Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

Hello! I tried to post a picture last night but the site kept jamming. Everything else on my computer was working.

Ok, I love the finger puppets! Way better than candy. How long ago did you have to start?

Also love the Bear's Blues lapghan. I am a Packer fan (from WI) so it was a good day for me. (sorry)

And to Donna thanks for the correction on your pattern. It's a very nice combination! I'm going to have to tuck that idea away.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started the finger puppets in November and have worked on them off and on between other projects. Last year I started after Christmas and almost didn't get them done. I was so tired of making finger puppets. :)

Denise, my computer keept freezing on this site last night too. It took forever to post that pic. I am not opposed to the packers but my favorite team is the bears. My gram was a pack fan. I would still rather see them go than the lions...

Pineknott, congrats on getting your final scarf finished!

Jessica, I would have been tired of finger pupets too. I am sure all the kidos love them. I know I am not a big fan of all the little cards either. I make uplittle gift bags with pencils and little things like that in them. Then the twins can help with them!

Jessica, you are an amazing mom. It's crazy what moms will do for their kids. I came home from 8th grade cheer practice and said "I said you would make 20 pom and 12 cheer uniforms, is that ok?" And I lived to tell the story!

When I wasn't chewing on my hook, I did make a mat during the Packer game, but I don't think I took a picture and out the door it went this morning! Oops.

I wonder what was wrong with the site. We get so demanding of our technology, don't we!?

I had to empty my charity box today. I couldn't fit any thing else in it. It is all in the dryoer as I type so it can be delivered tomrrow. Now I get to start all over. I will have to mail some of the baby hats (they go to Denver). The hats to the school will go tomrrow as will the hospice lapgans. Our hospice center has 24 beds and are hoping to expand in the near future.

Wow Dorothy, do you ever sleep? Because if you've found a way to go without, I *need* to know! I promise not to tell anyone else! Good for you, getting your box filled up!

I wish I could say that I enjoynot being able to sleep... I have no clue why I can't but I figure if I have to be up I might as well do something constructive. The nurse a the school was thrilled with more hats. I then took the 5 lapgans I had finished to the hospice center an they loved them there too. I asked her if they were in constant need of them and she said yes. Then she asked what I wanted done with the blankets after the paitent passed. Taylor ( oldest daughter) wanted to make sure that the familys could take them home, She puts square together that we have here and donates them to hospice. I think all together she has put 8 lapgans together in the last year. I am running out of squares for her to assemble so I think I prolly should work on those too :blush.

I wish I could say that I enjoynot being able to sleep... I have no clue why I can't but I figure if I have to be up I might as well do something constructive. The nurse a the school was thrilled with more hats. I then took the 5 lapgans I had finished to the hospice center an they loved them there too. I asked her if they were in constant need of them and she said yes. Then she asked what I wanted done with the blankets after the paitent passed. Taylor ( oldest daughter) wanted to make sure that the familys could take them home, She puts square together that we have here and donates them to hospice. I think all together she has put 8 lapgans together in the last year. I am running out of squares for her to assemble so I think I prolly should work on those too .

Well, it's good that you can use your insomia for the forces of good against hatless children and blanketless hospice patients. I get mad because I know I have to work the next day and being mad makes me even more wide awake. I have tried every drug, herbal, old wives tale, wican ritual...you get the idea. But not much works. It's hit or miss.

One of the gals that was involved in the January Charity Blitz posted a pattern for a scarf with hearts in it. So cute, I want to make one.

Good morning Ladies! I hope that every one has a good day! I am off to work again today. I am going to take the lapgan that I am working on with me so hopefully I will have anothe one finished today.

:hyper I'm here! I'm here!!! I've just been CRAZY busy!!!

I finished hat #4 for this year. I'm going to take my box to my crochet group today, show the girls, and get it sent out. Two of the girls crocheted with me before, and helped me fill a couple of boxes earlier. They contributed some to this box, as well. When I get the hats out, I will take pics, and post here. I hope my new crocheters will be intrigued enough to help out, too, though most of them aren't at that level yet. They'll get there!!!:yes

I had to empty my charity box today. I couldn't fit any thing else in it. It is all in the dryoer as I type so it can be delivered tomrrow. Now I get to start all over. I will have to mail some of the baby hats (they go to Denver). The hats to the school will go tomrrow as will the hospice lapgans. Our hospice center has 24 beds and are hoping to expand in the near future.

That's awesome! Keep up the good work!:cheer

I have been mainly working on hats in my spare time, I now have 11 made! My goal was 12 things for the year! I'm doing better then I thought. I best make it 20 things now! :clap

Everyone's stuff looks fabulous!

I finished up one more cat mat that I started during the weekend charity blitz. I will have a picture this weekend. No football tomorrow. (Well, the pro bowl, but who cares). Now how am I going to get stuff done??

Denise - the package came! Thanks!

I finished one snuggle - from the smallest one. I'll post pics when I get them all done. I just making them up as I go along, so expect mixed results.

I really like the pattern with the clusters out to the corner and thought, "I have that pattern!" I'm going to use it in a squares sampler lapghan I making, and I'm considering making a lapghan using just that one.

Quitting time! Get to go home! See y'all later.

Donna, I feel better already that you are making use of them. Now, what else can I send you??

Here is the mat I started during the charity weekend and finished recently. The strange brown yarn made one small bit of it wavy. I wonder what this brown stuff is? Last time I gave away some yarn I didn't like for cat mats, it turned out to be some super-expensive stuff.

post-13802-135897622095_thumb.jpg

Well, I got all the hats washed, dryed, and ready to go, so here they are, spread out on my table. There are 50 hats in this box. One of my girls added one at our meeting to bring it to such a nice, even number. (I am going to add that one to my count, though, since it's going in my box.) I made most of these last year.

post-16396-135897622102_thumb.jpg

Archived