2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit...gonna add my Ben Franklin store raid on Friday :rofl. I got out of there with only 3 skeins thanks to this CAL :D

WTD: -60

finished up a scarf for the scarf swap that used up a skein :cheer

why can't I manage a +12 when I don't buy yarn :rofl

Your scores motivated me to dig out the bags of yarn brought home this week from the beginnings of cleaning out my sister's house. No crocheting progress to help with it, so it looks like I will probably continue as the reigning "shoot the moon" queen.

WTD -106

No stampedes to the store allowed!

My son is going to Prom tonight. Haven't had much time to crochet or knit. Just a really busy week.

WTD=+1

:manyheart

Gotta love our friends. The ones that give us yarn and the ones that throw them in our carts (:turtle). :rofl

I didn't force you to write a check to pay for that yarn! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Posting my scores now since tonight we're going to a fund raiser for my work and IDK when we'll get home. Used up 2 balls and turned 2 skeins into balls. That's another +4. Still negative, but better than I was earlier this week! :lol

WTD: -13, YTD: -15

:turtle:vheart

It's a shameful, SHAMEFUL business... :yarn :yarn :yarn

I used up one skein this week, but...

A good friend gave me two bags of spare yarn (all small balls), and my shipment of Plymouth Boku just came in two days ago, so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -56 YTD -14

I can quit anytime... :devil

I took advantage of all the big scores this week and just got back from a mini trip with the hubby (I love it when he asks me if I want to go to HL and Michaels hehe).

WTD -14/YTD -31

I haven't had much time to :crocheting, I've only made 3 turtles (they're small and easy). Used 2 balls (+2) :cheer. I hope to get them all done on time. I went to Michaels today and got eyes, glue and glitter (for snowflakes), no :yarn.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 72

Ellie 13

Okay, it's an even MORE shameful business now. I have to amend my scores, as I just went to Michaels for other supplies, and they had the Special Olympic yarn colors in. I swear, I was just minding my own business when they just LEAPED into my arms! Honest! :devil

Stashbuster Total: WTD -60 YTD -18

:blush :blush :blush

Michaels for other supplies, and they had the Special Olympic yarn colors in. I swear, I was just minding my own business when they just LEAPED into my arms! Honest! :devil

:blush :blush :blush

UGH - I was at 3 yarn stores today and no Special Olympics colors :(

I was able to wittle down my score from earlier in the week,but didn't know when I went to the knitting etc group Thursday, that I was going to be gifted some wool,so my score has jumped back into the negative

wtd - 22 ytd + 97

WTD: -10 YTD: +11

I managed to buy yarn, but use nothing. Bought 2 more skeins for mom's blanket (still missing 1 color so I still can't work on it). Bought 3 other skeins because they felt soft and were pretty. Bernat Satin. No clue what I'll do with them. Working waaaay too many hours and it's cutting majorly into my crocheting time and energy. Over 60 hours worked this week and still have tomorrow to go, which will add another 8-14 hours.

And think I finally (again) decided what to do for my Spoil ME ghan with the Spa yarn. A 2 strand ripple ghan using 1 main color throughout and changing the secondary color every 4 rows or so. Not sure how it'll look so I'll probably do a swatch first to see if the color changes and ripples show or disappear.

Archived