2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I've been doing is making dishcloths, mostly using peaches & cream cones, so nothing in the plus this week.

My poor fur kid needed some urgent medical attention, so no money for new yarn either.

This week I am at a nice little zero.

WTD = 0 YTD = -91

Although I don't have the money now to buy some new yarn, I'm expecting to receive some yarn from my mom that she won't be using....I hate to leave yarn orphaned somewhere where it won't be used :devil

Well, my score for the week just took a nosedive. My DD was looking for some specific yarn that I was only able to find online, so I ordered that for her, but how could I not take advantage of the free shipping on orders of $50 or more? :devil So, I ordered 12 skeins for myself. I believe that moves my score from the previous + 8 to -4 for the week! :blush Oh, well. Maybe I'll be in the positive for next week. At least I'll have some new yarn to play with!! :crocheting

(Ignore this score. My math was WAY off due to being under the influence of Benadryl &sinus congestion :devil!)

Well, my score for the week just took a nosedive. My DD was looking for some specific yarn that I was only able to find online, so I ordered that for her, but how could I not take advantage of the free shipping on orders of $50 or more? :devil So, I ordered 12 skeins for myself. I believe that moves my score from the previous + 8 to -4 for the week! :blush Oh, well. Maybe I'll be in the positive for next week. At least I'll have some new yarn to play with!! :crocheting

WTD - 4

:think Not sure if I'm reading this right, but if you were at +8 and then added 12 skeins to your stash, your score should be -16. (Full skeins count as 2 points, not 1.) Also, you mentioned that you ordered the yarn but didn't note whether or not you'd received it yet. You don't have to add it to your score until it's delivered (unless you really want to), so your score could still be +8.:devil If I read this wrong, just ignore me.;)

:think Not sure if I'm reading this right, but if you were at +8 and then added 12 skeins to your stash, your score should be -16. (Full skeins count as 2 points, not 1.) Also, you mentioned that you ordered the yarn but didn't note whether or not you'd received it yet. You don't have to add it to your score until it's delivered (unless you really want to), so your score could still be +8.:devil If I read this wrong, just ignore me.;)

You are absolutely correct!! My score should be WTD -16

I blame my lack of math skills last night on the Benadryl I took to help with all the sinus congestion I was having. :( Sorry about that. I'm sure glad someone else caught it since I didn't. Feeling much better this morning!

You really don't have to count the skeins until they actually are delivered to you. Sometimes, when we order, it takes a couple weeks or so. But it's up to you.

:manyheart

Gold Medal ~~ Pineknott +26

Silver Medals ~~ Braxxi +19 and TurtleLvr +19

Bronze Medals ~~ cris +5 and Dragonpuck +5 and Ellie 13 +5 and yarngeek +5

fc1123 +4

Kraftnkrazy +2

MouseCLP +1

BigPinkPolkaDot +0

Shannart +0

Greyhoundgrandma -2

cshort -10

Sahm2g1b -16

tnkycrochetnut -20

FrLopLady -29

Shoot the Moon ~~ CLLinda -31

You really don't have to count the skeins until they actually are delivered to you. Sometimes, when we order, it takes a couple weeks or so. But it's up to you.

I know I don't have to, but it said approx. 5 days, & I'm afraid that I'll get too busy this week & forget to count them. So, if I do it now then I don't have to worry about it when it does come in! ;)

I started wreath pins last night used a small ball (+1). Will have to get more plastic rings, pins and ribbon. I'll be good, I won't let any :yarn jump in my basket :yes. I'll wait until after Christmas to get the Vanna yarn. If I buy 1/2 the :yarn before 12/31/11 and use it, then buy the rest after 1/1/12, then my scores won't go low enough to Shoot The Moon :lol.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 172

Ellie 13

:yay:woo:yay:woo Congratulations to the 7 medal winners. Job well done.

:eek I just knew my first week I would probably get the "Shoot the Moon" prize. :whew But I didn't. :dance I was really good the other day when I heard Joann.com had free shipping. I did go look:drool, but I did not buy.:faint. But guess what I discovered yesterday at Joann.com.:thinking

All of the yarn is 30% off and there is free shipping for orders $50 and over. The offer is good until November 22.

I started a Dot Matthews Warm But Ugly hat yesterday. It calls for a size M hook and I only have one M hook. So I will probably buy some hooks. Since the crochet books are also 30% off. I may buy a couple of stitch dictionaries that I have been wanting also. Between a couple of stitch dictionaries and some hooks that should add up to the $50. But I will not buy yarn. I will not buy yarn. We will see about that. Everyone have a good week. Keep those hooks :hook a flying. Happy crocheting.:crocheting Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.:ttalk:tdance:pilgrim

I kind of figured I would get the "Shoot the Moon" award. :hook

I will be posting both scores (wtd and ytd), so please have your scores in by early Sunday morning at the least. I'll probably do them right after church.

On a scary note, my son and his friend were in a serious car accident. Both cars seem to be totalled. But they are both alive and well. Hurting, but nothing serious. Thank God for Air bags and seatbelts!

I will be posting both scores (wtd and ytd), so please have your scores in by early Sunday morning at the least. I'll probably do them right after church.

On a scary note, my son and his friend were in a serious car accident. Both cars seem to be totalled. But they are both alive and well. Hurting, but nothing serious. Thank God for Air bags and seatbelts!

I'm glad your son and his friend are ok.

Yes! Praise God for seat belts and airbags. Thankful that your son and his friend are alive! I'm sure they are bumped and bruised and maybe sprained and strained. Please convey our wishes for their healing.

On a side note, if the airbags deployed, most insurance companies deem the car as totaled because they say it's too expensive to replace the bags and all the stuff that they're packed in. I pray that your insurance is efficient and kind and you are able to find a replacement vehicle in a short amount of time.

Hugs, Linda. Many thoughts and prayers are with your family.

I'm so glad your son and his friend escaped with only minor injuries. Car wrecks can be very scary, especially when our children are involved.

Linda so glad they are both ok.

I worked on a hat/scarf combo. So far I've used up 1 skein. Finished off a baby afghan and ended up with 3 balls left over. I had claimed all the other yarn for this project previously. gave away a HUGE cone of an acrylic/poly blend. Really nubby and horrid to work with on a hook. She knits and it would seem better suited for that. Lucky because it was probably a 1500-2000 yarn cone and I'da never gotten through it!

But that gives me a +7 for the week already! I'm sure I will blow that though too :rofl

hey :turtle yah better hurry up!! :D

Linda, glad both made it though with minor injuries. :hug

I'm working with pounders, I'll be lucky to end up with a 0 this week. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Pounders are kinda a love/hate relationship when it comes to stash busting! But I do love the hand on the caron pounder yarns!

I was saved from myself yesterday. I was visiting with an out-of-town cousin and my uncle offered me my aunt's yarn. Luckily she had already given it away--he only found one skein!

I'm working on a red, green and white variegated cone of cotton and may actually finish it this week.

Archived