Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

Hello Every one!! I am going to host the Boxing day CAL again this next year. Any thing you make for Charity can be counted. Hats, scarves, mittens, blankets, slippers, squares well you get the idea. Any one want to join me? We Start on December 26 keep a running total and at the end of the year we post them and get to see how much good we did.:manyheart

dorothysgirls: Dorothy - Hats for the schools

babypoohsmom: Denise - Kennel blankets

basjordan: Beth - Hats for brain surgey patients

patterncollector: ? - Hats for homless shelters

jeniferelyse74: Jenifer - NICU blankets & HAP rectangles

needlearts: Darlene - Hats, mittens and 6x9 rectangles

mommy2alex: Lisa - NICU blankets & HAP rectangles

Lilly Flower: ? - What ever strikes her fancy!

CShort: ? - Hats for homless shelters

ddc: Donna - lapghans for Hospice and baby afghans

pineknott: ? - scarves and snuggles

MamaBearCRT : Jessica - HAP rectangles & HMB Squares

jigglypuff : ? - Pet Mats

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Dorothy, first I have to say 741 yo-yos? That's an average of 2 per day. I am afraid to ask what "373/365" means for your Boxing Day CAL!

Nicole usually does a charity CAL once a month, but maybe she won't this month because of the holiday. So I will join up. I mostly do kennel blankets for an animal rescue, is that ok?

Denise

Wow Dorothy, first I have to say 741 yo-yos? That's an average of 2 per day. I am afraid to ask what "373/365" means for your Boxing Day CAL!

Nicole usually does a charity CAL once a month, but maybe she won't this month because of the holiday. So I will join up. I mostly do kennel blankets for an animal rescue, is that ok?

Denise

Hello and Welcome! Any thing that you want to do for charity is GREAT!!!!!!

I set a goal to do 365 things for charity, hats scarves or what ever else struck my fancy... I wound up with 373 hats. Uncounted scarves and a few lapghans for the hospice center.

I'm in. This year I sent several (not sure how many) baby ghans to Kathryn for her NICU babies. I'll be doing that again. Also, I just joined the HAP group so I will be making rectangles. I'll have to think about a goal. I want something challenging but realistic.

I think I will try 24 ghans and 48 rectangles. That's 2 and 4 per month. I am hoping to do many more but we'll have to see...

I will try to join! It sounds fun! If I can make 12 things for charity that would be a good number. I definately need some motivation. I will probably be doing whatever strikes my fancy at the moment because I have a hard time sticking to just one object or idea! Thanks for running this! You did a great job this past year! I could never make all those hats in just 365 days! Congrats!

Good morning Ladies!!

I hope that every had a great Christmas! I have worked every day since the 23rd on average 15 hours a day.... With a very demanding client. I am hoping that things will calm down enough to get hooking!!!

Oh wrennie, your snuggles are so up town! I use up donated scraps to make mine, so they are a bit more - eclectic! I've finished one, so I should have a picture posted soon.

90% of my yarn is gifted to me or thrift store partial skeins. The blue & tan was ILTY all the others were thrift yarn. The center left one is made with 5 strands of baby weight yarns, and an L hook.

I have a magic ball started that I'll mix with a couple strands of solid for a more mixed look.

Archived