All Shawl

Dextersmom

This is the pattern by Doris Chan. I made this for an 80 year old friend of mine. We've been friends for 24 years although we don't see each other very often. She's been out of town visiting family for the holidays so I wasn't worried about finishing it for Christmas. It's made with Cascade Ultra Pima in teal - lovely yarn. I made the same edging change that I have for the others I've made - leaving off the picots. I keep planning to make one for myself, but haven't had a chance to. My DIL and future DIL thought I should keep this one for myself and I have to say I was tempted! That yarn is so soft.

Thanks so much for looking!

post-2550-135897613762_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for your kind comments! It's so encouraging! I neglected to mention that I did not come up with the edging change. ScottyP, also on here, did and shared it with me some time ago.

linky? :) I love this edging even more than the one Doris Chan put on...(and she has wonderful designs)...I have ideas for that edging ;)

Do the edging exactly as written until the last row (Row 6).

For Row 6: Ch 2, *SH in SH, Ch 5, sc in the bottom loop of the pineapple/strawberry, Ch 5 again, and repeat from * across to the end.

Let me know if you have a problem with it.

Do the edging exactly as written until the last row (Row 6).

For Row 6: Ch 2, *SH in SH, Ch 5, sc in the bottom loop of the pineapple/strawberry, Ch 5 again, and repeat from * across to the end.

Let me know if you have a problem with it.

cool, thanks! I'll have to add that to my copy :)

oh yes...what's SH? (I'll probably know once I add that to my copy, won't I...)

Archived