Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon ladies................

looks like we have some serious cotton diving going on here......... :)

In case you can't tell, I've become obsessed with dishcloths this year! I counted them up in my completed project list, and I've done 90 this year. But then that's only 2 a week.Wow.... LOVE them all!

OMG!!! I need the pattern to this, plz! Gonna make great gifts for the fish club.

I found it. And I see a whole bunch of links and patterns hidden here! =-O

I just want to say.... I have received and still receiving so much more from here for Christmas than any kids will ever get! =-O Oh... I'm so glad you found the pattern.... too fun isnt it?!

Here are a couple of dishcloths I've knitted recently. The gold one is this pattern, (my holes are too small to show up in the picture, so mine doesn't look lacy. The blue one is this pattern. I apologize for the poor pictures. I must have taken 20 pictures in all sorts of light, but none of the results really showed up the pictures on the cloths. whoa... beautiful work!!!

I haven't made any dishcloths to share in this thread for quite awhile but I recently crocheted a open mesh dishcloth to go along with a triangle towel topper I made for a Christmas gift. Here is the set.

Merry Christmas everyone! :ctree

[ATTACH]48688[/ATTACH] Well... hey there lady! Nice work!!!

Is there going to be a continuation of this CAL for 2012? God knows I've got enough cotton yarn to be used! yepperoo.... I will start a new thread for 2012 so we can keep playing in and sharing our cotton creations!

have a great day all!

God Bless

:heart

:mug

Hello everyone :hi

There are so many patterns to look though and I feel like I don't know where to begin :think I'm looking for an easy/beginner dishcloth pattern for my sister to work on that will teach her something new. I taught her the basics so far so she knows how to chain, sc, hdc, and dc. She's made a couple scarves so far, but she now wants an easy and fairly quick projects (the scarves did not go so quickly, but she did get them done :yes ) and I suggested dishclothes since I picked her up some cotton on sale. She was excited about the idea and asked me to find her a pattern.

So without having to spend alot of time searching, does anyone have something readily available that might teach her something new and without changing colors since what we already have is vareigated?

Thanks so much for any input :hug

Here is a stitch pattern that makes a nice dishcloth. It uses chains and sc and dc stitches. It's super easy, but requires changing stitches often, so it won't be too boring. It creates a nice textured fabric that works well for scrubbing. And if you happen to make a mistake, it will barely show.

I would consider using a hook a size larger than the yarn recommends so that you don't end up with a cloth that is too thick.

Start with an odd number of chains.

Foundation row:

Sc into the second chain from the hook and into each chain. You need to have an even number of stitches.

Pattern row:

ch1, turn, sc into first stitch, Dc into next stitch, repeat to end of row, ending with a DC.

Repeat pattern row until the dishcloth is as large as you would like it to be. (You will always dc into the sc of the row below and Sc into the Dc of the row below.)

Finish with a row of SC.

A variation on this is to do a SC and a DC into every other stitch, skipping the in-between stitches.

Archived