Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrennie, the snuggles look great. I love the cat pictures. I currently have 5 cats at my house, neither daughter can have their cats where they are living so I have my 1 plus their 4. I finished another hat today.

I no longer have cats either, so I am living vicariously through all the cat pictures. Thanks! Maybe when I retire and can be home more I'll consider getting a cat again.

I have two snuggles still almost finished, but I have been working so much that I'm tired and just crash when I get home. I'll probably get them finished up tomorrow. I brought yarn to start another tonight on my supper break. It's some, in my opinion, really ugly yarn I picked up on clearance. I have no idea why. Maybe the kitties won't mind - LOL.

The organization I've giving them to has their pet adoption day the second Saturday of the month, so I should have several for them by the February date.

I am impressed at how much you are all doing. I'll get in gear too, once my work schedule eases off.

everyone's work looks great,needed to take a break from cat mats to get my special olympics scarves finished,I'm trying to decide if I want to make a third scarf for VA. or just leave it at the two I have finished.

Hi Dorothy - my mom is just about the same. No better no worse. I took her sewing machine to the hospital on Tuesday and she is entertaining everone in the cancer ward by making charirty quilt tops. I am going to try to cut out pieces for tote bags this weekend so she can make gifts for the nurses and other patients.

I sometimes make cat toys at work when I actually sqeeze in a lunch. One day a guy walked in and saw me crocheting and said "oh, sorry are you at lunch?" I look right at him and said, "no, in fact I get paid to crochet". Geez! You are rocking the hats.

And Wrennie, wow, your cat mats are so cute. I bet they make the adoption area look wonderful. Why is it that so many people who do yarn crafts have cats? We have two (and my mom's kitten is with us now) and I am allergic, so we have 5 hospital grade air cleaners in our house. Expensive pets, huh??

Woo Hoo! I only have a short day at work today!!! I still have to go to the grocery store and to menards. So I will be gone most of the day :yes . Then Hubby and I are going out to dinner tonight. Today is gunna be a good day!

I'd like to join if it isn't too late. I will be making rectangles for HAP and 12 inch squares for HeartMade Blessings (HMB). My goals are 500 rectangles and 52 squares.

:welcomeIt is not to late to join I will go add your name to the first post now!

Welcome aboard MamaBearCRT!

Dorothy, cute pictures!

Great cat mat Denise!

I have to get a picture of the most recent one i made. I counted in my bag, I have 14 snuggles/mats. I know I had at least 1 already done before we started counting here. So I don't know how I got lost in my count, 13 not 10!. I'll have to see which I didn't post pics of. :think

Welcome aboard MamaBearCRT!

Dorothy, cute pictures!

Great cat mat Denise!

I have to get a picture of the most recent one i made. I counted in my bag, I have 14 snuggles/mats. I know I had at least 1 already done before we started counting here. So I don't know how I got lost in my count, 13 not 10!. I'll have to see which I didn't post pics of. :think

If it is in the bag then count it! So you have 14 total! :devil We are not a strict group!

HI Dorothy I would like to join this crocet along cause I need to reduce my huge yarn stash. I just signed up for the snuggles project to make pet mats and I'm going to donate them to the shelter where I got 2 of my cats from. I think I can make 12 of them this year if not more. I think this is a lovely idea.

Dorothy, thanks for the kitty pics!

I want a cat! :( Ah, well. Someday.

I need to actually sign up at the snuggles site. I didn't when I first checked it out because I was waiting to see if anyone local wanted them. Thanks for the reminder!

I haven't been getting any crocheting done lately to speak of. I have one snuggle finished. A second is finished except for end weaving. A third needs a finishing off round of sc and then end weaving. SURELY I can get that little bit done tomorrow! Of course, I've been saying that for a week and it isn't done yet.

I'll post pics when I get them done.

Archived