Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheerHi there everyone, I think I would like to jump in and make a few dishclothes to, so count me in. It will give me something to do while I watch my lil darling grandbabies during the day. Now I'm off to find a dishcloth pattern that I want to work on. Awesome!!! So glad you'll be joining the fun! :yay

Tam, hope your hubby does well, and gets better soon. Sending prayers. Aww sweetie...... thanks so much :hug

Morning folks

I posted this over in my other group, but will post it here for the ones who dont check in over there .

I used one of the Priscilla Hewitt patterns -- on the page called 5 Textured Dishcloths( I think is what it is called ),and it's pattern number one .

Nothing fancy ,but it turned out a nice size and not real thick and clunky feeling . Oh NICE Very NICE

Tam

Sure hope your husband is ok and fights off this latest infection quickly so he can come home again . Thank you so much hon! :hug

Hi Michelle

Thought I'd answer your post about how this group works . As I understand it,there is no required number of dishcloths you have to make and no set pattern you have to use. Everyone just makes any dishcloth they want to ,then shares a photo if you want to .

There are tons of free dishcloth patterns online ,so you have lots to choose from .

I will be your unofficial greeter and say welcome to the group . Tam is the leader,but I'll jump in here to answer your question and say howdy .:)Julie......... you're a doll........thanks for jumpin in!!

I'm in! I have lots of cotton yarn - Peaches N'Creme that I bought when Wally World was discontinuing it a while back. BTW, Pisgah is going out of business which is very sad, but they do have a sale going on - http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/

I also have some ILTC that needs to be made into something. :yay.... so glad you're gonna come play!!!

Tam- Prayers for your DH!!! Thanks so much!!!

I'll be praying for your husband. Thank you!!!!! :hug

Here is the dishcloth I made yesterday. It is this pattern. I shrunk it down a bit, becasue I wanted to make one skein of yarn do, and I added a sc border. I've used this stitch for a baby blanket in the past, but never thought of using it for a dishcloth, until I saw this pattern. You can't tell in my picture, but the dishcloth has a subtle wavy pattern and quite a bit of texture. My cloth is 9 1/2 inches square. Okay... Very cool!!!!

Well then I am in :) I will make a dishcloth and share it here... :yay........... so glad you'll be joining us!

Tam, hope your husband feels better soon. Thank you so much!!!!

Cindy, thats a great dishcloth!

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers for hubby!!!

He's still in the hospital .... they are giving him antibiotics. Yesterday he got platlets... today he got blood... they are running lots of tests... but still havent pin pointed the issue.

Okay.... off to relax... its been a long day....... :whew My 14 yr old had a wrestling tournament today..... and we're all pooped! The team took 1st Place! :D I'm so proud of them! My son won 4 of his 5 matches... 3 being PINS.

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam

I'm glad your husband is getting good care and hoping they can find out what happened with the infection,and that the meds and blood make him strong again .

Congrats to your son on his wrestling tournaments. None of our kids ever played that in school,so I dont know much about it ,but he must be really good at it !

Take care of yourself --

Thanks.

I think it is actually this blanket pattern. Its pretty easy to un-do a few extra chains if you have started with too many though, so you could just crochet to the width you want and go from there.

Thanks Cindy!!! I think I'll use that to make a baby blanket for DH's DD's baby to be!!!

Tam- At least the long day ended up with your DS having a terrific tournament!!! Prayers and positive thoughts continue for you, DH and the family. How's Michael doing? I think of him often and keep him in my prayers!!!

No dishcloth making for me yesterday- but I just might take a ball of cotton yarn to work today and see if I can sneak in a start to one!!!

Have a good day all!

Hi Tam

I'm glad your husband is getting good care and hoping they can find out what happened with the infection,and that the meds and blood make him strong again . Thanks so much!!! They decided this morning they believe him to have a slight case of pnemonia.

Congrats to your son on his wrestling tournaments. None of our kids ever played that in school,so I dont know much about it ,but he must be really good at it ! I'm really proud of him. He's 14yrs old... a touch over 6' tall and wrestling in the 152 weight class.

Take care of yourself --

Tam- At least the long day ended up with your DS having a terrific tournament!!! Prayers and positive thoughts continue for you, DH and the family. How's Michael doing? I think of him often and keep him in my prayers!!! Thanks so much hon!!! :hug Michael is hangin' tough. He's weaning off the prednizone right now.. heading for remission. We had a little hault when he started spilling protein again... but we're back on track as of today.

No dishcloth making for me yesterday- but I just might take a ball of cotton yarn to work today and see if I can sneak in a start to one!!!

Have a good day all!

These are the dishcloths I made over last summer. The flower was a free-be from Michaels. Can't remember what yarn co. now. {it'll come to me} Those are AWESOME!!! Wow!

:sun:snow Morning everyone! I'm gettin' the boys ready to head up to the hospital and spend the day with hubby! So I wont be on until later tonight. I hope you all have a GREAT day... and cant wait to see if you all play more ini the cotton!!! :hook

:heart

:mug

WOW :eek

Now that is one beautiful dishcloth !!!! :manyheart

No way I'd ever use that to wash a dish with .It needs to be framed and hanging on your kitchen wall .

Thanks!! I don't use them to wash dishes with either, I just make'em cause I like'em, LOL!! I have a whole drawer full of dishclothes!! I could probably crochet them together and make a nice lapghan!:manyheart:devil

Angel Dishcloth.....................not a great picture, I am not a great picture taker :(

That is beautiful!!!

Here is one that I made this morning. Just a simple one in white. I used this pattern. I think I'm going to re-work the pattern so it has 7 petals. I think it would look less like a snowflake that way, lol.

post-22492-135897622265_thumb.jpg

Thanks Cindy!!! I think I'll use that to make a baby blanket for DH's DD's baby to be!!!

You're welcome. I think that blanket pattern calls for using a double strand of yarn. That seemed kind of heavy for a new born to me, so I used a longer starting chain and a single strand. It made a pretty solid fabric, even with one strand.

I'm pretty sure I used WW and a I or J hook.

These are the dishcloths I made over last summer. The flower was a free-be from Michaels. Can't remember what yarn co. now. {it'll come to me}

Those are all so pretty.

Looks like you are set for dishcloths for months!

Your angel dishcloth is nice too.

edited to add: I see I'm not the only one that thinks that dishcloth is too pretty to use!

Everyone is doing such beautiful work! I love the angel and valentine ones....I had a nasty bout of stomach flu so today will be the first day to pick up my hook in awhile... I can't wait to try some of the patterns

:cheer Hi everyone, I'm finally getting a moment to sit down and pick out a dishcloth pattern to work on this week along with my other WIP. I already picked out the color I want to work with now to find the perfect pattern for it.

Wrennie - I love all your bright and pretty dishcloths. You have a very nice selection of them. :manyheart

Tam - so sorry to be just inding out that your DH is in the hospital, I'm glad that hey found out what was wrong with him. Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery for him and a HUG for you. :hug

Amhmsh - (hope I spelled it correctly) I love the heart dishcloth and the angel dishcloths is beautiful also. :hug

Well got to run now and find a dishcloth pattern, talk to you all real soon.

Archived