2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Bedtime now though! Hope everyone's having good stashbusting tonight! (or... good times adding to their stash since we pretty much know who the shoot the moon winner is going to be....)

:thinkWho would that be? :rofl ........

Ok, found some cammo yarn 3 pts worth, that I always wanted to try, and orange for an ami-crab and a ball of green for a project, busted that green ball last night, so ADD -5 (or is that subtract?) for -65!! :eek

But {{looks at my notepad}} I did ball 4 skeins into balls and bust 1 ball over the past week, SO I am holding steady at -60.

Go ahead, go shopping, break the bank, I've got ya' covered!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go ahead, go shopping, break the bank, I've got ya' covered!

Thanks for the push I needed to go buy some more stash.:yes Unfortunately, I'm buying it from my fav on line yarn store, so I won't have it this week. :( I'll let you know when it arrives on my doorstep.

Who's your fav on line yarn store? I order a lot because there are no close stores except Wal-Mart. I'm always looking for good prices on line.

I like Herrschners and Knitpicks for their yarn. They have wonderful selections.

:manyheart

Who's your fav on line yarn store? I order a lot because there are no close stores except Wal-Mart. I'm always looking for good prices on line.

I love Yarn and Thread by Lisa. Her customer service is A++++++. If I am not sure of what color will go with another, I call or e-mail her and she is always so helpful. Yesterday, her and her hubby had all the green colors pulled out because I asked for help in color co-ordinating an afghan that called for 2 different colors of green. How much more could you ask?

Sorry....rambling.....I'll go off to my little mouse house and be quiet for a while. :mouse

I like Herrschners and Knitpicks for their yarn. They have wonderful selections.

Thanks. I have ordered from Herrschners, as well as Joann's, Mary Maxim and knitting-warehouse, but I've bookmarked Knitpicks for future orders.

My internet service has been going in and out, probably because of all the snow we have. So I am posting my score early, so that I get it in. Who knows how things will work tomorrow.

WTD=+4

I'm working all weekend so I'm going to post now. I bought 4 skeins this week. One to finish a project and 3 for another scarf request. I'm getting requests for football team colored scarves. Thank goodness we are at the Super Bowl! I guess next it will be something for baseball season.

WTD -6, YTD -4

Was hoping to get more done this week. I've been assembling some granny squares I made from scraps of blue. I had them carefully laid out how I wanted them. I put them together in strips. Then I carefully laid out the strips how I wanted them to go and put them together. Then how is it that when I started in on the border, the strips were together wrong!!!:angry Had to pull three (out of 5) of apart and redo. So, no yarn used up. For a big fat WTD 0

Ready for my big score????? It's a big, fat zero!!! Didn't have as much time to crochet this week as I had hoped for. And the never ending baby afghan is still not done. Baby shower is next weekend:eek Good news is that I am finally on the border - row 5 of 10. It's getting there, just not fast enough for me.

WTD 0

Ready for my big score????? It's a big, fat zero!!! Didn't have as much time to crochet this week as I had hoped for. And the never ending baby afghan is still not done. Baby shower is next weekend:eek Good news is that I am finally on the border - row 5 of 10. It's getting there, just not fast enough for me.

I've had those projects too. They seem to take forever. Keep with it, and soon, it will just be a thing of the past.

It :snow a lot here. I missed a day of work so I got to :crocheting a lot. I made heart pins until I ran out of pin backs. I lost count but I had made 75 so I think I've made at least 100 or more by now. I can't count them because I've sold/given many away. I have 35 left and I'm not making any more. I've started shamrocks now :lol. I need to get more pins and hope I'm not tempted to get :yarn too. The pins don't take much :yarn but used a ball and rolled 2 (small) skeins down this week.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 18

Ellie 13

I have tooo many projects going and not getting any of them finished..not even a skein done :rofl

Wrennie protected my behind so I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday. That is a 4 hour round trip. The baby yarn I needed was on sale..uhh a lot of it was on sale so I bought a few more skeins.... ok more than a few when all is said and done..but I will use it and it was on sale...trying to justify that is was a wise decision :clap

I've given myself the job of making baby blankets for all the new babies born at church. I was going to try to make one for all the babies under 6 mo at church until I realized HOW MANY THERE WERE!!! :lol

So.. my score for the week...

wtd -40 ending 2/4

ytd -56

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I've been working on Special Olympics scarves and I missed my PA deadline. Good thing there are other states who need them. :whew I finished a skein and worked down another skein into a ball.

For week ending Feb. 5, 2011:

WTD: +3 / YTD: 0

I plan on doing a lot of crocheting during the Super Bowl tomorrow.

Go STEELERS!

Well, I was hoping for some crochet time today, but that didn't happen. So I only finished off one skein this week (it was a whole pound of size 3 thread though).

WTD +2 YTD +4 for week 6(2/5/11)

Checking in with my totals!

I did a lot of work this week, but mostly with that persistently eternal Lion Brand Pound of Love skein, which shows no sign of even shrinking, let along being used up, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +42

:crocheting

I've been crocheting away and have made some progress on projects, just haven't used up many skeins. I bought cotton for Valentine dish clothes and did finish some skeins on an afghan and HAP rectangles.

WTD -5/YTD -48

Archived