2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

OK- I hinted earlier in the week that I'd scored a ton of clearance yarn. I have added a mere 13 skeins to that, so my score is: WTD: -194!

:faint Time to get that hook flying!:hook

:eek Wow! :bow you are the yarn goddess!

I havent been keeping very good track the past couple of weeks. I'm in a bit of a funk. I'll try to get back into keeping better track.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent been keeping very good track the past couple of weeks. I'm in a bit of a funk. I'll try to get back into keeping better track.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. While I know it may not mean much, but if you ever need to bend an ear - I've got two. Shoot me a PM and we can set up a chat time or something.

I have so many projects with 1/2 finished. If I could just find the time to finish all of them you all would be in trouble :rofl But no fear..finding that kind of time isn't easy and I don't expect to find it any time soon.

:hugs to Wrennie

Bronze Medal Tie! - dilyca2006 +10

- Walker1021 +10

I'll get Jana back into the negatives since we're planning a shopping trip soon! :lol

:hug

:turtle:vheart

Thank you, yarn geek! I stayed up til the wee hours, so didn't get my scores posted in time, but you saved me.

I went shopping last Sunday and bought 9 skeins (-18) and then went shopping again yesterday and came home with 7 more (-14). Being a potential grandma has killed my stashbusting! However, I finished off my 5th skein last night... er, this morning, so my total is

WTD -22

YTD +25

I had to laugh at the "yarn snob" comments. I got an email for a sock cal where they recommended not substituting brands on the yarn, but said it was "not too pricey". The cheapest price I found was $17 a skein and it takes 2 skeins to make a pair of socks, which didn't fall into my definition of not too pricey! I guess it's all a matter of personal perspective.

I had to laugh at the "yarn snob" comments. I got an email for a sock cal where they recommended not substituting brands on the yarn, but said it was "not too pricey". The cheapest price I found was $17 a skein and it takes 2 skeins to make a pair of socks, which didn't fall into my definition of not too pricey! I guess it's all a matter of personal perspective.

I am pretty sure a $34 pair of socks is pricey, regardless of who you ask LOL

Did I mention that I work at a big box craft store? :blush Since I started there- and joined the 'Ville and Ravelry- my stash has gotten 4-5 times bigger! I'm a sucker for clearance and deep discount yarn, so I have a habit of stocking up when I find good deals. I haven't decided if I'm going to post it in Flash Your Stash yet (there are a lot of yarn snobs on there).

Oh, don't let those yarn snobs get to you! All my afghans made with Red Heart and TLC yarn are still holding up nicely. As far as wool goes, I adore Patons Classic Wool, which you can always find on sale at one of the big box stores. It's cheaper and just as nice as Cascade 220 at the LYS, IMHO.

The funniest was the time I was at my SnB group, wearing a sweater I'd made. Someone was complimenting me on it and saying it must have set me back quite a way, yarn-price-wise. She dropped her jaw when I told her that it was made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky (scraps yet, from another project). :rofl:rofl:rofl

I went to Michaels, I was good, I only bought pins, eyes and pom-poms :yes, didn't even go in the :yarn section. I made 20 bunny pins so far and used 2 small balls (+2) :cheer. I rolled a partial skein of white to a medium sized ball (+1). I hope I can get 60 bunny pins out of it. I might try another CAL to use up stash after Easter.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 34

Ellie 13

I did it! I went to JoAnn's with Mom and did NOT buy any yarn!!!

But boy, the yarn sure tangled up around my ankles trying to pull me back to the yarn aisle!

I hope you get to feeling better soon. While I know it may not mean much, but if you ever need to bend an ear - I've got two. Shoot me a PM and we can set up a chat time or something.

I have so many projects with 1/2 finished. If I could just find the time to finish all of them you all would be in trouble :rofl But no fear..finding that kind of time isn't easy and I don't expect to find it any time soon.

:hugs to Wrennie

Awwwwww! You guys are just too nice.!!! It's really nothing big, the lame not quite spring time of year (I hate winter)I'm loooonging for warm days:sun, BF's been sick, he has 'flare ups' from his divraticulitis and he just feels crampy and is miserable which makes me bummed:sigh, Where I work really needs to hire more staff for the whole area so me & the girls where I work can stop running around to other branches to fill in, and therefore not get our own stuff done.

And daylight savings time now adds to my off-ness...:blink

and dang it theres no football till August ! :rofl

I'll get Jana back into the negatives since we're planning a shopping trip soon! :lol

I Will Resist...I Will Resist...I Will Resist....Oh, Heck with that! I WANT MORE YARN!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

:hug :hug

Sounds like you need some "Wrennie time" - relax and enjoy yourself! Winter will be over soon and things always look brighter in the spring!!! :hug Hope you feel better soon!!!

Awwwwww! You guys are just too nice.!!! It's really nothing big, the lame not quite spring time of year (I hate winter)I'm loooonging for warm days:sun, BF's been sick, he has 'flare ups' from his divraticulitis and he just feels crampy and is miserable which makes me bummed:sigh, Where I work really needs to hire more staff for the whole area so me & the girls where I work can stop running around to other branches to fill in, and therefore not get our own stuff done.

And daylight savings time now adds to my off-ness...:blink

and dang it theres no football till August ! :rofl

Looks like lots of stashbusting happening around here! Great Job everyone.

I have given up buying yarn for lent. So I should be posting positive scores for the next 5 weeks. Unless, the yarnfairies come and deliver a load to my house. You just never know.

:manyheart

I Will Resist...I Will Resist...I Will Resist....Oh, Heck with that! I WANT MORE YARN!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

You can't resist yarn, or me for that fact! :hug

Looks like lots of stashbusting happening around here! Great Job everyone.

I have given up buying yarn for lent. So I should be posting positive scores for the next 5 weeks. Unless, the yarnfairies come and deliver a load to my house. You just never know.

:manyheart

Watch out, those yarn fairies are sneaky. :lol

You're right about the yarn snobs. There are a lot of them. But don't let them deter you. Show off your stash. You should be ultra proud of it.

BTW...I think you should change your name from Yarn Geek to Yarn Goddess. :rofl

I'll probably post it sometime this week; I want catch up on the thread first.

Yarn Goddess!:haha:laughroll:rofl

Oh yarngeek, you saved me! Actually, I'm a little envious. Have fun bouncing and leaping and rolling through all your lovely, soft and happy yarn! :jumpyay:woo:2spin
You're welcome!:lol

Thank you, yarn geek! I stayed up til the wee hours, so didn't get my scores posted in time, but you saved me.
:devil

The funniest was the time I was at my SnB group, wearing a sweater I'd made. Someone was complimenting me on it and saying it must have set me back quite a way, yarn-price-wise. She dropped her jaw when I told her that it was made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky (scraps yet, from another project). :rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl

This weekend, while working on my son's flannelghan, I told him I thought the black would run out before I could finish it. (he wants 6 strips instead of the called for 5). Of course, he thought I should just run right out that day and get more. "Ummm, no" I told him. "I'll wait til I meet up with Sue again." He couldn't wait. He went to Walmart and bought me a pounder of black. Gotta love kids :)

This weekend, while working on my son's flannelghan, I told him I thought the black would run out before I could finish it. (he wants 6 strips instead of the called for 5). Of course, he thought I should just run right out that day and get more. "Ummm, no" I told him. "I'll wait til I meet up with Sue again." He couldn't wait. He went to Walmart and bought me a pounder of black. Gotta love kids :)

Its all about him isn't it! :rofl

well, it must be working, two projects and not enough in my stash to finish either-:think so off to wall mart :crocheting

check that I remembered that we are off to Billings tomorrow-- can you say Hobby Lobby?

:lol

Archived