Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

Hi, Tam, yes, I'm going to join in and make some dishcloths. I need some new ones!

Julie, I don't need 365 dishcloths!!!

:rofl You don't want a new one to use EVERY day?

Lea

I'm not sure about the type items the shelters need. We don't have any in our little hillbilly town .

I'd think there would be some type charity that would use them ..

No shelters in my little town either. No traffic light or grocery store for that matter. (lets play whose town is tinier)

Actually, my tiny town is up for one of the top 10 coolest small towns in America! Go vote for me. In NY its Phoenicia! At this link to Budget Travel Magazines website > http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-srv/coolestsmalltowns/CST2011.html

Anyone who does do these for charity can join the boxing day CAL too.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wrennie

Your town would beat ours for smaller. We have a grocery store ,and .... let me count them .......3 ....traffic lights .

I doubt if very many people would want to live here . It's boring with very little entertainment or restaurants,etc .

Almost all our businesses have shut down ,lots of people lost their homes due to that ,so many empty houses ...

But I grew up here ,so I like it and guess we will stay .. We may retire to someplace else ,not yet sure on that .We have some time to decide .

Hi Melissa

I need your name-- I crochet at about a turtle rate anymore ! Not very speedy .

I definately want to join! A CAL with no set pattern, no deadlines and check in whenever you can? Who wouldn't want to join ;) And dishclothes are so quick and fun to make :)

Here is one that I have done:

post-22492-135897621459_thumb.jpg

I definately want to join! A CAL with no set pattern, no deadlines and check in whenever you can? Who wouldn't want to join ;) And dishclothes are so quick and fun to make :)

Here is one that I have done:

That is gorgeous!

Maggie's Crochet site is doing a 365 dishcloth challenge and contest. I bookmarked this page yesterday and when I checked it just now to make sure it worked, another free dishcloth pattern has been added, so hopefully it will continue to update. As of today, there are 17 pattern links there.

Thanks for the link!!! I've already got a dish cloth design started for the contest. Sounds like a fun challenge.

Julee

I'm going to enjoy this! I love to make dishchloths. These projects travel with me, and they make nice gifts too. :yayso nice to have you along!!!!

Count me in again this year! I will be definately making things since dish/washcloths are so fast and easy to make! Hey hon........... I'm so glad you've come to play in the cotton yarn with us!! :hug

:yay............ so glad you came to play! We love more friends to play in the cotton yarn with! :D:yarn

Here is one that I have done: OMGoodness....... thats really COOL!

Thanks for the link!!! I've already got a dish cloth design started for the contest. Sounds like a fun challenge.

Hey Julee.............. how are you my dear!!! cant wait to see your dishcloth creations!!

Julee

Evening ladies................

Hope all is well with you! Forgive me if I bounce in and out of here for a while.......... Hubby has been put in the hospital for an infection. They cant find where its coming from... so.... prayers would be nice if you have a minute.

Okay... off to find a ball of cotton ........ I need to work on something simple and quick!!!! :hook

:heart

:mug

:cheerHi there everyone, I think I would like to jump in and make a few dishclothes to, so count me in. It will give me something to do while I watch my lil darling grandbabies during the day. Now I'm off to find a dishcloth pattern that I want to work on.

Morning folks

I posted this over in my other group, but will post it here for the ones who dont check in over there .

I used one of the Priscilla Hewitt patterns -- on the page called 5 Textured Dishcloths( I think is what it is called ),and it's pattern number one .

Nothing fancy ,but it turned out a nice size and not real thick and clunky feeling .

Tam

Sure hope your husband is ok and fights off this latest infection quickly so he can come home again .

Hi Michelle

Thought I'd answer your post about how this group works . As I understand it,there is no required number of dishcloths you have to make and no set pattern you have to use. Everyone just makes any dishcloth they want to ,then shares a photo if you want to .

There are tons of free dishcloth patterns online ,so you have lots to choose from .

I will be your unofficial greeter and say welcome to the group . Tam is the leader,but I'll jump in here to answer your question and say howdy .:)

I'm in! I have lots of cotton yarn - Peaches N'Creme that I bought when Wally World was discontinuing it a while back. BTW, Pisgah is going out of business which is very sad, but they do have a sale going on - http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/

I also have some ILTC that needs to be made into something.

Tam- Prayers for your DH!!!

Evening ladies................

Hope all is well with you! Forgive me if I bounce in and out of here for a while.......... Hubby has been put in the hospital for an infection. They cant find where its coming from... so.... prayers would be nice if you have a minute.

Okay... off to find a ball of cotton ........ I need to work on something simple and quick!!!! :hook

I'll be praying for your husband.

Here is the dishcloth I made yesterday. It is this pattern. I shrunk it down a bit, becasue I wanted to make one skein of yarn do, and I added a sc border. I've used this stitch for a baby blanket in the past, but never thought of using it for a dishcloth, until I saw this pattern. You can't tell in my picture, but the dishcloth has a subtle wavy pattern and quite a bit of texture. My cloth is 9 1/2 inches square.

post-6189-135897622013_thumb.jpg

Love the dishcloth and love the pattern, Cindy. When you made a baby blanket with that stitch- how many chains did you do? It looks like it would make a pretty blanket!!!

No stitching for me today---maybe tomorrow after work? This working a gazillion hours is really cramping my style!!!:lol

Yup she has us beat too. No traffic light, but a grocery, convenience/gas station and a post office!

Hi Wrennie

Your town would beat ours for smaller. We have a grocery store ,and .... let me count them .......3 ....traffic lights .

I doubt if very many people would want to live here . It's boring with very little entertainment or restaurants,etc .

Almost all our businesses have shut down ,lots of people lost their homes due to that ,so many empty houses ...

But I grew up here ,so I like it and guess we will stay .. We may retire to someplace else ,not yet sure on that .We have some time to decide .

Hi Melissa

I need your name-- I crochet at about a turtle rate anymore ! Not very speedy .

Love the dishcloth and love the pattern, Cindy. When you made a baby blanket with that stitch- how many chains did you do? It looks like it would make a pretty blanket!!!

No stitching for me today---maybe tomorrow after work? This working a gazillion hours is really cramping my style!!!:lol

Thanks.

I think it is actually this blanket pattern. Its pretty easy to un-do a few extra chains if you have started with too many though, so you could just crochet to the width you want and go from there.

Archived