2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably be posting the scores for YTD about 12:00 noon Central time tomorrow. So please post your YTD scores by then and I will be taking care of the scoring.

Good luck, everyone.

:manyheart

bought 17 total this week. But I did finish a divine scarf for 1, a black hat, a summer hat and just finished a skein of fun fur on another. So that at least gave me 5 to help off set.

JoAnn's was the death of me this week...

Stashbustin' 2011

wtd -29 as of 3/26

ytd -134 as of 3/26

I received a letter today. It was shocking, and sad. I didn't realize things had gotten this bad. I know the economy has some to do with it, but I just, well, don't know what to think anymore. Has it really gotten that bad? And are we going to sit back or are we going to do something about it?

Here is a copy of the letter:

Dear Shell,

Hello, this is Violet from the National Association of Orphaned Skeins of America (NAOSA). I am writing to you with my concerns about the recent surge in orphaned skeins. All over the United States, skeins are going without cuddles and love. They are being looked over then left on the shelf, backs are turned on them, some are even being shoved behind boxes and forgotten.

Too many of these orphan skeins have been injured in their attempts to attract attention. Broken ply, shredded yarn, tangled knots.

It has come to our attention that you are part of an organization called Stashbusters 2011, whose goal is to use up more yarn than they buy. This is causing an influx of orphaned skeins.

Please, talk with your fellow Stashbusters, show them pictures of orphaned skeins. Show them the damage that is done when they leave the skeins behind. Won't you please help NAOSA in our fight to make sure no skein is left behind?

Thank you for your efforts,

Violet Rose Caron

President and Founder

p.s. Please extend our thanks to Jana (-286), Mona (-253), yarn geek (-384), and all the rest of the Stashbusters who have thought about the orphaned skeins and taken them home. It is people like them whCausehelp keep our cause going.

:rofl:rofl

Doing my part to help the Cause! Even after using up 5 skeins this week, I'm at:

WTD: -26; YTD: -410

This week's winners are:

Gold Medal Winner:

ShellLee +16

Silver Medal Winner:

Dragonpuck +10

Bronze Medal Winner:

dilyca2006 +6

Honorable Mention:

Pineknott +3

MouseCLP +2

PBLKNP +2

Walker1021 +2

greyhoundgrandma +1

Holding Steady:

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

fc1123 0

gshall 0

Marzee 0

Saffronangel 0

tralee 0

Adoptive parents of poor orphans:

CLLinda -1

TurtleLvr -1

cshort -9

cris -15

yarngeek -26

FrLopLady -29

And the new Shoot the Moon Winner:

Braxxi -65

Apologies if I missed anyone or mistyped. Let me know and I will correct it.

This week's winners are:

Gold Medal Winner:

ShellLee +16

Silver Medal Winner:

Dragonpuck +10

Bronze Medal Winner:

dilyca2006 +6

Honorable Mention:

Pineknott +3

MouseCLP +2

PBLKNP +2

Walker1021 +2

greyhoundgrandma +1

Holding Steady:

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

fc1123 0

gshall 0

Marzee 0

Saffronangel 0

tralee 0

Adoptive parents of poor orphans:

CLLinda -1

TurtleLvr -1

cshort -9

cris -15

yarngeek -26

FrLopLady -29

And the new Shoot the Moon Winner:

Braxxi -65

Apologies if I missed anyone or mistyped. Let me know and I will correct it.

Not bad, by the numbers above, approximately 73 orphaned skeins found new homes (and are relaxing in their new rooms)! And 21 skeins were taken from their "rooms" and lovingly placed into projects.

I am finished with going to church, and a workout. I finished faster than I thought I would. So I will be working on the scores and posting them soon.

Good luck, everyone.

The Year to Date Scores

Commonly known as

YTD!

dragonpuck +136 Gold Medal Winner!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Pineknott +108 Silver Medal Winner:cheer:cheer:cheer

gshall +53 Bronze Medal Winner!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Honorable Mentions! Those really trying to use up stash!

Dilyca +40

PBLKNP +36

MouseCLP +31

Shell Lee +25

cshort +21

Marzee +12

tralee +7

TurtleLvr +3

Great Job, everyone! Keep up the good work!:yay:yay:yay

Now for those who are bringing home the yarn. Someone has to bring those poor little orphan skeins home. They just can't sit on the shelves forever!

CLLinda -11

saffronangel -15

fc1123 -20

BigPinkPolkaDot -21

cris -32

kraftynkrazy -41

Braxxi -59

Wrennie -105

FrLopLady -134

Greyhoundgrandma -252

Walker1021 -276

And now the moment we've all been waiting for. Drum roll please....... The Winner of March's YEAR TO DATE SHOOT THE MOON AWARD GOES TO:

YarnGeek with a score of -410!

It was a fun month. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

and, as the broken record I am... gosh darn it - next week will be in the positive! *laughing*

I'm trying to stay on the positive side of things since I have an all day shopping trip with Jana coming up in a couple weeks. :lol

:turtle:vheart

I busted a skein yesterday and am close on a second. Yay me! I need a yarn wall like some of you so I can really see what I have.

April 16 me & 2 of the girls I work with are going on an homage to Hobby Lobby. Watch out yarn aisle here we come!

I busted a skein yesterday and am close on a second. Yay me! I need a yarn wall like some of you so I can really see what I have.

April 16 me & 2 of the girls I work with are going on an homage to Hobby Lobby. Watch out yarn aisle here we come!

oh I would LOVE to have a yarn wall unit so I can see everything - *looks over at unsuspecting hubby who doesn't know what I'm about to ask him*

oh I would LOVE to have a yarn wall unit so I can see everything - *looks over at unsuspecting hubby who doesn't know what I'm about to ask him*

I am supposed to be getting one in my new craft room in the house we are trying to buy. Just waiting for the darn real estate agent to do her job and then... yarn wall here I come!!! :lol

I lost count, but I've made at least 70 bunny pins. I finished the stuffed bunny too. I used up 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 3) :cheer. I gave away the pounder that showed up at my door last week (+2) :cheer. I might need to get white thread for a project, but I'll wait til next week.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 45

Ellie 13

I used the wire storage cubes ( from Walmart/Target etc)

http://www.nextag.com/wire-storage-cube/stores-html

easy to move and/or change configuration and add more as the stash grows :hook:hook

It's all my daughter's fault. ALL her fault!!! She's the one who got the gift card to Michael's for her birthday, and she's the one who can't drive by herself yet, and she's the one who let me off my leash in the yarn department with all that pretty, pretty, soft and fuzzy, clearance yarn that needed a good home, and the 25% off coupon, and some yarn that wasn't still on sale, but had the sale price still posted, and they gave me the sale price any way, and....

ALL her fault -- I'm going to keep her! :D

WTD -32

Archived