Boxing day for charity 2011 Lets post Totals!!

dorothysgirls

Hello busy people! Wow, there have been a lot of fun pictures since I checked in last. Mom is still in the hospital. She may be transferred to the looney bin if they keep her there much longer, but it's too dangerous to send her home because her count is still so low.

Here is another cat mat I made. It was some chunky yarn I've never used before. This is just one strand. It's smaller than most of the ones I make - but I was just using up that type of yarn....

post-13802-135897614595_thumb.jpg

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of my snuggles are only 12" square. How big is that one? My smaller cats curl up on my lap, which a 12" square covers. The shelves i the large cages aren't real big so small isn't necessarily not a good thing.

I still had 300 yo yo's left from last year that I didn't mail. So I just kept adding to the box. I have gone through all the scrap yarn that wasn't enought to make a baby hat nd made yo yo's. In this box there is 718 of them. That is almost enough for 3 full size afghans. I think it tkes 256 yo yo's for 1 blanket.

post-19553-135897614621_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897614627_thumb.jpg

Dorothy, that's a lot of yo yo's. How cool to be able to use up yarn for something useful like that!

BabyPoohsmom, love the snuggle. With the thick yarn, it's probably very cushy.

I didn't do my weekly hat yesterday, but the dog got me up at 1:13 in the morning, and I got a good start on it when we came in. I needed to settle down before I could go back to sleep. I hope to finish it today.

When we got up this morning it was -24 out. I decided to take the 15 hats for school age kids to the school. When I got there 4 kids were in the office crying that thy didn't have hats. I gave the hats to the nurse and she passed them out. by the end of the day there were no hats left. Tonight I have been working on hats. I was so sad and upset when te nurse called and said that she was out hats. I can't imagine sending my kids to school with out a hat in this weather. :wbrr

When we got up this morning it was -24 out. I decided to take the 15 hats for school age kids to the school. When I got there 4 kids were in the office crying that thy didn't have hats. I gave the hats to the nurse and she passed them out. by the end of the day there were no hats left. Tonight I have been working on hats. I was so sad and upset when te nurse called and said that she was out hats. I can't imagine sending my kids to school with out a hat in this weather. :wbrr

Wow! How horrible for those kids to go out in that cold with no hat. How nice to know that your work is making a real, concrete difference in their lives. :hug

You people are making me feel like I'm going backwards!!! I am very impressed with your speed!!! Congratulations on all you've accomplished already.

Beth remember that every thing that you do makes one more person happy. :manyheart

I'm impressed!!! Pics???

finished 5 snuggles over the past week/end :yay

:woo ! I wanna see pics tooo.:blush

okie dokie.

I cant remember if I posted the brown one before or not. I have to go count how many are in the bag. :doh Our model today is Hunter. He's standing on the brown one. He is a big kitty, 13 lbs, so he makes the snuggle look small. I do, do larger snuggles with large kitties in mind. The heart shaped one is basically stormyz cat mat with a flat instead of ruffled edge and 1 strand of yarn instead of 2. The pink & green is chanpys castle square with 4 more rows added to make it big enough for a snuggle.

post-6085-135897615271_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897615274_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897615277_thumb.jpg

post-6085-135897615279_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

The heart is cool. I forgot to add; the red one is 2 strands ww so thicker than an afghan but not as thick as the blue one that was made with 3 strands of ww and is more of a mat than blankey. And, the one right behind the heart with the pink is done in a spiral. Yay, I finally learned how to do that one!

Thanks!

The heart is cool. I forgot to add; the red one is 2 strands ww so thicker than an afghan but not as thick as the blue one that was made with 3 strands of ww and is more of a mat than blankey. And, the one right behind the heart with the pink is done in a spiral. Yay, I finally learned how to do that one!

:woo Spirals are fun to do don'tyou think? That is once you get the hang of them. :devil

okie dokie.

I cant remember if I posted the brown one before or not. I have to go count how many are in the bag. :doh Our model today is Hunter. He's standing on the brown one. He is a big kitty, 13 lbs, so he makes the snuggle look small. I do, do larger snuggles with large kitties in mind. The heart shaped one is basically stormyz cat mat with a flat instead of ruffled edge and 1 strand of yarn instead of 2. The pink & green is chanpys castle square with 4 more rows added to make it big enough for a snuggle.

Thanks so much for sharing pictures!!!

I have to show you my cat Hunter. This is uncanny. Mine is an old lady - about 16 years old - and starting to show her age.

post-16396-135897615293_thumb.jpg

Archived