Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

Okay kids..........I'm carrying this CAL over from last year because like myself.. there are others that enjoy making dishcloths.. and sharing the pics and patterns.

A dishcloth is a fun...simple... quick project that 'gives' in so many ways.

I feel great when making one ..because I can finish it in no time. I feel good being able to give them away as gifts... and they put a smile on someones face when they receive one! :U

So..... all that said....... lets get to having some fun with dishcloths.

:hook ~ pop in whenever you can.... share a dishcloth or simply comment on someone elses.

:knit ~ share a link or pattern so we can all play

:hook ~ dont forget pictures of your beautiful work

:knit ~ most of all.......... have fun!

No pressure.... No demands... No deadlines... just come play in the cotton yarn :yarn

Previous Dishcloth CAL links:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61718

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94707

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111559

Pattern links:

Crochet Pattern Central Dishcloths

ChrisCrossCrafts~FreeDishcloths

Fish Dishcloth

http://dishandwashclothmania.com/cloths-crochet/

365 dishcloth challenge

:heart

:mug

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a very cool one. I've made my mom a bright colored one and some scrubbies. My first attempt at a dishcloth. Tonight, I just made a second one for her as she liked it the first one. It was just a simple back and forth thing I put together. Tonight's is just a closed granny square. Thinking I might make a round one to match tomorrow. I'll have to go check out the patterns you listed. I opened the window and of course, clicked easy dishcloth. The link was broken. :( lol Guess I'll have to try a not so easy one. :P

I love making them too.... I always try to keep a stock to give as quickie gifts.

I love the fish ! Excellent child's gift... Is the pattern on your blog?

I keep a 'stock' of them too. :clap

I'd love to see some new patterns!

Cute fish!

it looks like the original pattern can be found here: Fish Dishcloth

I've made something similar but using HDC instead of SC for my fish dishcloth. I'll see if I can find a picture to post.

Hi there Miss Tam and everyone else !

I may just jump on in here with you guys --I seem to have a very limited amount of time I an work with regular yarn,due to my asthma- it is not well controlled at all,so the yarn really sets it off.

Maybe if I join up in here, I will keep my interest up making dishcloths.

The fish one is very cute. And Tam,thanks for the second page of patterns ! wow, nice selection !

Afternoon kids……………

Lea…… Howdy……..nice to have you pop in. join the fun and share some pics!

Stephanie……… hey there… cant wait to see some pics of your dishcloths.

Cindy…….. Hey sweetie! :hug does this mean you’ll come play with us since your dishcloths are getting raggedy? :D

Wrennie…… Hey… nice to have you here. Hope you’re gonna stay and play with us.

Hey there segi…….. :hook gonna come play with us?

Shell Lee….. you rock… thanks so much for hopping in and sharing the Fish Cloth pattern!!!

MissJulie………. Hey sweetie….. how are you? I need to get back to the House and check with all you mates!!! I sure do hope you hang around and play in the cotton yarn with us!!! :hook

Yeah… thanks for the extra links to patterns ladies!! The more the merrier!! :D

Hey Cindy !

Thanks for the 365 dishcloth page .WOW,now that will be neat to see how they come up with so many different ones in a year .

Are you gonna try to do one of each ? That'd sure be a challenge,wouldn't it ?

Hi Tam

Thanks for the warm welcome. You can drop in to the house any old time -- dont worry if you cant make it there as often,it is perfectly fine. We are always glad to see you ,whenever you get the chance !

Our shelter here in town say they need everything. I used to rescue cabbage patch dolls and clean them up, dress them and take them to the shelter. They say that a lot of times, the women and children leave an abusive situation with just the clothes on their backs and nothing else and many don't get to go back to get their stuff. I'm sure they would be appreciated. Dishcloths or personal washcloths either.

Stephanie

Then it sounds like it'd be a worthwhile thing to do for those that want to make a bunch of dishcloths and want to donate them .

I just wasnt familiar with places like that. We live in sich a little town, we dont have homeless shelters or any other types of places like that ,so I didnt know much about them .

Oh Stephanie.............

a nice little cloth... soap...and maybe a couple other bath items would be great for kids and adults in this situation.

Yes, it would be nice for them. That way, they could have a personal washcloth and even take it with them when they leave. And hopefully know that someone is thinking about them and cares. :) I would take the cabbies and they would let a child pick one out when they come in and take it with them when they left.

Archived