Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

How wonderful! :clap What an awesome first project for them to make. That was about the age my mom first showed me how to crochet and I've been obsessed ever since. Be prepared to buy them lots and lots more yarn! :hook:manyheart

:sigh I didn't crochet when my twins were that age, and now they aren't even remotely interested, though my daughter will request items from time to time...

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The twins are finished with their first hats! Riley made the pink one. Haley made the purple one! They are thrilled with the hats! I am thrilled with them!!!:c9 What do you think?

[ATTACH]32712[/ATTACH]

Dorothy

their hats turned out super cute

I have finished up my fourth cat mat,pics tomorrow before I give them to the gal collecting for Portsmouth Humane society

Thank you all for the nice comments about the twins and their hats. They are super proud of themselves as am I. Both are working on a adult hat for their uncle in MI.

EVERY ONE IS DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB!

I finished the baby blanket and a hat today. The hat is for the charity box. Riley also finished her second hat! The blanket is actually purple and a green, purple tweed. Cameras are great for not getting colors right!

post-19553-13589761329_thumb.jpg Addisons blanket

post-19553-1358976133_thumb.jpg Hat for the charity box

post-19553-135897613304_thumb.jpg Rileys second hat

Another nice hat! I'm sure Uncle will love it!

I have got to learn that spiral thing.

I messed up this spiral. Not quite sure how... It is supposed to have 12 sections and it oly has 10. But By the time I realized it I was on the last round so I didn't rip it out.

You ladies have been busy and everything looks great. I have been busy finishing flower girls' dresses and shortening bridesmaids' dresses for my daughter's wedding next week so I haven't done much crocheting but as soon as the wedding is over I plan to do lots of crocheting.

I have spent most of the evening weighing yarn. If I have enoough to make a baby hat it goes in a basket if not it goes in for YOYO's. Such fun... My goal is to get rid of my scrap yarn and make room for my new treadmill that should be here in about 3 weeks.

You ladies have been busy and everything looks great. I have been busy finishing flower girls' dresses and shortening bridesmaids' dresses for my daughter's wedding next week so I haven't done much crocheting but as soon as the wedding is over I plan to do lots of crocheting.

Wow! A wedding!!! Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter!!! And if you would feel any desire to post pictures..... I wouldn't complain!

Hi! Just checking in.

I love the spiral baby blanket. I've never done a spiral but would like to try it some day.

The cat mats are great. I have several snuggles in progress. I still need to add a few rounds to the sqaure from another crochet-along. I was working on a larger one with two strands, and came to the end of one ball was too lazy to go into the other room to get another of the color that ended, so I picked up another ball and started a third. Some day they will all be done!

I've been doing jigsaws, but now that I'm back at work I'm going to put that away and I'll be back to crocheting. The second one I did turned out to be a lot harder than it looked like it would be and took hours longer than I expected. So I've decided to abandon for now the third I wanted to do.

went to the knitting,etc. meeting at the library today.

showed the cat mats around,lots of oooh's and aaaah's,then gave then to the lady that does alot of work with Portsmouth Humane society,she said they'll be so happy with these new ones.

Pineknott - I'm glad you found a good home for the snuggles. I'll be taking my first batch the second weekend in February. I hope they like them so I get a permanent job making them. Since all my other projects are afghans, it's grans to have something small that can be finished quickly.

What do you do with yo-yo's?

A couple women here take them and put them into afghans for diffrent charities. It is a great way to use up little bits of yarn and you don't have to weave in the ends! :devil

Last night I worked for a bit on a mid-size snuggle - 24 x 24, and brought a smaller one to work today. I also brought the thread and hook for the snowflakes from the Combo Challenge. It's sounds like pretty much an all play day at work. I have maybe an hour's actual work to do on this 10 hour shift, but I really can't crochet until a while before closing - and at break.

Actually I could probably do it now. The check of the floors about an hour ago found 2 people in the whole library. And three employees. It's like this when the Saints are playing.

Archived