pick up some more cotton. I like all the ones posted, especially the flower ones! :P:yay.......... come play in the cotton yarn with us! So happy to see you here!!!

Tam, your dishcloth bouquet is lovely.

Thank you!!! I made one last year as a gift for my sister in law, and she liked it so much that it was weeks before she took it apart and used the dishcloths.

Cheeria, that is a pretty dishcloth pattern. I never make myself such pretty ones, because it sees such a shame to use them for dirty work. The ones I make for me to use, are usually utilitarian.

I did a couple of vintagey looking cloths last night off of Heather's blog. These will go to my SIL for her birthday gift.

Of course everyone is going somewhere tonight except me so I plan on settling in with my stash, tea and the remote LOL heheheehe... sounds like a great time!!!

:heart

:mug

Of course everyone is going somewhere tonight except me so I plan on settling in with my stash, tea and the remote LOL

I love Heather's vintage look cloth too! I am going to get the same colors she used and make it too. :hook What colors did you use Lea?

:U Thanks Tam!

okay, here's mine. I am all of a sudden loving pink for some reason. lol :c9

It's a shells pattern I found on ravelry.

Would love to see pics of the vintage ones! :crocheting

post-44513-135897623798_thumb.jpg

Hi there group sorry to be missing in action but I had to go to my DD house to watch my grand lil darlings for a couple of days. I worked on the dishcloth that I posted the pattern to and guess what I was almost finish but I got stuck at the last round. It just wasn't coming out correctly, so I finish it off in round 8 instead of round 9 and it look fine, when I get a free moment I will post a picture of it. I also brought two dishcloth books so I can have dishcloth patterns to do without searching and searching on line for that perfect one. :think One is called "The Big Book of Dishcloths" which has 99 dishcloth patterns to choose from and the other one is called "Splish Spash Dishcloths", which has 15 dishcloth patterns. Between these two books and a couple of knitted dishcloth books that I have I'm hopeful that I will have a few patterns to chose from. Talk to you all later. HUGS :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

made this using Lily's star pattern and peaches n cream gumdrop

That one is so pretty! I love those colors :)

I made a dishcloth bouqet for my mil. But my camera's batteries are dead, so no pic. I think I am going to make some more cloths to keep in the cupboard for quick gifts because it turned out so cute!

Those books sound really neat.

okay, here's mine. I am all of a sudden loving pink for some reason. lol :c9

It's a shells pattern I found on ravelry. Oh VERY NICE!!!!

Would love to see pics of the vintage ones! :crocheting

WOW! You girls are making awesome looking dishcloths... I still need to look for a pattern to make my first one.

Tam, your cup of "flowers" is really a neat idea! Thanks hon!!!

Have a good one and stay safe and warm! :hi

Michelle

I love making dish clothes; I think because you can finish them so quickly. This week I made two Valentine's clothes for a friend. oooooh... did you get pics? we want to see... :D

Hi there group sorry to be missing in action but I had to go to my DD house to watch my grand lil darlings for a couple of days. aww.... :D I worked on the dishcloth that I posted the pattern to and guess what I was almost finish but I got stuck at the last round. It just wasn't coming out correctly, so I finish it off in round 8 instead of round 9 and it look fine, when I get a free moment I will post a picture of it. Oh... Cant wait to see!!! I also brought two dishcloth books so I can have dishcloth patterns to do without searching and searching on line for that perfect one. :think One is called "The Big Book of Dishcloths" which has 99 dishcloth patterns to choose from and the other one is called "Splish Spash Dishcloths", which has 15 dishcloth patterns. Between these two books and a couple of knitted dishcloth books that I have I'm hopeful that I will have a few patterns to chose from. Talk to you all later. HUGS :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

I've been working on finishing up my flannelghan and then I am hoping to make a couple of Heather's vintage dishcloths. :yay :yay

made this using Lily's star pattern and peaches n cream gumdrop That is really cute!!!

That one is so pretty! I love those colors :)

I made a dishcloth bouqet for my mil. But my camera's batteries are dead, so no pic. aww darn! :( I think I am going to make some more cloths to keep in the cupboard for quick gifts because it turned out so cute! heheheee... they become addicting huh... LOL :hook

Those books sound really neat.

Good Evening ladies..............

I have 3 dishcloths I made over the last few days... 2 round ripples.. and 1 round short row tunisian. I'll post a pic later when I get my computer back. We have a musical laptop game going... LOL... my sons want to play an online game... my 14yr olds charging plug isnt working ... so he is borrowing my laptop. My 12yr old is using my 10yr olds laptop because my 14yr old is using my 12yr olds external hard drive to play the game... which he would need if he was playing on his own laptop. Sooooooo.... I'm on my 12yr olds laptop so that I can come visit you guys. :whew

So later when I get my laptop back.. I can post a pic of my dishcloths.... LOL

catch up later........... keep playin' in the cotton :hook

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)... Good Morning kids...

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Well........... here are the few dishcloths I did get done in the last few days.....

post-18634-135897625521_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

catch up later...............

Well, looking at everyone's lovely dishcloths, now I want to make one! lol I would be afraid to use some of these lovely creations, they are all so pretty! Ill try my hand once again, did a few of the mugs for gifts to neighbors this past Christmas, so bout time I picked through the cotton bag again, lol thanks for the eye candy, and the inspiration! Ill post when and if I complete some soon!

¯

Well........... here are the few dishcloths I did get done in the last few days.....

[ATTACH]34575[/ATTACH]

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

catch up later...............

Tam, those are great. I can't decide which one I like better!

Archived