Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

Nice eye candy- Michele- those dishcloths are beautiful- works of art - not for cleaning dishes!!!

I just went to Lilys site and saved a few patterns. But then got distracted because I found a really cute baby bib so I saved that too.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohmygosh. You guys are all doing such beautiful dishcloths. I've only done 3. 1 before with some scrubbies for my mom and I just finished a couple more. I'm going to have to get adventuresome and try some of the pretty patterns. :hook

I NEED MORE COTTON! :jumpyay

lol

Love the ones ya'll are posting.

There are some lovely ones here! I will add the ones I have made when I get my batteries recharged. My DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him that I wanted some cones of cotton yarn so that I could make ME some dishcloths!!! He got me two cones!!!! I have made 8 just for me!!! I will probably make some for others but it was nice to make some just for me!!!

Cindy- that log cabin dishcloth is really pretty!!!

I made one of Priscilla Hewitt's last evening- #3 of the Five Textured dishcloths- nothing fancy, but I do like the texture. It's too dark for a pic right now. Julie did #1 I believe.

Wrennie - I love all your bright and pretty dishcloths. You have a very nice selection of them. :manyheart

Thank you. I keep them for gifts. Many of them live elsewhere now.

Here is one that I made this morning. Just a simple one in white. I used this pattern. I think I'm going to re-work the pattern so it has 7 petals. I think it would look less like a snowflake that way, lol.

That would look like a flower done in colors. I don't think its to snowflakey.

Valentine Dishcloth............... BEAUTIFUL!!!

Angel Dishcloth.....................not a great picture, I am not a great picture taker :(your picture is just fine and your dishcloth is Awesome!!!!

That is beautiful!!!

Here is one that I made this morning. Just a simple one in white. I used this pattern. I think I'm going to re-work the pattern so it has 7 petals. I think it would look less like a snowflake that way, lol. OmGoodness..... How Cool! Love it!!!

I finally have a dishcloth to share that I made yesterday. It's my first dishcloth of the year and my first log cabin pattern. Oh Wow.......... How neat is that!!!

[ATTACH]34175[/ATTACH]

:snow Good Morning ladies..............

Wow......... there are some grest dishcloths being made!!!!

you guys are awesome!!!

I'm home right now.... and may end up staying here......the roads are slick.... ice coming down. May be best to stay in where its safe. Dont need me and the boys in the hospital with hubby!

Off to get a refill on my coffee and get the hook movin'!

:heart

:mug

Stephanie

I hope you get a chance to pick up some more cotton !

Cindy

The log cabin pattern is really neat,and your work is very nice !

Angel

Nothing wrong with making yourself something if you need it or want it ! I think most of us end up giving away about everything we make. I know I do ,but sometimes you just need to do something for yourself !

Tam

Stay safe out there on that ice ! I hear it's headed our way tomorrow sometime. Tonite is just supposed to be plain snow, the ice, tomorrow afternoon .

Cindy, that is a great looking dishcloth.

Tam, its wise to stay where you are safe. The last thing your dh needs is to worry about you being out and about.

I don;t think we are supposed to get ice, just a lot of snow, starting tomorrow afternoon, and 50 MPH winds. I'm glad I have Tuesday and Wednesday off.

You got it ladies........... we stayed home all day.... good thing the boys didnt have school. :whew

didnt visit hubby... but he understands! stayed in safe and warm and will continue to do so until things clear up. my 14yr old was suppose to have wrestling practice and show choir practice............. um.......... not going!!! making spaghetti for dinner instead! As soon as I get a fresh pot of coffee going......... :D

I'm glad you didn't have to go out in that snow today, Tam. We've been watching the news/weather today and it's crazy! (Not where we are, but I feel so bad for everyone where it is happening!..) :2snow

I am making a pot of coffee now too. I made some brownies today & I can't resist any longer... :devil Oh, I am crocheting the "Short Rows Sweetie Pie" dishcloth from the latest Crochet World magazine. I went and got some more cotton to do another one in; when I am done with this one, too... :)

Tina- That's a pretty dishcloth!!!

Just got home a little while ago from another very LONG day at work. We are supposed to get snow/ice- and I'm so DONE with winter!!!

smart decision to stay in Tammy!

Stay safe everyone!

I finished my first dishcloth of 2011, today. :P It's the Short-Row Sweetie Dishcloth by Michele Maks, from Crochet World February 2011. :hook

I love that!

LOL, I have that magazine in my daily do clipboard ready for me to make when I have time. Yours turned out so pretty.

My mil's birthday is this weekend so I think I will whip up some pretty dishcloths for her.

I'm glad you didn't have to go out in that snow today, Tam. Yeah me too!!! Wow is it cold and slick out there!! We've been watching the news/weather today and it's crazy! (Not where we are, but I feel so bad for everyone where it is happening!..) :2snow

I am making a pot of coffee now too. :manyheart COFFEE I made some brownies Brownies too... but oh Coffee......... ahhhhh today & I can't resist any longer... :devil Oh, I am crocheting the "Short Rows Sweetie Pie" dishcloth from the latest Crochet World magazine. I went and got some more cotton to do another one in; when I am done with this one, too... :)

I finished my first dishcloth of 2011, today. :PNice..... VERY Nice!!! It's the Short-Row Sweetie Dishcloth by Michele Maks, from Crochet World February 2011. :hook

Tina- That's a pretty dishcloth!!!

Just got home a little while ago from another very LONG day at work. We are supposed to get snow/ice- and I'm so DONE with winter!!!

smart decision to stay in Tammy! Thanks...... its been ugly out there... Lots of closings... Lots of accidents.

Stay safe everyone!

I am jumping in on this...I organized my yarn and found I have about 14 balls of cotton...so I will be crocheting and knitting some dishcloths.... :yay......... Good to have you come play in the cotton yarn with us!

I love that!

LOL, I have that magazine in my daily do clipboard ready for me to make when I have time. Yours turned out so pretty.

My mil's birthday is this weekend so I think I will whip up some pretty dishcloths for her. Oh yes... dishcloths always make a nice little gift. You could even make a nice bouquet in a cup for her.

This is the bouquet I made.......

post-18634-13589762299_thumb.jpg

I LOVE those bouquets. They are just gorgeous. Want to make one but not sure for who. How wells does a teacup ship?

I made a shells dishcloth for me last night. I'll have to take a pic to post in a bit. Right now, trying to thaw. Had to go put out another round bale of hay for the horses. My cheeks are aching from the cold!

Just stopping by to say HI :cheer we have been having some nasty weather here in New Jersey with some, sleet, ice, rain and snow, seems as if this winter the weather maker up above is throwing it all our way after giving us so many years of mild winters. :eek

At the moment I'm working on my first dishcloth for 2011 and it has kept me somewhat entertain while I watch my grandbabies. :think I'm working on this pattern and I'm enjoying crocheting it.

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4441&cps=21191

Recycled Cindy - love the look of your log cabin dishcloth, I grab the pattern and save it, thanks for it. :hook

Tina - love the pink dishcloth especially that it can be hung. :crocheting

Joanne - I'm with you I'm done with winter also. :(

Tam - love the flowers in the cup, MMMMmmmmm that will be a nice gift. :manyheart

To the rest of the group. Hugs :manyheart

This is the bouquet I made.......

[ATTACH]34239[/ATTACH]

Tam, great idea! How exactly do you fold them to get them to look like that? Yours is so pretty. I am not sure I could make one turn out that pretty, lol.

Tam, great idea! How exactly do you fold them to get them to look like that? Yours is so pretty. I am not sure I could make one turn out that pretty, lol.

I have a tutorial here on my blog that might help if you decide to go this route... :hook

I have a tutorial here on my blog that might help if you decide to go this route... :hook

Tam- Love the bouquet- and thanks so much for the tutorial!!! I may just have to give this idea a whirl!!!! I love the flower dishcloths you made- what pattern were they from?

Hope DH is doing ok==:hug

Cheeria- I saved that flower one that you are doing the other day! Great minds think alike!!

I started another one of Priscilla Hewitt's 5 Textured Dischloths last night- #1 this time. When I get a few more done, I'll post a pic.

Off to start dinner -

Stay safe and warm to all who are enduring another winter storm~~ we're supposed to wake up to ice tomorrow- Like Cheeria said, today we had some sleet, freezing rain- and it's getting colder and more freezing rain overnight into tomorrow- YUCK!!!!

Archived